Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone (11483 Views)

Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone / Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho / Top 10 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by akeentech(m): 8:07am On Dec 07, 2017
CHECK MY SIG OUT AND SEE
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by zukachris(m): 8:07am On Dec 07, 2017
iyke926:
Can't use a non rooted phone.
how can I root my phone safely. I need direction on how to go about it.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by sway112: 8:40am On Dec 07, 2017
Op no try Sha !!!! Giving us lame reasons

Am sure he hasn't heard of custom roms ( lineage os or resurrection remix), magisk, xposed framework work etc

Chai !!!!
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by senex07: 9:27am On Dec 07, 2017
So my HTC One M9 was rooted and I would like to unroot it... any ideas?
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 07, 2017
zukachris:

how can I root my phone safely. I need direction on how to go about it.

What kind of phone using and working OS??
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by senex07: 9:44am On Dec 07, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
Trash trash trash.
You can always easily unroot your phone whenever you want want

How can I unroot my HTC One M9?
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:58am On Dec 07, 2017
senex07:

How can I unroot my HTC One M9?

Download Kingroot.
Tap on the Root Authorization Setting and you will see Remove Root Permission. Tap on it and a confirmation message will show up, tap OK. Once the unroot process begin, wait for a while until you get a notification that root has been removed from your phone. Wait for the app to close and then reboot your phone.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by mattAR(m): 10:36am On Dec 07, 2017
I have been trying to root my infinix hot 4 pro nothing seems to be working pls anybody who can assist me I will appreciate it dearly
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by saxby(f): 10:54am On Dec 07, 2017
Revolva:
Rooting has its disadvantages even if it gives you more control of your phone. This is due to the complexities associated with rooting your devices. The risk is even worse if it is not done by a professional. we highlights some of these risks.

Phone data will be lost

When you root your phone, you will be resetting it to the factory settings. This means that you will lose all the data that you have on your phone. You will be able to backup text messages and your gallery files with the help of apps, cloud syncing or by copying to your PC. Those can be easily restored. What you won't be able to backup is your app data.

Exposes your phone to security risks

Rooting exposes your device to unauthorised access, data leaks and theft, as well as hardware failure among others. Thus, if you have sensitive information on your phone, do not root it.

It invalidates your warranty

Manufacturers will not welcome warranty claims for devices tampered with by their customers. That includes both hardware and software changes, the latter of which includes root. So if rooting goes wrong, you may need to get another phone.

Can cause update issues

One of the issues related to rooting android is performing updates. Updates may fail to install due to software changes that occur while the phone has been rooted. Being unable to update your phone makes it susceptible to hackers. They will have a field day stealing your information.

Rooting never goes wrong

A tech whizz may find the process of rooting android phones very easy. But if you are a learner or beginner, there is a 99% of you to damage your phone if you attempt to root it yourself.
Nice information, but are there any advantages to rooting phones? Like why root it?
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by nitt: 11:00am On Dec 07, 2017
Wat extra advantages can i get frm rooting my Galaxy Note 5?

I'm using the T-Mobile version.

Hav 4gb ram but the stock apps av taken roughly 2gb of that.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by mickyeddi(m): 12:10pm On Dec 07, 2017
Revolva:
Rooting has its disadvantages even if it gives you more control of your phone. This is due to the complexities associated with rooting your devices. The risk is even worse if it is not done by a professional. we highlights some of these risks.

Phone data will be lost

When you root your phone, you will be resetting it to the factory settings. This means that you will lose all the data that you have on your phone. You will be able to backup text messages and your gallery files with the help of apps, cloud syncing or by copying to your PC. Those can be easily restored. What you won't be able to backup is your app data.

Exposes your phone to security risks

Rooting exposes your device to unauthorised access, data leaks and theft, as well as hardware failure among others. Thus, if you have sensitive information on your phone, do not root it.

It invalidates your warranty

Manufacturers will not welcome warranty claims for devices tampered with by their customers. That includes both hardware and software changes, the latter of which includes root. So if rooting goes wrong, you may need to get another phone.

Can cause update issues

One of the issues related to rooting android is performing updates. Updates may fail to install due to software changes that occur while the phone has been rooted. Being unable to update your phone makes it susceptible to hackers. They will have a field day stealing your information.

Rooting never goes wrong

A tech whizz may find the process of rooting android phones very easy. But if you are a learner or beginner, there is a 99% of you to damage your phone if you attempt to root it yourself.

My Android S8 will be useless without rooting it. I root it so I can install AdAway, It's the only app that can edit your Android host files, every other Adblocker uses some sort of vpn. I need root access to install apps like Viper4Android, It is a must for any audiophile. Only a rooted device can run apps like Titanium backup which allows you to uninstall System bloatware.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 07, 2017
mi broda you are not software engineer of phones

only update issue you try BT d rest Na scam ooo rooting of phone will make you go crazy abt phones

e.g you are using infinix hot 2 you can turn it to hot 4, witout having a problems with it
tecno f7 to Sony z3
tecno w3 to mi mix
e.t.c
if you no know anything about rooting ask not by talking about disadvantage
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 07, 2017
senex07:
So my HTC One M9 was rooted and I would like to unroot it... any ideas?
. if you unroot your phone you av crash it. because d phone av a problem of firmware version HTC m9
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by LukeLook: 3:48pm On Dec 07, 2017
jesbu:

What you said is true. But rooting a phone has its own advantage,
1: Blocking of Ad with dns
2: Modifications Of the audio system to give u powerful sound (AM3D Zirene Sound and Viper4 Fx)
3: Debloating to remove all manufacturers stock apps install custom rom tweak ram tweak network
The list endless. I can't use a phone without rooting it
Will rooting allow me to install apps directly on my sd memory card?!
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by LeoFish92(m): 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2017
Frenzytech:
mi broda you are not software engineer of phones

only update issue you try BT d rest Na scam ooo rooting of phone will make you go crazy abt phones

e.g you are using infinix hot 2 you can turn it to hot 4, witout having a problems with it
tecno f7 to Sony z3
tecno w3 to mi mix
e.t.c
if you no know anything about rooting ask not by talking about disadvantage

I'm into tech but turning of hot 2 into 4? How possible?

I'm using hot 3 and I'll very much love to tamper with it grin
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by LeoFish92(m): 3:59pm On Dec 07, 2017
mickyeddi:

My Android S8 will be useless without rooting it. I root it so I can install AdAway, It's the only app that can edit your Android host files, every other Adblocker uses some sort of vpn. I need root access to install apps like Viper4Android, It is a must for any audiophile. Only a rooted device can run apps like Titanium backup which allows you to uninstall System bloatware.

Bros u are there, that viper4android is a beast, combine it with infinix Xe-02 noise cancellation earphone and what You'll hear is Angels singing in your ears

A friend used my phone And earphone to listen to music and he confessed that his life has never remained the same

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by LeoFish92(m): 4:01pm On Dec 07, 2017
Kelklein:
Your first and last point tho..

Rooting does not reset phone to factory setting.
That's a fallacy

These days.. you don't need to be a techwiz to root your phone.. Just install any of the rooting app like Kingroot.. Run the app and there you are

It either roots your phone or fails to root.. No harm done to your phone.

The only reason I root my phone back in the days was to get more control of my RAM.. But now with a 4Gb RAM phone...rooting is just a waste of time..I agree with the poster above.

How do u go about getting more control of your Ram?

I use 1GB ram and it's quite frustrating
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by mickyeddi(m): 4:53pm On Dec 07, 2017
LeoFish92:

Bros u are there, that viper4android is a beast, combine it with infinix Xe-02 noise cancellation earphone and what You'll hear is Angels singing in your ears

A friend used my phone And earphone to listen to music and he confessed that his life has never remained the same

What Viper4Android does to my sony bluetooth earphones gives me eargasm.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 07, 2017
LeoFish92:

I'm into tech but turning of hot 2 into 4? How possible?

I'm using hot 3 and I'll very much love to tamper with it grin
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by EEZe(m): 7:33pm On Dec 07, 2017
a rooted phone is like a hacking instrument
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by hibee14eve(m): 7:45pm On Dec 07, 2017
calddon:
Droid newbies shouldn't root, There is no joy from it........ But to power users, rooting means mobile life. Cant imagine not rooting my android phone.... Is it an iphone?

wetin u dey talk? dem no dey jailbreak iphone?
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by calddon(m): 9:12pm On Dec 07, 2017
hibee14eve:

wetin u dey talk? dem no dey jailbreak iphone?
A jail broken iPhone isn't d same as a rooted Droid
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by jesbu(m): 10:40pm On Dec 07, 2017
LukeLook:
Will rooting allow me to install apps directly on my sd memory card?!
YES
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by LukeLook: 4:04pm On Dec 08, 2017
jesbu:

YES
Then, that to me will be the major advantage
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone by jimbson: 5:11pm On Dec 08, 2017
HERSLEY:
Rooting is for tecno users....u cant buy a high end and decide to root it

High end or no high end .. me after 1 week of using any android phone I opt to rooting.. Its sha fun for me playing with system files and understanding the system blocks ... that's me sha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Android Phone With Long Lasting Battery Life 6000mah + / Photos From TECNO 21st Century Woman Seminar Held At Unilag / What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.