Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React (20385 Views)

Enugu: Three-Storey Building Marked For Demolition Collapses / "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" / The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 08, 2017
Ignorance is bliss in this country and the mediocrity of us Nigerians is just appalling, if you intend to buy a land or build a house, do the necessary due diligence, visit the bureau of lands at Alausa for proper investigation into said land and also get the right building approval from the physical planning and urban development Alausa to prevent stories that touch

Do not buy a land from baba Mulika who issues you only receipts without you conducting proper due diligence on said land you intend purchasing, also do not go ahead an build an illegal structure on said land and expect government to do nothing. A society without rules is a chaotic one.

We have a regulatory system in this country and anyone who does contrary to its rules should be punished. I support the demolition of those buildings and any other the government feels has infringed on its rules and laws.

Compensation or resettlement isn't deserved in this situation, we should learn to do things the right way.

Nigerias playing the victim card since 200BC

2 Likes

Re: Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React by Dannyset(m): 7:23am On Dec 08, 2017
Royalfurnitures:
The govt should make sure that all affected are compensated

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture

Govt don't compensate without you having the needed documents.
Re: Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React by money121(m): 7:23am On Dec 08, 2017
Alao046:

shebi na on top your head them want build am abi or does your sense not tell you dat the city is already filled and overpopulated. They have to demolish some houses for expansion of roads and constructions of other essential things.

No na On Top ur head tongue
Re: Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React by Dannyset(m): 7:26am On Dec 08, 2017
Ollymurs:
Ignorance is bliss in this country and the mediocrity of us Nigerians is just appalling, if you intend to buy a land or build a house, do the necessary due diligence, visit the bureau of lands at Alausa for proper investigation into said land and also get the right building approval from the physical planning and urban development Alausa to prevent stories that touch

Do not buy a land from baba Mulika who issues you only receipts without you conducting proper due diligence on said land you intend purchasing, also do not go ahead an build an illegal structure on said land and expect government to do nothing. A society without rules is a chaotic one.

We have a regulatory system in this country and anyone who does contrary to its rules should be punished. I support the demolition of those buildings and any other the government feels has infringed on its rules and laws.

Compensation or resettlement isn't deserved in this situation, we should learn to do things the right way.

People don't really know that the law doesn't come with sentiment
Re: Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React by buchilino(m): 7:26am On Dec 08, 2017
DIS IS Y I FIND IT VERY HARD TO BUY A LAND IN LAGOS. AFTER SPENDING MILLIONS TO BUY N DEVELOP A PROPERTY, GOVT WILL WAKEUP ONE DAY N SAY IT'S ILLEGAL WITHOUT ANY COMPENSATION, DEMOLISH D HOUSE. I FEEL 4 LAND OWNERS.
Re: Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React by ifyalways(f): 7:38am On Dec 08, 2017
When this same citizens were battling with Badoo, the government was nowhere to be found. . .
Re: Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React by kybee(m): 7:54am On Dec 08, 2017
Alao046:

shebi na on top your head them want build am abi or does your sense not tell you dat the city is already filled and overpopulated. They have to demolish some houses for expansion of roads and constructions of other essential things.
Bleep u and ur comment. Na now dem too wake up. Na now dem wan expand road and raise some necessary shit. Am so sure u still live in the 1956 mod house

2 Likes

Re: Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React by atoleybaba(m): 8:03am On Dec 08, 2017
tobidipity:
Compensation should come first before demolition. E no easy make busy build house come dey watch it been demolished. Na bad thing o. Talking from experience. Depression go set in straight
that is if u av c of o
Re: Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 08, 2017
ibedun:

Chukwu ba wo? For this Lagos?

yes na. I have a lot fellas there in Ikorodu o.
Re: Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React by Dollabiz: 8:09am On Dec 08, 2017
Oh
Re: Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React by odofinerujeje(m): 8:41am On Dec 08, 2017
Govt should have mercy on the affected house owners.

Check my signature For spiritual help.
Re: Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React by Category1: 8:56am On Dec 08, 2017
Ollymurs:

thunder go strike ur hand

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 08, 2017
Category1:
thunder go strike ur hand

Why rain curses on yourself na? If you have a different opinion to my assertions why dont you say it ehn?

And you claim to be a proud christian, why are you exhibiting an uncouth behaviour?

Re: Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:05am On Dec 08, 2017
Osucoward:

If illegal structures, the government shouldn’t compensate them.

The government must stop enabling illegal activities.

Government hold on land is illegal itself. The land act must be revisited because it was a military decree which civilian government is applying due to their selfish reasons. Even if you have all the legal land papers, should government demolish such a house, government will never compensate the owner fully. I witnessed a house that has all legal papers, when it was about to be destroyed, government asked the owner to remove all the iron doors, burglary, the roofing sheet and some other things, the governent will only be responsible for the blocks and cement as we as a token for the land. Government have no reason to be destroying people's properties. If you apply for these papers from government, they will rip you off and frustrate you.
Re: Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React by ThinkWISELY(m): 9:09am On Dec 08, 2017
money121:
Okay
Material: *Aluminum (0.55mm thick)*
Client: Nairalander
Style: *Metcopo*
Color: Grey Biegi
Site Location: Apata Area Ibadan Oyo state
*Roof:* 797m @ N2000/mtr = *N1,594,000*
*Flat Sheet:* 150.3m @ N1900/mtr = *N285,570*

*Accessories:* = *N50,000*
*Bending fees* = *N12,000*

*Workmanship* =90,000
*Transportation* =28,000

*Total* = *N2,059,570*
Call/WhatsApp 08085310359 For Your Next Roofing Project

very clean job ,your price tho.

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React by talk2percy(m): 9:09am On Dec 08, 2017
APC government, government of destruction. Just like Rochas dey demolish upandan and erecting statues.
Re: Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React by Ojuororun(m): 9:24am On Dec 08, 2017
olatunyemi:
This is bullshit, what is building plan sef after I bought land and erect my structure the way I want?
This is not democracy
so waitin e be grin E BE CRAZYDEMO cheesy
Re: Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 08, 2017
Osucoward:

People need to be educated when buying land. When my mother wanted to buy a land she went to the Town planning office then just to be sure her house won't be marked for demolition in 10years time and they showed her a blue print of places that are meant to be residential areas, markets and roads. People will just see awoof land and buy without verifying. I feel sad for them sha.
Re: Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React by Tonistack: 9:46am On Dec 08, 2017
Osucoward:

Osucoward:

Osucoward:

Only houses with C of O should be compensated
Re: Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React by money121(m): 10:37am On Dec 08, 2017
ThinkWISELY:

very clean job ,your price tho.

Thanks sir.. Contact me we can still talk about the price
Re: Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React by olatunyemi(m): 11:10pm On Dec 08, 2017
Ojuororun:
so waitin e be grin E BE CRAZYDEMO cheesy
oluwa sanu wa momoje kaje go

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Can One Build On A 30FT X 120ft (half A Plot) / Tips From A Property Lawyer About Renting & Sale Of Property Especially In Lagos / This Building Belongs To Chairman Of AA Oil; He Bought The Land For N1billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.