Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,703 members, 7,805,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards (62933 Views)

Yvonne Nelson, Jackie Appiah, Yvonne Okoro, Lydia Forson, Ama McBrown Step Out / Ubi Franklin Wearing Bum Shorts, Davido’s Chioma, Lydia Forson React / Bbnaija: CeeC Thanks Juliet Ibrahim, Small Doctor, Lydia Forson, Nuella Njubigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by Mowunmiaf: 9:52am On Dec 05, 2017
Ghanaian Actress, Lydia Forson speaks on her rejection in the movie industry and how she became irreplaceable. Unfortunately, Lydia wad rejected on basis of her body size. She said ''while I don't see that as a deterrent to playing the character, the client thinks otherwise. ( Alas, he who plays the piper...)

The issue of body shaming is so much of a big deal in the society. Sometimes, you begin to wonder if people really think before sending people off. some people are so mean in their choice of words. As long as they make you feel bad, they really don't care.

Lydia Forson has been able to scale through that phase with strong determination.

Africa.

I was rejected NOT because I wasn't good enough for the role, but because I didn't fit into the producers idea of what a 'beautiful' woman looks like. (mind you I know I'm fcking �) But guess what?
This big ass and tits won me an AFRICA MOVIE ACADEMY AWARD, AFRICA INT. FILM FESTIVAL AWARD, GHANA MOVIE AWARD, SUPER WOMAN AWARD, CITY PEOPLE AWARD, FASHION ICON AWARD and a Your Father is drooling over me MEGA AWARD. .

It's ok if I'm not your cup of tea; just know you're not my kettle of hot water for my tea either. ☕️ .
I don't have a problem with my body, you do; so go and FIX your problem.❤️#bodypositive #yourmanstillwantsme #evenyourdaddywantsme #imightjustdateyourdaddytopissyouoff #dontfeelsorryforme #feelsorryforthosepeople #imgood #imsomeonesTASTE�#toeachtheirown .
UPDATE: I see a lot of people trying to tell me how to feel and react to a situation they've never been a part of, first of all I ONLY posted a part of a correspondence,and not what had transpired prior. Ass a professional actress I'm well aware that I have to look a part for certain movies which is why we sometimes audition. So it's really ok if I'm rejected because I'm not what the producer is looking for. But this role didn't require any of that, also I was already given the role without auditioning because of my body of work; so negotiations were made, and we were ready to start filming. Last minute someone decided to go against everyone because he didn't think my body size was going to be attractive enough for how sexy, beautiful and romantic the movie was going to be. And please don't cry for me, I'm really ok. Life and God have been so good to me.❤️

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcTWrZQlTwO/?hl=en

4 Likes

Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by Mowunmiaf: 9:52am On Dec 05, 2017
wow

1 Like

Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 05, 2017
grin

∆ The world starts becoming a better place the day women stop seeing themselves as sexual objects

Spits*** ∆

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by Catalyst4real: 10:02am On Dec 05, 2017
See pot bele

I hate that thing

Big Nyash that comes with overweight na wash. Gerarahia

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 05, 2017
Indomie for brains

12 Likes

Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 05, 2017
Indomie for brains. Why I dey even comment self. Braggart

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by adadike281(f): 10:22am On Dec 05, 2017
Nice ukwu!

1 Like

Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by Pidginwhisper: 10:37am On Dec 05, 2017
angry

1 Like

Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by concupiscent: 10:42am On Dec 05, 2017
"When she said this big ass and tits won me_-_- does she mean she slept with producers or show organizers? or she's being sarcastic?

Irregardless, I wish women would see more to themselves aside the vagina, boobs and ass the are carrying. For many of them, life revolve around those things"

-concupiscent

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by Evablizin(f): 10:51am On Dec 05, 2017
Ukwu doing wonders since the days of solomon.grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by Mowunmiaf: 11:09am On Dec 05, 2017
cc;lalasticlala,mynd44
Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by Teewhy2: 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2017
why all the body shaming, people are created differently and what entices one body might not entices another person. if they keep fit with their shapes i don't see anything wrong with it, some people with so called slim body have more fat ( cholesterol) in their system than the so called fatty ones.
come to think of it most of these thick bold people commands more respect in native attire than most slim people especially in parties.
They go first serve them jollof rice and drink before them give the slim lady by their side food. They use " cash madam" eyes look them.

Are you planning to do a roof parapet?
Check out details of our polystyrene parapet installation, it is light, fast to install and durable.
Prefect for land which doesn't much loads and renovation works.
Click below
https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/6

3 Likes

Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by yomalex(m): 3:00pm On Dec 05, 2017
grin cheesy
Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by taiyesoul(f): 3:00pm On Dec 05, 2017
Your big ass and tits won you the award?.That is,using what you've got to get what you want abi?.smh

21 Likes

Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by BruncleZuma: 3:00pm On Dec 05, 2017
The rate of corruption of NL FP is getting damn too high!

30 Likes

Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by Ivimilly: 3:00pm On Dec 05, 2017
Every woman Issa hoe

1 Like

Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by pol23: 3:01pm On Dec 05, 2017
Yeye dey smell..
Body shaming is not good.
Shame's when a bald man wear Afro.
A plus woman wears Bikini..
Having sex because of a Useless award.
I assume this is a shameful act...
We still don't know your name,because you haven't served boys around here,bring that ass here Copsy (my Dog) can manage it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:01pm On Dec 05, 2017
grin grin cheesy SORRY SOONER OR LATER A NAUGHTY WEIRD LOOKING CóCK IS GONNA PENETRATE AND COLLECT THAT AWARD
Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by taiyesoul(f): 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2017
grin
Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by 9jatatafo(m): 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2017
All thanks to your big ass
Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by Gten(m): 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2017
Ladies and playing the victim card, movie production is a business and producers don't manage actors to please them. It's right to feel good about yourself but no producer owe you a duty of selection.

5 Likes

Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by LordPOSEIDON: 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2017
I'm not disappointed at all!
Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by saraki2019(m): 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2017
what is this
go and cover it pls
many women in north was something better
but they are modest
this is slutish
this is #disgusting
Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by davodyguy: 3:03pm On Dec 05, 2017
Big tits?

Pathetic
Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 05, 2017
I keep saying it, and yes she has spoken for many ladies out there whose selling point is their body and not their brains or ability. Forget the talk about being rejected despite being suitable for the role, its the same line being used by ladies who sleep around with lecturers, claiming he deliberately failed them despite them being brilliant. They're the same bimbos who belong to the rape crew when we know they both enjoyed the sex.
Feminist wannabes would come at me with their long knives buh they've got nothing on me

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by tiswell(m): 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2017
Ukwu nkea nwelu nti!!!
Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by MrMcJay(m): 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2017
Look at this one with her belly like a bale of okrika cloth saying her privates won her an award. Arthritis is just looking at her and smiling. At 60, she'll read this post of hers and shake her head.

By the way it's been a while since I we heard from Toke Makinwa. Ms Independent, Ms 'Hard'working, Ms.' God-got-me'. I hope Toke is also planning to sleep with someone who would give her sense.

5 Likes

Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by Playz(m): 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2017
shocked
Well, at least she's being plain with us, not trying to hide the truth.
What's done is done...

1 Like

Re: Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards by IamProdigy: 3:05pm On Dec 05, 2017
Shey be its your mate that just eon Rhodes award....in the previous thread......with their brains.... undecided

So you cant use that part of your body Aunty?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mr Eazi Goes Gaga For Temi Otedola's Beauty (Photos) / "I Am Single , I Am Not Married" - Juliet Ibrahim Cries Out / Video Of Joeboy And Laycon Eating A Bowl Of Eba On The Floor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.