Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,596 members, 7,801,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? (25966 Views)

Man Kicked Out Of Anglican Church In Warri For 'Not Paying Tithe, Dressing Well' / He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed / Should You Be Paying Tithe While You're Owing People Money? — Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by WackyJ1(m): 3:57am On Dec 10, 2017
Since Daddy Freeze started his FreeTheSheeple Movement and many people have joined him in claiming that tithe is not necessary, that it is just a tool of manipulation by modern day pastors to enrich themselves.

Does anyone here actually know anyone who has stopped giving their tithes? Anyone who actually used to take 10% of their earnings and give to God through the church that has stopped since the Large outcry against tithe on social media started?

I ask this because contrary to many people's opinions when looking at the affluence of pastors nationwide. A lot of people do not give their tithe! And I believe that it is this same people that are coming out to cry against giving tithe.
Is the movement really working when it is people that do not give tithe that claim to be part of it?
It takes a lot to take 10% of income and give to the house of God. I once made a sale of 70k+ and 10% of that is #7,000. That is a lot of money relatively. The bigger your income is, the bigger your tithe. It takes a lot of faith for someone to give their tithe especially since they know that it is a man just like themselves that is collecting it. No one is a fool unlike that Daddy freeze and the rest claim. People know just where their tithe is going physically. It is going to take a lot more than arguments to make them stop something that they believe in deeply enough to make them part with their hard earned cash, especially if they have personally seen the benefits of giving it.

So is the anti-tithe movement not a waste of time. When all the members are those who never used to give tithe in the first place? What use is a movement that seeks to enlighten but has not actually enlightened anyone enough to make them change their behavior?

Do you know anyone that has stopped giving their tithe since the FreetheSheeple movement began?

17 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by jeffizy(m): 4:01am On Dec 10, 2017
You got a valuable analysis here.
Unfortunately, since the tithing brouhaha, I've decided to review my belief and stand on it.

108 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Nutase: 5:54am On Dec 10, 2017
a blind man cannot lead another blind man.
who are the sheepie?
confused people without hope looking for the smallest ray of hope to cling unto. they are no different from the touts that were following nnamdi Kanu.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 6:02am On Dec 10, 2017
People can never stop giving to the church, no matter what freeze says. There are people of faith that actually read their bible and pple have been giving to men of God since the beginning of time and they've seen the benefits especially when they give from their heart.

Not all this fake giving we do now that pple will be asking themselves how has the pastor help you back.

Jesus never worked but the bible records they had money bag judas iscariot was stealing from.(john12v4-6) You think jesus will do so much miracles and pple won't give him things freely. Despite he had the power he never used his powers irresponsibly all the time to turn five loves of bread and fish for himself and disciples to eat, many of his needs probably came from the people.

Even the general principle of giving in the world looking at it away from the church, do you give something and expect to get back from the orphanages, widows and beggars you gave to?

Freeze is the one labelling the source of money in churches as tithe cos he feels 10% of people's income all over Nigeria is actually amounting to some huge figures.

To give tithe is hard ooooo, very few pple are doing it diligently. Nigerians no dey smile oooo, what's the population of nigerians that are christians seff, have good jobs, and are diligent enough to pay tithe.
The issue is people give beyond tithe, they give vows, sow huge seed like the widows mite that not even a pastor preached to them and the return is crazy because they were led by God spirit to do it out of the love in their heart not becos they were looking for some return in the first place
What this pastors are getting rich on is God leading some pple to give beyond tithe. Look at the guy that single handedly built a billion naira structure for a church. Is that one tithe.?? That's what's making pastors rich, what if he ddnt build and he gave the church in cash...we will now sit somewhere and start calculating it's our 5000 naira tithe thats is feeding the church

201 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by KardinalZik(m): 6:10am On Dec 10, 2017
Tithe is a DEBT; it's not a gift!
It's my personal scripture-and-faith-led conviction to pay tithe.
NOT EVEN THE DEVIL CAN CONVINCE ME NOT TO PAY.

151 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by WackyJ1(m): 6:37am On Dec 10, 2017
Nutase:
a blind man cannot lead another blind man.
who are the sheepie?
confused people without hope looking for the smallest ray of hope to cling unto. they are no different from the touts that were following nnamdi Kanu.

Who is the blind man?

KardinalZik:

Exactly my point! A lot of people pay tithe based in personal conviction it would take more than just a light skinned man quoting a couple of scriptures to change their minds.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Elnino4ladies: 9:24am On Dec 10, 2017
It has stopped me

193 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Nwodosis(m): 9:24am On Dec 10, 2017
His idea is to empower you with the truth about tithe!

111 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 10, 2017
End time people...
How is that your business.

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 10, 2017
yes

4 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Gkay1(m): 9:25am On Dec 10, 2017
nothing can stop me from paying my tithes. i give to God not to pastor.
By the special grace of God, i will continue to give.

life is per head.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 10, 2017
I

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by DiamondBright: 9:25am On Dec 10, 2017
Not again?
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by olusholajohn(m): 9:25am On Dec 10, 2017
Ok
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by NwaAmaikpe: 9:25am On Dec 10, 2017
shocked

I don't pay tithe.

Trust me, I'm tighter than most of the tithe payers.
How will I deplete my savings in the anticipation of becoming rich; that's foolishness besides God made me rich, he doesn't need my wealth.

I'm tightfisted with Men of God.

156 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by JackBizzle: 9:26am On Dec 10, 2017
A lot have stopped paying tithes even before freeze started.

Tithe will soon become heresy

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
fireeeeeeeeeeee grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by skydancer: 9:26am On Dec 10, 2017
Why should it? Anyone who has decided to give tithe to God works with God directly as their provider and King and a King deserves their treaty. If God is good to you and you choose to recognize His goodness by paying tithe, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. If you don't trust your priest, it is not exactly your right to judge them as still as you are still going to their church. Else, then you may secretly know in your heart that you are in the wrong place but have refused to make the right decision due to fear and social attachments/concerns.

UPDATE
If you are paying tithe but you are not doing great or equivalent works of charity you are not doing it right.
After reading Deuteronomy 14: 22 to 29 as uyplus suggested, I've concluded that a lot have been deceived indeed. I didn't realize that tithe was meant to be given to God -- just like Sundays are for him (and how we give it to him is to rest). Reading it again, I've realized tithes are similar, you give it to God, through celebrating His goodness in your own household and giving to the poor or less privileged.

An interesting sunday indeed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by FaniDan(f): 9:26am On Dec 10, 2017
Even if all the Men of God apologize and say tithing is wrong or voluntary, I have made up my mind to continuously pay my tithe

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Gkay1(m): 9:26am On Dec 10, 2017
[quote author=KardinalZik post=63141319]Tithe is a DEBT; it's not a gift!

me nd u na dsame.

18 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by QuietHammer(m): 9:26am On Dec 10, 2017
Fools think they can buy God's blessing with money. All the Albino AKA Daddy Freeze is asking for is Bible passages where tithing is explicitly commanded.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by phollybee(m): 9:27am On Dec 10, 2017
Some Bloggers go receive generational curse

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 10, 2017
Yes Me angry

4 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Afam4eva(m): 9:27am On Dec 10, 2017
If it has stopped some people from paying tithe, they will be very few. But most importantly, it has made some Christians to start question some aberration in Christendom.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by bedspread: 9:27am On Dec 10, 2017
GOD FORBID!!!!!!!!

GOD FORBID!!!!!!!

GOD FORBID!!!!!!!

GOD FORBID!!!!!!

GOD FORBID!!!!!!

GOD FORBID!!!!!!

GOD FORBID!!!!!!

GOD FORBID!!!!!

I JUST PAID TITHES THIS MORNING

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by obailala(m): 9:28am On Dec 10, 2017
WackyJ1:
Since Daddy Freeze started his FreeTheSheeple Movement and many people have joined him in claiming that tithe is not necessary, that it is just a tool of manipulation my modern day pastors to enrich themselves.

Does anyone here actually know anyone who has stopped giving their tithes? Anyone who actually used to take 10% of their earnings and give to God through the church that has stopped since the Large outcry against tithe on social media started?

I ask this because contrary to many people's opinions when looking at the affluence of pastors nationwide. A lot of people do not give their tithe! And I believe that it is this same people that are coming out to cry against giving tithe.
Is the movement really working when it is people that do not give tithe that claim to be part of it?
It takes a lot to take 10% of income and give to the house of God. I once made a sale of 70k+ and 10% of that is #7,000. That is a lot of money relatively. The bigger your income is, the bigger your tithe. It takes a lot of faith for someone to give their tithe especially since they know that it is a man just like themselves that is collecting it. No one is a fool unlike that Daddy freeze and the rest claim. People know just where their tithe is going physically. It is going to take a lot more than arguments to make them stop something that they believe in deeply enough to make them part with their hard earned cash, especially if they have personally seen the benefits of giving it.

So is the anti-tithe movement not a waste of time. When all the members are those who never used to give tithe in the first place? What use is a movement that seeks to enlighten but has not actually enlightened anyone enough to make them change their behavior?

Do you know anyone that has stopped giving their tithe since the FreetheSheeple movement began?
A lot of people pay tithes for different reasons, a majority do not do so out of a genuine love or faith, but rather out of the crippling fear of the curses they are told would be placed by God on those who do not tithe regularly.

So regarding your point, if there's a person who doesn't pay his tithe, or who doesnt pay regularly, or who sometimes chooses to use part of his tithe to bless the needy, before now such a person may have been constantly living under the fear and discomfort brought by the guilt of not paying tithes as instructed by Nigerian church leaders (i.e. you must bring it regularly to your church). But with some of the messages highlighted by Freeze, some people, many people have actually been liberated from that guilt.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 10, 2017
He might succeed in confusing some but not me

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by plessis: 9:29am On Dec 10, 2017
I don't know about you, but if daddy freeze succeeds in freeing Nigerians from the mental enslavement by Nigerian pastors, I'll mould a statue for him....

Daddy freeze might not be the hero these people want.
But He's the hero they deserve.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Olulo: 9:29am On Dec 10, 2017
I actually started paying my tithe constantly when d argument statement.

21 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by QuietHammer(m): 9:29am On Dec 10, 2017
KardinalZik:

Tithe is a debt? For a jew or a Christian?

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ugandan Pastor Flogs Church Members As Part Of Prayer In Viral Video / Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe / He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.