Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,878 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP (18541 Views)

APC To Get New Chairman, NWC In November / President Buhari swore-in new Chairman and Members of ICPC / Democracy Day Speech By Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by temitemi1(m): 3:56am On Dec 10, 2017
December 10, 2017

PDP - Power to the People

Power to the People-PDP.

Your Excellencies,

The former President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan GCFR

Your Excellency the former Vice Presidents Atiku Abubakar and Nnamdi Sambo

Your Excellencies the former Senate Presidents, Anyim Pius Anyim and David Mark

His Excellency the Deputy Senste President Dr Ike Ekweremadu

Your Excellencies the former Speaker of the House of Representatives Hon. Demji Bankole and Patricia Ette

Your Excellency, the Chairman of the National Caretaker Committee Alhaji Ahmad Makarfi

Your Excellency Chairman of the Convention committee Dr Ifeanyi Okowa

His Excellency Chairman of PDP Forum of Governors Chief Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti states

His Excellencies PDP state Governors

His Excellencies Senate and House Minority leaders Senator Godswill Akpabio and Hon. Leo Ogor respectively

Chairman and Members of the BOT

Members of the National Caretaker Committee

Former Governors and Ministers

Former NWC members

State Chairmen of our party

Distinguished Delegates to this convention,

Members of the Press,

Ladies and Gentlemen.

'Rebuilding to Regain'

On behalf of members of the National Working Committee of the Peoples' Democratic Party, i dedicate this mandate to the Almighty God who it has pleased to make this convention successful and grant us this opportunity to serve our great party. We give all glory to God and we commit PDP into his hands.

I stand before you this day, humbled by the mandate you just given to my colleagues and I to lead this great party at this time in Nigeria's political history. We wholeheartedly accept it with extreme gratitude.

Eighteen years ago specifically February 14, 1999, this party made history with its first ever national convention in Jos, Plateau State and since then, has grown to become undisputedly, the largest political party on the African continent.

I recall that before that, precisely on the 19th of August, 1998, our founding fathers gathered here in Abuja to give birth to this party whose aims and objectives were patriotic, with lofty and visionary dreams.

By my understanding, the mandate you have given us today is clear and unambiguous. It is to return our party to power come 2019. As Herculean as this mandate seems, I know it's achievable. My campaign pillars for this election are 'To Rebuild, Reposition and Regain'. Let me assure you great members and leaders of our party, that by the grace of God and with all hands on deck, the brief tenancy of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Aso Rock Villa expires on May 28, 2019. By this, we serve them a quit notice.

This has to be immediate, in order to save our beloved country from disintegration. We are all witnesses to how the unity of this country has been shaken to its very foundation under the watch of the rudderless and clueless APC. We therefore have a gigantic task of retrieving this country from APC's clear lack of direction and confusion starting with the Presidency.

In the words of the 34th President of the United States of America Dwight .D. Eisenhower, "If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power". Judging from this, it is crystal clear to all Nigerians, that APC is not a political party, but a body hurriedly assembled to seize power without a clear cut plan for governance.

Our party on the other hand, was founded on ideals which are totally in tandem with those of the founding fathers of this great country. Those founding fathers had in mind, a prosperous and lasting democracy as captured in the preamble of our constitution clearly stating their desire for a free and egalitarian society. Even in our perceived failure of 2015, we chose to to abide by our strong faith in democracy, willingly conceding power to opposition, thereby elevating the democratic status of Nigeria. We are the true democrats!

i can therefore say without an iota of doubt, that PDP's contributions to the growth and sustenance of democracy in this country in the last 18 years remain unequalled. The best way to celebrate the memories of these founding fathers, is to ensure that the ideals are continuously engaged. (At this juncture great PDP leaders and members here present, let us stand and observe a minute silent for our fallen heroes one of whom is our pioneer National Chairman and former Vice President of this country Dr Alex Ifeanyichukwu Ekwueme GCON who passed on recently)

With your mandate I assure you, that all necessary steps will be taken to avoid a repeat of our past mistakes. Indeed we have learnt our lessons and by this convention, we are now set to forge a new path for our great party and Nigeria. Under my watch, Internal democracy will be strictly adhered to with a deliberate policy to return 'real' power to the people. No more imposition, no more impunity. Every member of this party can from this moment, consider him or herself, an equal shareholder in our common destiny. I call on all Nigerians, of all creed and class, to embrace this new PDP and join in this quest for a new Nigeria. Particularly, I reach out to our old members who for one reason or the other have left the party, to please come back 'home'.

I cannot end this address without acknowledging my co-contestants especially for the chairmanship position. Truth be told, any one of you is eminently qualified to lead this party. I thank you for a worthy contest and being part of history as this marks the first time such a highly competitive contest to produce the leadership of a political party has been held in Nigeria. You have every cause to stand tall and I now extend my hand of fellowship to you all. Let 'US' Rebuild, Reposition & Regain.

In the same breath, let me thank the outgoing National Caretaker Committee led by Senator Ahmed Markafi. We will forever remember your courageous leadership in our most trying times. History will no doubt, be kind to you. I must also thank the Convention Committee led by HE Dr. Arthur Ifeanyi Okowa for a job well done.

Finally in accepting this mandate, I am guided by the words of the 19th President of the United States of America, Rutherford Hayes who said in 1877 "he serves his party best, who serves his country best"

God bless you all

Long live the Peoples' Democratic Party of Nigeria

Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria

PDP-Power to the People

Power to the People-PDP.

I thank you for listening

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by python1: 4:00am On Dec 10, 2017
Mr chairman, to kukuma round off everything, just make sure Atichukwu emerges as the party's presidential candidate. grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by madridguy(m): 4:02am On Dec 10, 2017
@ OP, just want to make shout out to you and please convey my greetings to Pachukwudi44. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by Jirate(m): 4:11am On Dec 10, 2017
it is crystal clear to all Nigerians, that APC is not a political party, but a body hurriedly assembled to seize power without a clear cut plan for governance.

Come 2019, everything Humanly possible should be done to Shove APC out, We are simply tired of thier Ineptitude. They promised us so much but delivered Nothing. We are tired of APC and their Lies. The Time to Speak Out is Now.

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by orion7: 4:15am On Dec 10, 2017
zombies and teeth gnashers now won't be happy reading this.

before they where chanting pDP is a dead party!!!
they were screaming PDP has fallen!!!

but now they are chanting PDP has fallen in the S.W not in Nigeria anymoregrin

in their minds they think their antics of vile tribalism and desperation for relevance will work.
PDP is the only national party in the country. with formidable supporters from all the geopolitical Zones. from akpabio to ekwweremadu to Foyose to atichukwu to shekarawu et all

we will prevail against the evil CabaL

meanwhile Atichukwu 2019 is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind.

zombies, BMC, and other hateful fanatics. let your wailing and teeth gnashing begin

28 Likes

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by jagabanlewis(m): 4:37am On Dec 10, 2017
That's my party..

2 Likes

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by edoman2016: 5:02am On Dec 10, 2017
PDP is a party full of political jobbers, economic sycophants, and financial running dogs of the establishment. God save Nigeria from these looters.

9 Likes

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by python1: 5:08am On Dec 10, 2017
[s]
Jirate:

Come 2019, everything Humanly possible should be done to Shove APC out, We are simply tired of thier Ineptitude. They promised us so much but delivered Nothing. We are tired of APC and their Lies. The Time to Speak Out is Now.
[/s]
Stop making noise because of 5%.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by ehbellsho(m): 5:10am On Dec 10, 2017
It's getting real. I love this.
We r back to Change the Change for a/the better Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by orion7: 5:32am On Dec 10, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]
Stop making noise because of 5%.
o thought you wanted to scream ipod or opad

or tell us pdp is dead.

"which one is stop making noise because of 5%

zombies are now so confused grin

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by python1: 5:34am On Dec 10, 2017
orion7:
o thought you wanted to scream ipod or opad

or tell us pdp is dead.

"which one is stop maling noise because of 5%

zombies are now so confused grin
Which one be maling again?
Funny enough, he is talking about confusion. grin

5 Likes

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by raker300: 5:45am On Dec 10, 2017
Afonjas were promised pdp chairman by the north, the north went ahead and voted against them..

Afonjas were promised riches to fight biafra by the north, the same north went and gave Afonja poison.

Afonja was promised presidency by the north, the same north went and killed the Afonja after winning.

Afonjas were promised positions if they kicked igbos out of Lagos by the north , the same Afonja (akintola) was later killed by the north

Afonjas no go kill us for this country ooo...lol

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by orion7: 5:46am On Dec 10, 2017
python1:

Which one be maling again?
Funny enough, he is talking about confusion. grin

these people have been reduced to looking to looking out for typos.

pdp have done theirs.

I'd love to see apc convention

and watch Dino melaye beat and impregnate remi tinubu grin

23 Likes

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by python1: 5:49am On Dec 10, 2017
orion7:

these people have been reduced to looking to looking out for typos.

pdp has don theirs.

I'd love to see apc convention

and watch Dino melaye beat and impregnate remi tinubu grin
See the confusion I'm talking about. grin

10 Likes

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by bro4u: 5:50am On Dec 10, 2017
raker300:
Afonjas were promised pdp chairman by the north, the north went ahead and voted against them..

Afonjas were promised riches to fight biafra by the north, the same north went and gave Afonja poison.

Afonja was promised presidency by the north, the same north went and killed the Afonja after winning.

Afonjas were promised positions if the kicked igbos out of Lagos by the north , the same Afonja (akintola) was later killed by the north

Afonjas no go kill us for this country ooo...lol
lolz, my brother, Afonjas have really suffered, in the next years to come they'll crying of marginalization

16 Likes

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by centoke30(m): 5:51am On Dec 10, 2017
Ok
Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by raker300: 5:51am On Dec 10, 2017
python1:

its obviously a typo mr. Man.

We understood him perfectly

Your feeble attempt at pontification is so mundane

Now run along little troll..

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by orion7: 5:53am On Dec 10, 2017
python1:
normal liar grin
your reputation precedes you

6 Likes

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by python1: 5:55am On Dec 10, 2017
raker300:
its obviously a typo mr. Man.

We understood him perfectly

Your feeble attempt at pontification is so mundane

Now run along little troll..
This one sef na typo grin

7 Likes

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by raker300: 5:58am On Dec 10, 2017
python1:

is that your comeback..?

This is how you intend to earn your BMC pay?

Boy, you’re slow

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by python1: 5:59am On Dec 10, 2017
raker300:
is that your comeback..?

Boy, you’re slow
No be come back, na typo. I know you are very "fast". grin

4 Likes

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by Iam4Atiku2019: 5:59am On Dec 10, 2017
God be praised.

Enough is enough for the vision-less APC and her direction-less leaders.
Come 2019, Nigeria shall once again prove that no single leader is untouchable, provided he/she is not providing the required leadership.

If not for anything, the very fact that the leaders will know that the Nigerian electorates are now mature and self-willed to remove anybody that messes up, gives me joy, when Atiku emerges and Buhari butted out!

I call on you all; Saraki, Tambuwal, Ameachi, et al to return home.
The PDP has risen!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by orion7: 6:00am On Dec 10, 2017
python1:

zombies be like, since our lies have been busted and pdp had a successful convention.

we will just look for typos.

afterall zombie must wack

26 Likes

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by python1: 6:01am On Dec 10, 2017
orion7:
zombies be like, since our lies have been busted and pdp had a successful convention.

we will just look for typos.

afterall zombie must wack
See what dominates. grin They can't just get it right.

3 Likes

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by orion7: 6:04am On Dec 10, 2017
raker300:
is that your comeback..?
Boy, you’re slow
his level of zombiesm is oustanding.
almost on par with sarrki

1 Like

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by tuniski: 6:06am On Dec 10, 2017
Secondus is the overwhelming choice. PDP on the rise let the gang APC conduct their convention!

2 Likes

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by orion7: 6:08am On Dec 10, 2017
python1:
See what dominates. grin They can't just get it right.
yea busted it means to expose, split, break etc

grin
BTW is that what they pay you for at bmc? I spit on the head of your employer. he is as useless as bubu who employed maina the thief
Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by Iam4Atiku2019: 6:09am On Dec 10, 2017
temitemi1:
December 10, 2017

By my understanding, the mandate you have given us today is clear and unambiguous. It is to return our party to power come 2019. As Herculean as this mandate seems, I know it's achievable. My campaign pillars for this election are 'To Rebuild, Reposition and Regain'. Let me assure you great members and leaders of our party, that by the grace of God and with all hands on deck, the brief tenancy of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Aso Rock Villa expires on May 28, 2019. By this, we serve them a quit notice.

This has to be immediate, in order to save our beloved country from disintegration. We are all witnesses to how the unity of this country has been shaken to its very foundation under the watch of the rudderless and clueless APC. We therefore have a gigantic task of retrieving this country from APC's clear lack of direction and confusion starting with the Presidency

That right there is the right thing to say.
Their tenancy in Aso Rock expires 2019

6 Likes

Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by Nobody: 6:17am On Dec 10, 2017
Political sycophants
Re: Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP by python1: 6:33am On Dec 10, 2017
orion7:

yea busted it means to expose, split, break etc

grin

BTW is that what they pay you for at bmc?
I spit on the head of your employer.
he is as useless as bubu who employed maina the thief
Why are you bothered with what they pay me at bmc and what I'm being paid for? Is it your paying?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: South-West Governors Creating Problem For Tinubu - Miyetti Allah / Abike Dabiri-Erewa Reacts To The Killing Of Another Nigerian In South Africa / NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.