Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,766 members, 7,802,343 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (50758 Views)

Two Nigerian Pastors Use Same Woman For Same Miracle / Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Phonefanatic: 2:17pm On Dec 06, 2017
zealous2121:
Is there a way for daddy freeze and other anti tithe fools to see this?? They need to know the importance of this things...this pastors won't come to tell u they gave this out, they donated this and that to the poor..there are so many charity works this churches engage in...but if they start stating them out, it will then be seen as bragging ...and it then have no value in God eyes....is this article not enough to shut daddy freeze and others devil agent??

From all he listed God doesn't come down to consume the money like pastors make us believe. TB joushua said you should ease the Church from so much work by doing those things directly than bring tithe for churches to do that.

It also vindicate the point that you can help the poor or bless them with your tithe if you so wish.
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Jaykolo10(m): 2:18pm On Dec 06, 2017
So now pastors byuing pj Now it S a sin or what me am not understanding oo

Btw judge not so you won't be judged... so all of you seeing and saying it pointing out the sinners weldone oo continue yours is still coming....
plus na only naija we fit dey here all this kind shit no wonder we can't move forward here in Nigeria
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by felixomor: 2:18pm On Dec 06, 2017
dejavubobo1:
The issue isn't wat the tithe ll be or should be used for. it's d justification of the word tithe in the church. Did Jesus pay tithe No, Did Jesus pay tax Yes. Lev money & wealth evaluators to tax bodies for the welfarism of the country. collection of money is not the ultimate goal of the church. Jesus asked his desciples whose head is on the coin they replied "Caesar" & he said give unto Caesar wat belongs to Him & give God ur hrt. Meaning God doesn't need ur money to bless U. He works with ur hrt.
I hope you wont get married
because Jesus didnt get married also

1 Like

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by 2buffagain(m): 2:18pm On Dec 06, 2017
DLondonboiy:
Why can't we help the poor ourselves...? Why must we give it to some pastors?

This is the kind of people Jesus called GOAT in the bible...

Are you?
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Habyz(m): 2:19pm On Dec 06, 2017
RIPEnglish:
I am tire of these tithe issues, let slept dogs lie please.
May the gentle soul of English Rest In Peace.
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Meritocracy: 2:20pm On Dec 06, 2017
Pastors defender, meanwhile it's not how the tithe was spent but is tithe biblical
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Bustincole(m): 2:20pm On Dec 06, 2017
Corruption start from sumwhere

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 06, 2017
jrusky:

I thiink we have heard enough of this tithe stuffs and should be put to rest by now.

It's Christian thing and belief and it's stated in the bible and if they chose to observed it so be it in as much it does not interfere with other religion belief .

Tithe is good but the way the so called clergy men goes about is totally wrong. To my understanding tithe is personal and not what any clergy men should brutally enforced as it's seen in today's churches especially the Pentecostal churches the leader of these churches live a large life and very arrogant life style while the tithers are dying in abject poverty which brought about the Lebanese idiot fuming as usual. Naturally dady iceblock annoys me like mad because he is a big fool with basket mouth but on this case he make little sense and he must be corrected by so called clergy men to clear dady iceblock question but reverse was the case because the clergy men knew they have lost their glory to money and are just being seen as Pentecostal robbers or altar robbers.

Bible says in Malachi to pay tithe so you can be bless it did not say pastor or priest or GO can be bless but in this current development in Pentecostal churches if you pay tithe you become poorer and the *collector* is on private jet which indicate you have just paid to devil and not God because if you pay to God He must fulfil his blessing promise but if you pay it under wrong annointing surely it's devil you have paid it to. Theseclergy men knew themselves and know who they are actually serving majority of them are not with God but with
*homage takers* those involved will understand the meaning of homage takers.

God bless.

But i did not say anything and u quote me, nawa ooo
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 06, 2017
dainformant:
While the issue of tithing appears to be causing ripples and division among Nigerians, an investigative journalist and writer, Femi Owolabi, has come to the defence of some pastors and what they do with the tithes and offerings they get from the church.

Femi Owolabi took to his Facebook account to speak on the trending issue. Below is what he posted...

I live around Yaba area of Lagos. From Sabo down to Iwaya, you see boreholes donated by Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, MFM.

Many months ago, I was working on a report and I needed to carry out some laboratory tests. When I got to University of Lagos' Chemical Engineering lab, I was directed to the university's central lab which I gathered is the largest and most equipped. Entering, I saw that the lab was donated by Daniel Olukoya, founder of MFM who is actually an alumnus of the school.

As much as the leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, embarrasses itself on the pages of newspaper, CAN runs one of the largest displaced persons camps in the northeast. For three years that I have been mobilizing relief materials for displaced persons in the northeast, aside individuals and a few NGOs, Christian organizations have been a larger donor of relief materials. My phone would ring, and the caller goes, "I am Pastor JJ. We have bags of cloths, please how do we get these to the displaced persons in the northeast?"

Charis Family Church, in 2015, opened its facility as a collection center for relief materials. The pastor, Bayo Adeyinka, and a team raised almost a million naira to sort logistics.

Just yesterday, another pastor whose church's team once gave me bags of relief materials for IDPs, told me they have 33k left in the account, and he asked what this can sort for the IDPs. He also wants us to meet this week so he can drop with me, bags of relief materials.

A man reached out to me many months ago. He needed information on how he can move 1000 cartons of flour (or wheat?) from Lagos to any of the IDPs camps in the northeast. I did a check on the man, he is a pastor.

In Lagos here, the Catholic Mission and a couple of other missionary hospitals are always on medical outreach to the IDPs.

I understand there is an ongoing debate on whether or not paying tithe is a Christian practice. Sincerely, those arguing against come with strong points. And sadly, responses from Daddy GO and others are so weak, far from convincing.

Get it right, it is the duty of Lagos Water Board to provide water for Lagosians, but MFM now shares in this responsibility. It is the duty of NEMA and the Refugees' Commission to attend to the victims of insurgency, but CAN and a couple of other Christian organizations share largely in this.

So, above all, if I am paying tithe or giving church my money, I do so because of some of these things I have mentioned in this post

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/12/journalist-femi-owolabi-speaks-on-the-issue-of-tithes-and-offerings.html

Paid writers grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 06, 2017
PaChukwudi44:
the discussion is not just about what they do with tithes but rather the legality of Christian tithing in the first place

You don't pay tithe. What's your concern?

1 Like

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by rejosom(m): 2:21pm On Dec 06, 2017
PaChukwudi44:
the discussion is not just about what they do with tithes but rather the legality of Christian tithing in the first place

The legality of Christian tithing and of course the Fraud in tithe demand. The bible clearly says that tithe should be on your increase (abundance) not on salaries Your salary is not increase. Criminals everywhere.
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Keneeby(m): 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Lol...Mr Devils advocate, you fail to mention that all these churches have welfare units too and the welfare units are funded by members themselves and not from church tithes.
The MFM instance you gave, the borehole must have been built by tasking members to contribute specially for it. Christ Embassy have a unit they call Inner City that does these charity works; Guess who funds Inner city? Church members who are called partners. So when you see any charity work from such a church, it is not from the tithes but from extra donations from members.

For those saying that no pastor forces people to tithe, you are joking. Most churches don't wed you if your tithe record is not up to date. Have you forgoten how Adeboye was boldly declaring last year that you are not a christian if you don't pay tithe. Now that the truth is coming out, the pastors are gradually retreating their earlier stance and making it sound like a freewill donation.

Which truth are you talking about? Truth from the scriptures or from someone imagination.
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by cstr1000: 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2017
hermosa7:

You won't believe it if I tell you Pastor Kumuyi does not have a single property in his name. The house he lives in is inside the church premises. He was almost forced before he allowed his two sons to be trained abroad. This man uses the same wrist watch for many years and lives a frugal life. This is Christianity. Unfortunately, the fake pastors - who are many and take up headlines all the time - have corrupted the minds of many people and made them hate everything Christianity. They also give atheists and the likes things to chew.
It is just sad.

All the great apostles had nothing much to their name.

Don't they have the holyspirit or know the scripture to make them prosperous?

Who today is more anointed than Paul or peter?

If Wealth is based on how much of the scripture , Rhema and holyspirit we have like they say nowadays , surely paul and peter should be unprecedented multi-billionaires.

If it was based on how much giving we make, surely paul gave more than most- He gave so much in kind and cash procured from his menial job as a tent-maker. He gave till he could give no more.
He even gave his life for the Gospel. And yet he died physically poor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Hedonistically: 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2017
Save the long story.

What if I decide to do these charitable deeds by myself, thus cutting out the agency and middleman wastages incurred by handing the money to pastors? What if I DIRECTLY use 10% of my income to build boreholes and donate relief materials to IDPs.... Or to do whatever charity work my 10% can afford, to touch a life or two? Would that deprive me of the so-called "blessings" (scoffs) associated with tithing according to these mercantile pastors? Must I give my money to these characters in order for them to thereafter do the unaccountable so-called charity work by themselves?

2 Likes

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Desyner: 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2017
donstan18:

Your life changed when God wanted it to, you can't bribe God,

Don't be deceived!
It always appear that way in the physical but isn't. Tithe works.
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by mickeymimi: 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2017
You have to listen to this Message > Recording of Dr.Sunday Adelaja's messages on Tithes Sunday Program of Daddy Freeze - CoolFM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGkoAeBP6uc
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 06, 2017
dainformant:
While the issue of tithing appears to be causing ripples and division among Nigerians, an investigative journalist and writer, Femi Owolabi, has come to the defence of some pastors and what they do with the tithes and offerings they get from the church.

Femi Owolabi took to his Facebook account to speak on the trending issue. Below is what he posted...

I live around Yaba area of Lagos. From Sabo down to Iwaya, you see boreholes donated by Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, MFM.

Many months ago, I was working on a report and I needed to carry out some laboratory tests. When I got to University of Lagos' Chemical Engineering lab, I was directed to the university's central lab which I gathered is the largest and most equipped. Entering, I saw that the lab was donated by Daniel Olukoya, founder of MFM who is actually an alumnus of the school.

As much as the leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, embarrasses itself on the pages of newspaper, CAN runs one of the largest displaced persons camps in the northeast. For three years that I have been mobilizing relief materials for displaced persons in the northeast, aside individuals and a few NGOs, Christian organizations have been a larger donor of relief materials. My phone would ring, and the caller goes, "I am Pastor JJ. We have bags of cloths, please how do we get these to the displaced persons in the northeast?"

Charis Family Church, in 2015, opened its facility as a collection center for relief materials. The pastor, Bayo Adeyinka, and a team raised almost a million naira to sort logistics.

Just yesterday, another pastor whose church's team once gave me bags of relief materials for IDPs, told me they have 33k left in the account, and he asked what this can sort for the IDPs. He also wants us to meet this week so he can drop with me, bags of relief materials.

A man reached out to me many months ago. He needed information on how he can move 1000 cartons of flour (or wheat?) from Lagos to any of the IDPs camps in the northeast. I did a check on the man, he is a pastor.

In Lagos here, the Catholic Mission and a couple of other missionary hospitals are always on medical outreach to the IDPs.

I understand there is an ongoing debate on whether or not paying tithe is a Christian practice. Sincerely, those arguing against come with strong points. And sadly, responses from Daddy GO and others are so weak, far from convincing.

Get it right, it is the duty of Lagos Water Board to provide water for Lagosians, but MFM now shares in this responsibility. It is the duty of NEMA and the Refugees' Commission to attend to the victims of insurgency, but CAN and a couple of other Christian organizations share largely in this.

So, above all, if I am paying tithe or giving church my money, I do so because of some of these things I have mentioned in this post

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/12/journalist-femi-owolabi-speaks-on-the-issue-of-tithes-and-offerings.html
freeze na badt guy ooo grin grin
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 06, 2017
DLondonboiy:

You are the GOAT and the reason is this: Goats are greedy and don't give to no one. He is a sheep...they are sheepish and wise.
pauljumbo:
My life Changed when I start paying tithe
Anything pastors like let them do with the tithe
My own is to obey by paying my tithe and blessed

I don't oau tithe, I don't go to church and yet my God has been blessing me uncontrollably.
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by MNDY(m): 2:24pm On Dec 06, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

Pls kindly provide scripture verse(s) to back up whichever side you belong.
-
More so, if not Biblically, pls present your argument from any other angle with very convincing details.
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 06, 2017
donstan18:

Your life changed when God wanted it to, you can't bribe God,

Don't be deceived!

That's a lie. Your life change WHEN you turn to obedience.
Scripture says: IF they obey and serve Him, they shall eat the good of the land.

What's your own point?
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by RockyEyo(m): 2:26pm On Dec 06, 2017
Malachi 3:8-12
8 “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. “But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’ “In tithes and offerings.

9 You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me.

10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the LORD Almighty.

12 “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the LORD Almighty.

>>>> and somebody will say ...........

Leave me lemme be the sheeple
is it your sheeple?? angry
All this tithe talk
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 06, 2017
Evablizin:
shocked

Wow nice post with good points.

Some churches and ministers are working with the money raised through tithes and offerings without making noise,God will bless them.

The job of the church is not to build 1 bedroom hospitals. It's very stupid for a church to ignore the widows, Orphans, Fatherless, Motherless, etc and jump into donating 1 room hospital.

Jesus never collected Tithe for once in the Bible.

Yet useless thieving men of god will claim that they are living a ""Christ like life'" but wen it's time ri live like Christ, they look at another direction.

1 Like

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by showghan(m): 2:27pm On Dec 06, 2017
Abeg wetin dem dey talk for this post... I no gree read am because e too long

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 06, 2017
pauljumbo:
My life Changed when I start paying tithe
Anything pastors like let them do with the tithe
My own is to obey by paying my tithe and blessed

And you think paying tithe and fornication you are blessed. smh
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 06, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Lol...Mr Devils advocate, you fail to mention that all these churches have welfare units too and the welfare units are funded by members themselves and not from church tithes.
The MFM instance you gave, the borehole must have been built by tasking members to contribute specially for it. Christ Embassy have a unit they call Inner City that does these charity works; Guess who funds Inner city? Church members who are called partners. So when you see any charity work from such a church, it is not from the tithes but from extra donations from members.

For those saying that no pastor forces people to tithe, you are joking. Most churches don't wed you if your tithe record is not up to date. Have you forgoten how Adeboye was boldly declaring last year that you are not a christian if you don't pay tithe. Now that the truth is coming out, the pastors are gradually retreating their earlier stance and making it sound like a freewill donation.

You sound like an anti Christ but you know, it's all waste of time.
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Phonefanatic: 2:28pm On Dec 06, 2017
RockyEyo:
Malachi 3:8-12
8 “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. “But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’ “In tithes and offerings.

9 You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me.

10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the LORD Almighty.

12 “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the LORD Almighty.

>>>> and somebody will say ...........

Leave me lemme be the sheeple
is it your sheeple?? angry
All this tithe talk

Until you explain to me how your tithe and offerings gets to God in cash.
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by thunderbabs: 2:29pm On Dec 06, 2017
Everybody, lemme hear u say... Hun hun hunn!!!!!!!!! cheesy halleluyah...
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by sniperr007(m): 2:29pm On Dec 06, 2017
Not surprised about mfm doing that. After all the pastors uses the tithe on the church members with talent in music etc.

My issue with this tithing thing is that pastors preach and sync tithing to God's blessing. That's only when u tithe that God blesses.
My opinion, its false teaching.

Laws of nature says that ones u give, u will receive. To me, you tithe for the love of god and man
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by bughead: 2:30pm On Dec 06, 2017
DLondonboiy:

21 SAVAGE!

Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 06, 2017
Very well stated
Re: Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" by pezeji(m): 2:31pm On Dec 06, 2017
spongeisback:
Pentecostal churches are just like king Saul. Obedience is better than sacrifice. The rules have been laid down i.e what tithe should be paid with, who to pay tithe and when to pay, why're you people disobeying your god?
my God get big letter not small g

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome At 9 Years, After His First Miracle Crusade (Throwback) / Conditions For Marriage In Mountain Of Fire Ministries (pics) / Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.