Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad (17365 Views)

Five Reasons Nigerians Choose To Study At The University Of Dundee / 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad-opinion / Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by Danladi7: 10:25am On Dec 10, 2017
Bidobado:

Anyone with sense can be tell that his write up has a hateful and envious undertone. Last time I had a simple cannula inserted in my hand in a Nigerian hospital, my whole left fist was covered in scars, plus Nigerian medics lack the compassion and empathy to be carers. They are very mean, rude, nonchalant and corrupt.
Have you been inserted by a foreign trained doctor or abroad before?

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by Danladi7: 10:36am On Dec 10, 2017
Nyoyokomkpat:

Lol
I am one of them. And many of my friends.
There are years that jamb scores will low across board such that someone with 220 can be admitted.
About the merit part, you are not far from the truth.
Some schools do 60% based on merit, 10% based on educational less developed states, 10% catchment areas,10% to indigenes of the community and the other 10% to VCs people. It happens in the world over.
Their thinking is that you can't put someone from IMO state on the same level with someone from Benue state, though I have never been a fan of all thos non-merit shit though.

If your parents have money, go Afe babalola university and study medicine ohh. They are good. They won the south west Medical quiz beating Unilag, Uni Ibadan and Unilorin.
All the best
which Quiz?

An
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by Tbamo(m): 10:46am On Dec 10, 2017
Nyoyokomkpat:

Lol
I am one of them. And many of my friends.
There are years that jamb scores will low across board such that someone with 220 can be admitted.
About the merit part, you are not far from the truth.
Some schools do 60% based on merit, 10% based on educational less developed states, 10% catchment areas,10% to indigenes of the community and the other 10% to VCs people. It happens in the world over.
Their thinking is that you can't put someone from IMO state on the same level with someone from Benue state, though I have never been a fan of all thos non-merit shit though.

If your parents have money, go Afe babalola university and study medicine ohh. They are good. They won the south west Medical quiz beating Unilag, Uni Ibadan and Unilorin.

All the best
Is that the fake news abuad is selling that they won the quiz ? For which year ? The finals were popularised here on nairaland and I remember the finals were between uch and oau !
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by Danladi7: 10:51am On Dec 10, 2017
Thise people saying the OP has low self esteem are also suffering from inferiority complex!

so USA graduates are also envying FMG for asking them to pass USMLE before practicing in US?

millions of UK and indian trained Doctors have failed USMLE,does that means USA is intentionally frustrating them?

Also,majority of people condemning the OP know nothing about medical training and licensing!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 10, 2017
Tbamo:

Is that the fake news abuad is selling that they won the quiz ? For which year ? The finals were popularised here on nairaland and I remember the finals were between uch and oau !

Lol
ABUAD could not make it to the national quiz which was held in Gombe state due to insecurities.
They are hardly allowed to travel far from the school.
Even to come for CMDA national convention is difficult.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by LMay(f): 1:00pm On Dec 10, 2017
OP, I can categorically say that you're very ignorant. Your assertions are false. Please, go get some education in this subject matter before spreading your ignorance to susceptible people.

A doctor who trained in America and one who trained in Ghana will write a licensing exam before they practice in Nigeria.

The same way a doctor who trained in Nigeria will write a licensing exam before s/he can practice in Ukraine, US, Ghana, etc.

It's simple logic; the only country where you can practice without writing an assessment exam is the country where you were trained.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by phkka1(m): 1:06pm On Dec 10, 2017
The writer of this topic must be among those who collected money from the foreign medical graduates he passed and failed those who did not pay him.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by lebete3000: 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2017
Mbediogu:

I remember one such doctor when we were growing up at the teaching hospital. He did not observe the the L and R signs on an Xray. He and his fellow FMG , a urologist went in for nephrectomy on a Bulgarian woman married to a Nigerian and ended up excising the functional organ. Those days everything removed in the theatre was sent for histology. That was how it was found out. The patient had no chance and the two FMGs (one from Lagos, the other from Edo) left unceremoniously on their own. Re training is very important for suspect graduates in ALL PROFESSIONS especially in these days of 419 when even the dollar is being forged talk of certificates.

My brother thanks for this wonderful contribution, it's such a pity we have a lot of dvmb folks on this thread who couldn't comprehend what the OP wrote despite him being explicitly clear, but are instead yapping about ppl who fly to India for treatment. Didn't the OP state that the FMGs don't get same quality education the citizens there get and can't even do apprenticeship but are sent back to Nigeria as inferior goods to treat y'all.

It's ds same inferior mentality that'll make y'all fly to India for a Kidney transplant that ordinary FMC Umahia just did and many Federal hospitals do all around.

Well this country was never meant to be in the first place that's why there's a total lack of patriotism which is our main problem.

PS- Naija is just a proud dumping ground where anything you bring from a light-skinned coloured country is worshipped even if it's a pile of shyte.

Ordinary chinco Lebanese go dey body us for here.
SMH.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by lebete3000: 1:29pm On Dec 10, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Not gonna lie to you. It's tough if you study abroad and you want to pass the MDCN licence exam... If you decide to study abroad, take all 5yrs seriously especially the last two years and most importantly, start learning about Tropical diseases in Africa and diseases common to Africa not them cancer and all we do here.. Two out of 4 of my friends who studied here passed and two failed on their first attempt. The ones who passed had a really good experience with the 4 months tutorial organized by the MDCN in Kaduna and passed the exam. The other two were victims of the Ilorin saga. I don't need to start sharing details of the daily embarrassments they faced from the lecturers and Doctors, classes that were cancelled because there was no light and the stressful 3 months (instead of 4) they faced due to poor organization, expressed jealousy and bias up till the exam day where questions were suddenly changed (remember most of them 5yrs study background is different from Nigeria and they had to catch up in 3months).. That's failure even before writing exams.
It's much better if the state the license exam is Foreign student friendly like Kaduna, Edo etc. Don't let Nigeria decide your fate. The hatred is already a problem if you studied abroad.

I hope it won't be like this for those of us attempting in few years to come.

My brother there's really no hate against y'all, the only thing we got is disgust for you guys. Cos you guys are so pompous always making noise in the TV room at OAUTHC but end up having absolutely nothing upstairs.
Isn't that as disgusting as it can get??

A place where a doc doesn't know the average blood volume, doesn't know the average weight of a man, has never heard of cytokines, said the commonest cause of Rectal Bleeding is Intestinal Cancer. Tell me where one wants to start from which such a "doc". And they now worsen it with pomposity.

Arrogance in Ignorance, Empty Barrels.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by SmooshCHN: 2:20pm On Dec 10, 2017
lebete3000:

My brother there's really no hate against y'all, the only thing we got is disgust for you guys. Cos you guys are so pompous always making noise in the TV room at OAUTHC but end up having absolutely nothing upstairs.

A place where a doc doesn't know the average blood volume, doesn't know the average weight of a man, has never heard of cytokines, said the commonest cause of Rectal Bleeding is Intestinal Cancer. Tell me where one wants to start from which such a "doc". And they now worsen it with pomposity.

Well, you sound very fierce on this one and I care less of what you think about how people choose to live their lives whether they are pompous or humble outside the Doctor's patient environment. You aren't any different throwing words around.

If you actually read most of what I wrote up there, you wouldn't need to express your disgust. You'd understand my post was aimed at encouraging the Medical Council creating a neutral ground for every student who attempted the License Exam. And if they fail, they fail. Americans fail USMLE, those in UK also fail PLAB.

If an exam council is fuelled and governed by those who are disgusted by foreign students, this means there's an existing a bias already against those seeking Medical License. This same type of disgust you extensively expressed goes down to the MDCN council and extends to those who are in charge of lectures to be given to those seeking License and those in charge of the exam which ultimately proves that the whole transition scheme, assessment and exam is Flawed.

If they'd drop the personal vendetta against foreign students and take each and every of them as a "Foreign Student seeking a License" and not just another "Pompous Empty head", organize a well structured and functional system for a better transition would it kill any of the already serving Doctors? Would it hurt anyone? Definitely No!! But instead, Disgust against them must be expressed at every level.

You should ask yourself how a well structured organization managed to give license to someone who doesn't know the average body weight.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by SmooshCHN: 2:24pm On Dec 10, 2017
lebete3000:

My brother thanks for this wonderful contribution, it's such a pity we have a lot of dvmb folks on this thread who couldn't comprehend what the OP wrote despite him being explicitly clear, but are instead yapping about ppl who fly to India for treatment. Didn't the OP state that the FMGs don't get same quality education the citizens there get and can't even do apprenticeship but are sent back to Nigeria as inferior goods to treat y'all.

It's ds same inferior mentality that'll make y'all fly to India for a Kidney transplant that ordinary FMC Umahia just did and many Federal hospitals do all around.

Well this country was never meant to be in the first place that's why there's a total lack of patriotism which is our main problem.

PS- Naija is just a proud dumping ground where anything you bring from a light-skinned coloured country is worshipped even if it's a pile of shyte.

Ordinary chinco Lebanese go dey body us for here.
SMH.
There's truth in this you posted.. But please read it yourself and let's not pretend this doesn't highlight the problem of our country.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by Heffalump(m): 3:04pm On Dec 10, 2017
LegitBoy:
Are you comparing UKRAINE AND INDIA Health facilities to that of Nigeria? Even Kenya in Africa is better than Nigeria.

Sentiments aside, op was emphatic about how foreign medical students are trained in some countries and the discriminations against them. Never had he compared facilities back here in Nigeria with other nations thru out his piece. No matter how painful it may seem, you cannot deny the basic facts put up there.

Moral of the Lesson:
If you must study medicine abroad, ensure all-round development to enable you practice locally and internationally.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by NiRfreak(m): 3:27pm On Dec 10, 2017
acupikin:
I didn't steal the credit is on my site,maybe I forgot to add his name on nairaland he is also my fb friend ,a very good one
You are really a fool and a big thief if this guy is truly a friend of yours on Facebook. Saying you forgot to add his name just shows the big liar you are after getting the whole praise. plagiarism is a big offence and a form of academic wickedness. Its very unfair. Even the bloggers are thief and we all know most bloggers here are plagiarists, but being his friend , having read the original post, you went as far as Nairaland to claim is effort, you are a big thief. Stop it, it won't take u far.
N:B I know the true owner of this post on Facebook, he's also my Facebook friend and I read the post immediately he posted a day or two days ago. Coming here to read it without due credit given to him is painful and a shame on you. This is the Facebook profile name of the writer: Peter Adeosun Keyz

Acupikin or whats your name again, you are one of the bad friends he has friend on Facebook..Ole oshi..and I won't be surprised if u are also the owner of the shitty blog. Nonsense
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by Emmyblaqie: 3:29pm On Dec 10, 2017
D OP sound intimidated by d foreign trained Doctors...d truth z, Nigeria does nt av good nd modern facilities... I mean "modern" to train Competent doctors...Anoda tin, Nigeria medical education z ancient..nd y wnt dey go abroad wen strike strike strike every wer...u urslf, ar u proud of it?? Goin abroad because u cudn't get admitted in2 Nigerian university z nt shameful. Itz d best, rather dan staying in dis frustrating country nd writing Jamb...u folks dat cudn't skul abroad shudn't be writing post dat sound Jealous nd intimidating. They cud afford it, so??...even if itz Togo...e beta pass Naija. Even minister of education said so. Dis wnt stop me 4rm goin 2 study medicine abroad..

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by acupikin: 4:06pm On Dec 10, 2017
NiRfreak:
You are really a fool and a big thief if this guy is truly a friend of yours on Facebook. Saying you forgot to add his name just shows the big liar you are after getting the whole praise. plagiarism is a big offence and a form of academic wickedness. Its very unfair. Even the bloggers are thief and we all know most bloggers here are plagiarists, but being his friend , having read the original post, you went as far as Nairaland to claim is effort, you are a big thief. Stop it, it won't take u far.
N:B I know the true owner of this post on Facebook, he's also my Facebook friend and I read the post immediately he posted a day or two days ago. Coming here to read it without due credit given to him is painful and a shame on you. This is the Facebook profile name of the writer: Peter Adeosun Keyz

Acupikin or whats your name again, you are one of the bad friends he has friend on Facebook..Ole oshi..and I won't be surprised if u are also the owner of the shitty blog. Nonsense

you are a big fool too....don't u understand it went on nl fp before I could think..and there is no way o can edit the post since its on fp
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by lebete3000: 6:21pm On Dec 10, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Well, you sound very fierce on this one and I care less of what you think about how people choose to live their lives whether they are pompous or humble outside the Doctor's patient environment. You aren't any different throwing words around.

If you actually read most of what I wrote up there, you wouldn't need to express your disgust. You'd understand my post was aimed at encouraging the Medical Council creating a neutral ground for every student who attempted the License Exam. And if they fail, they fail. Americans fail USMLE, those in UK also fail PLAB.

If an exam council is fuelled and governed by those who are disgusted by foreign students, this means there's an existing a bias already against those seeking Medical License. This same type of disgust you extensively expressed goes down to the MDCN council and extends to those who are in charge of lectures to be given to those seeking License and those in charge of the exam which ultimately proves that the whole transition scheme, assessment and exam is Flawed.

If they'd drop the personal vendetta against foreign students and take each and every of them as a "Foreign Student seeking a License" and not just another "Pompous Empty head", organize a well structured and functional system for a better transition would it kill any of the already serving Doctors? Would it hurt anyone? Definitely No!! But instead, Disgust against them must be expressed at every level.

You should ask yourself how a well structured organization managed to give license to someone who doesn't know the average body weight.

Why can't you just acceptr you guys are empty barrels and do away with your persecutory delusions...it makes you look weak and foolish.

What do you mean by MDCN having double standards? You mean they set a different exams from what they teach or what? Medicine is universal worldwide only that some diseases occur more commonly in other terrains than others.

You sound like someone who thinks they're setting different exams for people, I am preparing for the USMLE and I'm not starting with KAPLAN but with the main texts, by the time I'm through with that then I can come down to specifics in KAPLAN, that is how an excellent doctor studies for exams, not looking for Area of Concentration as you're inferring. I'm sure if you were actually well trained abroad you'll know that, cos only weak students of your type end up with Area of Confusion.

My response here is not to throw words around but to save unsuspecting Nigerians who majority of them are also cajoled and hoodwinked with the Oyinbo mentality like your ilk from your destruction.

A place where a Medical Officer from Sudan was left in the Paediatric unit and neonate were just dying like pure water, dvmb head had to be repatriated to the GOPD to protect our future kids from her disaster.

It's just appalling saying I'm jealous of a bunch of Bimbos who don't even possess the basic knowledge of the tenets of Medicine, but this is Nigeria where anything goes.

The same FMGs that had terrible grades in other African countries like Ghana, Kenya etc and hid their face in shame will come to Naija where they even had a better pass mark and start raising dust and threatening brimstone....

Shame!!!

Abeg who get the meme of that black coach clapping away in disgust...I should start screen grabbing some meme for dummies like this.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by lebete3000: 6:27pm On Dec 10, 2017
Emmyblaqie:
D OP sound intimidated by d foreign trained Doctors...d truth z, Nigeria does nt av good nd modern facilities... I mean "modern" to train Competent doctors...Anoda tin, Nigeria medical education z ancient..nd y wnt dey go abroad wen strike strike strike every wer...u urslf, ar u proud of it?? Goin abroad because u cudn't get admitted in2 Nigerian university z nt shameful. Itz d best, rather dan staying in dis frustrating country nd writing Jamb...u folks dat cudn't skul abroad shudn't be writing post dat sound Jealous nd intimidating. They cud afford it, so??...even if itz Togo...e beta pass Naija. Even minister of education said so. Dis wnt stop me 4rm goin 2 study medicine abroad..

My dear pls hurry up and go, atleast I'll have one less smart doc to compete with. grin
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by lebete3000: 6:29pm On Dec 10, 2017
Heffalump:

Sentiments aside, op was emphatic about how foreign medical students are trained in some countries and the discriminations against them. Never had he compared facilities back here in Nigeria with other nations thru out his piece. No matter how painful it may seem, you cannot deny the basic facts put up there.

Moral of the Lesson:
If you must study medicine abroad, ensure all-round development to enable you practice locally and internationally.

My dear may God bless your grey and white matter with more contents, they'll just be concocting stories up and down to justify their foolishness.

I've never seen a country as shameless as Nigeria!
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by lebete3000: 6:36pm On Dec 10, 2017
SmooshCHN:

PS- This is the first time MDCN is standing up against rubbish, I did my hj in 2012 and I remember Professor Ndububa saying "it's just a pity you guys will still end up getting passed and Nigeria will suffer for it" when he saw how watery you guys are.

Sorry bro free border don close, now it's time to be a good Doctor in Nigeria, thumbs up to MDCN, they got it right on this one.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by piagetskinner(m): 6:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
because you don't have money to get trained abroad doesn't mean you should belittle those who do

how can you compare the standard of medicine abroad with Nigeria's?.. its a far cry Mr man...i don't know y you're pained..because your write up is flawed
most Nigerian doctors are just proud. they don't even know how to diagnose properly.. and then you say ure better than to those who had proper training
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 10, 2017
Danladi7:

Have you been inserted by a foreign trained doctor or abroad before?

The answer to your question is between the lines.. Read it again..
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by Danladi7: 8:11pm On Dec 10, 2017
piagetskinner:
because you don't have money to get trained abroad doesn't mean you should belittle those who do

how can you compare the standard of medicine abroad with Nigeria's?.. its a far cry Mr man...i don't know y you're pained..because your write up is flawed
most Nigerian doctors are just proud. they don't even know how to diagnose properly.. and then you say ure better than to those who had proper training

The fact is that those foreign trained doctors failed Nigerian licencing exam.simple!

Enough of this inferiority complex!....nobody is belittling anybody!

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by SmooshCHN: 8:25pm On Dec 10, 2017
lebete3000:

Why can't you just acceptr you guys are empty barrels and do away with your persecutory delusions...it makes you look weak and foolish.

What do you mean by MDCN having double standards? You mean they set a different exams from what they teach or what? Medicine is universal worldwide only that some diseases occur more commonly in other terrains than others.

You sound like someone who thinks they're setting different exams for people, I am preparing for the USMLE and I'm not starting with KAPLAN but with the main texts, by the time I'm through with that then I can come down to specifics in KAPLAN, that is how an excellent doctor studies for exams, not looking for Area of Concentration as you're inferring. I'm sure if you were actually well trained abroad you'll know that, cos only weak students of your type end up with Area of Confusion.

My response here is not to throw words around but to save unsuspecting Nigerians who majority of them are also cajoled and hoodwinked with the Oyinbo mentality like your ilk from your destruction.

A place where a Medical Officer from Sudan was left in the Paediatric unit and neonate were just dying like pure water, dvmb head had to be repatriated to the GOPD to protect our future kids from her disaster.

It's just appalling saying I'm jealous of a bunch of Bimbos who don't even possess the basic knowledge of the tenets of Medicine, but this is Nigeria where anything goes.

The same FMGs that had terrible grades in other African countries like Ghana, Kenya etc and hid their face in shame will come to Naija where they even had a better pass mark and start raising dust and threatening brimstone....

Shame!!!

Abeg who get the meme of that black coach clapping away in disgust...I should start screen grabbing some meme for dummies like this.

Lmao!!! It was only a matter of time before you come up heated insults, vague points and better lies to suite your points which doesn't even relate to what I was saying about the exam. With all you wrote up there, the problem isn't far fetched. If you're educated, you'll read your posts and see the problem lies with the MDCN and those in charge of the health care system (assuming your lies about Foreign doctor responsible for death of multiple infants and the one who doesn't know the average weight of a human were true). It really shows how prestigious the MDCN is.

Chill out with the lies
lebete3000:

it makes you look weak and foolish.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by delana(m): 8:29pm On Dec 10, 2017
piagetskinner:

Abroad where exactly ? The basics of undergraduate medical education is simply to integrate your clinical knowledge into clinical practice , know how to take a good history and examine appropriately, order the necessary investigation not consuming the patient's money and formulate reasonable differentials, refer the patient if need be. Remember the curriculum we use here in Nigeria is far differs from what obtains in Ukraine , Russia, the cases we see are different, so it wont be easy for any foreign trained doc to adapt here hence the need for the remedial program. A friend who schooled in Ukraine once told me they don't read textbooks the way we do here , I asked about patient contact , she said it was minimal , she said they are given all the materials they will be needing for each semester /year at once and they are examined after each course , so no professional exams like in Nigeria . My opinion is medicine I Nigeria is behind but the average Nigerian medical graduate is good , am not looking down on the foreign trained but if u must travel pls make it uk , us or any other nice country though quite expensive, u will receive standard training , a friend who trained in Ukraine once diagnosed a suspected peptic ulcer case as koch's disease , am not saying they are bad but some cant match the clinical judgment necessary in d Nigerian setting , its not everytime u will have access to the best diagnostic technology

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by delana(m): 8:34pm On Dec 10, 2017
Abroad where exactly ? The basics of undergraduate medical education is simply to integrate your clinical knowledge into clinical practice , know how to take a good history and examine appropriately, order the necessary investigation not consuming the patient's money and formulate reasonable differentials, refer the patient if need be. Remember the curriculum we use here in Nigeria is far differs from what obtains in Ukraine , Russia, the cases we see are different, so it wont be easy for any foreign trained doc to adapt here hence the need for the remedial program. A friend who schooled in Ukraine once told me they don't read textbooks the way we do here , I asked about patient contact , she said it was minimal , she said they are given all the materials they will be needing for each semester /year at once and they are examined after each course , so no professional exams like in Nigeria . My opinion is medicine I Nigeria is behind but the average Nigerian medical graduate is good , am not looking down on the foreign trained but if u must travel pls make it uk , us or any other nice country though quite expensive, u will receive standard training , a friend who trained in Ukraine once diagnosed a suspected peptic ulcer case as koch's disease , am not saying they are bad but some cant match the clinical judgment necessary in d Nigerian setting , its not everytime u will have access to the best diagnostic technology
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by lebete3000: 8:34pm On Dec 10, 2017
SmooshCHN:

Lmao!!! It was only a matter of time before you come up heated insults, vague points and better lies to suite your points which doesn't even relate to what I was saying about the exam. With all you wrote up there, the problem isn't far fetched. If you're educated, you'll read your posts and see the problem lies with the MDCN and those in charge of the health care system (assuming your lies about Foreign doctor responsible for death of multiple infants and the one who doesn't know the average weight of a human were true). It really shows how prestigious the MDCN is.

Chill out with the lies

What is this one saying?

I bet you still won't pass JAMB despite being an FMG...

Indeed MDCN is actually wrong because they shouldn't even have done any screening for you guys sef.

You all should go and take that JAMB you're all so scared of! grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by lebete3000: 8:43pm On Dec 10, 2017
delana:

There's no crime in diagnosing Koch's dx but ask him to justify his claim and he'll just mumble one mumbo jumbo from God knows where.

I can sense your euphemism and it's cool and mature, you however nailed it when you advised them to go to the UK for standard training. Those ones have standards throughout not like those east European countries that'll do anything for money.

The problem with Naija ppl be sey, dem no know sey Oyinbo different from Oyinbo, any body wey resemble Whitie na God for them eyes and will fight tooth and nail to defend them. That's how one Substaff that works as an Assistant in a hospital in Egypt was employed as a Paediatric Consultant in Katsina collecting even more than Naija consultants cos she's "foreign" and d parastatals then were said to be bragging on TV that they've employed foreigners so Southerners can go back South, they even started frustrating and terminating most Southerners contract and said they were jealous of the Oyinbo doctors they brought same way this Shenanigan is yapping here.

After 6months the indigenes started wailing saying this "doctors" no sabi anything and diedie too much, not knowing they have been scammed with something as basic and primitive as Complexion.

Chai! Naija which way na?

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by yassinattah(m): 3:34am On Dec 11, 2017
SmooshCHN:
I clicked on this thread to see if there'll be any sane points someone else will come up with which may be different from the sheer hatred for Foreign Medical Student that has been expressed by the MDCN, the regular citizen like you and down to the senate..

All your points only showed how shallow, shameless and incompetent people like you think and the MDCN..

I'll start from here.

It's good you know Nigeria isn't up to the global standard in medical practice or healthcare. While it's still a developing country, it totally makes sense that students will study abroad and definitely go for countries with better medical standards compared to Nigerias'

Medicine and Surgery requires higher cutoff marks compared to most courses.. First there is competition, corruption in the admisson system, candidates picking wrong school choices, being an indigene of a particular state (I got 272 in my Jamb, wrote post utme and got 70 when the cut off mark is 60 but i was offered ANIMAL SCIENCE.. Not even Microbiology. when those from the state who got 60 to 65 were offered Medicine and 66 to 70 were for those on Dean's or H.O.D's list . I was then told i'm supposed to settle some individuals to get my name on the admission list). This is what our Universities have turned into..

Getting admission isn't even by Merit anymore.. You need to know people that knows someone and pay to study for a course of your chioce. Meanwhile, the schools abroad require your SSCE certificate, accept BSc, TOEFL, etc and other academic qualifications and don't stress your life or waste your time. All they do is convert the results to their standard and yes!! Even Asain countries reject poor SSCE grades.
And

This is jealousy, pure inferiority complex and low self esteem speaking. You should've just said you feel intimidated by the so called "children of rich people" who can afford to study abroad. The problem is from you who already feel inferior. Those who attempted the exams were already tortured psychologically because they are "FMGs", they faced verbal harassment from the lecturers who are already filled with hate and jealousy.

Those nonsense you wrote about racism are pure lies just to buttress your empty points.. I have friends in Ukraine, China, Russia and they go for practical classes from first year, exposed to cadavers as early as first year, and go to hospitals, interact with patients (no treatments allowed because students are not licence doctors), allowed to diagnose patients (including taking patient's history and vital signs, performing physical examinations, discussing the signs and symptoms and treatments according to patient's case etc.) as early as 2nd year up till final year.. This is how it is done here in China. You can apply for license exam in these countries so far you observed your internship there and passed the license exam with proper working documents. So please stop the lies about not touching patients or getting to the theater room throughout medical school.

Where the problem lies is what foreign students actually study. The cases they deal with on a daily basis is totally different from Nigeria or Africa.. Most diseases they study are related to Cancer, Cardiovascular diseases, Intestinal and non communicable diseases compared to Africa or Nigeria where we have tropical diseases and communicable diseases.. This major difference is why the MDCN 4 month compulsory tutorial was set up (The one at Ilorin only lasted 3 months marred by poor organization from the tutorials down to the exam). They are supposed to be prepare that stage of transition for the Foreign Medical Students.. How do you expect people who studied a different system for 5/6yrs catch up to your system in 3 months? Are they robots? Even if they are, your constant expression of jealousy and hatred wouldn't even allow a fair ground. The failed transition process prove they are incompetent. Nigerian doctors who run to the UK fail PLAB on their first attempts as well. It doesn't mean they are incompetent.

There has to be a well structured platform for transition, well organized lessons (not the nonsense the MDCN organized at Ilorin), fair platform not inspired or filled with hatred and jealousy. No sane "children of rich people" in your language FMG seeking medical license will go about harrassing you with their tag. Organize a transparent system and if they fail, they fail.

Foreign Medical Students fail Licence Exams every time, everywhere in the world, some aren't academically sound enough and some are sound but lack a competent transition platform.. If Nigeria is satisfied with the Doctors they have, they can just scrap the MDCN program for FMGs instead of going about trying to ridicule them as if the country hasn't already failed it's own people.

Take it Eaziiiiii u have proved a point.
I trained in 9ja as well,
No one is quarrelling abt the matter,
Please just leave him/her(Writer) be.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by yassinattah(m): 3:57am On Dec 11, 2017
lebete3000:

Stop using a particular Nigerian medical training centre to generalise every other place in 9gria,go to UCH,Unimaid,Unilorin,ABUTH,AKTH,UDUTH,UNTH,NAUTH and a host of others and see 4urself.
I can equally set u a medical brain teaser right now for u n u will outrightly fail,that why there's room for residency training to perfect ur knowledge because no one knows it all.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by lebete3000: 9:11am On Dec 11, 2017
yassinattah:

Stop using a particular Nigerian medical training centre to generalise every other place in 9gria,go to UCH,Unimaid,Unilorin,ABUTH,AKTH,UDUTH,UNTH,NAUTH and a host of others and see 4urself.
I can equally set u a medical brain teaser right now for u n u will outrightly fail,that why there's room for residency training to perfect ur knowledge because no one knows it all.

What's the correlation between my post and the contraption you just concocted up there?
I hope you didn't just resurrect from your slumber to post this crap?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by lebete3000: 9:19am On Dec 11, 2017
My own grouse with these guys is them saying people are hating and jealous of them...

When some set of people are mocked for their failure, instead of them to channel that anger to check themselves up and improve, they'll resort to playing the victim card that people are jealous and hating on them like in this case of FMGs.

Just reminds me of VicO saying ppl are hating on him grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thread For 2019 JAMB Mock Exam / JSS Entry Age Limit: Lagos Debunks Viral Report On Social Media / 6 Reasons Why Students Fail Examination Despite Studying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.