Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It (11986 Views)

Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 / Man Turns Attraction At Lagos Carnival (photo) / Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by thweraja10: 5:00pm On Mar 30, 2010
is it an avenue to embezzle money or for economic growth

Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by sjeezy8: 11:56pm On Mar 30, 2010
neither as its free and has always been around since the 1800's
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by spikedcylinder: 12:26pm On Mar 31, 2010
These women are over dressed.
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by Redlips2(f): 12:46pm On Mar 31, 2010
@spikedcylinder - they are dressed for a carnival. They are not overdressed.
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by samuraix1: 12:59pm On Mar 31, 2010
its a WORK - CHOP event.
Some people will work and others will chop from it.

Superfluity of nothingness !!!!!!!
Rubbish.
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by Redman44(m): 1:09pm On Mar 31, 2010
I don't think the Lagos Carnival is an avenue to embezzle money. Lagos is a unique State with a lot of international attention. I'm not surprised that the carnival is being organized yearly. There are lot of Lagosians who have roots in Brazil and Portugal. Brazil is known for her famous carnivals like the Rio Carnival and the Olodum Movement, which organizes a solid festival every year in Brazil's Favelas. Isale Eko [ Downtown Lagos ] has a lot of Nigerian families with Portuguese connections. There is a city in Portugal called Lagos. The Portuguese were the first Europeans to  arrive Lagos. I don't want to take you back to History Class today, but what I'm trying to say is that Lagos needs a yearly carnival that will demonstrate her strategic position when it comes to international trade and commerce. I saw pictures of last year's carnival on Nairaland and was impressed. God knows how many foreigners saw the pictures. The Lagos Carnival could boost the state's tourism potentials as time goes on. I feel the carnival should be expanded to the outskirts of Lagos like Ketu, Alagabado etc. Is it not the same Fashola administration that has revived the Principals Cup with the help of GT Bank? BRF, keep achieving jare cheesy cheesy cheesy Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by GoldCircle: 1:16pm On Mar 31, 2010
Not a bad idea at all! A carnival of this sort is long overdue in Lagos! Haba! If dem like make dem chop money!
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by otukpo(f): 1:20pm On Mar 31, 2010
i care less abt it.
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by bjmighty(m): 1:23pm On Mar 31, 2010
I support it with my head and neck!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by candylips(m): 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2010
copy copy na him dey worry lagos
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by spikedcylinder: 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2010
Red-lips:

@spikedcylinder - they are dressed for a carnival. They are not overdressed.

I hope you can find it in your heart to see the difference:

[img]http://fauxsocialite.files./2008/12/20070424-brazilianman512a.jpg[/img]

[img]http://zevolution.files./2009/02/brazil-carnival.jpg[/img]
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 31, 2010
Hey me interested in d carnival.where's d carnival at.at least lagosians rily nid 2 unwind from d hustle n bustle of lagos
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by tobiit(m): 2:06pm On Mar 31, 2010
It think it's going to be a great event.  It been long that i've left Lagos and i was happy when i saw the carnival advert billboard on my way to Lagos today . It going to be a good place to hangout on April 5th for us that like art and culture,  Uncle FASH is too much joooooo
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by Dolemite(f): 2:11pm On Mar 31, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I hope you can find it in your heart to see the difference:

[img]http://fauxsocialite.files./2008/12/20070424-brazilianman512a.jpg[/img]

[img]http://zevolution.files./2009/02/brazil-carnival.jpg[/img]
Did i hear someone yell RAAAAPE!! - This is Lagos.  grin
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by theface201: 2:11pm On Mar 31, 2010
that can be lagos
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by Dolemite(f): 2:15pm On Mar 31, 2010
theface201:

that can be lagos
Yes but over there they have enough security for those girls so they don't get hurt for looking kinky. . .
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by chrisrock(m): 2:19pm On Mar 31, 2010
kulyie:

Hey  me interested in d carnival.where's d carnival at.at least lagosians rily nid 2  unwind from d hustle n bustle of lagos
TAFAWA BALEWA SQUARE(TBS)FROM THE 5TH OF ARIL TO THE 7TH.
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by TheSaintz: 2:26pm On Mar 31, 2010
THIS ONLY REVEAL HOW MUCH WE LACK UNDERSTANDING
AND HOW ALIEN WE ARE TO TRUE KNOWLEDGE

BEFORE FESTAC 77
$1 = #1
AFTER FESTAC 77
$1=#150 AND RISING

SPIRITUAL THINGS GOVERNS THE NATURAL
ASK UR PARENTS AND CARRY OUT UR RESEARCH

WHAT U SEE IS NOT WHAT IT IS
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by yemipretty(f): 3:00pm On Mar 31, 2010
The lagos carnival has always been a yearly thing in downtown lagos during the easter weekend. I remember seeing a parade while I was in primary school. Governor Fashola has simply revamped it to give it an international outlook. The carnival is a good opportunity to showcase Lagos as a tourism destination. as is usual with all things political and where contracts are awarded, (at least in Nigeria), some people will make money out of it. After all has been said and done, LAGOSIANS, COME OUT EN MASSE TO HAVE FUN

@ spikecylinder: u for tell us say you are interested in scantily dressed ladies and gentlemen. I choke. We still have a modicum of sanity in Lagos, Nigeria. Festival or no festival.
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by Redman44(m): 3:07pm On Mar 31, 2010
@The Saintz

You're the one that needs to get true knowledge. FESTAC 77 is not the cause of Nigeria's economic problems. Don't attribute the celebration of Black culture and history to the worship of the devil or false gods. Nigeria remains a third world country because of corruption and our general nonchalant attitude towards development.  China and India probably have more local deities and festivals than Nigeria, but they have left us behind when it comes to economic and infrastructural development.  What about Brazil? Brazil has people in Bahia and other regions of the South American nation who are still ardent Sango, Ogun and Obatala worshippers. That has not given God the excuse to make Brazil underdeveloped. Brazil's economy is growing stronger yearly. Brazil's currency, The Real, is okay. It is like 1 Real is 65 Naira. Do your own research concerning this issue. I'm a Christian but I am also proud of my African roots and heritage. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by idifu(m): 3:15pm On Mar 31, 2010
it is ok but ppl are hungry, we need good roads, housing for ppl e.t.c
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by spikedcylinder: 3:22pm On Mar 31, 2010
yemipretty:

@ spikecylinder: u for tell us say you are interested in scantily dressed ladies and gentlemen. I choke. We still have a modicum of sanity in Lagos, Nigeria. Festival or no festival.

I said the women from the Lagos Carnival pictures are over dressed. In your infinite wisdom, you translated that as a registration of interest in scantily clad women on my part.
I swoon for you. smiley
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by kawazaki(m): 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2010
TheSaintz:

BEFORE FESTAC 77
$1 = #1
AFTER FESTAC 77
$1=#150 AND RISING

ASK your PARENTS AND CARRY OUT your RESEARCH

These brain washed people again !!!.

So the problem of the Naira is because of FESTAC 77. Please
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by cvibe: 3:51pm On Mar 31, 2010
Should be interesting.
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by dplordx(m): 3:58pm On Mar 31, 2010
@ poster HISSSSSS.

Opinion on carnival? Why didnt you question the calabar festival? is that one more far more constitutional than Lagos carnival?
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by kufreabasi(m): 4:52pm On Mar 31, 2010
Omo, agbero,kidnappers and every bad bad things will happen cos of this festival. Every body should be very careful
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by skiido: 5:00pm On Mar 31, 2010
my concern about the carnival is that it doesn't look original. I don't have a problem about the carnival but the fact that the carnival looks too brazilian is my problem. If lagos can come up with a carnival with lots of 9ja flavor then, i will not have any probs with the carnival.
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 31, 2010
Ms. yellow smile now!

spikedcylinder:

These women are over dressed.

That's the idea of a carnival, overexaggerated costumes!

Western style of egwugwu. Get it!

Redman44:

I don't think the Lagos Carnival is an avenue to embezzle money. Lagos is a unique State with a lot of international attention. I'm not surprised that the carnival is being organized yearly. There are lot of Lagosians who have roots in Brazil and Portugal. Brazil is known for her famous carnivals like the Rio Carnival and the Olodum Movement, which organizes a solid festival every year in Brazil's Favelas. Isale Eko [ Downtown Lagos ] has a lot of Nigerian families with Portuguese connections. There is a city in Portugal called Lagos. The Portuguese were the first Europeans to  arrive Lagos. I don't want to take you back to History Class today, but what I'm trying to say is that Lagos needs a yearly carnival that will demonstrate her strategic position when it comes to international trade and commerce. I saw pictures of last year's carnival on Nairaland and was impressed. God knows how many foreigners saw the pictures. The Lagos Carnival could boost the state's tourism potentials as time goes on. I feel the carnival should be expanded to the outskirts of Lagos like Ketu, Alagabado etc. Is it not the same Fashola administration that has revived the Principals Cup with the help of GT Bank? BRF, keep achieving jare cheesy cheesy cheesy Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com

True talk!
kulyie:

Hey me interested in d carnival.where's d carnival at.at least lagosians rily nid 2 unwind from d hustle n bustle of lagos

Correct!
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by bodsibobo(m): 5:37pm On Mar 31, 2010
@ the saintz

BEFORE FESTAC 77
$1 = #1
AFTER FESTAC 77
$1=#150 AND RISING

ASK your PARENTS AND CARRY OUT your RESEARCH

I thought we were over with this Festac-77-causing-our-poverty crap in this country. That was the catch phraise of many preachers in the days of austerity measures. It's a pity you're still thinking like this in 2010.

But my question has always been what about those other countries where they had FESTAC before 1977 and countries where they had it after 1977 and they are currently very bouyant economies as at today and doing very well?

Abeg, it irritates me when people find excuses for our inept leadership and blame it on FESTAC 77.
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by macnuel: 6:41pm On Mar 31, 2010
skiido:

my concern about the carnival is that it doesn't look original. I don't have a problem about the carnival but the fact that the carnival looks too brazilian is my problem. If lagos can come up with a carnival with lots of 9ja flavor then, i will not have any probs with the carnival.

I feel you jare, skiido. Why should we always copycat? Is that the way we dress in naija ni? Before we say Jack now some people will start saying that is the carnival outlook. We can always change things. Make it look more original.

what says you? grin grin grin

Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 31, 2010
macnuel:

I feel you jare, skiido. Why should we always copycat? Is that the way we dress in naija ni? Before we say Jack now some people will start saying that is the carnival outlook. We can always change things. Make it look more original.

what says you? grin grin grin

Nigerians are not of the zulu tribe.
Re: Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It by macnuel: 7:09pm On Mar 31, 2010
We are not Brazilians either, are we? Zulu is still African, it's still something to relate with.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are The Names Of These Animals In Your Language / He refused to Prostrate as Yoruba culture demands / Official Languages Of African Countries---very Sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.