Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,055 members, 7,807,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? (6466 Views)

Poll: Do You Still?

Yes: 56% (40 votes)
No: 43% (31 votes)
This poll has ended

8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time / Watch Nigerian Movies Online For Free / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by otukpo(f): 2:27pm On Apr 01, 2010
It is the part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 thing i hate most.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by TPS360: 4:30pm On Apr 01, 2010
Something is wrong with the industry, I remember em' earlly 90's, 3 hour/ 2 hour long educative and interesting movies both yoruba and igbo movies but now, ??

2 hour movie, almost 1 hour of promo, sucks!, I dont watch anymore, em movies can reduce someones IQ
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by trustme1: 10:23pm On Apr 01, 2010
I still do, though i am very selective.

BUT I WILL URGE NIGERIANS TO START WATCHING AMSTEL MALTA BOX OFFICE FILMS, directed by IZU OJUKWU or so. they are very very good. it is the fresh air many nigerians are looking for from nollywood.

the story lines are perfect and the acting is gbam. and they are always featuring new faces.

pls nairalanders instead of completely criticizing and moving on, why dont we soften our hard criticisms with some constructive solutions. we are all nigerians, and no one can build us up if not ourselves.

LET US BUILD US UP!
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Obelomo: 11:42pm On Apr 01, 2010
Also, I hate the too many unnecessary parts especially in the English films. Many films I would forward many dragged repetitive scenes and take the movie off. Later I will found out part two is so good and you actually know what the movie is about.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by doyinrom: 12:09am On Apr 02, 2010
well, u don't av to condemn Nigerian films, we should always encourage dem no matter wat dey do, lets rebrand Nigeria n ii starts from me n u, sad
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by kayality: 2:18am On Apr 02, 2010
the worst part of it is that some Nigeria movies copy Bollywood movies especially yoruba without changing any thing
e.g Lagos to Benin and Dada Awuri etc
Nigeria movies we improve may be in next 30 years coming
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Oba234: 5:27am On Apr 02, 2010
I mostly watch Yoruba movies because I find it entertaining and I also learn my language more by watching those movies. English Nollywod movies are bad. They bored teh crap out of me.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Ruq: 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2010
It's so fuckin borin! i kant watch it for 5mins wthout komplainlin! they should know that our finkin is way out of the old era what they do now is pureee shittttttttttttttt!
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by SeanT21(f): 9:16pm On Apr 02, 2010
Yes, but only the good ones, usually starring Gen or Omo.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by lonelydude: 9:32pm On Apr 02, 2010
You guys and ladies should take it easy with all these criticism. Don't you think you should at least encourage them along with sound advice rather than your destructive criticism? I think they should have emails for feedbacks.

And for those of you who are comparing our films with western films, I think you should have known that financially, scientifically, e.t.c., we ain't the same although very few of our movies are coming up.

However, For me, I use the nigerian movies I watch to ease off stress especially the ones with MR IBU. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I'M not a movie freak though, I rather watch all the volumes of A NIGHT OF A THOUSAND LAUGHS or MADE IN WARRI.

Laughter is a good medicine. A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones" (Proverbs 17:22, NIV).
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by lonelydude: 9:51pm On Apr 02, 2010
This is what I'm saying ladies and guys, this 'Clinic Matters' ladies will not kill me with laughter,  grin grin grin
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by kcblast(m): 2:49pm On Apr 05, 2010
heel no, cos they are way far back in movie.
i will start watching home movie when is improved 2 west-side parttern cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by kcblast(m): 2:51pm On Apr 05, 2010
lonelydude:

This is what I'm saying ladies and guys, this 'Clinic Matters' ladies will not kill me with laughter,  grin grin grin
guy i dey feel ur name oooo
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by kcblast(m): 2:55pm On Apr 05, 2010
kiss
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 05, 2010
They make movies on camcorders and also they say in Nigerian movies, it's usually the cameraman that has an accident trying to re-enact a crash scene simply by running left - right - left, accompanied with dramatic sound effects for good measure.

But cant deny some movies stand out though.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Ruq: 11:37am On Apr 06, 2010
Am sorry but to all of ya watchin' clinic matters you must be RETARDED!!! HEAVILY!
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Obelomo: 5:08pm On Apr 07, 2010
I admit I do watch a lot of naija fims, especailly the Yoruba ones! Naija make too much movies that they are not concerned about the storylines, only the money. All my comments are more of corrections they need to make than criticisms.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by teeluv(m): 7:47pm On Apr 07, 2010
i guess i must be really old skool.didnt know naija films still existed,
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:14pm On Apr 11, 2010
cheesy cheesy cheesy
teeluv:

i guess i must be really old skool.didnt know naija films still existed,
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by parislomo(f): 7:38pm On Apr 11, 2010
just saw this one GUILTY PLEASURES & it's really so different from the usual.
Directed by Daniel Ademinokun & Desmond Elliot. Produced by Emem Isong
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Obelomo: 1:22am On Apr 14, 2010
Another problem that they have is putting R rated prolonged commercials in family movies, like that stupid movie Heart of men! Anybody can watch films with their kids do they even need to show almost everthing, especially Majid nasty behind. Also, one old Yoruba comedy film Larinloodu part 1 they showed repeated adverts of a nasty Fuji commercial w/women in G-strings,etc. shaking their big behinds. I still enjoy naija films especially the yoruba ones, but Nollywood needs a lot of improvements.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Ruq: 7:55pm On Apr 16, 2010
They still suck no matter wat they try to achieve! fuk Nollywood & Gollywood they both have same reasoning

IMAGINE A FILM HAVING PART FOUR ON THE SAME STORY AIN'T THAT STUPID?
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by tessadoghorgma(f): 11:49am On Aug 15, 2019
I am selective.

Watch the super nice ones like 'The Wedding Party

I am proud of Nollywood and what they have achieved. It is one of the things that work in Nigeria that I value.

www (dot) imagineitincorporated (dot) (dot) com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Apprentice 2010 / Gulder Ultimate Search Season 8 / Funny Titles Of Nigerian Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.