Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) (44222 Views)

AFCON 2023 Semi-Final Nigeria Vs South Africa Today Wed. Feb 7th 6:00 PM / Ballon D'or 2018 Live Thread / Anthony Joshua Defeats Joseph Parker (Live Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by monex(m): 9:58am On Dec 08, 2017
Criis:

I dunno when ballon d'or became a team award

Ain't it an award for individual brilliance?

It irks Me when Madrid/Penaldo fans mention trophies when discussing ballon d'or.

actually this started during the 2011 (or was it 2012) season when messi was given the award because barca won the champions league despite ronaldo having made more individual contributions

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by tobore4u(m): 1:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
danbrowndmf:
kindly do as you have said
''lol
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by monex(m): 2:24pm On Dec 08, 2017
Icon79:
Thank you, my broad!

It only becomes based on the silverwares won when it favors Cristiano Ronaldo. Real Madrid and FIFA has corrupted and politicized the game so much that it's not fun any more.

O pari

Ballon D'or has nothing to do with Fifa
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Icon79(m): 5:16pm On Dec 08, 2017
Supa slowpoke shocked FIFA was in charge of Ballon d'Or until last year when they separated.

O pari

monex:

Ballon D'or has nothing to do with Fifa
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Icon79(m): 5:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
Seriously, I gave up on Ballon d'Or in after all the Shenanigans of 2013. And I can tell you that Messi doesn't care either. In fact, he has said it himself that winning those individuals awards felt good for the first times he won it but after a while they don't matter to him any more.

Unlike the fake Ronaldo whom everyone knows that he lives for those individual awards. Such a small mind, he is sad

O pari

JSMMUYIWA:

Boom!!
Icon79....Lemme hear you congratulate my boy,Cr7....grin
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Icon79(m): 5:32pm On Dec 08, 2017
Nne, when all is said and done, Leo Messi would be remembered as the greatest player to ever play the game. Cristiano Ronaldo would be a footnote. Mark my words!

O pari

lazygal:

Typical you just can't lose honorably can you? You can say what you wanna say .... This was clear from beginning I can confidently say mist knew Cr would wind
Right here on nairaland only a few of you losers were claiming otherwise .mstop this self deceit and join us or keep quiet
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by JSMMUYIWA(m): 5:58pm On Dec 08, 2017
Icon79:
Seriously, I gave up on Ballon d'Or in after all the Shenanigans of 2013. And I can tell you that Messi doesn't care either. In fact, he has said it himself that winning those individuals awards felt good for the first times he won it but after a while they don't matter to him any more.

Unlike the fake Ronaldo whom everyone knows that he lives for those individual awards. Such a small mind, he is sad

O pari

Talking as if Messi is happy not winning the award.
You can tell Neymar all those,if he can ever agree with you.
Give the consolation talk to self and all Barca fans.
Just Salute The Motivation of Ronaldo,in any case personal or not:He won the award deservingly. Lobatan.cheesy
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Icon79(m): 6:07pm On Dec 08, 2017
Messi doesn't care one bit, trust me. If he's so obsessed with winning individual awards like the fake Ronaldo, then you'd never seen him give up penalties and free kicks. How many times have you seen Ronaldo give up a penalty or a direct free kick at a scoring range? ZERO! But Messi does it all the time.

Under Luis Enrique, Messi purposely gave up playing centrally so he can accommodate Luis Suarez and Neymar. He has the rights to play wherever he wants but he purposely gave it up and became an attacking midfielder. What does that tell you? He isn't interested in running up numbers for individual awards. He cares about the team and what's best for the team. And no reasonable human being can say the same thing about Cristiano Ronaldo!

O pari

JSMMUYIWA:

Talking as if Messi is happy not winning the award.
You can tell Neymar all those,if he can ever agree with you.
Give the consolation talk to self and all Barca fans.
Just Salute The Motivation of Ronaldo,in any case personal or not:He won the award deservingly. Lobatan.cheesy
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by monex(m): 7:32pm On Dec 08, 2017
Icon79:
Supa slowpoke shocked FIFA was in charge of Ballon d'Or until last year when they separated.

O pari

FIFA Ballon d'Or is different from Ballon d'Or

So I was talking about this year.

don't be in a hurry to insult. It shows immaturity
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Ikmontana1: 12:35pm On Dec 14, 2017
MickyBlaq2:

guess u weren't following football wen the likes of drogba against all odds lead Chelsea to champions league glory, wen zlatan(even if he didn't win the champs league) scored 50 plus goals in a season, wen buffon who helped juve to the champs league final, won the Italian league and cup consectively failed to b included in the top 3 in a season wen the eventual winner can b declared out of form... THINK THIS UP BRO
dat chelsea won d champions league dont mean drogba had a better season dan messi dat year.. drogba didn't even come close to messi personal achievements dat season goalscoring n trophy wise.. there v never been a season dat zlatan has outperformed either of Ronaldo n messi... even Manuel neuer once had a better season dan buffon n was in d 3man shortlist but never won against d big 2 cos they are sooo good..
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by danbrowndmf(m): 6:36pm On Dec 17, 2017
tobore4u:
''lol
yes o

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Kelechi Iheanacho Wins Leicester City 2020-21 Goal Of The Season Award (Photos) / John Terry And Roberto Carlos Arrive Lagos For Exhibition Game / Oshoala, Michelle Alozie & Uchenna Kanu Holidaying In Lagos (Pics & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.