Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Answers To Commonly Asked Questions As Regards Electricity. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Answers To Commonly Asked Questions As Regards Electricity. (476 Views)

5 Ethical Questions As Lecturer Weds His Student / Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? / 21 Most Commonly Confused Words In English Language. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Answers To Commonly Asked Questions As Regards Electricity. by jaete054: 8:39am On Dec 06, 2017
Hello everyone, as a follow up on my last post, this post is directed towards shedding a good light as to questions that bug us about electricity in our areas.
1.Why can't we have 24hrs light?
At the moment, this is a practically impossible feet as long as you are connected to the national grid. This is because the amount of electricity generated in the country as of today is not enough to serve the whole population. As a result of this, the quantity generated is shared amongst all discos(distribution companies) across the country. Until such a time that the amount of Electricity generated is enough to serve the country's population, we are stuck with 3-6-9-12hrs of light per day, depending on how viable an area is.
2.Why do I keep on getting estimated bills?
This is an issue i'm sure is very irritable as no one likes to pay much more than he's suppose to for services rendered. The reality to the issue is that this affects customers registered on the network that do not have meters in their premises, or have meters but are not functioning. At the moment, without any means by which the power usage in a premises that falls into this category can be measured, after customer's who have functioning meters have been billed accurately, the remaining amount of money due is shared amongst every unmetered customer in the area. Yes, I know this is not the best way to go about it, but then the reason is this. Like the term "Credit Meter"implies, the power used in a month of January is actually used on credit and is only made available because it has already been paid for by the respective discos available in your locality. You are then billed at the beginning of February, for the power you used during the month of January. (take a min and let that sink in for betr understanding.)
Now i'm sure we all understand that no one is willing to make a loss on their business, hence the companies have to find a way to balance its account and hence every one that falls into a certain tariff classification is billed equally. Hopefully, in the near future a better way of handling such issues will come up, but at the moment, this is the best way forward.
3. Why do I keep getting billed even after my premises has been disconnected?
Customers who tend to have issues like this are customers who have metering issues like their meter not working properly or have no meter at all in their premises. As a result of this, first of; there is no accurate way of telling that such customer would not reconnect himself and/or even know that the customer has even been disconnected. The remedy to this is to apply for "temporal closure" on your bill. This can be done in person or through the marketer's. My advice, do it yourself. After this is done the bill will stop coming fort until the premises is disconnected.
4. Why is the voltage in my house low?
This happens as a result of Load imbalance, simply put, the line on which you are connected in overloaded thereby causing the voltage to drop. The remedy to this is to call the attention of the nearest service centre in your area, so the technicians can put a handle on it

if there are other issues, I would answer them as best as possible.
Re: Answers To Commonly Asked Questions As Regards Electricity. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2017
Why is difficult to give prepaid metres?
Why are guys not consistent with the number of hours of electricity to household?
Why don't you compensate for hours lost?
Re: Answers To Commonly Asked Questions As Regards Electricity. by Hargbo(m): 12:49pm On Dec 19, 2017
Sir, is there any legal procedure for a Ibedc staff to follow before disconnection of power. E.g if a customer has an outstanding bill. Can Ibedc disconnect the light without any letter or notice of disconnection, because i have seen Ibedc appearing suddenly at people doorstep to disconnect light

(1) (Reply)

Final Year Electronic Project Construction For EEE, Comp Eng, Physic Etc / Jamb Scholarship Initiated By Jubilant Ambassadors Foundation / Advice For Fresher: 5 Best Ways You Can Avoid Carryovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.