Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,216 members, 7,780,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:42 PM

Why Uche Socondus Should Or Should Not Withdraw From The PDP Chairmanship Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Uche Socondus Should Or Should Not Withdraw From The PDP Chairmanship Race (511 Views)

Tinubu Wins As Oyegun Formally Withdraws From APC Chairmanship Race / Bode George Withdraws From PDP Chairmanship Race / Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Uche Socondus Should Or Should Not Withdraw From The PDP Chairmanship Race by amInigerian: 9:37am On Dec 09, 2017
I initially felt that Uche Secondus did not have the political capacity to steer the PDP aright.

My thinking was that if he did emerge, he would weaken the PDP as the south west may not work congruently with the rest of the pack.

My thinking was that it would make the PDP look like a regional party (kind of APGA or the ACN).

However, hearing Wike speak on Channels TV however, there is a good case for someone like Secondus to emerge because he is not affiliated to any PDP clique within the South West. The South West candidates all have inner south western PDP cliques to which they lean or belong.
The emergence of any of one will to some degree enhance the fractures that already exist between disagreeing big PDP personalities who already do not really see eye-to-eye to some degree.

Thus Uche Secondus can easily act dudiciously on matters arising within the region without unnecessary influence from any of the existing western PDP factions.

And moreover, it is just an administrative position. It is not the real face of the party. The more significant faces of the party will be those who end up picking the presidential and vice presidential ticket?

If he can do a nice and unbiased job, fine. The PDP needs to ensure that what happened in their Anambra PDP primaries does not happen again.

Let the best man win.

I don't care were the chairman comes from so long as he does his job.

But left to me, simply because he might not have as much weight politically as some folks in the West, and the PDP needs to recover and record some gains in the West, I would have loved a clean figure from the West to help the PDP gain ground there and avoid narrowing it into a SS (or perhaps SS + SE party).

Me be Rivers Ijaw boy
Re: Why Uche Socondus Should Or Should Not Withdraw From The PDP Chairmanship Race by 0806436bnj(m): 11:22am On Dec 09, 2017
The only way for SW, is to take position and not to take side in Nigeria politics. Today they will side the north 2moro they will side the SS.

(1) (Reply)

Ijaw Youth Petitions UN, Africa Commission On Human Rights / Gov. Okorocha Has Unleashed Mayhem On Ndi Imo. / Innocen Vs GTB: Police Fire Live Ammunition At Innocent Home. (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.