Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. (36381 Views)

Soon To Be Brides and grooms, Please Come In, Let's Plan Together! / After 4 Consecutive Years Of Death In Her Family, Lady Grateful For 2018 / List Of Clothing Materials Grooms Present To Brides In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by CrazyMan(m): 1:36pm On Jan 17, 2018
Brides and grooms to be....never knew we had such thread on NL. Nice wedding pictures by the way.
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by nanii2030: 8:59pm On Jan 17, 2018
2018 bride here!

Our introduction will be in my home country this Easter (I'm not Nigerian, but my husband to be is Igbo).

The traditional wedding will be taking place in my home town and will mostly reflect my culture. Most of the people in attendance will be from my side. My HTB has said he doesn't need to have his culture represented in the wedding, but I really want to honour and acknowledge the fact thatI will be adopting the Igbo culture as my own.

With that in mind, I would love to surprise him by changing into an Igbo bridal outfit at some point during the celebrations (maybe before the palm wine ceremony, which we've discussed we'll incorporate).

I've seen a lot of beautiful photos of Igbo brides in this thread. I'm hoping somebody can give me advice on how to shop for Igbo bridal attire. I'm afraid I don't even know where to begin!

Any and all help is appreciated.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 18, 2018
nanii2030:
2018 bride here!

Our introduction will be in my home country this Easter (I'm not Nigerian, but my husband to be is Igbo).

The traditional wedding will be taking place in my home town and will mostly reflect my culture. Most of the people in attendance will be from my side. My HTB has said he doesn't need to have his culture represented in the wedding, but I really want to honour and acknowledge the fact thatI will be adopting the Igbo culture as my own.

With that in mind, I would love to surprise him by changing into an Igbo bridal outfit at some point during the celebrations (maybe before the palm wine ceremony, which we've discussed we'll incorporate).

I've seen a lot of beautiful photos of Igbo brides in this thread. I'm hoping somebody can give me advice on how to shop for Igbo bridal attire. I'm afraid I don't even know where to begin!

Any and all help is appreciated.

Melsan sisisioge divay22 Viicfuntop please call other igbo ladies to help one if our sisters o grin Jollof rice is sure
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by migeoart(f): 2:31pm On Jan 21, 2018
Please who can give me idea on how to plan a bridal shower if you are in asaba that will be better
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by 0neal(m): 11:14pm On Jan 21, 2018
Allylic:
Let me siddon here dey observe....maybe awon brother go show grin grin grin

would you like to join my table? Am in observing mode aswell grin
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Allylic(f): 11:19pm On Jan 21, 2018
0neal:

would you like to join my table? Am in observing mode aswell grin
..no p...oya I need cold fanta
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Melsan: 10:57am On Jan 22, 2018
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Melsan: 11:39am On Jan 22, 2018
sexybbstar:

Melsan sisisioge divay22 Viicfuntop please call other igbo ladies to help one if our sisters o grin Jollof rice is sure
Bottom pot Jellof rice
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Blackhawk01: 7:17pm On Jan 22, 2018
migeoart:
Please who can give me idea on how to plan a bridal shower if you are in asaba that will be better

Drags aunty Sisisioge into thread, oya oya comman show your expertise biko. tongue
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by sisisioge: 8:36pm On Jan 22, 2018
Blackhawk01:

Drags aunty Sisisioge into thread, oya oya comman show your expertise biko. tongue

grin grin grin grin

OP, For the attendees to enjoy the party, you've got to tailor the event to suit them. What rocks people A's boat might capsize people B's boat. So, who is the bride? Who are her friends? Are they blue noses, hybrids or wildcards? Option two and three will give you a nice party. Option one will turn it to a Sunday school session for you. So biko find out who would be attending the party first. Then we can all plan from here grin grin.

I dey Lagos, I for crash am o grin grin.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by MoneyMattersNG: 8:58am On Jan 23, 2018
migeoart:

call 08027152761
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Melsan: 9:07am On Jan 23, 2018
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin

OP, For the attendees to enjoy the party, you've got to tailor the event to suit them. What rocks people A's boat might capsize people B's boat. So, who is the bride? Who are her friends? Are they blue noses, hybrids or wildcards? Option two and three will give you a nice party. Option one will turn it to a Sunday school session for you. So biko find out who would be attending the party first. Then we can all plan from here grin grin.

I dey Lagos, I for crash am o grin grin.
I trust you,aunty sisisioge on point.

Sorry to burst your bubble,na Asaba..lol

Howdy?
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 23, 2018
Preetiex:
aww congratulations & i wish u save delivery
Thanks dear... smiley
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by sisisioge: 10:24am On Jan 23, 2018
Melsan:
I trust you,aunty sisisioge on point.

Sorry to burst your bubble,na Asaba..lol

Howdy?

grin grin grin

I bam o...you?
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Melsan: 2:22pm On Jan 23, 2018
sisisioge:

grin grin grin

I bam o...you?
I dey wella
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 27, 2018
See the 100k wedding budget I saw online

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by sisisioge: 5:47pm On Jan 27, 2018
sexybbstar:
They are lying to you jare grin grin grin Don't believe that for a minute. Let's just donate additional 100k to the list without changing a thing, you will see you won't still have balance carried forward grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
sisisioge:
They are lying to you jare grin grin grin Don't believe that for a minute. Let's just donate additional 100k to the list without changing a thing, you will see you won't still have balance carried forward grin

Lol.... Don't mind them. Maybe it's just for court wedding alone.
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by AyamConfidence(m): 2:15am On Feb 15, 2018
Abeg when you people create 2023 own please make sure to mention me..... Na then I wan marry

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by enoqueen: 9:07am On Feb 15, 2018
AyamConfidence:
Abeg when you people create 2023 own please make sure to mention me..... Na then I wan marry

grin grin unserious guy spotted. Ladies run tongue
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by AyamConfidence(m): 9:13am On Feb 15, 2018
enoqueen:

grin grin unserious guy spotted. Ladies run tongue
nah I'm as serious as Buhari is in trying to run this nation aground

But you said ladies should run yet you did not.... Hmmm
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by CrazyMan(m): 5:19pm On Mar 09, 2018
sexybbstar:
That budget would go well for an ordinary party, not wedding. A colleague of mind budgeted 300k for his wedding last December, exhausted it and still ran into debt.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by pacesetter247(f): 6:28pm On Mar 09, 2018
Dear Brides & Grooms to be,

The cost of weddings in Nigeria has been getting you worked up, leaving you feeling discouraged. CNN in 2017 pegged the average cost for Nigerian weddings to be N3 Million Naira. Wow, I guess you are screaming now right?

Don't worry, you really don't have an excuse anymore. With our 850K BOUNTY BUDGET WEDDING PACKAGE, We have taken care of the most important items, getting the best deals from our highly trusted vendors into a bounty package without compromising on standard quality. You sure won't get this anywhere else! 

Just keep reading!

For 250 guests

Food 
Local & Continental Dishes
Soft Drinks & Water

Wedding Cake
3-Tier Wedding Cake

Bridal Makeup
Engagement & Wedding (Just bride)

Venue Decoration
Table & Chair Covers, Lighting, Stage, Red Carpet, Walkway, Backdrop, Wall drapes, Couple Sofa, Cake Stand

Photography
(Pre-Wedding shoot, Engagement ceremony, Wedding reception - Photobook, Soft Copy (DVD), 2 Photo frames 

Invitations (250)
Printed Wedding Invitations for 50 people
Bulk SMS for 200 people

Souvenirs & Programme
Unique and Personalized Ankara themed Wedding Souvenirs

Ushers 
5 Ushers for the reception

Event Coordination Services
We bring all your remaining vendors together to make sure they deliver quality and right on time. We effortlessly coordinate the whole events while you and your guests enjoy your big day.

Note: This package is only available to couples getting married in Lagos and Ogun. Weddings outside Lagos will attract additional travel costs.

For bookings & Enquiries, Call/SMS/Whatsapp: 08103074943, Email: ladolphevents@gmail.com

Other Packages also available.

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by pacesetter247(f): 6:40pm On Mar 09, 2018
Hi all,

I am Dorcas, the creative director/CEO of Ladolph Events Solutions a full service events planning outfit that helps provides seamless solutions for events. We are dedicated to helping couples to be plan and execute budget weddings which leaves the couple with a stable financial plan for the new life after the wedding celebration.

Whatever your budget is, we uniquely craft a plan to suit it giving you your dream wedding.

As part of our brides support initiative in Ladolph Events Solutions, I volunteer to have weekly sessions right here on this thread where we will offer advice and you can ask your questions to guide you through your wedding preparation process. If permitted by the leaders of this thread?

We can suggest a day and specific time for this purpose.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 7:36am On May 19, 2018
This thread must not die o. I don forget about it sef

Cc sisisioge Melsan Preetiex Martin0 divay22 nanii2030 Allylic 0neal migeoart
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by sisisioge: 7:55am On May 19, 2018
Wakie wakie grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 7:58am On May 19, 2018
sisisioge:
Wakie wakie grin
Lol.. The thread is dying already.
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Martin0(m): 8:51am On May 19, 2018
sexybbstar:

eh you wan give us wife and husband
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 9:06am On May 19, 2018
Martin0:

eh you wan give us wife and husband
I get babe for you now cheesy
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Martin0(m): 9:13am On May 19, 2018
sexybbstar:
I get babe for you now cheesy
..ok wey de babegrin
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Melsan: 9:46am On May 19, 2018
sexybbstar:

O ye thread,thou dieth not. cheesy cheesy
Re: A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. by Nobody: 9:47am On May 19, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

10 Signs That Your Child Is Spoiled / Obituary Of A Couple In Enugu And Their 5 Children (Photo) / Why Husbands Have Become Scarce - Blueprint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.