Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,407 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry (4316 Views)

I Bleed During Sex / I Took Abortion Drug, But Didn't Bleed, Am I Still Pregnant? / Benefits Of Early Morning Sex By UNILORIN Professor, Musa Yakubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by IANAGI(m): 7:18pm On Dec 05, 2017
We were discussing about females virginity yesterday and someone was like the only way to know if a girl is a virgin or not is that it's a must every girl bleeds during her first sex and am sure majority have same mindset but this is wrong.. Bleeding doesn't determine if a girl is a virgin or not so I decided to release this article to help educate our young men and women on this issue of girls bleeding during first sex...
THE MYTH ABOUT FEMALE VIRGINITY -why most women won't bleed the first time they have sex.
There's a very common myth in South and Central Asia (Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Afghanistan etc.) and Africa (Nigeria and many other nations ) that you can tell if a woman is a virgin, by whether or not she bleeds the first time she has sex. There is zero truth in this. Not all women bleed the first time they have sex, as I'll explain in this post. To understand why some women bleed and some don't, it's very important to understand what the hymen is. The hymen is a membrane that tends to cover part of the vaginal opening (it does not always block or cover the entire vagina, as some people mistakenly think). NOT ALL WOMEN HAVE A HYMEN. The hymen also differs from woman to woman - like all women have different heights and weights and features, all women also have different amounts and types of hymen. Some women have thick hymens, some have very thin hymens, and some women have NO hymens at all. Some women have larger hymens, some women naturally have a very little amount of hymen that covers only a small portion of their vaginal opening (and hence does not really get in the way, during first-time sex). In addition to this, the hymen wears away on its own as you grow up. For most women, the hymen wears away on its own with exercise, bicycling, horseback riding -it can wear off with pretty much any other physical activity, even dancing! - or from using tampons when menstruating. Especially if the hymen is very small or thin, most of it tends to wear away on its own as a girl grows up. If a woman is born WITHOUT a hymen, she won't bleed the first time she has sex. If a woman has a small or thin hymen, she might not bleed the first time she has sex. If a woman's hymen has worn away on its own (which is very common as girls grow up), she won't bleed the first time she has sex. The result is that the overwhelming majority -at least 63% of women - will NOT bleed the first time they have sex, according to a study published by the British Medical Journal. Women who do bleed include: - Women with thick hymens (who constitute a small percentage of the population) - Younger girls. Because the hymen wears away on its own with time, a 16-year old has a higher chance of bleeding than a 25-year old. By the time a girl is of or above the legal age of consent - 18, 20, 24 years of age, for example - most of her hymen is likely to have worn away on its own, meaning it's unlikely that she'll bleed a lot, if at all. However, even a young girl can be physically active, have a thin or small hymen, or have no hymen at all, meaning she might not bleed during first-time sex. - Most often, women who bleed tend to be women who are dealt with roughly during sex. If the guy forces himself inside the girl, when she isn't ready, relaxed or aroused enough, he is likely to cause injury or bleeding. Because most people think it's normal for women to bleed the first time they have sex, they don't realize that this bleeding is a result of the woman having been hurt, and not of the hymen 'breaking.' Painful first-time sex is generally because the woman is not relaxed or aroused enough, and gets hurt as a result; it is rarely ever because of the hymen breaking. The bottom line is that there is no way to assess female virginity. Bleeding does not have anything to do with virginity - it has to do with the kind of hymen a girl has, and hymens differ from girl to girl from birth. The result is that only a small percentage of women bleed the first time! (Only 37% bleed during first-time sex, according to the study published in the British Medical Journal.) Why is this so important to be aware of? Women all over the world get abused, injured and even killed due to the myth of 'virgin bleeding.' Because most people (men AND women) think that bleeding is a sign of virginity, women who don't bleed the first time have been divorced, suffered from suspicion leading to domestic violence and abuse, and even killed for honour. Educating people that a girl does not necessarily have to bleed the first time she has sex - because not all girls have thick hymens, and some are born with no hymen at all - is important because it can literally save lives. .
P.S: I understand that not everyone is able to share material like this, even if they want to. However, the only way we can educate people regarding this issue is if it goes into the news feeds of as many people as possible, if as many people as possible read it. So please consider sharing. If you can't share, please like, leave a comment or forward it to your friends. We have to make content like this visible to increase it reach, to educate people and to have impact on lives.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by Jochabed(f): 7:24pm On Dec 05, 2017
Thanks Doc,you just increased my knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 05, 2017
Pounded enough....ive never seen blood o!

1 Like

Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by mazimee(m): 7:28pm On Dec 05, 2017
I never knew some women don't even have the lengendary hymen.
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by IANAGI(m): 7:50pm On Dec 05, 2017
cummando:
Pounded enough....ive never seen blood o!
lol keep pounding..... u will probably see one day
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by IANAGI(m): 7:52pm On Dec 05, 2017
mazimee:
I am also just knowing about this so i said let me share grin
mazimee:
I am also just knowing about this so i said let me share
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by IANAGI(m): 7:53pm On Dec 05, 2017
Jochabed:
you are welcome bt am no doc i just copied and pasted stuff.
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by ReorxTohGan(m): 7:54pm On Dec 05, 2017
Jochabed:
hope u sha kno that,u didnt see blood dosent mean u stil a virgin ma!!!
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by ReorxTohGan(m): 7:55pm On Dec 05, 2017
Jochabed:
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by gozzlin: 8:01pm On Dec 05, 2017
undecided Story.
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 05, 2017
IANAGI:
lol keep pounding..... u will probably see one day
For Lagos? Impossible. Na Lagos Ibadan express road full everywhere now
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by IANAGI(m): 3:25am On Dec 06, 2017
cummando:

For Lagos? Impossible. Na Lagos Ibadan express road full everywhere now
Lol number 4

1 Like

Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by Jochabed(f): 6:26am On Dec 06, 2017
ReorxTohGan:
hahaha,not even married.
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by Jochabed(f): 6:27am On Dec 06, 2017
IANAGI:
you are welcome bt am no doc i just copied and pasted stuff.
ok
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by IANAGI(m): 12:55pm On Dec 06, 2017
Jochabed:
hahaha,not even married.

Good to know u are one of those ladies who would keep their virginity till they get married... That is if I am understanding ur statement correctly.
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by Jochabed(f): 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2017
IANAGI:

Good to know u are one of those ladies who would keep their virginity till they get married... That is if I am understanding ur statement correctly.
Huh why won't i keep my virginity? I can't start what i can't stop! so i'd rather start with my husband at the right time.
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by IANAGI(m): 1:04pm On Dec 06, 2017
Jochabed:
Huh why won't i keep my virginity? I can't start what i can't stop! so i'd rather start with my husband at the right time.

Interesting nice one... May the good lord see you through all temptation.
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by Jochabed(f): 1:09pm On Dec 06, 2017
IANAGI:

Interesting nice one... May the good lord see you through all temptation.
AMEN!!!!
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by IANAGI(m): 6:36pm On Dec 06, 2017
grin
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by IANAGI(m): 6:28am On Dec 07, 2017
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by IANAGI(m): 10:58pm On Mar 25, 2019
Jochabed:

Yes madam this is 2019. ARE U STILL A VIRGIN?
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 27, 2019
IANAGI:
We were discussing about females virginity yesterday and someone was like the only way to know if a girl is a virgin or not is that it's a must every girl bleeds during her first sex and am sure majority have same mindset but this is wrong.. Bleeding doesn't determine if a girl is a virgin or not so I decided to release this article to help educate our young men and women on this issue of girls bleeding during first sex...
THE MYTH ABOUT FEMALE VIRGINITY -why most women won't bleed the first time they have sex.
There's a very common myth in South and Central Asia (Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Afghanistan etc.) and Africa (Nigeria and many other nations ) that you can tell if a woman is a virgin, by whether or not she bleeds the first time she has sex. There is zero truth in this. Not all women bleed the first time they have sex, as I'll explain in this post. To understand why some women bleed and some don't, it's very important to understand what the hymen is. The hymen is a membrane that tends to cover part of the vaginal opening (it does not always block or cover the entire vagina, as some people mistakenly think). NOT ALL WOMEN HAVE A HYMEN. The hymen also differs from woman to woman - like all women have different heights and weights and features, all women also have different amounts and types of hymen. Some women have thick hymens, some have very thin hymens, and some women have NO hymens at all. Some women have larger hymens, some women naturally have a very little amount of hymen that covers only a small portion of their vaginal opening (and hence does not really get in the way, during first-time sex). In addition to this, the hymen wears away on its own as you grow up. For most women, the hymen wears away on its own with exercise, bicycling, horseback riding -it can wear off with pretty much any other physical activity, even dancing! - or from using tampons when menstruating. Especially if the hymen is very small or thin, most of it tends to wear away on its own as a girl grows up. If a woman is born WITHOUT a hymen, she won't bleed the first time she has sex. If a woman has a small or thin hymen, she might not bleed the first time she has sex. If a woman's hymen has worn away on its own (which is very common as girls grow up), she won't bleed the first time she has sex. The result is that the overwhelming majority -at least 63% of women - will NOT bleed the first time they have sex, according to a study published by the British Medical Journal. Women who do bleed include: - Women with thick hymens (who constitute a small percentage of the population) - Younger girls. Because the hymen wears away on its own with time, a 16-year old has a higher chance of bleeding than a 25-year old. By the time a girl is of or above the legal age of consent - 18, 20, 24 years of age, for example - most of her hymen is likely to have worn away on its own, meaning it's unlikely that she'll bleed a lot, if at all. However, even a young girl can be physically active, have a thin or small hymen, or have no hymen at all, meaning she might not bleed during first-time sex. - Most often, women who bleed tend to be women who are dealt with roughly during sex. If the guy forces himself inside the girl, when she isn't ready, relaxed or aroused enough, he is likely to cause injury or bleeding. Because most people think it's normal for women to bleed the first time they have sex, they don't realize that this bleeding is a result of the woman having been hurt, and not of the hymen 'breaking.' Painful first-time sex is generally because the woman is not relaxed or aroused enough, and gets hurt as a result; it is rarely ever because of the hymen breaking. The bottom line is that there is no way to assess female virginity. Bleeding does not have anything to do with virginity - it has to do with the kind of hymen a girl has, and hymens differ from girl to girl from birth. The result is that only a small percentage of women bleed the first time! (Only 37% bleed during first-time sex, according to the study published in the British Medical Journal.) Why is this so important to be aware of? Women all over the world get abused, injured and even killed due to the myth of 'virgin bleeding.' Because most people (men AND women) think that bleeding is a sign of virginity, women who don't bleed the first time have been divorced, suffered from suspicion leading to domestic violence and abuse, and even killed for honour. Educating people that a girl does not necessarily have to bleed the first time she has sex - because not all girls have thick hymens, and some are born with no hymen at all - is important because it can literally save lives. .
P.S: I understand that not everyone is able to share material like this, even if they want to. However, the only way we can educate people regarding this issue is if it goes into the news feeds of as many people as possible, if as many people as possible read it. So please consider sharing. If you can't share, please like, leave a comment or forward it to your friends. We have to make content like this visible to increase it reach, to educate people and to have impact on lives.
Hi doc.
I had unprotected sex with my neighbor 2 weeks ago but i withdrew my penis before ejaculation. What are my chances of contracting STI, eg HIV. I am kinda worried.
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by IANAGI(m): 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2019
risingrainboll:

Hi doc.
I had unprotected sex with my neighbor 2 weeks ago but i withdrew my penis before ejaculation. What are my chances of contracting STI, eg HIV. I am kinda worried.

I am no Doc, but I think as for STI's u should go to any credible lab and ask to have a urine MCS de test shouldn't be more than 3k. As for HIV after 3 months u can have a test.

Ur chances of contracting any of the above should be 50/50 since we don't know ur neighbors status.
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 27, 2019
IANAGI:

I am no Doc, but I think as for STI's u should go to any credible lab and ask to have a urine MCS de test shouldn't be more than 3k. As for HIV after 3 months u can have a test.

Ur chances of contracting any of the above should be 50/50 since we don't know ur neighbors status.

Thanks alot. I am currently on PEP though. Was considering stopping it because of the side effect of the med.
I think i need to see a doc for more clarification.
Thanks alot
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by IANAGI(m): 9:34pm On Mar 27, 2019
risingrainboll:

Thanks alot. I am currently on PEP though. Was considering stopping it because of the side effect of the med.
I think i need to see a doc for more clarification.
Thanks alot

U welcome bro... Totally forgot about PEP it's good u went for it..... But geez bro u really suspect ur neighbor sha. Does she show any sign of having any of those or u jst paranoid.
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 28, 2019
IANAGI:

U welcome bro... Totally forgot about PEP it's good u went for it..... But geez bro u really suspect ur neighbor sha. Does she show any sign of having any of those or u jst paranoid.
None of those. i am just scared.
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by IANAGI(m): 11:15am On Mar 28, 2019
risingrainboll:

None of those. i am just scared.

Alright all de best
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by freemanbubble: 11:43am On Mar 28, 2019
Okay
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by freemanbubble: 11:52am On Mar 28, 2019
risingrainboll:

Hi doc.

You just can't get hiv so easily like that

You get hiv easily only when you have any other untreated sexually transmitted infections especially syphillis

Even if you fuckkk an hiv infected woman more than five times
Still you won't get it provided you don't have other sexual infection especially syphillis

If people get hiv easily then the whole world would have been infected already bros
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by Jochabed(f): 9:26am On Apr 04, 2019
Why not
IANAGI:

Yes madam this is 2019. ARE U STILL A VIRGIN?
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by IANAGI(m): 9:11pm On Apr 04, 2019
Jochabed:
Why not

Wow ���� u've done well..... If u are lying u're on ur own sha.... Anyways nice one.
Re: Why Some Virgins Don't Bleed during 1st sex By: Dr. Oyebade Obalola Jerry by IANAGI(m): 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2020
Jochabed:
Why not

Yes madam it's 2020 are you married or still a virgin?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yar’adua Approves New Pay Scale For Doctors / Where Can I Buy Kombucha Tea In Nigeria? / COVID-19 Update For May 7 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.