Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos (50935 Views)

Moment A Parked All-electric Tesla Model S Car Exploded In A Garage / Alex Ephraims & His Locally Made Combatant Vehicle Spotted In Imo / Specially Constructed Vehicle Spotted In Benue (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 09, 2017
LaudateII:

You must be a comedian. Do you currently have facilities for recycling such batteries in Nigeria? Do more research. You will get the info on the ionising radiation of the battery packs.

How is recycling a battery a problem bikonu. Do we have facilities for recycling lead acid batteries which are more dangerous. Where do all those laptop, smartphone and dead car batteries end up. Answer. U are just making sure meal out of nothing.
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by LaudateII: 12:14am On Dec 09, 2017
greenhulk:

How is recycling a battery a problem bikonu. Do we have facilities for recycling lead acid batteries which are more dangerous. Where do all those laptop, smartphone and dead car batteries end up. Answer.

Go on...do more research. You will arrive at the answer one day. There are no recycling facilities for all the used expired batteries and worn out ICT hardware, in Nigeria. Those things somehow find their way back into our local markets one way or the other. Now you want to add battery packs of EV cars to the nauseating mix? Just because you are delirious about EV cars like an over-excited kindergarten kid?
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 09, 2017
LaudateII:

Go on...do more research. You will arrive at the answer one day. There are no recycling facilities for all the used expired batteries and worn out ICT hardware, in Nigeria. Those things spnehow find their way back into our local markets one way or the other. Now you want to add battery packs of EV cars to the nauseating mix? Just because you are delirious about EV cars like an over-excited kindergarten kid?

U have no point dude, stop making a fool of urself. Recycling of ev cars bstteries is mainly to turn them into another useful product. The ones that need proper disposal sreead acid batteries since lead is more toxic, but then I don't expect u to understand. Before we can have up to 500,000 electric cars in the country then the power sector must have been fixed... Maybe in the next 5-10 yrs. Average lifespan of ev car battery is 8 yrs. If lead acid batteries can be used to power cars, why are u worried about li-ion which is less toxic. I just don't get it.
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by LaudateII: 12:38am On Dec 09, 2017
greenhulk:

U have no point dude, stop making a fool of urself. Recycling of ev cars bstteries is mainly to turn them into another useful product. The ones that need proper disposal sreead acid batteries since lead is more toxic, but then I don't expect u to understand. Before we can have up to 500,000 electric cars in the country then the power sector must have been fixed... Maybe in the next 5-10 yrs. Average lifespan of ev car battery is 8 yrs. If lead acid batteries can be used to power cars, why are u worried about li-ion which is less toxic. I just don't get it.
How sad. sad Now, it is so obvious that you are just a school kid, that can't think deeply. See the huge gaffe you made here: "Before we can have up to 500,000 electric cars in the country then the power sector must have been fixed... Maybe in the next 5-10 yrs.". It would have been fixed by who?? Where? How?? The same power sector that has been epileptic for over 40 years in Nigeria? The same power sector that has gulped trillions, with little to show for it? Do you even understand the problems of the power sector, especially with respect to the transmission grid? Chai! shocked Wait first, just how old are you?
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Nobody: 12:48am On Dec 09, 2017
LaudateII:

How sad. sad Now, it is so obvious that you are just a school kid, that can't think deeply. See the huge gaffe you made here: "Before we can have up to 500,000 electric cars in the country then the power sector must have been fixed... Maybe in the next 5-10 yrs.". It would have been fixed by who?? Where? How?? The same power sector that has been epileptic for over 40 years in Nigeria? The same power sector that has gulped trillions, with little to show for it? Do you even understand the problems of the power sector, especially with respect to the transmission grid? Chai! shocked Wait first, just how old are you?

I see u find joy at drifting away from the focal point (battery disposal) to power sector.. but I give it to u since u know ur reasons are pointless. Well this school kid is more intelligent than this grandfather. U think knowledge is all about age? yimu.

1 Like

Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by LaudateII: 1:28am On Dec 09, 2017
greenhulk:

I see u find joy at drifting away from the focal point (battery disposal) to power sector.. but I give it to u since u know ur reasons are pointless. Well this school kid is more intelligent than this grandfather. U think knowledge is all about age? yimu.

All the drifting here...has been done by you. sad Were you not the one who initially mentioned the power sector, or have you forgotten? I highlighted it to show how flawed your argument was. It flows from the same flawed premise upon which you are making your baseless fairytale assertions, about what would happen to the defective or expired battery packs of EVs.

Just admit you lack answers to all the questions you have been asked. Keep your snide comments in your pocket. Unless you want to lend credence to the fact that you think like a kindergarten kid. undecided

Thank goodness everyone can see that the award for pointless remarks goes to you. Aren't you the one who spins fairytales like: you will cross the bridge when you get to it, when it concerns the disposal of EV battery packs?
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Nobody: 1:52am On Dec 09, 2017
LaudateII:

All the drifting here...has been done by you. sad Were you not the one who initially mentioned the power sector, or have you forgotten? I highlighted it to show how flawed your argument was. It flows from the same flawed premise upon which you are making your baseless fairytale assertions, about what would happen to the defective or expired battery packs of EVs.

Just admit you lack answers to all the questions you have been asked. Keep your snide comments in your pocket. Unless you want to lend credence to the fact that you think like a kindergarten kid. undecided

Thank goodness everyone can see that the award for pointless remarks goes to you. Aren't you the one who spins fairytales like: you will cross the bridge when you get to it, when it concerns the disposal of EV battery packs?

U still have not made any meaningful point. It's pointless replying u.
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Toheeb31(m): 10:31am On Dec 09, 2017
mafiaso9:

where?

China
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by dasqueope: 5:49pm On Dec 09, 2017
DO YOU LOVE THE TRANSPORT BUSINESS!

Invest with us and make 9% of investment monthly for 24 months.

Leave the Transport Business hazards to us.

Call Now:
SHEKINA SWIFT LTD (RC:498719)
070 1095 1855, 0816 342 9583

Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Nigeriadondie: 7:19pm On Dec 09, 2017
Pidgin2:
Nigeriandondie aka Angelbeing will commit suicide because of this
More electric cars.

Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Nigeriadondie: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2017
Pidgin2:
That are three different types of the electric cars at different location.
U should be ashamed a technology of over 8 yrs has just arrived in Nigeriaand just one. Shame on u. Even in South Africa electric cars are not headlines now. Shame on u.

Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by LaudateII: 7:09am On Dec 10, 2017
greenhulk:
U still have not made any meaningful point. It's pointless replying u.

Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Nigeriadondie: 9:26pm On Dec 10, 2017
Pidgin2:
Na u go commit suicide. Look at the electric car in d pics below.
One of them is a Tesla electric car

Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by henribj(m): 12:21pm On Dec 11, 2017
eaglechild:

Did you says cheap price?

Electric cars are not cheap.

yeah i know they are not cheap
but that car in the picture, to me does not look like brand new
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Nigeriadondie: 8:43pm On Dec 11, 2017
Pidgin2:
When u die from suicide we would not dignify u by conducting a funeral. Ur corpse wud be thrown in river for fishes to feast on. We wud ve thrown it on d streeta for dogs but d stench of decomposing corpse wud disturb residents
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by gomezidowu: 12:21am On Dec 21, 2017
Good morning. Please i'd Like to change my Peugeot 406 diesel engine to another diesel engine as the former has refused to start. Dies anyone know who sells and can also fix it? How much does it cost? Thanks
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by guardiola: 11:41am On Dec 24, 2017
@elshanAutos Please is the Nissan Leaf you saw at Ojodu up for sale?
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by elshanAutos: 9:34pm On Dec 24, 2017
guardiola:
@elshanAutos Please is the Nissan Leaf you saw at Ojodu up for sale?
No it’s not. It was bought for personal use. It’s the first all Electric vehicle in Nigeria to the best of my knowledge. Electric cars are the next big thing in Nigeria, even with out epileptic power supply, they are still coming, and will flourish. Quote me anywhere.
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by pannyman(m): 9:16am On Dec 25, 2017
Ben Murray-Bruce showed off his electric car a few years ago. In Nigeria, for now it's a toy for the super rich.
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by donstefano8(m): 6:38pm On Jan 24, 2018
segebobo:
Can't a solar panel be worked on the roof to charge the battery on-the-go
the charging voltage of a solar panels can't be compared to that of a direct 240v. Solar energy can only sustain the charge level and a proper source of the battery itself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Car Spotted Carrying Another Car On Nigerian Road (video) / Russians Turned ₦81m Bentley Continental GT Into The World's Most Luxurious Tank / Meaning Of Full Option Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.