Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,421 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:09 PM

Is It Good For A Catholic To Burn Sandalwood Incense? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Good For A Catholic To Burn Sandalwood Incense? (782 Views)

Muslim Man Entered A Catholic Church In Canada And Prayed (Video, Photos) / I Want The Nigerian Catholic To Defend Pope Now / Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Good For A Catholic To Burn Sandalwood Incense? by Trumpism: 9:03pm On Dec 09, 2017
Fellow Nairanders,

Every night, my catholic friend burns Sandalwood Incense, Lily Incense and Lavender Incense before sleeping. If I ask, he will give me excuses upon excuses.

As for those incense, it is only pagans that use them.

Before I stop associating with him, I want to ask whether it is good or bad for Christians to burn those incense.

Thanks
Re: Is It Good For A Catholic To Burn Sandalwood Incense? by MrBottle: 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2017
What made it a pagan incense?
Do you know how much sandalwood cost in the market.?
Do you know the significance of lily as referenced in the bible?
Do you know how medicinal lavender oil and incense is?
Nigeria pastors has really done a good job beclouding the free thinking mind of their followers that they see evil in even the little thing that God created.
Re: Is It Good For A Catholic To Burn Sandalwood Incense? by otusnora(f): 9:57pm On Dec 09, 2017
well I dont no. I guess I'll find out today.
Re: Is It Good For A Catholic To Burn Sandalwood Incense? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 09, 2017
Trumpism:
Fellow Nairanders,

Every night, my catholic friend burns Sandalwood Incense, Lily Incense and Lavender Incense before sleeping. If I ask, he will give me excuses upon excuses.

As for those incense, it is only pagans that use them.

Before I stop associating with him, I want to ask whether it is good or bad for Christians to burn those incense.

Thanks

Do you prefer he/she makes libations to ifa, ikuku, or jinn's
Re: Is It Good For A Catholic To Burn Sandalwood Incense? by JonathanPeters: 8:38am On Aug 27, 2020
Google says about Incense of sandalwood in the Church:
The use of incense of sandalwood and other incense aromatic, in the liturgical celebrations of the Catholic Church have their origin in the Bible. The burning of incense and the smoke emitted is linked with the prayers of the catholics.
Re: Is It Good For A Catholic To Burn Sandalwood Incense? by GavinHemmings(m): 8:45am On Aug 27, 2020
I think the use of incense is possible if you don't attach as much importance to it as the Krishnas do. Everyone knows that Sandalwood acts as an aid to meditation and deep relaxation. Also, this incense can be used to promote feelings of serenity and to ease irritability and aggression. If incense for you is just a pleasant fragrance that relaxes and soothes, then I don't see any obstacles to use it. And I can say that in addition to sandalwood, I like many other scents of incense. There are so many styles of incense that you can also use. You can read more about this in the blog about incense.

(1) (Reply)

The Prayer Point That Killed Abacha / Lucifer Is The Good Guy And God Is A Sociopath / PETETION TO SEUN: Please Create For Us A Christianity Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.