Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

UCL : Tottenham. Vs. Apoel Today At 8:45pm - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL : Tottenham. Vs. Apoel Today At 8:45pm (283 Views)

Tottenham Vs Liverpool : All You Need To Know About Champions League Final / Apoel Vs Real Madrid .0-6 / Real Madrid CF V APOEL FC (3-0) - Full time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UCL : Tottenham. Vs. Apoel Today At 8:45pm by luvola(m): 5:14pm On Dec 06, 2017
Harry Kane will be among those rested for Tottenham's final Champions League group game with the team's progress to the knockout stages already assured.
Kane, Spurs' top scorer with 16 goals this season, will miss Apoel Nicosia's visit to Wembley along with midfielders Christian Eriksen and Eric Dier.
Goalkeeper Hugo Lloris and right-back Kieran Trippier will also be rested.
However, midfielder Dele Alli will play as he attempts to regain his form after an indifferent start to the season.
The 21-year-old was one of the stars of Tottenham's Premier League campaign last season, scoring 18 goals in 37 games as his side finished second behind Chelsea.
But, despite scoring twice in the 3-1 win over defending European champions Real Madrid, he has generally struggled to recreate that form this term.
"I think I am my own biggest critic," Alli said.
"Every time I know when I'm not playing well and if it's not going well for me, it's important that I keep working hard and trying every day to learn and improve as a player.
"It's been a good opportunity for me to learn more about myself as a player and as a person, so I'm looking forward to it and I've got to keep enjoying it."
Manager Mauricio Pochettino said it was too early to say when central defender Toby Alderweireld might return to fitness after claims that he could be missing until April.
"I think it is misinterpreted or something. What I am sure is it will not take 14 weeks more," he said.
Midfielder Victor Wanyama will miss the meeting with the Cypriot champions with a knee injury while Erik Lamela, just back from a hip problem, is ineligible as he was not included in the club's initial Champions League squad.
Fernando Llorente, Georges-Kevin Nkoudou and Juan Foyth are expected to be given a chance in the dead rubber.
Apoel need to better Borussia Dortmund's result against Real Madrid in Group H's other match to be certain of finishing third and securing a spot in the Europa League.
Match stats
This is the second competitive meeting between Tottenham and Apoel after the English side's 3-0 win in Nicosia back in September.
No Cypriot side has ever beaten English opposition in European competition in 14 attempts, drawing three and losing 11.
However, Apoel's only previous away trip to face an English club ended in a 2-2 draw against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the 2009-10 Champions League group stages.
Tottenham have faced Cypriot opposition more times than any other English club in European competition, scoring 15 goals and conceding only three in those five games. They won four and drew one of these previous games.
Tottenham have won their last three Champions League games at Wembley, all by the same scoreline of 3-1.
Apoel are winless in their last 13 Champions League games, drawing three and losing 10. They have also failed to score in nine of those 13 outings.
Apoel have also never won an away game in the Champions League.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42242171

(1) (Reply)

UCL Match Preview : Manchester City Vs FC Basel / Arsenal Fans: Arsene Wenger To Leave Club At End Of Season / EPL: Mourinho Regrets Buying Alexis Sanchez, Reveals Who Man United Should Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.