Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Yorubas Were Not In The Opposition For 16 Years - Afam4eva - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Were Not In The Opposition For 16 Years - Afam4eva (2578 Views)

"You Are Not God": Obaseki Wife Slams Opposition For Mocking Her Childlessness / Presidency Blames Opposition For Fg’s Failure To Stem Herdsmen Killings / I Agree With Elrufai That Unequals Should Not Be Treated Equally - Afam4eva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Were Not In The Opposition For 16 Years - Afam4eva by Kokolet11: 6:38pm On Dec 09, 2017
Mynd44:
Looool
Afam the tribalist speaks.

Abeg, I am just coming from an owambe. Lemme go live in the euphoria of the jollof
see who is coming someone tribalist,you are the worst tribalist I have ever seen.so shutup your mouth.you can ban me I don't care

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Were Not In The Opposition For 16 Years - Afam4eva by globemoney: 6:39pm On Dec 09, 2017
Yoruba interpretation of being in opposition for 16 years is tinubu being in opposition for 16 years. The same people want to behave as if AD was not a one party state in south west. All Yoruba states except Lagos have been ruled by PDP states.?So much for being in opposition for 16 years

7 Likes

Re: Yorubas Were Not In The Opposition For 16 Years - Afam4eva by Stingman: 6:44pm On Dec 09, 2017
cstr1000:
Who cares?

How does refuting their obvious lie change anything?

It can change something..so that the Kenyans, Ugandans and others using Nairaland would see them for their penchant to lie...all the time.
Re: Yorubas Were Not In The Opposition For 16 Years - Afam4eva by Afam4eva(m): 6:44pm On Dec 09, 2017
globemoney:
Yoruba interpretation of being in opposition for 16 years is tinubu being in opposition for 16 years. The same people want to behave as if AD was not a one party state in south west. All Yoruba states except Lagos have been ruled by PDP states.?So much for being in opposition for 16 years
Exactly my point.

7 Likes

Re: Yorubas Were Not In The Opposition For 16 Years - Afam4eva by Ikechuob: 6:50pm On Dec 09, 2017
Afam4eva:
There's a saying that when a lie is allowed to go on for too long, it becomes the truth or atleast it's starts looking like it.

There's this lie that has been bandied around about how Yorubas have been in opposition politics for soo long. How could Yorubas have been in opposition when the number one citizen of the country, Chief Olusegun Aremu Okikiola Obasanjo who ruled for 8 years is a Yoruba man. Let's not forget all the ministers, heads of parastatals and senators who represented their various constituencies and were members of the ruling party at the time (PDP). Even in Yaradua and Jonathan's government, Yorubas were highly represented.

So, why do people keep saying that Yorubas have been in the opposition for so long when they're actually been represented in all governments since 1999 even more than Igbos.

That's been my question since day 1 they made that statement.
Funny thing, am I the only one that notice they tend to contradict themselves even during those lies they make.. I've seen them make statement about being in opposotion for years yet at the same time, they'll list they've been president for years. Sometimes i wonder if they even know the definition of opposition.

Anyway, who cares the story they make up on NL. I stopped taking them seriously and you should too. It's not like whatever story telling they say here gets replayed outside of here. Who takes words from NL seriously anymore? NL had more stand in 2012 than it does now. Seun and his mods have successfully deregarded down NL as a tribalist website full with ignorance that noone pays attention to excluding the ignorant that roam it as I've read it being called multiple times on other social media platform. Shit, bellanaija, lindaikeja and even that aboki boy's blog have more relevance nowadays than NL. Who cares if yoruba narrate they have been in opposition since whatever. That story starts and ends here. How many people do you see repeating that statement outside of NL?

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Were Not In The Opposition For 16 Years - Afam4eva by Stingman: 6:52pm On Dec 09, 2017
bkool7:

saharareporters.com/2015/08/03/can-igbo-people-play-opposition-politics-nigeria-10-years-joe-igbokwe

Opposition my foot...

I can count the number of the Yorubas in GEJ's kitchen cabinet.

I can count the Yorubas as service chiefs all the time they were in the so-called opposition.

Now would you say the same of Igbos in this current supporter of APC government...even if they were in opposition?
Re: Yorubas Were Not In The Opposition For 16 Years - Afam4eva by Stingman: 6:54pm On Dec 09, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
how are Igbos ill-treated?
This government has built more roads in the east than north.
East benefit in school children feeding program than north.

Tell me what other region are benefiting more than the east

...using the name Jesus and lying...can send you to hell. It is better to use Lucifer as your name...

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Were Not In The Opposition For 16 Years - Afam4eva by Realdeals(m): 7:04pm On Dec 09, 2017
We need facts

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Were Not In The Opposition For 16 Years - Afam4eva by nedu666: 7:30pm On Dec 09, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
how are Igbos ill-treated?
This government has built more roads in the east than north.
East benefit in school children feeding program than north.

Tell me what other region are benefiting more than the east
cry cry baby lgbo dis lgbo dat, lgbo collect my gf, shine my wife, collabi my sister and still eyeing my mama, cry cry baby
Re: Yorubas Were Not In The Opposition For 16 Years - Afam4eva by GoldNiagara(m): 8:14pm On Dec 09, 2017
Afam4eva:
There's a saying that when a lie is allowed to go on for too long, it becomes the truth or atleast it's starts looking like it.

There's this lie that has been bandied around about how Yorubas have been in opposition politics for soo long. How could Yorubas have been in opposition when the number one citizen of the country, Chief Olusegun Aremu Okikiola Obasanjo who ruled for 8 years is a Yoruba man. Let's not forget all the ministers, heads of parastatals and senators who represented their various constituencies and were members of the ruling party at the time (PDP). Even in Yaradua and Jonathan's government, Yorubas were highly represented.

So, why do people keep saying that Yorubas have been in the opposition for so long when they're actually been represented in all governments since 1999 even more than Igbos.

Another jaundiced brainwave on yoruba matter. What significance is this your hare brain assertion or discovery!
Re: Yorubas Were Not In The Opposition For 16 Years - Afam4eva by Duru1(m): 8:26pm On Dec 09, 2017
Afam4eva:

You are too late to this juncture. The Yari.ba peeps are too good at repeated lies that almost turned into de facto truths. From being most educated in Nigeria hiding behind returnees from Sierra Leone, being first to open a law firm in Nigeria while the lawyers at the so-called law firm were still students in London when Mbanefo operated a law firm in Onicha, when neutral to Nigeria/Biafra civil until Ora while the Yari.ba were involved in attack of eastern region in Ubani (Bonny) to the most ridiculous of all, that Lt Col Francis Fajuyi wanted to die with Ironsi or tried to protect Ironsi when in fact Lt Col Fajuyi had no command of the sentry at the gate of government house in Ibadan. I am not even going to mention the wrestling match termed Kiriji war which Yari.ba peeps have turned into world war before world war itself.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Were Not In The Opposition For 16 Years - Afam4eva by lazygal: 8:43pm On Dec 09, 2017
Mynd44:
Looool
Afam the tribalist speaks.

Abeg, I am just coming from an owambe. Lemme go live in the euphoria of the jollof

Mynd ,abeg help me push this to FP
https://www.nairaland.com/4224746/federal-civil-service-vacancy-advert#63134032

Check you will c I have evidence ,circular is attached
Please for the sake of others not me.I know you don take note of me coz I dey your case

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fool Nigeria Once, Shame On You. Fool Nigeria Twice - Donald Trump / How Abacha, Abiola Died, By Susan Rice :ThisDay / Fulani Terrorist Miyetti Allah Attack Villages In Ebonyi State Graphic Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.