Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,480 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Udeze Reveals ‘juju’ Experience In Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Udeze Reveals ‘juju’ Experience In Football (452 Views)

Eguavoen Was Not In Charge Of Eagles –udeze / Udeze Urges Iwobi To Leave Everton / Find A Good Left-back ! Udeze Warns Gernot Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Udeze Reveals ‘juju’ Experience In Football by PenPrince07: 2:09pm On Dec 07, 2017
Former Super Eagles star Ifeanyi Udeze has revealed that he left a team because of ”juju.”

Udeze, who was part of Nigeria’s 2002 World Cup squad, recalled that he went to Ivory Coast for trial and performed well in his first outing.

He, however, said that on the second day, he could not play well. The defender said he noticed pains on his ankle and had to run back home.

Advertise With Us

“When I went to England, I was at Birmingham with an Ivorian player on try-outs before I eventually joined West Brom,” he told Brila FM.

“Just before training, we were chatting but I noticed he pulled out a set of talisman and tied one on the arm and the other around the waist.”

He also said: “The first ever club I played for was in Cotonou. The first day, I was spectacular in training dribbling everybody down the wing to score.

“Shocking thing was the next day I couldn’t pass the ball or even hold on to it.

“The Coach who took me there then drove me to his house where he hit my aching knee with some substance and I felt a sharp pain and something like a pin fell through it.

“I packed my stuff that day and ran back home.”
https://www.concisenews.global/news/udeze-shares-ordeal-juju-football/

(1) (Reply)

Free 2+ Odds Every Day For A Week / President Buhari To Watch Super Eagles Friendly In Abuja Six Years After He Did / Ndidi Rated Europe’s Most Successful Tackler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.