Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,863 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:06 AM

Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence (27932 Views)

45 A.B.U Students Graduated From Chinese University In Railway Engineering / Photos From The Center Of Excellence Of A.B.U. Zaria / A.B.U Zaria 2017/2018 Post-UTME Screening Guidelines And Examination Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by shams040(m): 8:33am On Dec 09, 2017
mcb60:
for those of us who are asking why ABU? I want to put it to your knowledge that the excellence centre project is a world bank project on academics and research across Africa. the money is disbursed to various nation's Central banks. that of Nigeria is not only located at ABU there is one I know of at the University of Ibadan and and one at the University of Port Harcourt and I believe there would be more. The one at the university of Ibadan has been under construction for the past five or 6 years now. and it's almost finished. I can put it to you that it's 300% bigger than this one. you can search the excellence center on Google to get more info...

There is one in unilag too
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by haftob(m): 8:35am On Dec 09, 2017
mcb60:
for those of us who are asking why ABU? I want to put it to your knowledge that the excellence centre project is a world bank project on academics and research across Africa. the money is disbursed to various nation's Central banks. that of Nigeria is not only located at ABU there is one I know of at the University of Ibadan and and one at the University of Port Harcourt and I believe there would be more. The one at the university of Ibadan has been under construction for the past five or 6 years now. and it's almost finished. I can put it to you that it's 300% bigger than this one. you can search the excellence center on Google to get more info...

Same is ongoing in Unilag also.
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by ibadanfinest(m): 8:51am On Dec 09, 2017
elhafeez:
lalasticlala show the world A.B.U is naturally ahead

The same building was first constructed at UI, before moving to Abu , Unn and Unilag I think. That of unilag has not commenced.

Guy its not only Abu that has it. UI own is beside faculty of the social sciences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by Lightening: 8:51am On Dec 09, 2017
olasaad:
Nice one our Ipob bloda is coming to invade this trend with"our oil money" meanwhile the CBN governor is their son.

Very old strategy. Just like now the cabal has obviously caged the Minister of petroleum and exalted the NNPC GMD over him, years down the line you will still ask if "their" son was not the Minister of petroleum and yet did nothing for his people.
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by EnkayDezign: 9:11am On Dec 09, 2017
romeoetin:
cry we're suffering in the east. This is so unfair

The CBN is building one in Enugu and Ibadan. That's if they haven't even completed it.
check the links below for more info:

http://atoarchitects.com/portfolio/centre-of-excellence-enugu/

http://atoarchitects.com/portfolio/centre-of-excellence-university-of-ibadan/
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by EnkayDezign: 9:17am On Dec 09, 2017
mcb60:

The CBN is funding these projects from Its own funds, as part of its corporate social responsibility. Which kind yeye world bank . It's a shame how very little Nigerians know/believe in their institutions. Smh
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by Princedaud: 9:23am On Dec 09, 2017
I hope so
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by saintkeppy(m): 9:33am On Dec 09, 2017
olasaad:
Nice one our Ipob bloda is coming to invade this trend with"our oil money" meanwhile the CBN governor is their son.

Don't tryna bring in Tribal issues here,

but tryna read the article b4 commenting, the project was initiated by Alhaji Sanusi Lamido, the current Emir of Kano, when he was the CBN Gov'nor in 2009.

As you can see some comments here, this same project is replicated in some selected Universities across the country.

My Alma Mater, UNIPORT has its own COE initiated by CBN too during the Sanusi era &its 90% completion, located in the University park next to UBA Uniport Branch.

Our Oil Mon€¥ is meant for the overall development of all region in this country irrespective of Tribe.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by proeast(m): 9:36am On Dec 09, 2017
We just they watch, federal government is busy developing Abuja & the core north, through scotch earth policies the rest of the country and foriegners are developing Lagos and its spillover entering Ogun state and rest of the SW while Igbos are left to develop the SE!! No Wahala.
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by Timidaves: 9:48am On Dec 09, 2017
MrEdimulo82:
Tasteless architecture sorry, poor execution, furniture look frail and lack harmony with the space, more like after thought. No justification to both the money spent and this hype.... My2cents
Are u an architect
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by abdulkayus(m): 9:53am On Dec 09, 2017
Edum13656:
if u like pave the streets of the North with gold... Aboki na Aboki. What the North needs most is human capital development.

And this one is what? Animal development abi. Hater and bigot. Ur hatred and bigotry has be cloud ur sense of reasoning.
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by maeshal(m): 10:00am On Dec 09, 2017
Yes i saw one in MOUAU, completed
seguntijan:
Same is going on at Unilag, I am very sure some federal universities in the 6 Geopolitical zones was gifted the center of excellence building by the then Gov of CBN, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. How I wish this man still remain active in the political and economical scene of this country.

God bless the Emir of Kano
HRM Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by ABBEYsammy01(m): 10:07am On Dec 09, 2017
In terms of structures, ABU is their father anytime, any day... We are naturally ahead

1 Like

Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by ajuji1(m): 10:08am On Dec 09, 2017
Hedonistically:
Why A.B.U Zaria?
Because it worth it.

and why do you think it should not be ABU Zaria

#NaturallyAhead

1 Like

Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by Jelal0007(m): 10:09am On Dec 09, 2017
romeoetin:
cry we're suffering in the east. This is so unfair
Call your supreme leader to help out.
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by ajuji1(m): 10:14am On Dec 09, 2017
ABBEYsammy01:
In terms of structures, ABU is their father anytime, any day...
We are naturally ahead
Brother is not only in terms of structures.

ABU is the first University in Nigeria that started to offer online MBA training.

Until u have been there you will not believe it.

50% if not 60% of Nigerian elites graduated from ABU.
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 09, 2017
Obas101:
Wonderful. I haven't even seen it, though I do have my lectures in samaru campus
any idea about their msc course in telecommunication engineering? The sale of forms and if there is an entrance exam
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by ibrokola(m): 10:25am On Dec 09, 2017
ndat:
the structure is behind drama village along PG sch road Samaru campus.
So are biz administration and Accounting Department moving to Samaru?
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by ibrokola(m): 10:25am On Dec 09, 2017
MrEdimulo82:
Tasteless architecture sorry, poor execution, furniture look frail and lack harmony with the space, more like after thought. No justification to both the money spent and this hype.... My2cents
Bad belle
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by Machina(m): 10:58am On Dec 09, 2017
an exact structure with same name is situated in University of Nigeria Enugu Campus. still donated by CBN.
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by Machina(m): 11:00am On Dec 09, 2017
and the buildings aren't recent achievement, they have been under construction for more than 8 years.
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by Machina(m): 11:02am On Dec 09, 2017
bendike:

Sanusi lamido as the then CBN governor initiated this project and not "our Ipob bloda".

na lie. that building has been on for more than 8 years. they are building same in UNEC
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:36am On Dec 09, 2017
ABBEYsammy01:
In terms of structures, ABU is their father anytime, any day...
We are naturally ahead

ajuji1:

Brother is not only in terms of structures.

ABU is the first University in Nigeria that started to offer online MBA training.

Until u have been there you will not believe it.

50% if not 60% of Nigerian elites graduated from ABU.

These ABU boys should stop making empty noise here. Your Nigerian Law School performance was totally disastrous despite having the highest admission quota (all na wetin Federal character cause). The only thing ABU produces are Northern politicians. You don't produce half the renowned technocrats other First generation universities produce.

Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by Desyner: 11:57am On Dec 09, 2017
olasaad:
Started in 2009. I think either Sanusi or Soludo was there then.
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by elhafeez(m): 11:57am On Dec 09, 2017
ibadanfinest:

The same building was first constructed at UI, before moving to Abu , Unn and Unilag I think. That of unilag has not commenced.

Guy its not only Abu that has it. UI own is beside faculty of the social sciences.
You are right. The same project is being constructed in some selected universities, we hope it gets completed soon. Its good u shared this important message, some people will think its only the north that benefits from the government
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by elhafeez(m): 12:00pm On Dec 09, 2017
ibrokola:

Postgraduate students first. Rumour has it that 100L would take their lectures there.
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by MrEdimulo82(m): 12:23pm On Dec 09, 2017
Timidaves:

Are u an architect

Bet I am....

Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by MrEdimulo82(m): 12:26pm On Dec 09, 2017
ibrokola:

Bad belle

Well it's my view of the architecture of the building, sorry I hurt ur feelings....I hate it when I do dat...again sorry.

Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by ndat(m): 1:15pm On Dec 09, 2017
ibrokola:

automatically.....ie faculty of business administration(sch of business)
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by Obas101(m): 2:03pm On Dec 09, 2017
Gbemishile1:

any idea about their msc course in telecommunication engineering? The sale of forms and if there is an entrance exam
The registration have closed already, they have started writing exams. I'm in my second year for MSc engineering management
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by Obas101(m): 2:05pm On Dec 09, 2017
ndat:
the structure is behind drama village along PG sch road Samaru campus.
OK that's nice. I'm not too involved with the school because my program is part time
Re: Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence by Eldinot4(m): 2:17pm On Dec 09, 2017
Obas101:
Wonderful. I haven't even seen it, though I do have my lectures in samaru campus
lol u must be a jambito, its on ur way to dam, just besides drama village

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? / Dear Jobseeking Graduate, Here’s What You Should Have Done In Final Year / 18 Pictures Only Those Attending FUTA Can Relate To - McBrooklyn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.