Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Is It Wrong To Marry Your Best Friend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Marry Your Best Friend? (1875 Views)

Is It Wrong To Have Sex After Taking Holy Communion In Church Today? / When You Marry Your Landlord's Daughter Just To Avoid Rent(picture) / Don’t Marry Your Boyfriend If He Does These 4 Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Marry Your Best Friend? by dezzygal(f): 7:29pm On Mar 29, 2010
i am bn proposed to by ma bestfriend whom i hv known for the past 21yrs of ma life ,but the problem is dat i feel wat will hv is best if we remain friends,i feel things will get complicated if i say yes to him.but i feel very bad letting him go to another person,the truth is dat i am confused . plz nairalanders advice me on wat to do so i wont be making the greatest mistake of ma life.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Best Friend? by Enockia(m): 7:54pm On Mar 29, 2010
@ porter u took the question right out of mi mouth i av a similar problem. Please people tell us ur views on dis subject.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Best Friend? by selena(f): 4:57am On Mar 30, 2010
First of all,do you love him as a friend or more than a friend.If you love him as a friend,i believe you should stick to only being friends with him.But if you love him more than just a friend,i think you should accept his proposal.Follow your heart and i pray everything works out.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Best Friend? by SirDombo: 5:12am On Mar 30, 2010
your wife should be your best friend.
if your wife and your best friend are
2 different women then it's a problem
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Best Friend? by jaxxy(m): 7:53am On Mar 30, 2010
your best friend is d best person to love if grin theres a genuine attraction
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Best Friend? by agathamari(f): 10:39am On Mar 30, 2010
your husband/wife is supposed to be your best friend. whether he was your best friend for years befoe you started dating or became so while dating, again your spouse IS SUPPOSED TO BE YOUR BEST FRIEND!
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Best Friend? by Spyker: 10:56am On Mar 30, 2010
If my best friend was a girl, i would have been married a long time ago. Your best friend knows you in and out. He/She knows your secrets and i think the most successful marriages are those between best friends (i may be wrong).
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Best Friend? by pureminded: 11:05am On Mar 30, 2010
Nope
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Best Friend? by Badriyyah(f): 11:18am On Mar 30, 2010
LoL, Dezzy, I thought you're in a "long distance" relationship with a nigerian man??
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Best Friend? by HarryPotter1(m): 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2010
@op i would advice u to stick 2 him since u two hve known each other 4 a very long time,at least u now know his Do's and Dont.cos to me who matters in a marriage is the woman,she can destroy the family or help build it 2 a reputable one.so my dear if u want 2 marry him just go ahead but remember the power of a good marriage lays on the woman.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Best Friend? by sevule(m): 2:52pm On Mar 30, 2010
I believe a marriage is more than jut friendship. There should be a certain level of chemistry,lotta love and loads of friendship. You obviously have one of the qualities but do you guys have the other two qualities??If you only love him as a friend then please for your sake and his remain best friends.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Best Friend? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 30, 2010
Marriage being successful depends on so many things besides friendship.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Best Friend? by dezzygal(f): 7:57pm On Mar 30, 2010
Badriyyah:

LoL, Dezzy, I thought you're in a "long distance" relationship with a nigerian man??
yeah i was but i felt it does not make any sense.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Best Friend? by TewMuch: 8:16pm On Mar 30, 2010
Its the ideal and best situation actually. That is if you love the person like that. Sometimes we have best friends that we see as brother's and cannot imagine having sex with them grin. But in marriage situations, the love will face; beauty will also fade but the friendship will keep you guys going. Being in love with your bestfriend also makes the relationship solid, because you guys trust each other so much. To me it is the best thing you can do for yourself, when choosing a spouse.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Best Friend? by Liss: 9:19pm On Mar 30, 2010
It is not wrong to marry your best friend. More like very right to marry your best friend! Cos you guys would be compatible. But that is if you have a chemistry going between you two.

You already said you are reluctant to let him go to another girl, so I guess you might be feeling something other than friendship for him. So ask your self this few questions:
- How does he really make you feel?
- Have your fantasies ever included him?
- If he had a girlfriend would you still be best friends or would you "hate" him for having a girl besides you?
- Do you feel secured with him? i.e. your secrets are safe with him, his level of maturity, his way of life etc

Trust me, you would be more comfortable/happy with him than with any other guy, so you might wanna give it a try.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

ABC / Can You Date A Disabled Person? / I Got Married To Someone Who Has Married Before-can I Divorce Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.