Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Meet The World’s Richest YouTuber Of 2017.Earned £12m For Playing Computer Games - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet The World’s Richest YouTuber Of 2017.Earned £12m For Playing Computer Games (3071 Views)

Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) / Comedy Wildlife Awards-These Are The Funniest Wildlife Photos Of 2017 / Watch Out For The Release Of 2017/2018 Unilag Post Graduate Screening Exercise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The World’s Richest YouTuber Of 2017.Earned £12m For Playing Computer Games by obafemee80(m): 12:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
[img]http:///a/img924/1922/s5F4oY.jpg[/img]

[img]http:///a/img923/448/Ps8PDg.jpg[/img]

The world's richest YouTuber is a former Tesco worker from Hampshire.
Dan Middleton, 26, raked in a staggering £12.3MILLION from his channel in 2017, according to Forbes.

Better known to his legion of fans as DanTDM, he posts videos of him playing popular computer games and offers tips.

The video-sharing site gives 'professional' YouTubers around 68 per cent of advertising profits.

And with an army of 16 million subscribers, that means Dan's videos are hugely profitable.

He recently performed on a live tour including a stop at the Sydney Opera House which was the second fastest-selling show in the venue's history.

Mr Middleton, from Aldershot, began his career posting videos of him playing Pokemon while at university.

He is now mostly known for his expertise on Minecraft, a game which involves building a 3D world.

Speaking about his success, Mr Middleton admitted he has been left a little overwhelmed: "It's something I was just not prepared for at all.

"It’s something I’ve slowly been learning about in the past three or four years. In the past five years YouTube has evolved. Being a YouTuber was not a thing before.

"I know people that make similar content to me who are 30 or 40 years old so I don’t think there is an age limit to it at all."

In total his videos have been viewed more than 10 billion times.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/former-tesco-worker-worlds-richest-11658813

Lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: Meet The World’s Richest YouTuber Of 2017.Earned £12m For Playing Computer Games by obafemee80(m): 12:24pm On Dec 08, 2017
Hmmm thats a lot of money

YouTubers can generally make about £1.10 for every 1,000 views.

Cc Lalasticlala , Mynd44

4 Likes

Re: Meet The World’s Richest YouTuber Of 2017.Earned £12m For Playing Computer Games by medexico(m): 12:45pm On Dec 08, 2017
This kind news will discourage school boys

4 Likes

Re: Meet The World’s Richest YouTuber Of 2017.Earned £12m For Playing Computer Games by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 08, 2017
Wooow.....he earns millions by playing games and posting it online? I'm sure someone must have told him dat he will never make it in in life

4 Likes

Re: Meet The World’s Richest YouTuber Of 2017.Earned £12m For Playing Computer Games by Desyner: 5:45pm On Dec 08, 2017
obafemee80:
Hmmm thats a lot of money

YouTubers can generally make about £1.10 for every 1,000 views.

Cc Lalasticlala
Mynd44
The formula isn't linear as you depict here. It varies as there are IFs.
The funny thing is people don't go after their basic needs again but wants.

We now live in a world where mechanized farming can increase output by a hundred fold and thus allow lazy folks play games all day while their food is prepared.

1 Like

Re: Meet The World’s Richest YouTuber Of 2017.Earned £12m For Playing Computer Games by ola12(m): 6:00pm On Dec 08, 2017
Was expectin to see pewdiepie tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The World’s Richest YouTuber Of 2017.Earned £12m For Playing Computer Games by thedondada(m): 6:13pm On Dec 08, 2017
Funny enough I knew of the potential.of YouTube long ago but wasn't too interested because of the poor internet service. Now I wonder.

YouTube isn't viewed as much here compared to areas where data is cheap and affordable.

Some times I spend hours watching videos on YouTube. Data consumption is functional.

YouTube is the way to go. Find your niche and tap into it. Do it at your spare time.

There's videos of people reacting to other videos too. It's crazy.

Put up.something cool and get subscribers and views that's it.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The World’s Richest YouTuber Of 2017.Earned £12m For Playing Computer Games by festwiz(m): 6:28pm On Dec 08, 2017
Actually, the richest is PewDiePie. Quick Google search will tell you all you need to know.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The World’s Richest YouTuber Of 2017.Earned £12m For Playing Computer Games by ajishomo: 7:09pm On Dec 08, 2017
Souljeezy:
Wooow.....he earns millions by playing games and posting it online?
I'm sure someone must have told him dat he will never make it in in life
Only in Naija.... kiss
Re: Meet The World’s Richest YouTuber Of 2017.Earned £12m For Playing Computer Games by Alwaysking: 7:25pm On Dec 08, 2017
Time to get my game pad and start making big cash like this.
Re: Meet The World’s Richest YouTuber Of 2017.Earned £12m For Playing Computer Games by Dollarship(m): 7:34pm On Dec 08, 2017
festwiz:
Actually, the richest is PewDiePie. Quick Google search will tell you all you need to know.
have you played that game too smiley
Re: Meet The World’s Richest YouTuber Of 2017.Earned £12m For Playing Computer Games by festwiz(m): 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2017
Dollarship:
have you played that game too smiley
Legend of the Bro fist and the Tuber Simulator? Yes. Also, i've been a subscriber since '013. I don't watch his vids as much lately though, but he is pretty cool.
Re: Meet The World’s Richest YouTuber Of 2017.Earned £12m For Playing Computer Games by Dollarship(m): 7:44pm On Dec 08, 2017
festwiz:
Legend of the Bro fist and the Tuber Simulator? Yes. Also, i've been a subscriber since '013. I don't watch his vids as much lately though, but he is pretty cool.
alright

1 Like

Re: Meet The World’s Richest YouTuber Of 2017.Earned £12m For Playing Computer Games by constance500: 7:59pm On Dec 08, 2017
9ja guys when they see this kind of news grin

1 Like

Re: Meet The World’s Richest YouTuber Of 2017.Earned £12m For Playing Computer Games by Partnerbiz(f): 6:36am On Dec 09, 2017
so much money abeg
Re: Meet The World’s Richest YouTuber Of 2017.Earned £12m For Playing Computer Games by tck2000(m): 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2019
thedondada:
Funny enough I knew of the potential.of YouTube long ago but wasn't too interested because of the poor internet service. Now I wonder.

YouTube isn't viewed as much here compared to areas where data is cheap and affordable.

Some times I spend hours watching videos on YouTube. Data consumption is functional.

YouTube is the way to go. Find your niche and tap into it. Do it at your spare time.

There's videos of people reacting to other videos too. It's crazy.

Put up.something cool and get subscribers and views that's it.
nice tip

(1) (Reply)

15 Cheapest Federal Universities In Nigeria And Courses They Offer / See How Young Your Deception Began!!! / Shell Scholarship Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.