Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,567 members, 7,801,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

A Mommy For Christmas - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Mommy For Christmas (9053 Views)

Mommy's Big Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Mommy For Christmas by martiegold(f): 1:01pm On Dec 06, 2017
Hi folks on nairaland, this is a new story that's brewing in my head. Please read and leave a comment as this is my very first story. thanks and God bless u.

Dear Santa, thanks for the beautiful red bicycle you sent last Christmas and for the nice red glass frames you got for Mia, we loved it. I took really good care of my bicycle and Mia took care of her glass frames and I'm really glad to tell u that they are still in perfect shape.
Santa, I've been a really good girl this year except for when I fed peaches hot dog against my dad's order.
I wash my uniform thrice a week, I do my homework everyday, I wake up very early, I take care of my little sister and I obey my dad.
I hope that counts as being a good girl Santa?
My dad said we should ask for what we want for Christmas so u can work on it.
well,Mia doesn't want an organ and I don't want new vcd player Even though my current one is old and faulty. What we want for Christmas is a new mommy.
we want a mommy that smells nice and smile a lot like miss Catherine Mia's teacher , she could be tall or short, we really don't care. she should love dogs and little girls.
We promise to be good to her and not give her many troubles.
Thanks Santa
love from Maya and Mia and peaches.

She read the letter one last time and dropped it on her dad's table.
'Do u think Santa will grant us our wish?' 6 year old Mia asked her sister.
'Don't worry, Santa always grant the wishes of little children who are good' she replied.
'Let's go walk peaches, she's been indoor since morning, remember she is pregnant and needs so much love and care from us'.
' Alright Maya'

It was 3pm and their dad wasn't back from work so they had the house to themselves till he get back by 4pm. The last sitter they had was down with the flu, and their dad was yet to get another for them.
'we really need a mum so we won't always be alone while dad goes to work' Maya told her sister who replied with a thoughtful nod.
'Alright Mia, let's got back home because peaches looks tired already'
'OK Maya I am also tired'

Alright guys!! this is all I can put down for now. please please please and please read and drop a few words of encouragement. Muah...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by ftosino(m): 1:43pm On Dec 06, 2017
I Think Am Gon Love This. Nice Opening Ma'am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by ADUKKY(f): 1:47pm On Dec 06, 2017
Grabs a seat, let the party start now

1 Like

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by martiegold(f): 4:08pm On Dec 06, 2017
Gosh! he was so worn out and would give anything to have a massage.

He got down from his car and went inside the house and saw his children watching cartoon oblivious of his presence

'Hey kids' he hollered

'Daddy!' they both screamed and raced out to him.

'How are u angels'?

' fine dad' they both replied

'good, how was school today?'

' we had a reading competition in class today and I came first and miss Catherine said I read beautifully like a newscaster, daddy who is a newscaster ?' Mia said all in one breath
it still amazes him how she is always able to give a complete statement without taking a breath.
' a newscaster is a person who reads news on TV and u Maya, how was school?'

' school was fine, we have a new music teacher, she doesn't like smiling'

' Really? maybe she's a Grinch. alright girls, daddy had a stressful day, so, let me go take my bath and we'll see what we're going to have for dinner'.
' Dats cool dad'. Maya said. ' when u are done, u can check our Christmas list on ur study desk'

He smiled and turn to go have his bath. He had a guess what the Christmas list would include; a new portable DVD player for Maya, a dollhouse for Mia and a new leash for peaches the dog.
A MOMMY FOR CHRISTMAS

He couldn't believe his eyes, 'are this kids for real?' he asked himself. He was through with his bath and decided to read their Christmas wish only to find a letter to Santa asking for a mom. He wondered where they got such idea from, because this issue was done and dusted among them. He was overwhelmed.
He dropped the letter on the desk and went downstairs.

' Alright kids, let's go prepare dinner' he said when he found their attention was glued to the TV.
' But daddy, Dora is coming up in five minutes' Maya said with a look of pure horror on her face.

' I know, but if we don't prepare dinner, we all are going to starve to death here ' he also said with d same look on his face
' OK daddy, u win like always'.
No matter how stressful his day was, he always made sure his kids joined him in the kitchen no matter their protest. It was their own way of gisting and telling how their day went.
' My ladies, wat would you like to have for dinner'? he said with a mock bow towards them
' My lord, we would love to have spaghetti and sauce' Mia said giggling
' We had spaghetti last night ' Maya said obviously still sulking. ' Let's have yam and sauce'
' Is that OK by you princesses?' he asked Mia
' Yes daddy'
' Yam and sauce coming right away' .

'So, I read your letter to Santa, I'm sorry to disappoint you both but Santa can't send a mommy for Christmas so u would have to pick something else.' he told them while they were waiting for their food to be ready.
' But daddy, you said Santa will get us anything we wanted' Maya said.
' Santa doesn't have mom in stock. and whose idea was that by the way?
' We need a mom' Maya said with a sad expression.
'Sweetie, ur mom is in heaven watching over you and your sister'
' We want a mom on earth' Mia chipped in
he sighed, the discussion was getting too long
' OK, I will check in with Santa and see what he has in stock.'
' Really dad? you are the coolest dad on earth. Maya screamed.
' I want miss Catherine to be my new mom' Mia said with a low voice
' What did you say baby?' he asked her but she obviously wasn't going to repeat herself so he faced his first daughter ' What did Mia say?'
' She said she wants miss Catherine to be her new mom'
wow!
' And who is miss Catherine?'
' Her class teacher'
' And why would you want her to be your mom?'
' Because she smells like flower and she is always smiling and she says she loves me because I am special' Mia replied.
' Wow'
he was speechless, he never knew his kids needed a female company so bad. he thought the nanny were enough but obviously they weren't.
' Why do u both want a new mom?' he said breaking the silence that enveloped the kitchen
' because everyone does' Maya said
' I need a mom to make my hair for me and give me a back ride, and to sing me a lulaby when I cry' Mia said
'wow '
' Don't worry kids, I'll pay a visit to Santa and tender your request. let's check our yam.' he told them in a bid to close the topic that was beginning to make him remember his darling Vicky.

Six years without her haven't dampened the pain her departure left him in. He could remember d day she died like it was yesterday.
She died while giving birth to Mia.
it was a cloudy day for him.
He almost lost all hopes but when he looked at his two kids, he knew he had a reason to live and that have been his drive for six years. And now those kids want him to get a new mom to replace Vicky.

Can any woman ever replace her?
Can any woman ever make him feel again?
Can anyone take Vicky's place in his heart.
he wondered and knew his answer lies in his heart.

Thanks for reading, do drop a word of encouragement. God bless Muah...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by ftosino(m): 4:21pm On Dec 06, 2017
i dont know if it is your first story, but i dont fancy internet abbreviations like 'dat' in a story. anyways, keep it up, its a lovely story.

1 Like

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by martiegold(f): 4:29pm On Dec 06, 2017
Thanks ftosino I also try to avoid such abbreviations. will work on it

1 Like

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by Hantonia(f): 4:36pm On Dec 06, 2017
Nyc One Lve Keep It Cumin

1 Like

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by martiegold(f): 4:52pm On Dec 06, 2017
Hantonia:
Nyc One Lve Keep It Cumin
tnks mama
Re: A Mommy For Christmas by AryEmber(f): 5:16pm On Dec 06, 2017
This promises to be fun, I'm definitely reading this.Thank you for starting this, God knows I need a good read. Please, don't starve us with updates

2 Likes

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by EvaJael(f): 5:30pm On Dec 06, 2017
Awwwwnnn come and get a hug martiegold

1 Like

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by rayvelez(m): 5:42pm On Dec 06, 2017
This is sure to be good.

1 Like

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by martiegold(f): 6:42pm On Dec 06, 2017
EvaJael:
Awwwwnnn come and get a hug martiegold
wow! one of my favorite writer on nairaland is here.
dancing
welcome Evajael

1 Like

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by EvaJael(f): 11:13pm On Dec 06, 2017
martiegold:

wow! one of my favorite writer on nairaland is here.
dancing
welcome Evajael
She loves me too. Everybody comman hear o. My head e don swell o. Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by Pearl05(f): 11:14pm On Dec 06, 2017
This is fresh and hot. I'm parking here.

Cbella, Gloryejims, pinkfeet, oly0511,purples25 come and enjoy.

1 Like

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by AndyGlobal: 11:40pm On Dec 06, 2017
I'm here too to join
Mek una make space for me
By d way your story is cool

1 Like

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by oly0511(f): 2:13am On Dec 07, 2017
pearl05, how is this story you are the one that called me hope you know that ?

1 Like

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by Pearl05(f): 4:31am On Dec 07, 2017
oly0511:

Yea, I saw a potential best story and I call you out. Enjoy. Will send popcorn and vanilla ice cream soon.

1 Like

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by martiegold(f): 6:33am On Dec 07, 2017
oly0511:

anty coman siddown
order what u want, d bills on me
Re: A Mommy For Christmas by martiegold(f): 6:34am On Dec 07, 2017
Pearl05:

Yea, I saw a potential best story and I call you out. Enjoy. Will send popcorn and vanilla ice cream soon.
thank u for believing in me, I promise not to disappoint you all
Re: A Mommy For Christmas by martiegold(f): 6:35am On Dec 07, 2017
EvaJael:

She loves me too. Everybody comman hear o. My head e don swell o. Thanks dear

u don't know what hidden diamonds did to my heart
I love u big

1 Like

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by pweetymhi(f): 12:03pm On Dec 07, 2017
martiegold:

I love u big
hidden diamond broke my heart evajael, u no do am well o

1 Like

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by pweetymhi(f): 12:05pm On Dec 07, 2017
lemme see how the story unfolds,baba Mia we want a new momma for Christmas.
Re: A Mommy For Christmas by EvaJael(f): 5:42pm On Dec 07, 2017
martiegold:

I love u big
Awww I love you too. Hidden diamonds is jumping for joy in my laptop grin
Re: A Mommy For Christmas by EvaJael(f): 5:43pm On Dec 07, 2017
pweetymhi:

hidden diamond broke my heart evajael, u no do am well o
Eya pele my dear. Next one will not be like that, if there'll be a next one
Re: A Mommy For Christmas by pweetymhi(f): 7:38pm On Dec 07, 2017
EvaJael:

Eya pele my dear. Next one will not be like that, if there'll be a next one
there must surely b another one ma'am
Re: A Mommy For Christmas by martiegold(f): 8:32pm On Dec 07, 2017
A MOMMY FOR CHRISTMAS

'Sandra, cancel all appointments after 12 noon' he told his secretary
' Alright boss' Gosh! he looks as cute as ever Sandra thought. Too bad he doesn't notice her despite her beauty and smartness. Well, he doesn't seem to notice anyone, rumor had it he was gay but he had two kids so, that was obviously a lie.
She had had a crush on him since she came for interview and saw d demi god who was going to be her boss. She wasn't going to stress herself over a man, she was beautiful and smart and had a lot of men at her disposal so her boss could take several seats.

It was PTA day at his kids school and he had to be there for them, he would move mountains to show his love for his kids.
He would like to see the indispensable Miss Catherine his kids had been talking about. This days they couldn't make a complete statement without punctuating it with miss Catherine. it was always Miss Cathy said this, Miss Cathy said that.
' Today I will see the miss Cathy that's almost taking my kids from me' he said to himself with a smile.

' OK, Sandra, I'll see you tomorrow. Have a nice day dear ' he told his secretary. he was aware she had a crush on him but she doesn't stir him like his Vicky. No woman can stir his heart like Vicky.
He already made up his mind not to dwell on the past.
He got to the school in record time due to less traffic and found that most parents were yet to arrive, typical Nigerian.
' Daddy ' he heard a voice he could pick from a crowd. He turned and saw Maya running towards him. He bent and lifted her
' Hey baby, how are u'
' Daddy, I am no longer a baby, I am 11 years and should be treated as an adult' she told him
' hnnnn says the 11 years old girl. You would always be my baby even when you are all grown up '
' OK Daddy'
' Where is Mia?'
' She's with miss Cathy in her class, come on dad, let go see Miss Cathy'
she said while pulling his hands towards the classroom.

He wondered why his heart won't stop beating against his chest.
He haven't been able to take his mind away from the pretty lady he found his little daughter singing with in her classroom. She had a nice voice and a very beautiful smile. Little wonder his kids wanted her for Christmas, he wouldn't mind having her under his Christmas tree.
Her eyes were the lightest shade of brown he had ever seen. Her palm felt soft against his hard one.
' My God!' he exclaimed forgetting he was in a meeting.
' Are you alright Mr Casper?' the principal asked him ' Would you like to give a suggestion?'
' No no' he replies embarrassment written all over his face
Miss Catherine was making him lose control of himself.
She had a skin that shone like caramel and her smile was almost blinding.
' If only I can get her off my blasted mind' he whispered to himself ignoring the man sitting next to him who stared at him.

Alright folks, my battery is on 8%, I just had drop this.

This one is dedicated to you Charles, Thanks for the chocolates. A thousand kisses to u.

oya all my new friend come and read oo, biko manage this one, jollof will soon done.

Drop a comment please. Muah...

3 Likes

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by favch(f): 9:33pm On Dec 07, 2017
Rushes into thread to read a story but becomes flaggerbastered by the story CU's its breathtaking
ride on martie,u r pulling crowds
Heemah jadedgrace98 come n read

1 Like

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by Hantonia(f): 9:51pm On Dec 07, 2017
I Dey Ur Bk Continue

1 Like

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by cbella(f): 11:58pm On Dec 07, 2017
EvaJael:

Awww I love you too. Hidden diamonds is jumping for joy in my laptop grin

And... She didn't invite me because ssssssssssss

Even martiegold didn't lol!

I won't vex today, another day

1 Like

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by cbella(f): 12:08am On Dec 08, 2017
Pearl05:
This is fresh and hot. I'm packing here.

Cbella, Gloryejims, pinkfeet, oly0511,purples25 come and enjoy.

Chaii, thank you aunty

1 Like

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by ftosino(m): 9:31am On Dec 08, 2017
abeg put yeast inside the jollof make e quick done biko, i have my kunu with me, who wants some? cheesy NICE ONE Martiegold

1 Like

Re: A Mommy For Christmas by martiegold(f): 9:46am On Dec 08, 2017
cbella:

And... She didn't invite me because ssssssssssss
Even martiegold didn't lol!
I won't vex today, another day
don't vex oo anty so that jollof can reach ur side

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. / Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Nigerian Babes Read More Novels Than Nigerian Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.