Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Donate A Book Today: A Handover Of 1000 Books.. Speech By Aic Akwarandu - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Donate A Book Today: A Handover Of 1000 Books.. Speech By Aic Akwarandu (293 Views)

A Nairalander Donates 1000 Books To 16 Schools Across His Local Government / Kalu Tells Ikpeazu To Handover Abia College Of Education To FG / Donate A Book Campaign: Aic Akwarandu Foundation Wrote: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Donate A Book Today: A Handover Of 1000 Books.. Speech By Aic Akwarandu by Akachukwuroland: 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2017
MY SPEECH!

By Aic Akwarandu

It's with great thanks that I welcome you all to this event. I'm certain that most of the people who are here read about the event on social media platforms. That's a great show of support and solidarity. I must appreciate the HOD and the Staff of the Department for giving me the opportunity to contribute my little strength to the Department. I strongly believe that what we are doing today will go a long way in making things easy for them. Teaching is one of the most difficult professions one can undertake, but a very noble one. That is why it's unfortunate that they are less rewarded. I do pray that God will always sustain them.

What we are doing here today is the official hand over of the Books collated so far, in the #AicDonateABook campaign, which kicked off on the 25th of October, 2017. We most sincerely appreciate you all for the support and solidarity. The social media shares, likes and comments were indeed too many. This goes to show how fast and easy one can execute a task using social media for the right reasons. The Aic Akwarandu Foundation is passionate about anything that will inspire and encourage the younger generation to build a better society. Our society today is threatened due to lack of moral values. We are interested in righting the wrongs through an enlightened process. We intend not to create saints, but we are committed to creating those who place high value and respect on sainthood.

The #AicDonateABook campaign is aimed at encouraging our generation by exposing their reasoning through reading. A reader is everything you can think about; a carpenter, trader, tailor, mechanic, etc. A good reader finds solutions to critical issues. Not because he is a magician, but because he must have encountered such situation in one book or the other. However, most times our students find it difficult to access these materials, thereby affecting their exposure. This ugly situation and many more spurred us into this campaign and we are indeed greatful that we are here today to accomplish this noble objective. It is important to note that this campaign is not ended yet. Our ambition is to raise 10000 books for the Department before the end of the year, 2018. We can't do this alone, like Oliver Twist, we shall continue to ask for more.

I must sincerely appreciate the Vitalis and Chinonye led Committee, they really performed beyond my expectations, coordinating the activities from the campaign period to where we are today. Their hard work motivated the Foundation to do what we are doing today. I use this opportunity to appreciate you all. I can't mention all your names but be assured that everyone of you made great impacts and contributions which made this event see the light of the day.

To my Dear donors, we couldn't have achieved this without you. From the first day we kicked off this campaign to the last day, there was no day we did not get a book. Worst case situation, we get one. People appreciated even those outside the shores of this country. Our prayer is that the good Lord will continue to provide for those who will stand for you in your times of need. Humanity shall be fair and supportive to you all and posterity will never forget you for supporting this noble cause.

Conclusively, may I on behalf of the entire members and board of Directors of the the Foundation thank you all who made out time to be with us from 10am till now. This day will go down in history for the success we achieved, which is to your credit. May the good Lord bless you, all. We say Thank you, Thank u and Thank you. When you leave here at the end of this ceremony, may the good Lord take you back safely to your various destinations. Amen.

Aic Akwarandu

For and on behalf of The Aic Akwarandu Foundation.

(1) (Reply)

Uniben 2017/2018 Admitted Engineering Aspirants / Help With Seminar Topic / Project Work In Political Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.