Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? (3024 Views)

Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven / See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. / Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 06, 2017
These days i keep wondering if am wrong being a Christian.

Bikonu, help o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by enilove(m): 2:24pm On Dec 06, 2017
YoungMILITANT:

Bikonu, help o.

It is not religion that will take you to heaven , it is your faith in God through His Son Jesus Christ.
Believe that Jesus died for you and start​ to live holy.
Matthew 7:24 KJV
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Anything outside Jesus Christ is eternal error.

5 Likes

Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by EmperorHarry: 2:40pm On Dec 06, 2017
enilove:

It is not religion that will take you to heaven , it is your faith in God through His Son Jesus Christ.
Believe that Jesus died for you and start​ to live holy.
Matthew 7:24 KJV
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Anything outside Jesus Christ is eternal error.

Do you really think it's possible to live holy?
Or is it just an illusion that you've accepted cos you think someone or people have done it before or are doing it not because you can vouch for yourself on account of personal experience
"First remove the beam in your eye before you remove the log in someone else's eye".I just love this quote
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by platinumphotos: 3:19pm On Dec 06, 2017
No religion can take anyone to heaven. Only Jesus can!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by ClitoPen: 3:29pm On Dec 06, 2017
None. They are only guides

1 Like

Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by enilove(m): 6:05pm On Dec 06, 2017
EmperorHarry:

Do you really think it's possible to live holy?
Or is it just an illusion that you've accepted cos you think someone or people have done it before or are doing it not because you can vouch for yourself on account of personal experience
"First remove the beam in your eye before you remove the log in someone else's eye".I just love this quote

To live holy is not negotiable , it is a must. From personal experience , I know it is possible and it is a must.

Show me a sinful Christian and I will show you a powerless and hell bound Christian .

All the commandments of God must be kept.

If hell is real , then holiness is a must.

Without being born again ,genuinely , it is not easy , but for a genuine born again Christian , it is possible.
Before Paul the Apostle got born again he said:

Romans 7:15 KJV
For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

But when he got born again he said:

Romans 8:10 KJV
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Although there will be temptations ,trials and challenges , which you must overcome to make heaven. Occasionally , one might fall into sin but that does not mean you should remain in that sin , you ask for forgiveness and move ahead in your Christian journey.

Living a holy , fasted and prayerful life is a better and wonderful life. It is also a peaceful life.
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by EmperorHarry: 6:24pm On Dec 06, 2017
enilove:

To live holy is not negotiable , it is a must. From personal experience , I know it is possible and it is a must.

Show me a sinful Christian and I will show you a powerless and hell bound Christian .

All the commandments of God must be kept.

If hell is real , then holiness is a must.

LMAO...i hear you oh
Keep killing yourself by try to achieve the impossible if that's what makes you happy then no problemo
But I'm pretty sure the commandments of God is slowly becoming misunderstood due to the generation gap btw the time it was written and now,so you may be thinking your in your mind doing God's will but in the end your doing the wrong things without even knowing it...But please keep living in your illusion as long as your happy doing it
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by enilove(m): 7:15pm On Dec 06, 2017
EmperorHarry:

LMAO...i hear you oh
Keep killing yourself by try to achieve the impossible if that's what makes you happy then no problemo
But I'm pretty sure the commandments of God is slowly becoming misunderstood due to the generation gap btw the time it was written and now,so you may be thinking your in your mind doing God's will but in the end your doing the wrong things without even knowing it...But please keep living in your illusion as long as your happy doing it

What is illusion and which commandments of God is becoming misunderstood to you ?

Everything you need to know concerning your​ eternal destination is written in the Bible . For hell bound people :

Galatians 5:19-21 KJV
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these ; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
[20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
[21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

For heaven bound People :
Galatians 5:22-24 KJV
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
[23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
[24] And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

I am not surprised at what you posted , not at all. Why? It is the end time. The Bible makes us to understand that :

2 Timothy 4:3-4 KJV
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
[4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by hopefulLandlord: 7:26pm On Dec 06, 2017
Pastafarian Faith is the only way to heaven, its the religion of the one True God, FSM

1 Like

Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by EmperorHarry: 7:34pm On Dec 06, 2017
enilove:

What is illusion and which commandments of God is becoming misunderstood to you ?

Everything you need to know concerning your​ eternal destination is written in the Bible . For hell bound people :

Galatians 5:19-21 KJV
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these ; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
[20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
[21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

For heaven bound People :
Galatians 5:22-24 KJV
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
[23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
[24] And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

I am not surprised at what you posted , not at all. Why? It is the end time. The Bible makes us to understand that :

2 Timothy 4:3-4 KJV
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
[4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Lmfaoooo.... Exactly what I'm saying,certain things were not existing when the parts of the bible was written,Now let me ask you questions you that thinks you know all when it comes to things like that.
Do you have Christian music on your phone?Did you download it legally by actually purchasing it?Did you know that your part of the many Crhristians downloading things illegally from the internet breaking copyright laws most especially in Nigeria? Does bible saying anything about copyright laws or downloading illegally,it didn't cos there was nothing like the internet at that time...if you want me to list more examples i would

1 Like

Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by enilove(m): 8:10pm On Dec 06, 2017
EmperorHarry:

Lmfaoooo.... Exactly what I'm saying,certain things were not existing when the parts of the bible was written,Now let me ask you questions you that thinks you know all when it comes to things like that.
Do you have Christian music on your phone?Did you download it legally by actually purchasing it?Did you know that your part of the many Crhristians downloading things illegally from the internet breaking copyright laws most especially in Nigeria? Does bible saying anything about copyright laws or downloading illegally,it didn't cos there was nothing like the internet at that time...if you want me to list more examples i would

I have Christian music but not downloaded from the internet. The Bible applications I have in my phone are from Google Play store and are free.

You can call it copywrite or intellectual property , any name you give to it , the fact is that it belongs to someone else. It is another person's property.
There are commandments regarding taking another person's property in the Bible. It does not change. Stealing is stealing , whether through the internet or not.
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 06, 2017
YoungMILITANT:

Bikonu, help o.
Atheist say mine is right. Christian say mine is right. Islam say mine is right. Judaism say mine is right. Many others say mine is right. But truth is one. Use reason and analysis things.

There was once a great Ethiopian philosopher who lived in the 17th century AD. He was raised as an Ethiopian Orthodox Christian, but later started to question things. If you are interested, then check this:-
https://www.nairaland.com/4213010/zera-yacob-great-ethiopian-philosopher#62954469
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by EmperorHarry: 9:26pm On Dec 06, 2017
enilove:

I have Christian music but not downloaded from the internet. The Bible applications I have in my phone are from Google Play store and are free.

You can call it copywrite or intellectual property , any name you give to it , the fact is that it belongs to someone else. It is another person's property.
There are commandments regarding taking another person's property in the Bible. It does not change. Stealing is stealing , whether through the internet or not.
First off i don't believe you don't have songs directly or indirectly downloaded from the internet...It may actually be true but that would mean yoi don't listen to music at all
And secondly, i never said stealing wasn't stealing but it could be completely misunderstood due to many factors...So what your now trying to say is that every other Christian that has songs that are illegally downloaded without consciously knowing that it's stealing are both wasting their time and are destined for eternal damnation right...Hope you understand what I'm getting at
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by 0temSapien: 9:37pm On Dec 06, 2017
Christianity takes the christians to heaven, Islam takes Muslim to Aljana, atheism takes the atheists to atheists' afterlives. I will go across many afterlives, Chumorld, Clumoid, Valhalla, etc. I won't stay fixed in a single afterlife. I love to explore.

Hell is false.
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by enilove(m): 10:08pm On Dec 06, 2017
EmperorHarry:

First off i don't believe you don't have songs directly or indirectly downloaded from the internet...It may actually be true but that would mean yoi don't listen to music at all
And secondly, i never said stealing wasn't stealing but it could be completely misunderstood due to many factors...So what your now trying to say is that every other Christian that has songs that are illegally downloaded without consciously knowing that it's stealing are both wasting their time and are destined for eternal damnation right...Hope you understand what I'm getting at

It is very possible for a Christian to be sinning ignorantly if that Christian does not listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit. Before you engage in a sinful act , if you have the Holy Spirit , an internal voice will warn you and you may obey it or disobey it. Even after the act the Spirit of God will convince you of that sin. But majority don't obey it and it makes the zHoly Spirit to leave them .

I want you to know that God is not after population but after holiness. Jesus said in :

Matthew 7:13-14 KJV
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
[14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and FEW there be that find it.
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by EmperorHarry: 10:42pm On Dec 06, 2017
enilove:

It is very possible for a Christian to be sinning ignorantly if that Christian does not listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit. Before you engage in a sinful act , if you have the Holy Spirit , an internal voice will warn you and you may obey it or disobey it. Even after the act the Spirit of God will convince you of that sin. But majority don't obey it and it makes the zHoly Spirit to leave them .

I want you to know that God is not after population but after holiness. Jesus said in :

Matthew 7:13-14 KJV
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
[14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and FEW there be that find it.

I now understand that I'm only wasting both time and energy on this conversation
Like you knew when you were abusing people ignorantly and unconsciously as a child,or the things you may not even know you did that was wrong cos the Holy spirit was telling you then abi...Pure rubbish
It's clear that your a self righteous person who believes he's on the right path so every other person can go to hell, literally go to hell...So I'm just done...keep living in ignorance,as long as your happy with your illusion
Please do not quote me after this tongue
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by Lirqur: 7:50am On Dec 07, 2017
EmperorHarry:

I now understand that I'm only wasting both time and energy on this conversation
Like you knew when you were abusing people ignorantly and unconsciously as a child,or the things you may not even know you did that was wrong cos the Holy spirit was telling you then abi...Pure rubbish
It's clear that your a self righteous person who believes he's on the right path so every other person can go to hell, literally go to hell...So I'm just done...keep living in ignorance,as long as your happy with your illusion
Please do not quote me after this tongue

You're the one living in ignorance, your ear is itching to ear what you want.

The world and its people is what changed, God never changed for once, so all the law stands.

1 Like

Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by EmperorHarry: 8:38am On Dec 07, 2017
Lirqur:

You're the one living in ignorance, your ear is itching to ear what you want.

The world and its people is what changed, God never changed for once, so all the law stands.
Your the one confusing yourself,what else am I driving at...your still saying the same thing I'm saying
Simple instruction don't quote me...You did and your still saying what I'm saying...SMH
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by budaatum: 10:42am On Dec 07, 2017
YoungMILITANT:

Bikonu, help o.
And what exactly is it that makes you wonder that you are "wrong being a Christian"?
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 07, 2017
none religion doesn't take you to heaven
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by smoy: 11:52am On Dec 07, 2017
YoungMILITANT:

Bikonu, help o.
Quran said the ONLY religion in the sight of Allah (God) is Islam.
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 07, 2017
smoy:
Quran said the ONLY religion in the sight of Allah (God) is Islam.

what's the meaning of Allah?
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by smoy: 12:24pm On Dec 07, 2017
YoungMILITANT:

what's the meaning of Allah?
Allah is an arabic word of the creator of earth and heaven, he created you and me and has all right to be worship, he created Adam, Moses Abraham, Jesus, Muhammed and all that comes to be. He loves all when you repent.
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 07, 2017
smoy:
Allah is an arabic word of the creator of earth and heaven, he created you and me and has all right to be worship, he created Adam, Moses Abraham, Jesus, Muhammed and all that comes to be. He loves all when you repent.
young man, Allah means,"the God". Al in Arabic word means, the then La means God. Check it out.

And for more information.
Jesus is among the trinity.
Read John chapter one from verse on to down. Jesus wasn't created by his father.

NB: think before you spill anything from ur mouth.
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by smoy: 1:07pm On Dec 07, 2017
YoungMILITANT:

young man, Allah means,"the God". Al in Arabic word means, the then La means God. Check it out.

And for more information.
Jesus is among the trinity.
Read John chapter one from verse on to down. Jesus wasn't created by his father.

NB: think before you spill anything from ur mouth.
Allah is Indivisible noun you, this is tha original name used by All prophet of God including Jesus.

trinity is a misery of christianity, it was never the pronuncement of God nor the teaching of Jesus.
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 07, 2017
smoy:
Allah is Indivisible noun you, this is tha original name used by All prophet of God including Jesus.

trinity is a misery of christianity, it was never the pronuncement of God nor the teaching of Jesus.

tikakakakakaklakakakaka. Never a misery young man.

It is a mystery.
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by smoy: 2:03pm On Dec 07, 2017
YoungMILITANT:

tikakakakakaklakakakaka. Never a misery young man.

It is a mystery.
whatever, open your mind to the only religion of God, Islam. remember that you shall stand alone in the front of your God to defend your action or inaction while on this earth of test.
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by enilove(m): 3:16pm On Dec 07, 2017
smoy:

The Arabs are deceiving you all Muslims. The Arabs were known to be idol worshippers , what name of god were they calling when worshipping their idols or god ?
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by enilove(m): 3:36pm On Dec 07, 2017
smoy:
whatever, open your mind to the only religion of God, Islam. remember that you shall stand alone in the front of your God to defend your action or inaction while on this earth of test.

Can't you see open - idol worshipping performed by you Muslims when you face a building , clothed in black , and pray to it? When you go to Mecca , you still go round the black clothed house 7 times kissing or pointing to the black stone on the wall of the Kabaah . Why ? Is God Almighty living in the small black house? You Tawaf like the pre Islamic era .

Why is the name of Allah related to the idol Allat?

The Arabs are still worshipping their idols , no Prophet of the Bible worshiped Allah. Allah is a false god.
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by smoy: 4:40pm On Dec 07, 2017
enilove:

Can't you see open - idol worshipping performed by you Muslims when you face a building , clothed in black , and pray to it? When you go to Mecca , you still go round the black clothed house 7 times kissing or pointing to the black stone on the wall of the Kabaah . Why ? Is God Almighty living in the small black house? You Tawaf like the pre Islamic era .

Why is the name of Allah related to the idol Allat?

The Arabs are still worshipping their idols , no Prophet of the Bible worshiped Allah. Allah is a false god.

facing a building is just a sign of unity for Muslim and nothing more,
clothed in black by Muslims? is that a prerequisite of prayers? no. pray to what ? we only pray to Allah and nothing more,
we go round the Kaaba just to emulate our father Ibrahim and his Son Ismail, and the pagan try to emulate their forefather too but do it wrongly but they know that the fist person on that land did so and that became tradition but Muhammad came to set thing straight by the proper ways of doing all this since he is the rightful person to lay claim to Ibrahim.

Allah is indivisible noun while al-Lat is a name of idol they are different al and lat made it up.
no Arab still worship idol today and all prophet of God worshiped Allah.
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by enilove(m): 6:34pm On Dec 07, 2017
smoy:
facing a building is just a sign of unity for Muslim and nothing more,
clothed in black by Muslims? is that a prerequisite of prayers? no. pray to what ? we only pray to Allah and nothing more,
we go round the Kaaba just to emulate our father Ibrahim and his Son Ismail, and the pagan try to emulate their forefather too but do it wrongly but they know that the fist person on that land did so and that became tradition but Muhammad came to set thing straight by the proper ways of doing all this since he is the rightful person to lay claim to Ibrahim.

Allah is indivisible noun while al-Lat is a name of idol they are different al and lat made it up.
no Arab still worship idol today and all prophet of God worshiped Allah.

You bow down to a building 5 time a day 7 times a week to show unity? Unity with who or with what ?
Facing a house to show unity among Muslims or to God , which is more important? During the pre Islamic era , idols were kept inside the Kabaah , don't you know it is still housing something ?

Exodus 20:4-5 KJV
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
[5] Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

The Bible contains the journey of Abraham . Abraham never went with Ishmael to Arabia. This was revealed about 2000 years b4 Islam came.
The story that Abraham went to build a house in Arabia and circled it 7 times is funny. Why? If you may ask.
Abraham lived and died in Israel . How come he did not build such a house of worship in Israel and go round it to show the Israelites that mode of worship? Unless you Muslims are saying he did not worship God any more till he died.

Why would God ask Abraham to build such house knowing that it would be converted to a house of Satan ?
What about the black stone? Was it taken there by Abraham ?
Why did Muhammed loved satanic music if he was not part of it ?

Volume 2, Book 15, Number 72:
Sahin Bukhari
Narrated Aisha:

Abu Bakr came to my house while two small Ansari girls were singing beside me the stories of the Ansar concerning the Day of Buath. And they were not singers. Abu Bakr said protestingly, "Musical instruments of Satan in the house of Allah's Apostle !" It happened on the 'Id day and Allah's Apostle said, "O Abu Bakr! There is an 'Id for every nation and this is our 'Id."

Idol worshippers always face their idols when worshipping , don't let the devil fool you .

B4 Muhammed , the idol worshippers had been using that name ,"Allah" to carry-out their idolatery. You cannot use the name of God to worship idol. Idolatery is from Satan , who will give them name and mode of worship. Satan loves violence and shedding of blood , which Islam loves also.
Re: Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 07, 2017
smoy:
Never will i join a religion of destruction.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What God Cannot Do / Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) / The Black Man & The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.