Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,814 members, 7,798,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Soyinka Denies Rumours He Kicked Against Son’s Wedding To An Older Igbo Lady - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Soyinka Denies Rumours He Kicked Against Son’s Wedding To An Older Igbo Lady (398 Views)

Tinubu Kicked Against Nigerian Labour Demands, Sacked Over 10,000 Workers As Lag / Kiddwaya’s Father Slams Viewers Against Son’s Winning (video) / Soyinka: Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Son Says It May Be 'Unlawful' To Take Pic Of Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Soyinka Denies Rumours He Kicked Against Son’s Wedding To An Older Igbo Lady by cynthiadlit: 4:17pm On Dec 06, 2017
The reports claimed the renowned playwright had to be persuaded by family members to attend the wedding that held in Atlanta, United States of America.

The widely circulated report had also stated that whereas Soyinka’s son, Oretunlewa is 21 years old, Nneka is a 30 years old businesswoman.

But Soyinka said: “Oretunlewa is 27 and I should know because he is my son and Nneka is 26. In any case, what’s my business if two consenting adults decided they wanted to be together as husband and wife?”

The Nobel laureate, who spoke at the presentation of his new book, “Green Card, Green Gods”, at the Freedom Park in Lagos, said a proud father, the least he owed his son was to offer him and his wife blessings just as he expressed the belief that the misrepresentation was orchestrated by those he labeled “cowards and maggots of the social media who themselves are products of dysfunctional families”.

http://thejuicyblog.com/soyinka-denies-rumours-kicked-sons-wedding-older-igbo-lady/

(1) (Reply)

Federal Republic Of Nigeria. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. The Call / The Unique Nigerian Legend Of A Money-eating Snake / I Can Prove That Your Brain Is Not Smarter Than An Ant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.