Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,027 members, 7,807,041 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem (1463 Views)

Verse Flow Discrepancy In Zechariah Chapter 4 (Good News Bible) / This Generation Shall Not PASS, Till All These Things Be Fulfilled. / The Flying Scroll Of Zechariah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by butterflyl1on: 8:08am On Dec 07, 2017
I saw this on front page but it was posted in the politics section so I decided to lift it here where it is also needed.

Read below

Today, President Donad Trump of the United States of America make a life broadcast from the White House, that America will now recognise Jerusalem as the Administrative capital of Israel and the location for new USA Embassy.

Why declaring Jerusalem as the capital of Israel is so controversial

(CNN) US President Donald Trump is expected to declare Jerusalem as the capital of Israel this week in a move that will spark controversy across the world.

The announcement would move Trump one step closer to fulfilling his campaign pledge to relocate the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem -- a move long sought by Israel, but set aside by previous US Presidents due to regional concerns and Jerusalem's contested status between Israelis and Palestinians. Both sides claim the holy city as their capital.

Upon making his decision public, Trump is expected to sign a waiver to keep the US embassy in Tel Aviv for another six months. But the State Department's security arm has been told to plan for potentially violent protests at US embassies and consulates if the White House announces the move.

CNN's Oren Liebermann, who is based in Jerusalem, walks us through what's at stake.

Why is declaring Jerusalem the capital such a big deal?

The final status of Jerusalem has always been one of the most difficult and sensitive questions in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. If the United States declares Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, it would be seen as prejudging that question, deciding an issue that was supposed to be left to negotiations and breaking with the international consensus on the holy city.

Recognizing Jerusalem as the capital also moves the United States one major step closer to relocating the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, which would be seen as cementing Israeli sovereignty over the city.

How would the embassy move work?

Logistically, moving the embassy to Jerusalem could be very simple. There is already a US consulate in Jerusalem, while the embassy remains in Tel Aviv. It could be as simple as switching the names -- making the embassy in Jerusalem and a consulate in Tel Aviv. The US Ambassador to Israel would move from his residence in a Tel Aviv suburb to Jerusalem.

But that would be just about the only simple part. Moving the embassy risks setting off diplomatic crises with Arab states that could include widespread protests outside of US diplomatic offices in those and other countries.

The ramifications of an embassy move would be felt far outside of Jerusalem. It would overturn 70 years of international consensus, and, many argue, would effectively signal the end of moves to achieve peace between Israelis and Palestinians.

Give me some history ...

The United Nations partition plan drawn up in 1947 envisaged Jerusalem as a separate "international city." But the war that followed Israel's declaration of independence one year later left the city divided. When fighting ended in 1949, the armistice border -- often called the Green Line because it was drawn in green ink -- saw Israel in control of the western half, and Jordan in control of the eastern half, which included the famous Old City.

When did that change?

During the 1967 Six-Day War, Israel occupied East Jerusalem. Since then, all of the city has been under Israel's authority. The city marks "Jerusalem Day" in late-May or early-June. But Palestinians, and many in the international community, continue to see East Jerusalem as the capital of a future Palestinian state.

Who lives in Jerusalem?

Roughly 850,000 people live in Jerusalem -- 37% are Arab and 61% are Jewish, according to the independent think tank Jerusalem Institute. The Jewish population includes around 200,000 ultra-Orthodox Jews, with the rest split generally between religious Zionist and secular Jews. 96% of the city's Arab population is Muslim; the other 4% is Christian.

The vast majority of the Palestinian population lives in East Jerusalem. Although there are some mixed neighborhoods in Jerusalem where both Israelis and Arabs live, most of the neighborhoods are split.

Have any countries ever had their embassy in Jerusalem?

Yes. Before 1980 a number of countries did, including the Netherlands and Costa Rica. But in July of that year, Israel passed a law that declared Jerusalem the united capital of Israel. The United Nations Security Council responded with a resolution condemning Israel's annexation of East Jerusalem and declared it a violation of international law.

So countries moved their embassies out of the city?

Correct. In 2006, Costa Rica and El Salvador were the last to move their embassies out of Jerusalem, joining the rest of the world in locating their embassies in Tel Aviv.

What about consulates?

Some countries do maintain consulates in Jerusalem, including the United States, which has one in the western part of the city. Other countries -- such as Britain and France for instance -- have a consulate in the eastern part of the city, which serve as their countries' main representation in the Palestinian territories.

Just to be clear: What is America's position?

The US has never had its embassy in Jerusalem. It has always been in Tel Aviv, with the Ambassador's residence in Herzliya Pituach, about 30 minutes north.

That sounds pretty straightforward ...

Wait a minute, it gets more complicated. In 1989, Israel began leasing to the US a plot of land in Jerusalem for a new embassy. The 99-year lease cost $1 per year. To this day, the plot has not been developed, and it remains an empty field.

OK. Keep going...

In 1995, the US Congress passed a law requiring America to move the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Proponents said the US should respect Israel's choice of Jerusalem as its capital, and recognize it as such.

So why hasn't the embassy moved yet?

Every President since 1995 -- Presidents Clinton, Bush and Obama -- has declined to move the embassy, citing national security interests. Every six months, the President has used the presidential waiver to circumvent the embassy move.

How have Israelis responded to this?

The Israeli government has lauded Trump's pledge to follow through with the embassy move. Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat has been perhaps the most outspoken advocate, launching a campaign just days before the US President's inauguration, urging him to make good on his promise.

And what do the Palestinians make of it all?

Palestinian leaders are adamant that an embassy move to Jerusalem would be a violation of international law, and a huge setback to peace hopes.

President Mahmoud Abbas has turned to other world leaders, including Russian President Vladimir Putin and Jordan's King Abdullah, to help pressure Trump to change his mind. The Palestine Liberation Organization has suggested it would consider revoking its recognition of Israel, and canceling all agreements between Israelis and Palestinians, should the move take place.

More immediately, there are fears it could set off a wave of unrest -- perhaps even street protests and violence -- in the Palestinian territories and across the Arab world

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/12/05/middleeast/trump-jerusalem-explainer-intl/index.html
Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by butterflyl1on: 8:10am On Dec 07, 2017
What does Zechariah chapter 8 say?

Zechariah 8 verse 1 to 16

1The word of the Lord Almighty came to me.

2 This is what the Lord Almighty says: “I am very jealous for Zion; I am burning with jealousy for her.”

3 This is what the Lord says: “I will return to Zion and dwell in Jerusalem. Then Jerusalem will be called the Faithful City, and the mountain of the Lord Almighty will be called the Holy Mountain.”

4 This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Once again men and women of ripe old age will sit in the streets of Jerusalem, each of them with cane in hand because of their age. 5 The city streets will be filled with boys and girls playing there.”

6 This is what the Lord Almighty says: “It may seem marvelous to the remnant of this people at that time, but will it seem marvelous to me?” declares the Lord Almighty.

7 This is what the Lord Almighty says: “I will save my people from the countries of the east and the west. 8 I will bring them back to live in Jerusalem; they will be my people, and I will be faithful and righteous to them as their God.”

9 This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Now hear these words, ‘Let your hands be strong so that the temple may be built.’ This is also what the prophets said who were present when the foundation was laid for the house of the Lord Almighty. 10 Before that time there were no wages for people or hire for animals. No one could go about their business safely because of their enemies, since I had turned everyone against their neighbor. 11 But now I will not deal with the remnant of this people as I did in the past,” declares the Lord Almighty.

12 “The seed will grow well, the vine will yield its fruit, the ground will produce its crops, and the heavens will drop their dew. I will give all these things as an inheritance to the remnant of this people. 13 Just as you, Judah and Israel, have been a curse[a] among the nations, so I will save you, and you will be a blessing.[b] Do not be afraid, but let your hands be strong.”

14 This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Just as I had determined to bring disaster on you and showed no pity when your ancestors angered me,” says the Lord Almighty, 15 “so now I have determined to do good again to Jerusalem and Judah. Do not be afraid. 16 These are the things you are to do: Speak the truth to each other, and render true and sound judgment in your courts; 17 do not plot evil against each other, and do not love to swear falsely. I hate all this,” declares the Lord.

LET HE WHO HAS AN EAR HEAR! THE COMING OF THE LORD IS NEARER NOW THAN EVER BEFORE.

1 Like

Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by AnodaIT(m): 8:17am On Dec 07, 2017
I didn't hear the Lord mentioned Donald Trump in the passage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by Ayoemrys(m): 8:25am On Dec 07, 2017
Glory Be To The Most High God, The Almighty,i Am That I Am, The Lord Of Host, Halleluyah,

1 Like

Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by zephry(m): 8:32am On Dec 07, 2017
AnodaIT:
I didn't hear the Lord mentioned Donald Trump in the passage
thank you ooo my broda how is Donald trump the promise of God for jerusalem

1 Like

Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by chemystery: 9:45am On Dec 07, 2017
God should be more concerned about convincing his people (Israelites) that Jesus Christ is their Messiah. What does it profit god to give them Jerusalem and then they all perish eternally for rejecting his messiah?

God and misplaced priorities are always like this...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by dalaman: 9:58am On Dec 07, 2017
Seriously I fail to see the connection between this usless OP and the realities on ground. What has the United states recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel got to do with some ancient nonsense written in the book of Zechariah that says men and women of ripe old age will sit in the streets of Jerusalem, each of them with came in hand because of their age.The city streets will be filled with boys and girls playing there. What has the recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel by the US git to do with anything. Did the bible say that the US will recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel amidst rejection from other countries? Why are christians foolishly worried about Israel a country where majority of its citizens and non religious? Christians account for less than 4% of the population of the country. Jesus can not even convince the Jews who are the majority of the peple there that he is the messiah yet some deluded African is already having an erection over Jewish mythology written thousands of years ago.

1 Like

Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by sonmvayina(m): 10:16am On Dec 07, 2017
chemystery:
God should be more concerned about convincing his people (Israelites) that Jesus Christ is their Messiah. What does it profit god to give them Jerusalem and then they all perish eternally for rejecting his messiah?

Jesus is NOT the Jewish messiah, the Long awaited messiah has not come , his name will be David as all the scripture says..and he will be a king... Meaning a leader...
Something tells me he is Donald Trump....I will post the messianic prophesies soon..
Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by sonmvayina(m): 10:22am On Dec 07, 2017
Ezekiel 34 and 37, Hosea 3, Isaiah 11, Jeremiah 23 and 30, those are the portion dealing with the messiah check and see if Jesus fulfill any of them.

The end of Christianity is near...people will be so so surprised. Because the first of Gods enemies to be destroyed will be Christians . Zephaniah 2:11.

1 Like

Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by butterflyl1on: 10:25am On Dec 07, 2017
For those who are just talking ignorantly. Prophesy does not need to specifically mention names but can speficically talk about outcome.

I will post Zechariah 8 verse 1 to 16 again and highlight some major points

2 This is what the Lord Almighty says: “I am very jealous for Zion; I am burning with jealousy for her.”

3 This is what the Lord says: “I will return to Zion and dwell in Jerusalem. Then Jerusalem will be called the Faithful City, and the mountain of the Lord Almighty will be called the Holy Mountain.”

4 This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Once again men and women of ripe old age will sit in the streets of Jerusalem, each of them with cane in hand because of their age. 5 The city streets will be filled with boys and girls playing there.”

6 This is what the Lord Almighty says: “It may seem marvelous to the remnant of this people at that time, but will it seem marvelous to me?” declares the Lord Almighty.

7 This is what the Lord Almighty says: “I will save my people from the countries of the east and the west. 8 I will bring them back to live in Jerusalem; they will be my people, and I will be faithful and righteous to them as their God.”

9 This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Now hear these words, ‘Let your hands be strong so that the temple may be built.’ This is also what the prophets said who were present when the foundation was laid for the house of the Lord Almighty. 10 Before that time there were no wages for people or hire for animals. No one could go about their business safely because of their enemies, since I had turned everyone against their neighbor. 11 But now I will not deal with the remnant of this people as I did in the past,” declares the Lord Almighty.

12 “The seed will grow well, the vine will yield its fruit, the ground will produce its crops, and the heavens will drop their dew. I will give all these things as an inheritance to the remnant of this people. 13 Just as you, Judah and Israel, have been a curse[a] among the nations, so I will save you, and you will be a blessing.[b] Do not be afraid, but let your hands be strong.”

14 This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Just as I had determined to bring disaster on you and showed no pity when your ancestors angered me,” says the Lord Almighty, 15 “so now I have determined to do good again to Jerusalem and Judah. Do not be afraid. 16 These are the things you are to do: Speak the truth to each other, and render true and sound judgment in your courts; 17 do not plot evil against each other, and do not love to swear falsely. I hate all this,” declares the Lord

For some reason Israel has ALWAYS been controversial as clearly indicated by the Bible and Jerusalem is key to its existence as God and the scriptures are always on about jerusalem.

Zechariah says IT MAY SEEM MARVELOUS TO THE PEOPLE OF THAT TIME BUT NOT TO GOD. today this is causing a major uproar the world over as they find it insane and indeed marvelous but God is unmoved. He has said it and it will SURELY come to pass.

Now God is about to cause a change using people. Before God does anything he sends a man. A man steadfast and unshaken. He may not be perfect but still has an assignment for such a time as it is required. Trump is in all forms such a man with no scrupples.

Zechariah 8 verse 7 says I WILL SAVE MY PEOPLE FROM THE COUNTRIES OF THE EAST AND THE WEST. This clearly shows the direction the major opposition would come from. All Arab (MIDDLE EASTERN) nations would rise against this but God has said LET THE HAND OF ISRAEL BE STRONG. in other words they should not fear or be moved. This prophecy is set in stone.

Scripture says in Zechariah as well that they should not be afraid at this move but rather let their hands be strong. This means there would be MAJOR OPPOSITION to this move and probably wars and rumours of war but all God wants is that they be strong and steadfast.

Jerusalem is taking its rightful place as declared by God. America is the worlds most powerful nation and a declaration from them is final when they put their foot down. If God could harden the heart of Pharaoh against the Israelites he can also harden the heart of Trump FOR ISRAEL.

one Pharaoh punished and another Pharaoh freed.

Glory be to God.

2 Likes

Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by butterflyl1on: 10:27am On Dec 07, 2017
chemystery:

Misplaced priorities you say? I guess you are part of Gods round table and inner caucus to even know about him having any priorities before having them misplaced.
Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by chemystery: 10:49am On Dec 07, 2017
sonmvayina:

Jesus is NOT the Jewish messiah, the Long awaited messiah has not come , his name will be David as all the scripture says..and he will be a king... Meaning a leader...
Something tells me he is Donald Trump....I will post the messianic prophesies soon..
Damn! How did I miss that? Trump is for sure the true Messiah !
Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by chocolatemom(f): 10:59am On Dec 07, 2017
Hallelujah! Yahweh the same today, yesterday and forever.Heaven and earth may pass away but his words must surely come to pass ,blessed be his Holy name.

2 Likes

Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by butterflyl1on: 11:16am On Dec 07, 2017
This is the full text of Donald Trumps speech declaring JERUSALEM AS THE CAPITAL OF ISRAEL.

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you. When I came into office, I promised to look at the world’s challenges with open eyes and very fresh thinking. We cannot solve our problems by making the same failed assumptions and repeating the same failed strategies of the past. Old challenges demand new approaches.

My announcement today marks the beginning of a new approach to conflict between Israel and the Palestinians.

In 1995, Congress adopted the Jerusalem Embassy Act, urging the federal government to relocate the American embassy to Jerusalem and to recognize that that city — and so importantly — is Israel’s capital. This act passed Congress by an overwhelming bipartisan majority and was reaffirmed by a unanimous vote of the Senate only six months ago.

Yet, for over 20 years, every previous American president has exercised the law’s waiver, refusing to move the US embassy to Jerusalem or to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital city

Presidents issued these waivers under the belief that delaying the recognition of Jerusalem would advance the cause of peace. Some say they lacked courage, but they made their best judgments based on facts as they understood them at the time. Nevertheless, the record is in. After more than two decades of waivers, we are no closer to a lasting peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians. It would be folly to assume that repeating the exact same formula would now produce a different or better result.

Therefore, I have determined that it is time to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

While previous presidents have made this a major campaign promise, they failed to deliver. Today, I am delivering.

I’ve judged this course of action to be in the best interests of the United States of America and the pursuit of peace between Israel and the Palestinians. This is a long-overdue step to advance the peace process and to work towards a lasting agreement.

Israel is a sovereign nation with the right like every other sovereign nation to determine its own capital. Acknowledging this as a fact is a necessary condition for achieving peace.

It was 70 years ago that the United States, under President Truman, recognized the State of Israel. Ever since then, Israel has made its capital in the city of Jerusalem — the capital the Jewish people established in ancient times. Today, Jerusalem is the seat of the modern Israeli government. It is the home of the Israeli parliament, the Knesset, as well as the Israeli Supreme Court. It is the location of the official residence of the Prime Minister and the President. It is the headquarters of many government ministries.

For decades, visiting American presidents, secretaries of state, and military leaders have met their Israeli counterparts in Jerusalem, as I did on my trip to Israel earlier this year.

Jerusalem is not just the heart of three great religions, but it is now also the heart of one of the most successful democracies in the world. Over the past seven decades, the Israeli people have built a country where Jews, Muslims, and Christians, and people of all faiths are free to live and worship according to their conscience and according to their beliefs.

Jerusalem is today, and must remain, a place where Jews pray at the Western Wall, where Christians walk the Stations of the Cross, and where Muslims worship at Al-Aqsa Mosque.

However, through all of these years, presidents representing the United States have declined to officially recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. In fact, we have declined to acknowledge any Israeli capital at all.

But today, we finally acknowledge the obvious: that Jerusalem is Israel’s capital. This is nothing more, or less, than a recognition of reality. It is also the right thing to do. It’s something that has to be done.

That is why, consistent with the Jerusalem Embassy Act, I am also directing the State Department to begin preparation to move the American embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. This will immediately begin the process of hiring architects, engineers, and planners, so that a new embassy, when completed, will be a magnificent tribute to peace.

In making these announcements, I also want to make one point very clear: This decision is not intended, in any way, to reflect a departure from our strong commitment to facilitate a lasting peace agreement. We want an agreement that is a great deal for the Israelis and a great deal for the Palestinians. We are not taking a position on any final status issues, including the specific boundaries of the Israeli sovereignty in Jerusalem, or the resolution of contested borders. Those questions are up to the parties involved.

The United States remains deeply committed to helping facilitate a peace agreement that is acceptable to both sides. I intend to do everything in my power to help forge such an agreement. Without question, Jerusalem is one of the most sensitive issues in those talks. The United States would support a two-state solution if agreed to by both sides.

In the meantime, I call on all parties to maintain the status quo at Jerusalem’s holy sites, including the Temple Mount, also known as Haram al-Sharif.

Above all, our greatest hope is for peace, the universal yearning in every human soul. With today’s action, I reaffirm my administration’s longstanding commitment to a future of peace and security for the region.

There will, of course, be disagreement and dissent regarding this announcement. But we are confident that ultimately, as we work through these disagreements, we will arrive at a peace and a place far greater in understanding and cooperation.

This sacred city should call forth the best in humanity, lifting our sights to what it is possible; not pulling us back and down to the old fights that have become so totally predictable. Peace is never beyond the grasp of those willing to reach.

So today, we call for calm, for moderation, and for the voices of tolerance to prevail over the purveyors of hate. Our children should inherit our love, not our conflicts.

I repeat the message I delivered at the historic and extraordinary summit in Saudi Arabia earlier this year: The Middle East is a region rich with culture, spirit, and history. Its people are brilliant, proud, and diverse, vibrant and strong. But the incredible future awaiting this region is held at bay by bloodshed, ignorance, and terror.

Vice President Pence will travel to the region in the coming days to reaffirm our commitment to work with partners throughout the Middle East to defeat radicalism that threatens the hopes and dreams of future generations.

It is time for the many who desire peace to expel the extremists from their midst. It is time for all civilized nations, and people, to respond to disagreement with reasoned debate –- not violence

And it is time for young and moderate voices all across the Middle East to claim for themselves a bright and beautiful future.

So today, let us rededicate ourselves to a path of mutual understanding and respect. Let us rethink old assumptions and open our hearts and minds to possible and possibilities. And finally, I ask the leaders of the region — political and religious; Israeli and Palestinian; Jewish and Christian and Muslim — to join us in the noble quest for lasting peace.

Thank you. God bless you. God bless Israel. God bless the Palestinians. And God bless the United States. Thank you very much. Thank you.

(The proclamation is signed.)

grin grin grin

TRUMP IS MAN OF THE YEAR BY A BILLION MILES.
Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by jonbellion(m): 11:23am On Dec 07, 2017
Foolish thread

1 Like

Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by jonbellion(m): 11:26am On Dec 07, 2017
Only a fool will applaud this
The annoying thing is that isreal is a jewsish state. So what is the joy about when God's own chosen state does not even recognise Jesus as the messiah
Una go just dey reason with your assholes

1 Like

Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by butterflyl1on: 11:26am On Dec 07, 2017
jonbellion:
Foolish thread

More LIKE FOOLISH HEAD you have for lacking knowledge in prophetic direction. You think we are just roaming as a world and as a people? Your eye will clear very soon. Hopefully it wouldn't be too late for you grin
Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by butterflyl1on: 11:28am On Dec 07, 2017
jonbellion:
Only a fool will applaud this
The annoying thing is that isreal is a jewsish state. So what is the joy about when God's own chosen state does not even recognise Jesus as the messiah
Una go just dey reason with your assholes

The joy is fulfilment of prophecy. Their lack of recognition of the Messiah shouldn't concern you. Even that aspect has been declared by God himself in same prophecy. He is gathering them. cheesy

Never ever ever think you know what God doesn't.

E go do you vaaam for eye. grin
Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by dalaman: 12:00pm On Dec 07, 2017
butterflyl1on:

The joy is fulfilment of prophecy. Their lack of recognition of the Messiah shouldn't concern you. Even that aspect has been declared by God himself in same prophecy. He is gathering them. cheesy

He is gathering them? They've been gathered there for many years na. What specifically has the thrash written in Zechariah got to do with Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel?

1 Like

Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by dalaman: 12:01pm On Dec 07, 2017
butterflyl1on:

The joy is fulfilment of prophecy. Their lack of recognition of the Messiah shouldn't concern youthat aspect has been declared by God himself in same prophecy. He is gathering them. cheesy

He is gathering them? They've been gathered there for many years na. What specifically has the thrash written in Zechariah got to do with Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel?
Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by dalaman: 12:05pm On Dec 07, 2017
butterflyl1on:
For those who are just talking ignorantly. Prophesy does not need to specifically mention names but can speficically talk about outcome.

I will post Zechariah 8 verse 1 to 16 again and highlight some major points

14 This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Just as I had determined to bring disaster on you and showed no pity when your ancestors angered me,” says the Lord Almighty, 15 “so now I have determined to do good again to Jerusalem and Judah. Do not be afraid. 16 These are the things you are to do: Speak the truth to each other, and render true and sound judgment in your courts; 17 do not plot evil against each other, and do not love to swear falsely. I hate all this,” declares the Lord

For some reason Israel has ALWAYS been controversial as clearly indicated by the Bible and Jerusalem is key to its existence as God and the scriptures are always on about jerusalem.

Zechariah says IT MAY SEEM MARVELOUS TO THE PEOPLE OF THAT TIME BUT NOT TO GOD. today this is causing a major uproar the world over as they find it insane and indeed marvelous but God is unmoved. He has said it and it will SURELY come to pass.

Now God is about to cause a change using people. Before God does anything he sends a man. A man steadfast and unshaken. He may not be perfect but still has an assignment for such a time as it is required. Trump is in all forms such a man with no scrupples.

Zechariah 8 verse 7 says I WILL SAVE MY PEOPLE FROM THE COUNTRIES OF THE EAST AND THE WEST. This clearly shows the direction the major opposition would come from. All Arab (MIDDLE EASTERN) nations would rise against this but God has said LET THE HAND OF ISRAEL BE STRONG. in other words they should not fear or be moved. This prophecy is set in stone.

Scripture says in Zechariah as well that they should not be afraid at this move but rather let their hands be strong. This means there would be MAJOR OPPOSITION to this move and probably wars and rumours of war but all God wants is that they be strong and steadfast.

Jerusalem is taking its rightful place as declared by God. America is the worlds most powerful nation and a declaration from them is final when they put their foot down. If God could harden the heart of Pharaoh against the Israelites he can also harden the heart of Trump FOR ISRAEL.

one Pharaoh punished and another Pharaoh freed.

Glory be to God.

Where does it say that the US will recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel ? All I saw is that zion will dwell in Jerusalem and that the people should be strong. What has that got to do with anything?
Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by butterflyl1on: 12:11pm On Dec 07, 2017
dalaman:

Where does it say that the US will recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel ? All I saw is that zion will dwell in Jerusalem and that the people should be strong. What has that got to do with anything?

grin grin

Of course that's all you saw wink
Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by dalaman: 12:38pm On Dec 07, 2017
butterflyl1on:

grin grin

Of course that's all you saw wink

Show me the prophecy and how the recognition of Jerusalem as the capital city of Israel by Trump mean anything or fulfills it.

1 Like

Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by chemystery: 12:43pm On Dec 07, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Misplaced priorities you say? I guess you are part of Gods round table and inner caucus to even know about him having any priorities before having them misplaced.
Yes butterflyl1on aka NightWisp, I was part of them. Can I rest now?
Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by butterflyl1on: 12:57pm On Dec 07, 2017
chemystery:
Yes butterflyl1on aka NightWisp, I was part of them. Can I rest now?

LMAO you were part of what? An atheist now believes in God. So if you were part of Gods inner caucus does this not first mean that God exists but you opted out?

LMAO inner caucus dreamer.

Number 2 did you have a dream about me being the one you call nightwisp? I am sure you are still dreaming and haven't woken up yet. It's Dawn already. Wake up and go to work.
Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by jonbellion(m): 1:04pm On Dec 07, 2017
[quote author=butterflyl1on post=63059641]

[s]The joy is fulfilment of prophecy. Their lack of recognition of the Messiah shouldn't concern you. Even that aspect has been declared by God himself in same prophecy. He is gathering them. cheesy

E go do you vaaam for eye. grin[[/s]/quote]what the Bleep are you saying
slowpoke
The same bible that said nobody will occupy Egypt for 40 years. Where in the history of Egypt did that happen. This is a completely political move between Jews and Arabs. Una be minority for middle east get your head out of your ass.

1 Like

Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by butterflyl1on: 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2017
[quote author=jonbellion post=63062365][/quote]

LMAO show this scripture you talk about let me shame you now now now. grin
Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by butterflyl1on: 1:18pm On Dec 07, 2017
[quote author=jonbellion post=63062365][/quote]

So this political move just had to match an almost 3000 year old prophecy word for word?

Israel
Jerusalem
Middle east
Restore Jerusalem to Israel
People (Nations) would marvel (be shocked) by it

We are seeing all of this unfold as afore declared and you call it a political move. As I said earlier, E GO DO YOU VAAM FOR EYE grin

You say Israel is a minority yet the whole world cannot get enough of her. Yet the majorities cannot overrun her even as a coalition. Yet anything happening in this your so called minority nation somehow has the ability to shake the whole world grin

Indeed Gods eye is on Israel but your own eye e go do am vaaam cheesy

1 Like

Re: Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem by hakeem4(m): 2:56pm On Dec 07, 2017
sonmvayina:

that’s how some people say Obama is the anti Christ

Better face the problem in your country and leave other nations

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Born Again?? Singles?? Searching?? / Richest Churches In The World / Do All Good People Go To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.