Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:31 PM

Fuel Tank Filled Up But Gauge Is 75% (¾) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fuel Tank Filled Up But Gauge Is 75% (¾) (1586 Views)

Nigerian Man Quarrels With Pump Attendant For Filling Up His Fuel Tank (Video) / My Honda CR-V Fuel Gauge Is Not Working / See What A Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses As Its Fuel Tank (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Tank Filled Up But Gauge Is 75% (¾) by temmym4(m): 7:13pm On Dec 09, 2017
Is this normal? I filled up my Tank to the brim this morning and when i started the car, it was just ¾ of the fuel gauge.

At first i was thinking it was because of the position i parked during filling, but as soon as i left the filling station, poured little fuel and the stuff was actually full.

Please whats wrong? How can i correct this? I have tried removing/Reinserting the Fuel pump fuse. Still the same result.

Could the problem be from the Tank?

Any solution please?
Re: Fuel Tank Filled Up But Gauge Is 75% (¾) by 3kay945(m): 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2017
grin mine seems to be the opposite,. I put 6k fuel and the gauge jumped passed the full mark! When the tank wsnt full. I think its the fuel pump sensor or setting thing.
Re: Fuel Tank Filled Up But Gauge Is 75% (¾) by HenryWilliams(m): 8:29am On Dec 10, 2017
Check fuel gauge float and sensor.. Probably defective..
Re: Fuel Tank Filled Up But Gauge Is 75% (¾) by jaychubi: 2:29pm On Dec 10, 2017
It takes abt 15 minutes of driving for the guage to move appropriately else it's faulty
Re: Fuel Tank Filled Up But Gauge Is 75% (¾) by temmym4(m): 7:06pm On Dec 10, 2017
Thanks for the response guys.

It was actually faulty. i took it to my mechanic today and he brought out the Pump/Sensor from the Tank (Both were actually designed attached). It was corrected and everything worked fine.

Getting to his workshop, my Fuel gauge was already ½. Opening the Tank and we saw that Fuel was filled to the brim.

Attached are the pictures before and After.

Re: Fuel Tank Filled Up But Gauge Is 75% (¾) by temmym4(m): 7:12pm On Dec 10, 2017
3kay945:
grin mine seems to be the opposite,. I put 6k fuel and the gauge jumped passed the full mark! When the tank wsnt full. I think its the fuel pump sensor or setting thing.

lolz. This one weakened me grin grin
Re: Fuel Tank Filled Up But Gauge Is 75% (¾) by MRLANNISTER(m): 5:03pm On Dec 11, 2017
temmym4:
Thanks for the response guys.

It was actually faulty. i took it to my mechanic today and he brought out the Pump/Sensor from the Tank (Both were actually designed attached). It was corrected and everything worked fine.

Getting to his workshop, my Fuel gauge was already ½. Opening the Tank and we saw that Fuel was filled to the brim.

Attached are the pictures before and After.

You did 200KM in between the before and after shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Fuel Tank Filled Up But Gauge Is 75% (¾) by temmym4(m): 9:43pm On Dec 11, 2017
MRLANNISTER:

You did 200KM in between the before and after shocked shocked

lol. what's the big deal in doing 200KM in one day? i do more than that when there is a need for it.
But bros your eyes sharp o. wetin u find go my odometer self grin
Re: Fuel Tank Filled Up But Gauge Is 75% (¾) by MRLANNISTER(m): 2:17pm On Dec 12, 2017
grin
temmym4:

lol. what's the big deal in doing 200KM in one day? i do more than that when there is a need for it.
But bros your eyes sharp o. wetin u find go my odometer self grin

(1) (Reply)

I Have Some Learning To Do / Toyota Camry 2007 (spider)charging System: / Photo: Corolla Vs Camry Vs Yaris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.