Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

How To Manage And Use Less Data On Window 10 Using 50mb Per Hr Without Download - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Manage And Use Less Data On Window 10 Using 50mb Per Hr Without Download (1091 Views)

How To Permanently Activate Windows 10 Using CMD Free / Why Most POS Software Not Recommended On Window Systems / Turn Off Auto Update Windows 10 Using These 3 Methods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Manage And Use Less Data On Window 10 Using 50mb Per Hr Without Download by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
I remember when i upgrade my windows to window 10. unknowingly i connected my smartphone to Hotspot with my system to access the internet. it was a bad experience for me because i finish 4GB of Data without downloading a single file within 1 hour.

so i had to engage on a research and i found out there is a way i can manage my data and use 100mb in 1 hour by turning on my metered connection

Windows 10 is designed for PCs with unlimited Internet connections, and it normally uses as much of your download and upload bandwidth as it wants without asking. Setting a connection as metered puts you back in control, and it’s essential on some types of connections.

You’ll always want to do this on connections with data caps, mobile hotspots, satellite Internet connections, dial-up connections, and anything else. It gives you more control over your connection and prevents Windows from gobbling bandwidth. On the Creators Update, Microsoft now easily allows you to set a wired Ethernet connection as metered, too.

Whether you're tethered to a mobile network with a limited amount of data or you just don't want to suck up too much bandwidth from your home network, Windows 10 has a solution. The operating system features a built-in "Metered connection" mode that reduces bandwidth usage whenever you're connected to the networks you designate.

What Setting a Connection as Metered Does

Setting a connection as metered prevents Windows from automatically using bandwidth in many ways. Here’s exactly what it does:
Disables automatic downloading of most Windows updates: Windows won’t automatically download most updates from Windows Update on metered Internet connections. You’ll get a “Download” button you can click whenever you want to install updates. On the Creators Update, Microsoft has now given Windows Update permission to download critical security updates even if your connection is marked as metered. Microsoft has promised not to abuse this.
Disables automatic downloading of app updates: The Windows Store won’t automatically download updates for your installed “Store apps” on metered connections, either. Desktop apps like Chrome, Firefox, and others will continue updating themselves normally.
Disables peer-to-peer uploading of updates: On a metered connection, Windows 10 won’t use your upload bandwidth to share updates with PCs over the Internet. Windows 10 does this by default, consuming your potentially limited upload allowance to reduce Microsoft’s bandwidth bills.
Tiles may not update: Microsoft says that the live tiles on your Start menu or Start screen “may” stop updating on a metered connection.
Other apps may behave differently: Apps—particularly apps from the Windows Store—could potentially read this setting and behave differently. For example, a “universal app” BitTorrent client could potentially stop downloading automatically when connected to a metered connection.
How to Set Up a Metered Internet Connection in Windows 10
Here's how to set up a Metered Connection in Windows 10.
CHECK STEPS ON: http://olaintel..com.ng/2017/12/how-to-manage-and-use-less-data-on.html

(1) (Reply)

New Lenovo 510 For Sale. Special Offer / Which Is Better "MAC OS Or WINDOWS" ? / Death by Computer, Boeing 737 Max. Steven Wales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.