Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

My SARS Brutality Experience #EndSarsBrutality - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My SARS Brutality Experience #EndSarsBrutality (1388 Views)

My SARS Story / Man Dies As A Result Of SARS Brutality (Photo) / My SARS Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My SARS Brutality Experience #EndSarsBrutality by leksmedia: 1:32pm On Dec 05, 2017
I have been trying to share this story a long time, So I feel this is the best time to share this experience.
On 7th November 2017, I got a call from a top client that I have been trying to convince to patronise our Service. He asked me to come for payment, With joy in my heart, I packed my laptop, prepared my slides, make sure the proposal for set and off I went.
On my way to his office, I got to Ojodu Area which shares a border with Ogun State, I was stopped by this men on Black, they have no Uniforms just a black Shirt, No name or identification whatsoever. They asked me to identify myself, which I did, I told them I am a website designer and digital marketing personnel. Then they asked me to declare what I have in my bag (from experience I have learnt not to say laptop) So I told I have my work tools in it. They asked me to open which I gladly did. Immediately they saw a laptop in my bag, I could see the joy on their faces like someone that won a grand lottery. Then they asked for the receipt. I told them I don't have the receipt on me and that the laptop was a parting gift from my former organisation before I started my own company, then they told me to drop the laptop with them and go bring the receipt from home. After showing them documents that clearly stated my claim. I know leaving the laptop with them was not an option, if I do that then that will be the end of the laptop and I don't want to hear stories that touches the heart.
So I pleaded with them, showed them my website, showed my identity, showed them evidence that it was a gift.
Then one of them told me to just settle myself and go else I will be delayed, I said No problem. I have a policy of no bribe (this is not me trying to form saint or anything) But if we must build a good Nigeria or citizenry, It should start with us. I told him, I am sorry I can't. Then they asked me to follow them to their station. Note, I have a meeting for 1pm and I have already been delayed for over an hour already. I was not the only one they are taking to the station, there were 4 of us, 3 yahoo boys and some drug guys that sell hemp I guess, I was tempted to just pay them off and go my way so they don't pack us together and sell one fake story. But the guilt of doing that will forever hunt me. So I stood my ground and followed them to their station. I knew they can be funny, so I quickly started sending messages to a group I belong to on whatsapp, I was updating the group as things was happening, as if I knew , Immediately I got to their station, They seized my phone, my laptop , prevented me from making any form of contact outside , They said I was forming saint, one of them even threatened to shoot my leg for not cooperating with them. Note, I never disrespected them, I just told them I wasn't going to pay bribe Note: I am against people that disrespects men on uniforms (whether security, police, cleaners, etc.) They even try to force me to write statement of something I know nothing about.
At the end of the day, the real criminals were set free after paying and I was the only one held down.
So after wasting my time for over 4 hours, them all of a sudden, they said my laptop was missing, that I have organised one of my gang members to come and steal it. That I will spend the rest of my life in jail. One of them hit me , one even told me he will waste me off and nothing will happen that as a SARS he is licensed to kill. At that point, I raised my voise and told them my laptop can never miss that if it happens there will be consequences and that heads will roll and not just that I will get back my PC in hundred folds, So I got my phone back and started updating the folks on my whatsapp group. So my watsapp group pals , started making contacts , so they contacted the DPO of Ojodu who had to make some calls to the other DPO where I was held at Ojodu Abiodun Police station. That was how my laptop was released and I was set free around some minutes to 5pm .
From 11am in the morning to 5pm In the evening that experienced almost made me cry, I still got emotional and teary typing this right now.

I wouldn't say #EndSARS But we all should fight against #EndSarsBrutality
Also we should also not blame the SARS personnel, lets not forget that they are also victims of this country Corruption and decay. But that doesn't give them the right to maltreat anyone. Lets respect our Police, lets show them love too even though They might not deserve but they need it and above all, the Nigerian police should do a lot to earn our respect back.

But that doesn't change my love for them, no matter how much they hurt me, I will always be a step above them by showing them love

Source : http://www.businessmopol.com/
Re: My SARS Brutality Experience #EndSarsBrutality by leksmedia: 1:33pm On Dec 05, 2017
These are some of my messages to the group cc lalasticlala

Re: My SARS Brutality Experience #EndSarsBrutality by SOFTENGR: 1:40pm On Dec 05, 2017
leksmedia:
I have been trying to share this story a long time, So I feel this is the best time to share this experience.
On 7th November 2017, I got a call from a top client that I have been trying to convince to patronise our Service. He asked me to come for payment, With joy in my heart, I packed my laptop, prepared my slides, make sure the proposal for set a sadnd off I went.
On my way to his office, I got to Ojodu Area which shares a border with Ogun State, I was stopped by this men on Black, they have no Uniforms just a black Shirt, No name or identification whatsoever. They asked me to identify myself, which I did, I told them I am a website designer and digital marketing personnel. Then they asked me to declare what I have in my bag (from experience I have learnt not to say laptop) So I told I have my work tools in it. They asked me to open which I gladly did. Immediately they saw a laptop in my bag, I could see the joy on their faces like someone that won a grand lottery. Then they asked for the receipt. I told them I don't have the receipt on me and that the laptop was a parting gift from my former organisation before I started my own company, then they told me to drop the laptop with them and go bring the receipt from home. After showing them documents that clearly stated my claim. I know leaving the laptop with them was not an option, if I do that then that will be the end of the laptop and I don't want to hear stories that touches the heart.
So I pleaded with them, showed them my website, showed my identity, showed them evidence that it was a gift.
Then one of them told me to just settle myself and go else I will be delayed, I said No problem. I have a policy of no bribe (this is not me trying to form saint or anything) But if we must build a good Nigeria or citizenry, It should start with us. I told him, I am sorry I can't. Then they asked me to follow them to their station. Note, I have a meeting for 1pm and I have already been delayed for over an hour already. I was tempted to just pay them off and go my way. But the guilt will forever hunt me. So I stood my ground and followed them to their station. I knew they can be funny, so I quickly started sending messages to a group I belong to on whatsapp, I was updating the group as things was happening, as if I knew , Immediately I got to their station, They seized my phone, my laptop , prevented me from making any form of contact outside , They said I was forming saint, one of them even threatened to shoot my leg for not cooperating with them. Note, I never disrespected them, I just told them I wasn't going to pay bribe Note: I am against people that disrespects men on uniforms (whether security, police, cleaners, etc.) They even try to force me to write statement of something I know nothing about.
So after wasting my time for over 4 hours, them all of a sudden, they said my laptop was missing, that I have organised one of my gang members to come and steal it. That I will spend the rest of my life in jail. One of them hit me , one even told me he will waste me off and nothing will happen that as a SARS he is licensed to kill. At that point, I raised my voise and told them my laptop can never miss that if it happens there will be consequences and that heads will roll and not just that I will get back my PC in hundred folds, So I got my phone back and started updating the folks on my whatsapp group. So my watsapp group pals , started making contacts , so they contacted the DPO of Ojodu who had to make some calls to the other DPO where I was held at Ojodu Abiodun Police station. That was how my laptop was released and I was set free around some minutes to 5pm .
From 11am in the morning to 5pm In the evening that experienced almost made me cry, I still got emotional and teary typing this right now.

I wouldn't say #EndSARS But we all should fight against #EndSarsBrutality
Also we should also not blame the SARS personnel, lets not forget that they are also victims of this country Corruption and decay. But that doesn't give them the right to maltreat anyone. Lets respect our Police, lets show them love too even though They might not deserve but they need it and above all, the Nigerian police should do a lot to earn our respect back.

But that doesn't change my love for them, no matter how much they hurt me, I will always be a step above them by showing them love
Can I join the whatsapp group as well?
Re: My SARS Brutality Experience #EndSarsBrutality by Baawaa(m): 1:42pm On Dec 05, 2017
The new tag now is #ENDSARSBRUTaLITY#
Re: My SARS Brutality Experience #EndSarsBrutality by AntiWailer: 1:45pm On Dec 05, 2017
Baawaa:
The new tag now is #ENDSARSBRUTaLITY#

Yes. I am in.
Re: My SARS Brutality Experience #EndSarsBrutality by leksmedia: 1:55pm On Dec 05, 2017
Unfortunately its a very closed Group .

SOFTENGR:

Can I join the whatsapp group as well?
Re: My SARS Brutality Experience #EndSarsBrutality by quiverfull(m): 3:33pm On Dec 05, 2017
Dear Op, God simply saved your life. Those guys could have killed you and framed your corpse for some cooked up stories.
This same SARS people were alleged to have sold some innocent young men/suspects to ritualists in Illorin.
Re: My SARS Brutality Experience #EndSarsBrutality by InfinixMine: 4:45pm On Dec 05, 2017
I had my own similar experience February this year same police station.. was asked to produce receipt of laptop I got as a gift 2 years ago but 5000 was paid for my bail. .. Funny enough a guy was arrested and told to produce the receipt of the generator he's using...

#EndSARSBrutality

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Again, Herdsmen Kill 39, Sack And Raze Three Communities In Benue / 2 Nigerian Women Fight & Strip Off Their Clothes On A Street In London / Man Killed By SARS Kolade Johnson,was The Only Parent's Child And Had A Baby Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.