Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them (5216 Views)

Children Of Nigerian Politicians Boarding Presidential Plane / Why Is Rev Fr. Mbaka Silent On These Killings And Ills Of This Government? / The First Set Of Nigerian Army Pilots To Fly War Planes (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 10, 2017
9jaDoc:
Here is a list of Nigerian ills. Please offer solutions for areas u have expertise or experience in.
(On a side note do u think someone with a masters and $50,000 should relocate to Nigeria or stay in US?)

1) rampant corruption everywhere
2) corrupt politicians
3) corrupt police
4) SARS
5) ritualists,
6) kidnappers,
7) conmen,
cool yahoo boys,
9) brazen robbers,
10) Boko Haram,
11) IPOB,
12) Delta Avengers,
13) baby factories,
14) child molesters,
15) child snatchers
16)human traffickers,
17) poor power supply,
18) ridiculous hospitals,
19) doctor strikes
20) poor schools, universities
21) poor infrastructure,
22) poor water supply,
23) poor waste disposal,
24) poor drainage system,
25) poor building inspection,
26) collapsing buildings,
27) dillapidated housing,
28) poor drug inspection,
29) poor food inspection,
30) poor environmental planning
31) corrupt clearing and forwarding,
32) corrupt customs,
33) no mental healthcare
34) no provisions for handicapped people
35) corrupt legal system,
36) corrupt judiciary,
37) poor banking system, long lines
38) poor and corrupt monetary system (black market)
39) Fulani herdsmen
40) military
41) aviation in general
42) MM Airport, Ikeja
43) filthy and congested seaports (Apapa)
44) rampant strikes
45) fake everything
46) intermittent fuel scarcity
47) generator fumes and noise
48) corrupt FRSC
49) road blocks
50) Non-existent planned public transportation
51) fires and deaths from power surges
52) deaths from unsafe roads
53) In case of fire, long waits for poor response
54) In case of crime, long waits for police response
55) long waits for poorly equipped ambulances
56) very poor emergency healthcare
57) ineffective drug prescription system
58) totally corrupt govt bureaucracy
59) very poor public healthcare sector
60) poor crime investigation process
61) poor forensics
62) poor record-keeping process
63) poor and fraud-susceptible personal identification
64) non-availability of student loans and work-study
65) non-existent credit system
66) non-existent car rental system
67) fraud-prone real estate - "this house is not for sale"
68) no substantial recompense for death or injury due to govt or police mistake or negligence
69) rampant jungle justice, sometimes on innocent people (could be u)
70) extremely high unemployment rate

Lalasticlala, mynd44
What did you expect from the land of slaves grin

Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 1:28pm On Dec 10, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

First thing first...the government need to take stock. Know your citizen. Leverage the bvn database, and plan from there.

But people like car renters don't trust bvn. And knowing Nigerians, I don't blame them
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 1:30pm On Dec 10, 2017
anonimi:

Great inputs and insight.
For how long shall we remain mentally lazy slaves to those who continuously think and take ACTION to improve their societies in order to dominate others?

On a side note do u think someone with a masters and $50,000 should relocate to Nigeria or stay in US?
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by wonlasewonimi: 1:33pm On Dec 10, 2017
9jaDoc:

But people like car renters don't trust bvn. And knowing Nigerians, I don't blame them

The integrity of the database is compromised! Can you say the same with credit reference agencies the banks in developed climes contact for verification? Nigeria needs rebuilding from the foundation, I don't know if we have the capability to architect it though.
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2017
imhotep:

What did you expect from the land of slaves grin

Nigerians as individuals are actually more solid people than Americans. Farthest thing from slaves. That's the irony of the whole thing.
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 1:40pm On Dec 10, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

The integrity of the database is compromised! Can you say the same with credit reference agencies the banks in developed climes contact for verification? Nigeria needs rebuilding from the foundation, I don't know if we have the capability to architect it though.

I think it's more than that. Even if the database were not compromised a Nigerian car renter will be very reluctant to hand the keys of an expensive car to a Nigerian.
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by seguno2: 1:44pm On Dec 10, 2017
9jaDoc:
On a side note do u think someone with a masters and $50,000 should relocate to Nigeria or stay in US?

Difficult to say.
Too much of a personal issue, preferences and options involved.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by seguno2: 1:45pm On Dec 10, 2017
9jaDoc:
Nigerians as individuals are actually more solid people than Americans. Farthest thing from slaves. That's the irony of the whole thing.

......but collectively?

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by wonlasewonimi: 1:54pm On Dec 10, 2017
9jaDoc:

I think it's more than that. Even if the database were not compromised a Nigerian car renter will be very reluctant to hand the keys of an expensive car to a Nigerian.

The environment is not mature enough for that level of trust.
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 2:05pm On Dec 10, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

The environment is not mature enough for that level of trust.

Honestly don't know what it is
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 2:10pm On Dec 10, 2017
seguno2:

......but collectively?

Even collectively. Only thing is that most Nigerians have a fundamental "creative" (devious) mentality that is so imbedded that they are not even aware of it.
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by anonimi: 3:18pm On Dec 10, 2017
9jaDoc:

You can't really look at a fixed amount, no matter how big- $50,000 for relocating.
Money that is not added upon will finish at some point.
What is most important is the continuous earning that is enough to cover all relevant expenses while in Nigeria for a comfortable standard of living comparable to what you will be leaving behind in the US.
You should secure a job first or a business with a nearly-certain income stream.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 3:31pm On Dec 10, 2017
anonimi:

You can't really look at a fixed amount, no matter how big- $50,000 for relocating.
Money that is not added upon will finish at some point.
What is most important is the continuous earning that is enough to cover all relevant expenses while in Nigeria for a comfortable standard of living comparable to what you will be leaving behind in the US.
You should secure a job first or a business with a nearly-certain income stream.

In view if all the ills listed that are largely unobtainable in US don't u think it is better to chill in US till 9ja sorts itself out, assuming it ever will.
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by anonimi: 3:43pm On Dec 10, 2017
9jaDoc:
In view if all the ills listed that are largely unobtainable in US don't u think it is better to chill in US till 9ja sorts itself out, assuming it ever will.

It never will if knowledgeable, smart people stay away despite having gained an understanding of what makes the US so liveable, which they can gradually replicate here in some form of ripple effect.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2017
anonimi:

It never will if knowledgeable, smart people stay away despite having gained an understanding of what makes the US so liveable, which they can gradually replicate here in some form of ripple effect.

The problem is that you just sort of KNOW that's not possible in 9ja. See below.

(You and I know fully well the judge is guilty, we also know fully well nothing will happen to him)
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2017
Thursday, December 7, 2017
Judge arrested for alleged demand of N200m bribe

(See bolded below)

TOP HEADLINES
Nigerian man, who pretended to be a beautiful female American soldier on Facebook, and five others arrested in Bangkok for romance scam

I bought AK47 for N470,000, says 25-year-old, suspected armed robber and cattle rustler, Ibrahim Umar (PICTURED]

(See bolded below)

Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

The Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission has commenced a probe into the 24,325 government properties that were sold to government officials under the monetisation policy of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Also, the anti-graft agency has arrested a retired Appeal Court judge, Justice Mohammed Tsamiya, for allegedly demanding a N200m bribe in exchange for a favourable judgment in a National Assembly election case that was pending before the Imo State Judicial Division of the Court of Appeal.

The ICPC said in a statement by its spokesperson, Mrs. Rasheedat Okoduwa, that many, who bought government properties, had yet to make full payment while some others were secretly renting the properties to private citizens.

The anti-graft agency said most of the culprits were in the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation and the Federal Housing Authority.

The statement read in part, "In recent times, the ICPC has been inundated with petitions from patriotic Nigerians, drawing the attention of the commission to allegations of widespread abuse of the policy by beneficiaries and some government workers.

"The commission, while acting on the petitions, discovered through preliminary investigation that a number of civil servants in the OHCSF, who benefited from the policy had not paid for the houses since 2005. While some had completely defaulted, others owe the government a sizeable amount of the money.

"The investigation further revealed that 32,305 houses were captured by the committee on the sale of government properties while 24,345 were eventually sold to beneficiaries.

"However, civil servants in some government agencies, notably OHSCF and the Federal Housing Authority, have allegedly turned the policy into a shoddy business with the aim of defrauding the Federal Government."

The ICPC said it also found out that some public servants and government agencies were concealing government properties and collecting rent on same without the consent of the Federal Government. This, the agency noted, flouted the intent of the policy that primarily focuses on divesting government's interest from providing housing for its employees.

The commission said an employee of the OHSCF allocated some of the houses to undeserving beneficiaries who were not public servants at the time of the exercise and some of the properties had yet to be allocated.

It added, "The investigation has so far yielded fruitful result with the recovery of N18, 031,000 from some civil servants and a host of companies including Montgomery & Campbell Ltd. and SICCONS, which has been paid into the coffers of the government."

The ICPC vowed that anyone found to have contravened the law would be prosecuted upon conclusion of the investigation.

Meanwhile, the commission says it has arrested a retired Justice of the Court of Appeal, Justice Mohammed Tsamiya, for allegedly demanding N200m bribe from one Mr. Nnamdi Orji, in exchange for a favourable judgment in a National Assembly election case that was pending before the Imo State Judicial Division of the Court of Appeal.

The ICPC said the offence, which violates Section 10 of the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act, 2000, was alleged to have been committed in 2015, when the retired Justice asked Orji, who was the candidate of the All Progressive Grand Alliance for the Arochukwu/Ohafia Federal Constituency, to give him N200m to enable him to influence the court's decision in his favour.

Orji had approached the Court of Appeal, Imo State Division, to seek redress in a case involving an alleged inflation of the result of election in the Arochukwu Local Government Area of Abia State, which he had earlier lost to his opponent, Mr. Nkole Ndukwe, at the National Assembly Election Petition Tribunal.

The retired judge was alleged to have assured the appellant of getting a favourable judgment from the court upon the payment of the money.

"Justice Tsamiya has since been granted bail by the commission upon the fulfilment of his bail conditions even as investigation continues," the ICPC added.
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by anonimi: 4:04pm On Dec 10, 2017
9jaDoc:
The problem is that you just sort of KNOW that's not possible in 9ja. See below.

Was the WILD West not in the US?
The judge that Trump pardoned is not in Nigeria or is he?
Do you know what women did in order to be allowed to vote?
Have you found out what blacks did in order to have equal rights of something as ordinary as seating on a bus?
Progress is made by ordinary people like you doing their own bit in their society until their impact spreads outwards to others.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160987_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 4:19pm On Dec 10, 2017
anonimi:

Was the WILD West not in the US?
The judge that Trump pardoned is not in Nigeria or is he?
Do you know what women did in order to be allowed to vote?
Have you found out what blacks did in order to have equal rights of something as ordinary as seating on a bus?
Progress is made by ordinary people like you doing their own bit in their society until their impact spreads outwards to others.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160987_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

(I actually think it should be "Most times..." not "Sometimes..."wink

But Trump had to pardon him. In 9ja the case will likely never be brought or simply disappear

See, the thing is that 9ja is not progressing towards eradication of any ills. In all the examples u gave there was a clear path of gradual progress. In 9ja folks are more corrupt today than they were yesterday and in almost all aspects there is gradual deterioration not improvement
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 4:27pm On Dec 10, 2017
nigeriadondie:

O boy all these do not help. If we brainstorm and we got d solutions it ends there. The onus is on those who are in corridors of power to do d brainstorming. Many of them were living in d diaspora and see how d system works there but fail to do what needs to be done.
I have even been oppurtuned to write and speak directly with a handful of them but it is obvious they dont want to make d much need ed sacrifice for nation-building.
So i ve no time to waste but to ensure my destiny is not shaped by those bastards in power for myself, family and my geberations after me.

You know, I hate to admit it, but I'm gradually and very slowly arriving at the same mind set
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
seguno2:

Difficult to say.
Too much of a personal issue, preferences and options involved.

Regardless of any those things in view if all the ills listed that are largely unobtainable in US don't u think it is better to chill in US till 9ja sorts itself out, assuming it ever will.
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2017
Lady Reacts As Her Pretty Classmate Is Declared Wanted For Fraud By EFCC. Photos
(see the bolded)

A Nigerian banker and activist, Safiya Stephanie Musa, has reacted as her old classmate has been declared wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission EFCC. The anti-graft agency declared Ugochukwu Sandra Alexandra Nneka from Nnewi area in Anambra state - wanted for conspiracy and obtaining money under false pretence.

Safiya Stephanie Musa took to Facebook to react to the news. Below is what she shared;

...and my old Classmate who almost duped me is ‘finally’ wanted by the EFCC.

Nneka Ugochukwu was one of the very brilliant ones we had in my set. How she became a crook with her God given brain still beats me wallahi. She was even a Prefect fa.

When I raised alarm on Facebook 2013, many of my classmates came to beg me privately to let her be. Now that you know she’s indeed a Criminal, hope you all feel bad knowing how your plea and disbelief made it possible for her to swindle more people. If we had taken up her case then, gaskiya she for no see chance swindle people again fa.

This one EFCC is sharing black and white photo..I’ve shared a clearer colored Photo. EFCC needs to search beyond Nigeria. Check Ghana where she claims she has hotels, hospitals etc and Dubai which was her last abode.

She use to move around with 2 of her daughters (they look like her younger Sisters though), so the EFCC should be on the lookout for 3 Ladies.

Na those her daughters she use tell me sob story wey make me part with my money wallahi. she blocked me everywhere and thought she had escaped with my money. She no know say na my hard earned money I give her, so I ready to look for her inside snake hole or bee hive. She eventually gave a friend my money when she saw I wasn’t relenting. I had already reported her to the Nigerian Ambassador and an Emirati friend who works with Immigration
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by RedGold2017: 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2017
So how is that a government induced issue? Rather it's more of a systemic issue , whereby a collective group is exploiting loopholes in the system to achieve their evil aim. Those group of people are people like you and I. Nothing to do with Buhari or Ambode. In cases like these you begin to look into the holes in the system and work out a strategy to cover the loopholes as much as possible. If you put technology in place that tracks each and every activity, they can trace it back to the individual or group of individuals that committed the crime. There must be footprints left everywhere, at some point a bank official or officials must have compromised the system. If technology is used as should then it's impossible for one individual to have 2 BVNs , if they do, it's either fingerprints were not scanned or rules were bypassed. And in order for this to happen you will see a trail of individuals who had a part in it knowingly or unknowingly. This actually strengthens our arguments that Nigeria's problem is a systemic one. It stems from people like you and I. Greed is a human thing , if your average American knows they can get away with crime they would do it. But over the years they have put checks and balances in their system that if one person compromises it, chances are the act will be caught somewhere else down the line. But this takes a collective group of people doing their part and adhering to rules. And also tightening your systems as fraud is detected, but this is the bank's responsibility not Buhari's. Even in America of today, fraud protection is still work in progress. A lot of Nigerians are ungovernable and have no respect for rules and would bypass it for personal interest. If we don't begin to teach our young on how impactful their actions are and to always think things through, history will repeat itself. They can only be a result of what they are taught. Even your almighty America that you worship, they teach their kids social responsibility at a very young age. Adults will show the young how to use the trash can, while the average nigerian adult will tell a child to help them throw trash out the car window, please tell me how would the child know any better when he grows up?
You can continue ranting and please leave nigeria and never come back, the place will be better without your likes..but I doubt you can do that. I give you a handful of years if you are outside nigeria and you will begin to understand the points we are making today. If you are so angry at nigeria you will not be on this forum to begin with, but I guess your roots will not let you rest at night.

9jaDoc:

Easy. Bribe or know the person in charge. Nigeria?! Where bank employees are routinely caught tampering with customer accounts or transactions
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by RedGold2017: 8:00pm On Dec 10, 2017
But who will solve the issue if everyone runs away..its like having a faulty vehicle, leaving it behind to go chill at your house, hoping it would fix itself. So Nigerians will labor to fix these issues and you will come back from america with your boogie ass to come and enjoy? just as you are doing now moving abroad to enjoy the opportunities countless others have died or fought for? I don't blame you, blame the likes of Martin Luther king and Rosa Parks who fought for black liberation else ppl like you will NEVER smell America except as slaves and when you get there sef you start looking down on black Americans with your self imposed superiority complex....mtchew...

9jaDoc:

Regardless of any those things in view if all the ills listed that are largely unobtainable in US don't u think it is better to chill in US till 9ja sorts itself out, assuming it ever will.
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 8:50pm On Dec 10, 2017
RedGold2017:
So how is that a government induced issue? Rather it's more of a systemic issue , whereby a collective group is exploiting loopholes in the system to achieve their evil aim. Those group of people are people like you and I. Nothing to do with Buhari or Ambode. In cases like these you begin to look into the holes in the system and work out a strategy to cover the loopholes as much as possible. If you put technology in place that tracks each and every activity, they can trace it back to the individual or group of individuals that committed the crime. There must be footprints left everywhere, at some point a bank official or officials must have compromised the system. If technology is used as should then it's impossible for one individual to have 2 BVNs , if they do, it's either fingerprints were not scanned or rules were bypassed. And in order for this to happen you will see a trail of individuals who had a part in it knowingly or unknowingly. This actually strengthens our arguments that Nigeria's problem is a systemic one. It stems from people like you and I. Greed is a human thing , if your average American knows they can get away with crime they would do it. But over the years they have put checks and balances in their system that if one person compromises it, chances are the act will be caught somewhere else down the line. But this takes a collective group of people doing their part and adhering to rules. And also tightening your systems as fraud is detected, but this is the bank's responsibility not Buhari's. Even in America of today, fraud protection is still work in progress. A lot of Nigerians are ungovernable and have no respect for rules and would bypass it for personal interest. If we don't begin to teach our young on how impactful their actions are and to always think things through, history will repeat itself. They can only be a result of what they are taught. Even your almighty America that you worship, they teach their kids social responsibility at a very young age. Adults will show the young how to use the trash can, while the average nigerian adult will tell a child to help them throw trash out the car window, please tell me how would the child know any better when he grows up?
You can continue ranting and please leave nigeria and never come back, the place will be better without your likes..but I doubt you can do that. I give you a handful of years if you are outside nigeria and you will begin to understand the points we are making today. If you are so angry at nigeria you will not be on this forum to begin with, but I guess your roots will not let you rest at night.

Thanks for your erudite though misguided write-up.
Of course the whole thing is systemic and that's precisely why the problem is intractable. Not only that,
most Nigerians have a fundamental "creative" (devious) mentality that is so imbedded that they are not even aware of it. Which is what informed the suggestion that maybe a wise person should remove themselves from such a situation instead of wasting their lives chasing shadows. I don't see why that cannot be part of the discussion.
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by Nigeriadondie: 8:57pm On Dec 10, 2017
9jaDoc:
Here is a list of Nigeria ills that are largely unobtainable in US. Please offer solutions for areas u have expertise or experience in.
(On a side note do u think someone with a masters and $50,000 should relocate to Nigeria or stay in US?)

1) rampant corruption everywhere
2) corrupt politicians
3) corrupt police
4) SARS
5) ritualists,
6) kidnappers,
7) conmen,
cool yahoo boys,
9) brazen robbers,
10) Boko Haram,
11) IPOB,
12) Delta Avengers,
13) baby factories,
14) child molesters,
15) child snatchers
16)human traffickers,
17) poor power supply,
18) ridiculous hospitals,
19) doctor strikes
20) poor schools, universities
21) poor infrastructure,
22) poor water supply,
23) poor waste disposal,
24) poor drainage system,
25) poor building inspection,
26) collapsing buildings,
27) dillapidated housing,
28) poor drug inspection,
29) poor food inspection,
30) poor environmental planning
31) corrupt clearing and forwarding,
32) corrupt customs,
33) no mental healthcare
34) no provisions for handicapped people
35) corrupt legal system,
36) corrupt judiciary,
37) poor banking system, long lines
38) poor and corrupt monetary system (black market)
39) Fulani herdsmen
40) military
41) aviation in general
42) MM Airport, Ikeja
43) filthy and congested seaports (Apapa)
44) rampant strikes
45) fake everything
46) intermittent fuel scarcity
47) generator fumes and noise
48) corrupt FRSC
49) road blocks
50) Non-existent planned public transportation
51) fires and deaths from power surges
52) deaths from unsafe roads
53) In case of fire, long waits for poor response
54) In case of crime, long waits for police response
55) long waits for poorly equipped ambulances
56) very poor emergency healthcare
57) ineffective drug prescription system
58) totally corrupt govt bureaucracy
59) very poor public healthcare sector
60) poor crime investigation process
61) poor forensics
62) poor record-keeping process
63) poor and fraud-susceptible personal identification
64) non-availability of student loans and work-study
65) non-existent credit system
66) non-existent car rental system
67) fraud-prone real estate - "this house is not for sale"
68) no substantial recompense for death or injury due to govt or police mistake or negligence
69) rampant jungle justice, sometimes on innocent people (could be u)
70) extremely high unemployment rate

Lalasticlala, mynd44
If a country has all this, then what is left of that country?
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 8:57pm On Dec 10, 2017
RedGold2017:
But who will solve the issue if everyone runs away..its like having a faulty vehicle, leaving it behind to go chill at your house, hoping it would fix itself. So Nigerians will labor to fix these issues and you will come back from america with your boogie ass to come and enjoy? just as you are doing now moving abroad to enjoy the opportunities countless others have died or fought for? I don't blame you, blame the likes of Martin Luther king and Rosa Parks who fought for black liberation else ppl like you will NEVER smell America except as slaves and when you get there sef you start looking down on black Americans with your self imposed superiority complex....mtchew...

It is called being wise. The correct anology is leaving your faulty vehicle with people who may fix it while you drive around in your neighbor's luxurious brand new vehicle. The foolish thing is to keep driving your faulty vehicle out of some misguided loyalty.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 9:02pm On Dec 10, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

If a country has all this, then what is left of that country?

That's why part of the discussion is that maybe the wise thing is to skip out till the country sorts itself out, if ever.
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by RedGold2017: 9:15pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ok you can't be this dumb..so you leave it and don't initiate a process to fix it? So you expect to leave a faulty car by the roadside and in your little brain, you just want "people who may fix it" to pass by and do so? Do you just realize you just declared you are an irresponsible twerp....my God..hope you remain permanently out of Nigeria...with this attitude you won't last long abroad anyway..its ppl like you who go there and become destructive..imagine someone boldly saying they will leave their problems for others to fix ..again here is why Nigeria is a failed state...nah I'm done wasting time with you..no point..

9jaDoc:

It is called being wise. The correct anology is leaving your faulty vehicle with people who may fix it while you drive around in your neighbor's luxurious brand new vehicle. The foolish thing is to keep driving your faulty vehicle out of some misguided loyalty.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by Nigeriadondie: 9:19pm On Dec 10, 2017
9jaDoc:

That's why part of the discussion is that maybe the wise thing is to skip out till the country sorts itself out, if ever.
Bros I like many Nigerians in d diaspora speak negatively of d country not out of hatred for our homeland but out of frustration that d ruling class are hell bent on destroying dis nation cos of their mindless greed. We ve all it takes to be far advanced than where we are now. Also d masses re divided by ethnicity and religion.
It is a hopeless situation when u ve confirmed rogues like Saraki, thugs like Dino making laws people who should be convicts. What future does such a country ve?
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 12:33am On Dec 11, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Bros I like many Nigerians in d diaspora speak negatively of d country not out of hatred for our homeland but out of frustration that d ruling class are hell bent on destroying dis nation cos of their mindless greed. We ve all it takes to be far advanced than where we are now. Also d masses re divided by ethnicity and religion.
It is a hopeless situation when u ve confirmed rogues like Saraki, thugs like Dino making laws people who should be convicts. What future does such a country ve?

I'm not in diaspora, but well-said, couldn't have put it better. But honestly I'm not advocating staying away, I'm only saying it should not be off-limits as a possible option
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 12:52am On Dec 11, 2017
RedGold2017:
Ok you can't be this dumb..so you leave it and don't initiate a process to fix it? So you expect to leave a faulty car by the roadside and in your little brain, you just want "people who may fix it" to pass by and do so? Do you just realize you just declared you are an irresponsible twerp....my God..hope you remain permanently out of Nigeria...with this attitude you won't last long abroad anyway..its ppl like you who go there and become destructive..imagine someone boldly saying they will leave their problems for others to fix ..again here is why Nigeria is a failed state...nah I'm done wasting time with you..no point..

First of all I'm in 9ja. Now who's dumb. Typical 9ja, jumping to conclusions - that's how u folks lynch innocent people. Who said anything about roadside. I said u leave the faulty vehicle with people who may fix it.
And if u r not too blinded by emotions you'd notice I was only saying that should not be out of question as a POSSIBLE option among all the solutions we r discussing
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 2:11am On Dec 11, 2017
trillville:

How can a person have multiple BVNs? It works with our finger prints, doesn't it? Hmm, I'll ask my banker friends about this.

Buhari said: "In a raid conducted by security agents on the resident of a Federal High Court judge recently, they found in his possession four diplomatic passports, huge amount of hard currency and other incriminating documents bordering on economic crime, and these are the same people empowered by constitution to dispense justice on saboteurs.''

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Atiku Fulani Or Hausa Or Mixed Breed / My Prediction For Governorship Election Across 29 States. / Nigerian Senates Whatsapp Group Scatters Over Lekki Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.