Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,055 members, 7,807,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 (32306 Views)

2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman / "My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman / 2019: SSS Invites Kassim Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by Ebullience(m): 9:45pm On Dec 08, 2017
A former Head of State, Ibrahim Babangida, on Friday declared his support for Atiku Abubakar, as the former vice president intensifies consultations for a presidential run in 2019.

Mr. Babangida, Nigeria’s leader from 1985-1993, said media reports that he advised Mr. Abubakar not to run for election during a closed-door meeting Thursday was ‘laughable’ because it was ‘sponsored’.

“Anybody who has sponsored such report was just being unfair” to Messrs. Babangida and Abubakar, Kassim Afegbua, a spokesperson for the former military leader, told PREMIUM TIMES Friday evening.

Mr. Afegbua said no one knew the outcome of the meeting because it was held behind closed-doors amongst the two leaders.

The comments came a day after the two leaders met at the hilltop residence of Mr. Babangida in Minna, the Niger State capital, around noon Thursday.

Media accounts of the meeting said Mr. Abubakar angrily left his host because he was advised not to run against President Muhammadu Buhari.

The reports further speculated that the unfriendly face Mr. Abubakar allegedly wore indicated that he was rejected by Mr. Babangida.

“The report is very, very untrue,” Mr. Afegbua said. “When I read the report, I was laughing. Because it is far from what they both discussed.”

“Number one, IBB will not discourage anyone from seeking office. IBB will encourage anyone to seek election,” the spokesperson added.

Mr. Afegbua said the relationship between his principal and his host remains cordial, warning reporters to stop playing politics with people’s relationship.

“They had a very useful political discussion. IBB also has a good relationship with Atiku. It’s not good to play politics with the relationship of people.”

Similarly, Paul Ibe, a spokesperson for Mr. Abubakar said since the meeting was held by only the two leaders, it would be difficult for anyone to know the details.

“Except those who were carrying these fake speculations were flying on the wall, there’s no way anyone would have known what happened,” Mr. Ibe said. “The report is a figment of the imagination of people.”

Mr. Ibe said the two leaders have been friends for a long time, and the outcome of their meeting was positive.

“Both leaders have enjoyed a mutual relationship for many years and what I gathered was that the meeting was very, very fruitful,” he added.

On Sunday, Mr. Abubakar returned to the PDP for the third time since 2007 when he left the party after serving eight years on its platform as a vice-president.

The move came a little over a week after he resigned from the All Progressives Congress.

He is expected to slug it out with President Buhari in 2019, if the incumbent’s recent signals of a possible re-election bid take hold.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/251902-babangida-backs-atikus-presidential-bid.html/amp

10 Likes

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by SalamRushdie: 9:47pm On Dec 08, 2017
grin grin

20 Likes

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by Blakjewelry(m): 9:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
Some news agencies just dey rush dey comment like some nairalander

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by Ojiofor: 9:50pm On Dec 08, 2017
It was sponsored by BMC led by lauretta onochie and her nairaland representative in person of Bobrisky.

160 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by Udmaster(m): 9:52pm On Dec 08, 2017
Afonja media propagandanists carried that news.
Atiku scares them to the bone marrow

119 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by itchie: 9:56pm On Dec 08, 2017
So how did they come about the earlier news they posted? Nigerian journalists are just lazy. They couldn't even try to confirm the news before rushing to publish it

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by yanabazee: 9:59pm On Dec 08, 2017
I knew it was cooked by a BMC.... it was tasteless as usual...

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by Homeboiy: 10:15pm On Dec 08, 2017
Wetin u tell atiku baba sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by mgbadike81: 10:19pm On Dec 08, 2017
that news reportedly was based entirely on assumptions.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 08, 2017
and NgeneUkwenu was crying IPOB like a bushbaby up and down at the other thread her fellow zombie created cheesy grin

BMC are full of propaganda cool

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by Nutase: 10:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
liars

4 Likes

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by bonechamberlain(m): 10:24pm On Dec 08, 2017
grin

3 Likes

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by bonechamberlain(m): 10:25pm On Dec 08, 2017
I don't know why the people who hate atiku are now concerned about ibb endorsing him or not. shouldn't they be concerned with packaging buhari/osibanjo for 2019.

Atiku is becoming a nightmare for the same APC folks that said he is irrelevant.

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 08, 2017
SalamRushdie:
grin grin
why ya teeth con Brown like this

4 Likes

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by Mintek: 10:34pm On Dec 08, 2017
Any sane person could easily tell that the news about IBB's disapproval of Atiku's 2019 ambition was nothing but a pure fabrication.

Shebi the duo had a closed-door meeting after which Atiku declined comments...so, where did jounalists get their info from?

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by Kokolet11: 11:19pm On Dec 08, 2017
grin lauretta onochie aka ngeneukwenu please come and mention IPOB ooooooooooooooooh.

41 Likes

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by Ibifizzleboy(m): 11:33pm On Dec 08, 2017
oya over to the zombies

12 Likes

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:47pm On Dec 08, 2017
IBB, shey u no see say na Vanguard post the news?

Why worry abt debunking it?

Anything on Vanguard is a lie... N need to waste time over it

7 Likes

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by GavelSlam: 12:27am On Dec 09, 2017
SLIDEwaxie:
IBB, shey u no see say na Vanguard post the news?

Why worry abt debunking it?

Anything on Vanguard is a lie... N need to waste time over it

Just as they published that Buhari promised to make 1 Naira equal to 1 dollar.

9 Likes

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by megareal: 1:09am On Dec 09, 2017
Election year is approaching , watch sponsored fake news fly everywhere....

Lazy journalists.

11 Likes

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by adeolakemi: 1:11am On Dec 09, 2017
GavelSlam:

kai fear God

10 Likes

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by economania(m): 1:11am On Dec 09, 2017
It was a crystal clear that the pendulum of the duo meeting did not swing in favour of Atiku.Atiku countenance was dull and unaccommodating at all after the meeting. I suspected that IBB was lying not journalists.Operation saved my image news.

5 Likes

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by Bede2u(m): 2:52am On Dec 09, 2017
Ngeneukwuenu wont be happy with this develpment grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by jayzblogng: 3:42am On Dec 09, 2017
economania:
It was a crystal clear that the pendulum of the duo meeting did not swing in favour of Atiku.Atiku countenance was dull and unaccommodating at all after the meeting. I suspected that IBB was lying not journalists.Operation saved my image news.
And you where actually present, while all this un folded undecided undecided :- undecided

15 Likes

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by sdindan: 5:08am On Dec 09, 2017
economania:

Shatap!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by anonimi: 5:17am On Dec 09, 2017
economania:
It was a crystal clear that the pendulum of the duo meeting did not swing in favour of Atiku.Atiku countenance was dull and unaccommodating at all after the meeting. I suspected that IBB was lying not journalists. Operation saved my image news.

The lies and propaganda that were used to impose an expired man on us in 2015 is Dead on Arrival.
Each and every lie, untruth, falsehood, propaganda must be rebutted promptly before it sinks into the head of the All Poverty Congress, APC zombies.
Mynd44, Lalasticlala, Seun should put this thread on the front page as well just as they did for the initial lie lie story orchestrated by the Association of ProgreTHIEF Criminals, APC.

https://www.nairaland.com/4221480/babangida-atiku-forget-presidential-ambition

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3356469_screenshot20160131120000_jpeg639beaec46d4ced684f639998a489af2

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2165170_tinubumumu_jpeg841752a3a8712d5ed9d37dcc8ef65266

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5017269_picsart091907_33_38_jpeg8a6ff0508c519e28ba0bd28de77b7c6f

19 Likes

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by Atiku2019: 5:19am On Dec 09, 2017
grin

3 Likes

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by anonimi: 5:22am On Dec 09, 2017
GavelSlam:

Is Daily Post the same newspaper as Vanguard or you are just telling us another lie to cover up your previous exposed lies
The news was syndicated by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2403078_buharinairatodollarpromise_jpeg536f4a3346e6a689940c6ceb025c51a7

I will make naira equal in value to dollar – Buhari
March 23, 2015

Owerri, March 23, 2015 (NAN) The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday said he would ensure that the Naira was equal to the dollar in value, if voted into office.

Buhari stated this during the South-East presidential rally of the party at Dan Anyima Stadium, Owerri.

“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said.

More from: http://dailypost.ng/2015/03/23/i-will-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-buhari/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4024299_bubu6_jpeg86aaf8fa6cd32a5104ab6bf996dd1ee3

11 Likes

Re: Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 by anonimi: 5:26am On Dec 09, 2017

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adam Zango Decamps From APC To PDP; Endorses Atiku (photos) / CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. / Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.