Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,664 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Diary Of An Anonymous Corper - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of An Anonymous Corper (101838 Views)

ANONYMOUS By ANONYMOUS / My Adventure As A Corper In Plateau State Jos / 3 Sisters And A Corper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Hardeybaryor(m): 8:49pm On Jan 28, 2018
xtanlee:
ghosts is too good...happy birthday hardeybaryor...
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by OlufemiWhit(m): 10:57pm On Jan 28, 2018
Reader from day 1.........i'm enjoying your story

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by gh0sts: 10:58pm On Jan 28, 2018
OlufemiWhit:
Reader from day 1.........i'm enjoying your story
always look out for your comment. thanks boss.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by BiadeFolar(m): 7:44am On Jan 29, 2018
Now that's it. That lady is an unrepentant good writer, Imagine the baiday dedication post, hmmm.
Ghost is simply 'Good' spelt wrong!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Makz: 9:21pm On Jan 29, 2018
bamssy:
hmmm guys de take m personal dem don forget say na fiction..... gud wrk Ghost
well, she's talking about Jos. It's my place. That one doesn't look a bit like it's fiction.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Cjizzy(m): 1:04am On Jan 30, 2018
gh0sts:
My birthday fell on a Thursday in November. I had to go to school the next day and didn't like that at all...I had infact planned to cancel school the next day. Haba! It's my birthday and I'm suppose to be out late, get drunk and get high on cheap drugs. I may end up not remembering everything that happened that night.

Thursday morning, I had woken up with a silly smile on my face. First time in a while I didn't think of my shitty life. I had in fact woken up very early. I got to school really early and looking very beautiful, not like I've been forced out of a box. I read the messages that had already been left on my phone by friends. There was none from my family. I was used to it though, it's not like they forget. It's just that they don't remember early. A lot of people didn't know it was my birthday. I wanted it to be like that. I don't like how Nigerians celebrate birthdays. The happy birthday wish is always accompanied with a 'where's our drink or food' comment. And I don't have strength to be dishing out fake smiles, while explaining that I'm not celebrating...that always makes me uncomfortable. As if I'm not the one that's suppose to be receiving gifts.

I finished my class by 9.30am. I didn't want to go home. It would be too lonely and boring for me. I didn't want to spend my birthday alone, but I had no choice. Lanle was at work and would close till it's 6pm, and Andrea was at her school. I had no choice but to come home. The stench of boredom hit me hard as I walked in through the gate. I wanted to turn back and go find a new friend. At a point I thought about going to jos. At least, I could go to a real fancy eatery and munch on some really expensive, unhealthy food.
As I walked into my building, my neighbour's three year old son hugged Me. It was the first time and I was clearly surprised. In my mind he remembered my birthday. Either that, or he knows what i was thinking. We walked to my room together. I was happy he was there. I kept telling him how much I loved him for remembering my birthday and how he's my best friend for that day. I told him I'd never leave him and I'd love him with all my heart. He told me too that he loved me and would never leave me. Although he said it in Tarok language, language was not going to be a barrier for us.

There was light and so I played music from my phone, although not as loud as a speaker I danced, while Dela watched me. He was clearly enjoying the show. I could see the the flickers in his white bright eyes as he smiles. Finally the rice and beans that I was warming got ready. I dished it into two plates. One for Dela and the other for me. His eyes shone brighter as he immediately dug into his plate. We ate silently for a while. I finished dropped my plate and laid on my mattress. Next thing, I saw Dela struggling with my door. His plate was empty and our deal was off already? 'What a douche'. I thought. I ignored him. I knew there was no way he'd be able to open my door. And I was pissed with the poor child. After a while, I felt like I had punished him enough and I opened the door. His eyes were wet from tears. He said something in Tarok. A cuss I guess, right before leaving. I didn't wonder again why I was alone. My pettiness is enough reason.

I was back on my bed. After a while, I slept of. I was woken by a knock. Andra and Lanle had finally come to stay with me. They shouted their 'happy birthday' wish together. The day was fun from there. We watched movies with Wells laptop and binged ate together. Talking and laughing hysterically. They made a crazy video of me dancing like a robot to Rihanna's ' dancing in the dark '. They both gave my lap dance.

In the evening, we decided to stroll out. We bought roasted pork, yogurt and cheap whiskey. When we got to Lanle's place, we mixed the yogurt and whiskey together and drank it all with our roasted pork. By the time I got home, it was really late. I wasn't as wasted as I thought I would have been. Nedu and Dan dropped a little birthday gift for me. I wasn't around, so they gave it to Mag. I smoked it to top up the effect of the whiskey.
By the time I was feeling ' alright ', I concluded that I had a wonderful day.
It may not have been my best birthday, but I enjoyed it. At least I was surrounded by friends and Dela.

I do hope you have a better birthday than mine, Hardeybaryor. One surrounded with loved ones. Once again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I dedicate Rihanna's dancing in dark to you. Dance like no one is watching.
From your writing, I guessed you were a scorpio and it's confirmed

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by BiadeFolar(m): 2:01pm On Jan 30, 2018
My laptop dey misbehave, I for don start dropping this story but since e dey hard me do, i go just post the link and sort the iissh with the lapi out later https://www.okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Humulity: 5:41pm On Jan 30, 2018
Happy birthday!!!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Celsony: 10:08pm On Jan 30, 2018
eitsei:
yeah, I know and it can also be frustrating and traumatic... I can't imagine teaching a large class and earning a peanut pay, it's more or less slave labor like that

Gh0st was even lucky she was paid 4500, i am currently serving in ekiti state batch A strm 2, & i can tell you that my ppa obada high school in ise-orun lga doesnt pay corp members at all, nada.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by eitsei(m): 10:30pm On Jan 30, 2018
Celsony:

Gh0st was even lucky she was paid 4500, i am currently serving in ekiti state batch A strm 2, & i can tell you that my ppa obada high school in ise-orun lga doesnt pay corp members at all, nada.
Ekiti is even worse, where teachers are not even paid not to talk of Corp members

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Damibiz(m): 10:34pm On Jan 30, 2018
Nice update,i'm back

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by gh0sts: 11:01pm On Jan 30, 2018
It seems like whenever I look around me, I meet people who are same age as me doing way better. Fulfilled and all.
It's one of the reasons I decided to quit social media completely. I couldn't tell anymore what was real or fake. Everybody seems so happy and accomplished. And even when I see a write up about them being sad or depressed, the attached picture always says the complete opposite...it is usually how I want to look when I'm fully happy. Honestly, I can't post my sad and depressed picture. Because I might be sent to rehab for it...I always look like I'm on coke. My eyes, red with blue-black rings round it. My hair deshelved. My skin pale. Even those that seem to be serving with me, don't seem to be on the same level as I am. It's like they are serving in some first world country. With the beautiful khakis they wear, nothing like the rag that was given to us. The beautiful environment they stand to take pictures. I can't even start competing with that...not that I want to. I don't even have the strength to get out of bed in the morning, so dolling up for a picture is not even a plan at all. By the way, where will I find one of those majestic looking gates these people stand to take pictures in Langtang?

When I received my first allawee in camp, I understood why it was called an allowance. The money finished the moment I stepped foot in Port Harcourt. Not like I didn't spend it well. I sure did, but my needs were just bigger than the money. Receiving that alert is the joy of serving. Even for those that have other sources of income, that tingling feeling you get when you see the credit alert from you bank. That's it, the joy I'm talking about.

It was such a shame that I earned more than this an IT student. I remember how I used to read stories online of how people were able to save enough from serving. I really would like to know how they did it. My allawee has never lasted till the next credit alert comes in. Maybe I'm wasteful, or a big spender. Which I totally doubt. The money is just never enough. I seriously do not understand what the government is trying to teach us with that stipend...is it an experiment on how to curb wastage? They can stop now, Because it's not working.

My first allawee finished on transportation to and from Port Harcourt. By the time I was back to Langtang, I learnt how to draw a scale of preference...luckily I had other sources of income. But, I still had to decipher what was important and what wasn't. One pot was enough. A set of plate and few spoons and a fork. Two buckets; one for cooking and the other for bathing. It wasn't the time to live extravagantly. Nobody knew when the next allawee was coming. And I didn't want to fall for their pranks...

It was one of the only times I was grateful I was in Langtang north and not Jos. Although my allawee still finishes fast, my friends' in Jos finishes faster. At least there was no eatery and whenever that little demon comes and forms some nice food in my mind, I just swallow hard and eat my leftover rice and stew in peace.
There was no stupid outing to the club, or frivolous shopping in one of those over priced stores.
And, I don't just walk past terminus( the busiest place in Jos) and see those beautiful shoes or clothes that will make someone exchange their senses. Honestly, the cheap prices won't even make you feel like you are spending money until you realize that you have to trek back to bukuru.

Some months, I'll promise myself that I won't take money from my reserved account. Evey single time I say that, my subconscious laughs hysterically. Those months are usually the worse. Somehow, the money will drain faster than a water poured into a basket. And I may end up withdrawing twice from my reservoir.
Other times, I try to save and hold myself. Somehow, I'd just remember that I've been broke before and didn't die...and the next thing, I've blown it all.

These days, I've come to realize that 31 days is too long. And I end up hating whoever designed the calendar. He couldn't even keep at most 25 days? He had to make it thirty and even thirty one...mean son of a bitch.
January is the longest month ever. I honestly didn't know that until recently. And I think January is more than the normal thirty one days. We've all just been psychologically tricked into believing it's thirty one. I waited and waited for the twenty sixth day of January...like I was waiting for my period after having unprotected sex. When it finally came, it was on a Friday...how dare it? I was physically in distress. I think i am right when i say It was a code black for all corpers nationwide. The weekend after that was the slowest I've ever experienced. Although, I hate Mondays, I prayed for it with all my heart.

News of an increase has been flying past like a bird in migration. And as much as I pray that works, I even harder that it works sooner...I need to experience a bigger allawee than 19800.

9 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by BlackEl(m): 11:54pm On Jan 30, 2018
i've been following since the beginning. nice one Gh0sts . huge fan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by BiadeFolar(m): 6:42am On Jan 31, 2018
Now I'm laffing hysterically more than your subconcious does when u think of saving... Who told u the calendar was designed by a bitch's son, not the bitch herself?
FG increase the N19,800? Nah, not now buh trust me Timi (our third grandson) will get an increased allawee.
Thumbs up for the work tho.

5 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by dopechoks(m): 5:44pm On Jan 31, 2018
nice write up ghosts...more ink to your pen...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Celsony: 7:05pm On Jan 31, 2018
eitsei:
Ekiti is even worse, where teachers are not even paid not to talk of Corp members

Definitiely bro, & where they manage to pay (private schools) 5k, they go wan use you die. My friends in private school will go school from morning till 4pm. #ModernSlavery

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by emilykang(f): 7:17pm On Jan 31, 2018
Lovely update! Enjoy interesting stories, poetry, follow series on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by joromi36(f): 9:44pm On Jan 31, 2018
Wowwww Kopa weeeeee

nyc story ghost.... wish I can tell my own tho.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by eitsei(m): 11:13pm On Jan 31, 2018
Celsony:

Definitiely bro, & where they manage to pay (private schools) 5k, they go wan use you die. My friends in private school will go school from morning till 4pm. #ModernSlavery
radarada

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Kenzico(m): 3:27am On Feb 01, 2018
grin

Congrats Ghost, You too much

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by gh0sts: 9:20pm On Feb 02, 2018
When I started having a crush on Boss, I knew immediately that the devil was playing tinko with my sense. Apart from the fact that it is an almost impossible thing. Mainly because Boss is well, the boss. And I wasn't even a subordinate. He was also high standard and high maintenance...I wouldn't even last a week. I was loosing my mind mostly. I was in the phase where a smile, or a simple compliment from a person adds them on my friends list. And I was feeling exactly that way with Boss. Plus, it felt so much like a rebound emotion...one that was whipping its head out because, I was emotionally starved.
I was at least sensible enough to know that nothing was ever going to happen not just with Boss, but with the entire masculine community. I was still trying to heal my wounded heart. Of course, I had to guard it better this time before I end up on a surgical table because of heart break.

It was why when I met Diamond, I tried to keep it completely platonic...I didn't want to start catching feelings. But, I especially didn't want him to start catching feelings. But, I've always been very good at giving out the wrong vibe. Somehow, I'm just too nice and sweet. Not until I get bored and try to move on.

I had been home all day. Wasn't really in the mood to go out. The knock on my door both excited me and made me depressed. Lanle, Dan and Leks had come to cut short my lonesomeness. After a while, we had decided to go out, sit somewhere and drink. Just as we got ready to leave, Leks got a call. Some new guy he had met wanted to hangout. Plans got scattered as he asked that I went with him...me not letting opportunity pass me by. Especially one that meant hanging out. I agreed. We got there and met his friend. Got introduced and started conversation. He works with one of the banks in Langtang and had only been transfered not too long and needed friends. We drank, talked, ate. The conversation shifted from Leks, Diamond and I. And became just Diamond and I, Leks was mostly on his phone. And before I knew it, we were making plans without Leks. And that was it...
He sent a message to me on WhatsApp. And before I knew it he was asking to visit. I didn't mind, until it was turning into a relationship...one I didn't even know I was in. He made sure to visit everyday after work. Called to check up on me, sent me good night messages. Took time to send messages asking how my day was going in the afternoon...argh! It was too much. ' what I've I gotten myself into?' I thought.

That was how he came to visit on one of these days. I was so high, I could touch the moon. I had been moody mostly because Lanle had
her work started again and I won't see much of her. Langtang with no friends is a death sentence. Dan, Leks, Mag and Nedu had followed me home from CDS. They understood my plight and wanted to get me out of that foul mood. We had first prepared Noddles. Dan and I ate from the same plate. One that had been laced with MJ. I smoked some, drawing a little at a time. Because, I recently realized that I get choked up when I draw too much. After, that we ate some more with the rice I prepared. Just right after that my foul mood dissolved with the smoke. I was smiling again and laughing. Munching on everything I saw. I had never been that hungry.
As I was frying eggs that night to eat with bread, there was a knock on my door. I was preparing my sixth meal for the day...and it was late. I was too hungry, I grumbled a little about the person coming to reduce my ration...I didn't know that I could eat that much. I opened the door and found Diamond standing outside. I didn't care at all about him, all I was bothered about was my meal. I invited him to join me, because I was being polite. The joy in was stomach was so obvious when he declined...he could literally hear the worms in my gut say ' hurrah '. I finished my meal, and decided to watch a movie on my phone. My eyes were open, but it felt closed. I didn't know when the phone fell of my hands. I was on cloud nine. And although on a normal day, I would have asked that he left because it was late. I just didn't care that day. My head wasn't clear enough to assimilate. I didn't know when he left...but, when I woke up by 12, I was happy, he wasn't there because I needed to eat again...I should have known then, that I was on a long thing.
Only six days after we met, he was inviting me to accompany him to a wedding in Jos. Sharing a hotel room and all. Guy I don't even like from Adams o...plus, it's not like I'm into body business na.

Well, I'm not going to shut him out completely. I'll need him. Especially on days like this, when it seems the entire Tarok people are trying to withdraw their money because of an impending Apocalypse that I know not of.
I made it get too far. I was obviously too nice and smiley when we first met...lesson learnt though. It will never repeat.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Damibiz(m): 9:30pm On Feb 02, 2018
Ur love life ehmm na dieee,chaii na only Meneski fit handle ur type oh...nice update

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by BiadeFolar(m): 10:30pm On Feb 02, 2018
Diamond ko, Emerald ni... Nah Biade Fola gangan go eventually fry the dodo grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by IamBlanco(m): 11:14am On Feb 03, 2018
my first comment...

ghost, now u dn meet d 1 wey like u, u dy do smer smer... no worry, e go clear 4 yo eye. wise up o... winkphciteh shimas no dy dull o... cool

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by BiadeFolar(m): 12:46pm On Feb 03, 2018
IamBlanco:
my first comment...

ghost, now u dn meet d 1 wey like u, u dy do smer smer... no worry, e go clear 4 yo eye. wise up o... winkphciteh shimas no dy dull o... cool
Leave her alone, I love her laidat

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by DaAwesome1(m): 7:01pm On Feb 03, 2018
Cjizzy:
From your writing, I guessed you were a scorpio and it's confirmed
she sounded more like an aquarius

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Cjizzy(m): 10:21pm On Feb 03, 2018
DaAwesome1:
she sounded more like an aquarius
Nah..

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by DaAwesome1(m): 6:48am On Feb 04, 2018
Cjizzy:
Nah..
u know aquarians re so distant living in their heads most of the time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Cjizzy(m): 8:14am On Feb 04, 2018
DaAwesome1:

u know
aquarians re so distant
living in their heads most of the time
I am a Scorpio, I do that a lot.. We just love our privacy
Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by badohemmy(m): 8:28am On Feb 04, 2018
You are killing it gh0st.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by Josephamstrong1(m): 8:37am On Feb 04, 2018
Finally made FP

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Anonymous Corper by olite93(m): 9:13am On Feb 04, 2018
I just said goodbye to someone very close to my heart today. I don't know how it's going to be like from now on. Not because I don't have friends, but because there's a different kind of happiness that comes from knowing that there's this one person that makes your heart beat a little bit faster, someone that gives you an expectation. No matter how little that expectation is...

I just understood this paragraph. That feeling of emptiness and void. Yu remember all d promises, nice times, laughs, make outs, etc. I learnt on the job. When tins bcame too sweet, i started expecting d worst. It happend but we got back 2geda again. Twasnt really like b4 bt i still lov ha. Which might be my biggest undoing bt i lov ha. Hope yu find lov again.
Ps: i hope i dnt get deployed to a very dull area else I'll smoke to death.

Lovely story

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio / Undecided

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.