Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members (21904 Views)

NYSC Introduces Remita Pay Option As New Payment System For Corps Members / NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members (read More Details) / Nysc Launches Job Portal For Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members by sirusX(m): 5:38pm On Dec 08, 2017
Wouldn’t this be another platform for awon scammers to access data easily

Next text message you get is from one stranger telling you that he was in your platoon and would quote your state code and inform you of a job in shell and co...all you need is pay for the form angry
Re: NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members by Mekanus(m): 5:42pm On Dec 08, 2017
Useless people, you're creating portal for non existent job.
Re: NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members by mikeyung71(m): 5:42pm On Dec 08, 2017
I pray its help and works out
Re: NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members by CaptainStephen(m): 5:48pm On Dec 08, 2017
This is a good initiative
Re: NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members by Gerrard59(m): 6:03pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluntBoy:
Where are the jobs?

I am sure that somebody somewhere has pocketed over a billion naira for "creating" that portal. Thieves. They are merely exploiting graduates by using them as cheap labour.

The portal is owned by Dragnet and Gr8jobs - private entities. Where's the pocketing? Exploiting? How?

1 Like

Re: NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members by RealMillennial(m): 6:17pm On Dec 08, 2017
Coldfeets:
Job mentality continues...
And it will always be there.
Re: NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2017
Box9ja:
The National Youth Service Corps has launched a job portal that would enhance job seeking opportunities for Corps Members and also make them available for prospective employers.

NYSC Director-General, Brigadier General Sulaiman Kazaure, while speaking at the launch today in Lagos, urged Corps Members to make themselves available for job opportunities with the aid of the portal.

He added that the portal would serve as a pool for employers searching for suitable candidates and also provide a means of verification of credentials.

He, however added that the Management of National Youth Service Corps have established Zonal lntegrated Skill Centres in six different locations across the country aimed at entrenching entrepreneurship among Corps Members.

In her keynote address, the Managing Director, Gr8jobs Limited, Mrs Omomene Odike, emphasized the need for every job seeker to acquire relevant information in order to survive in the competitive job market.

She said there was the need to reduce unemployment in Nigeria while she urged Corps Members to upload their data on relevant portals.

NYSC Lagos Statec Coordinator, Prince Mohammed Momoh, said the NYSC Lagos initiative would reduce the stress of job search among Corps Members.

http://www.box9ja.com/2017/12/nysc-launches-job-portal-for-corps.html

Re: NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members by Bifrost: 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2017
But where are the jobs?
Re: NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members by BluntBoy(m): 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2017
Gerrard59:

The portal is owned by Dragnet and Gr8jobs - private entities. Where's the pocketing? Exploiting? How?

Sorry for answering your question with a question.

Would NYSC be using the portal for free?
Re: NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members by Gerrard59(m): 7:47pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluntBoy:

Sorry for answering your question with a question.

Would NYSC be using the portal for free?

Well, I'm not privy to the agreement amongst the parties.
Re: NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members by BluntBoy(m): 8:16pm On Dec 08, 2017
Gerrard59:

Well, I'm not privy to the agreement amongst the parties.

OK.

What I am trying to point out is the rot in our political system.

You would be surprised that money for this portal would be captured in the budget allocation for NYSC. It is like the 78 million naira Fashola website scandal. The contractors got 10 million naira for upgrading the website but 78 million naira was approved for the budget. Since only 10 million naira went to the contractors, what then happened to the remaining 68 million naira?

As for the exploitation of graduates, it is an obvious fact. Where government should employ teachers and pay them according to levels, they would rather use graduates and pay them a meagre 19, 800 naira. The NYSC budget allocation has always been captured in the budget in billions of naira but yet graduates are always being ripped off endlessly. Graduates deserve better.
Re: NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members by Phunkyposh(f): 8:17pm On Dec 08, 2017
Medicine after death....
This should work side by side with the scheme. .After the scheme, employers can pull fresh graduate here but the Nigerian factor will come in to play sooner or later plus the lack of maintenance culture. undecided undecided.....
Fingers crossed all the same
Re: NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:29pm On Dec 08, 2017
tow know more and how to create account, register and apply for job visit www.valentine202.com
Re: NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members by slurity1: 8:37pm On Dec 08, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
angry angry wink grin grin grin grin grin those THIEVES should give account of the money dey deducted from yoot kopa allawe @ the end of service year
what are you talking about?

Re: NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members by Tphoto1(m): 9:07pm On Dec 08, 2017
Heard fg wants to increase their allowee....
Presently their feeding allowance is #500 daily
Fg shud really do sumtin
Re: NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members by matrixme(m): 11:01pm On Dec 08, 2017
The project is dead on arrival. Let's face it, how many employers really want to recruit entry level jobs seekers armed with their university degrees and nothing else into their establishment? Well, except banks who would rather hunt for fresh HND graduates they can enslave as contract staff, the chances of zero exposure in today's job market is getting slimmer by the day.
Despite the fact that I have more than 3 years and counting professional experiences at diverse places and still maintaining a full time job, an employer I applied to some few weeks ago bluntly told me that he doesn't wish to recruit a freshman out of school and would call me if he needs me. I actually felt insulted.
Though the idea sounds nice but the practicality, compared with established career agencies like Jobberman is very subtle. Many jobs on Jobberman will not even let you apply without a particular number of years of experience. I think NYSC should just focus on developing corpers practically along the line of their course and not storing CV's to give false hope.
Re: NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members by Donpolite: 12:42am On Dec 09, 2017
good move
Re: NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members by Firstcalljob: 8:42am On Dec 09, 2017
See How To Apply For Job On NYSC Job Portal. The National Youth Service Corps has made it easy for all corps members to be fully get employed by creating a platform to provide job opportunities for them. All corps members are by this notice advised making good use of this opportunity. See how to Get started here
Re: NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members by nkemjacob2(m): 10:03am On Dec 09, 2017
Another means to loot... D portal is rubbish.....

FG need to investigate corpers uniform and feeding in camp their is huge corruption in the system
Re: NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members by showb65: 10:44am On Dec 09, 2017
Good job
Re: NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:24am On Dec 10, 2017
yes the portal is open now and working. ..for more on this and how to register so as to apply for the jobs online, visit
www.valentine202.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akwa-Ibom Corper Dies After Slumping During Football Match / NYSC : Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading / Nysc Corpers Protest against Unsolicited Debits by Access Bank (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.