Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,907 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Hypotension: Could Declining Blood Pressure Signal Impending Death In The Elderl - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hypotension: Could Declining Blood Pressure Signal Impending Death In The Elderl (352 Views)

Lady Commits Suicide Hours After Her Boyfriend's Death In Adamawa / How Do I Manage Hypotension / How To Prevent Orthostatic Hypotension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hypotension: Could Declining Blood Pressure Signal Impending Death In The Elderl by RxH8: 9:45pm On Dec 08, 2017
Many people are concerned about hypertension (high blood pressure). Nevertheless, some experience hypotension (low blood pressure) which also has its challenges.

When the blood pressure of older persons begin to decline, should that make you worried? Or should this be dismissed as an expected part of growing old? That question was recently explored by a group of researchers from the University of Exeter Medical School. The result? A decline in blood pressure was reported 14 or more years before death irrespective of the older persons health status.

http://www.healthx24.com/hypotension-declining-blood-pressure-death-elderly/

1 Like

Re: Hypotension: Could Declining Blood Pressure Signal Impending Death In The Elderl by Edkay: 9:52pm On Dec 08, 2017
So which is worse. Hypertension or hypotension shocked
Re: Hypotension: Could Declining Blood Pressure Signal Impending Death In The Elderl by sentix(m): 10:09pm On Dec 08, 2017
hypotension is worse!

had it when I was a little kid, It was scary I actually thought I was dead

Thank God I overcame it
Re: Hypotension: Could Declining Blood Pressure Signal Impending Death In The Elderl by man80(m): 2:59pm On Feb 28, 2023
please how did you handled hypotension then. please give me the clues. My dad is suffering from it.

(1) (Reply)

Alcohol And Gynecomastia / Neurological Research Has Shown That The Firing Patterns Of Neurons / Mother Delivered A 24-year-old Baby Who's Almost Her Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.