Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,882 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Why Many Actors, Actresses Attend White-garment Churches – Actress Adesegha - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Many Actors, Actresses Attend White-garment Churches – Actress Adesegha (37032 Views)

8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents / Nine Prominent Yoruba Actors, Actresses Who Are Non-yoruba / Eniola Badmus And Olamide In White Garment (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Many Actors, Actresses Attend White-garment Churches – Actress Adesegha by Ajaodolapo(m): 9:51am On Dec 10, 2017
EsotericMonk:
And I was thinking of visiting a white garment church today just for the fun of it, to know what goes on there, buh that vision part scares shit out of me. I also don't like it when the primary language of communication in a church is Yoruba. Soo not cool
and what's not cool bout it?
Oh, if the language of the environment is Yoruba, they shouldnt spk it?
Oh, is it that it won't look fanciful or European-ish?
It's a shame that even in 2017, some Africans are still under CULTURAL IMPERIALISM. Little wonder, they all feel dapper when they dress in suit, even in the hottest weather, to church on Sundays Jst to look like "Christians"

1 Like

Re: Why Many Actors, Actresses Attend White-garment Churches – Actress Adesegha by omoelerin1: 9:51am On Dec 10, 2017
I also will like to add this: Many Nigerians attend Pentecostal churches because of miracle of prosperity.
'If you want to buy mansion in Lekki before the end of this year, bring #10,000 and come forward for blessing'.
' I prophesy into somebody's life, receive that contract'.

Yet, they don't receive most of these miracles.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Actors, Actresses Attend White-garment Churches – Actress Adesegha by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 10, 2017
Ajaodolapo:
and what's not cool bout it?
Oh, if the language of the environment is Yoruba, they shouldnt spk it?
Oh, is it that it won't look fanciful or European-ish?
It's a shame that even in 2017, some Africans are still under CULTURAL IMPERIALISM. Little wonder, they all feel dapper when they dress in suit, even in the hottest weather, to church on Sundays Jst to look like "Christians"
Before you burst a vein, the language of the environment is Hausa.
Re: Why Many Actors, Actresses Attend White-garment Churches – Actress Adesegha by valdes00(m): 10:23am On Dec 10, 2017
Diso60090:

Who 7 epp?
My friend david in Malaysia..... Don't even underestimate it
Re: Why Many Actors, Actresses Attend White-garment Churches – Actress Adesegha by handsomeyinka(m): 10:29am On Dec 10, 2017
RIPEnglish:
Are you expectations them to attendance black wedding?

Really??....Is this for real!!
Re: Why Many Actors, Actresses Attend White-garment Churches – Actress Adesegha by omoelerin1: 10:31am On Dec 10, 2017
EsotericMonk:

SMH, a C & S church in Kano whose primary language is Yoruba, tell me something, is Yoruba the primary language of Kano? Or you think C&S is only located in Western Nigeria. You need to travel broh , expand your horizon and be informed.
You are still saying nonsense. Where have you been to, Mr. informed?

In a gathering where 100% of the audience speak common language, I don't see reason why a foreign language should be adopted as a form of communication.
I pity many Nigerians Christians who don't speak English as first language, but choose it as if it is the language that God understands. Little Wonder, many of them don't understand the scripture very well, because they don't read the version written in their first language. Little Wonder, they can't pray very well, because they don't pray in their first language.

Now back to your citation. I can conclude that you are only saying what you don't know. Definitely, you are not informed. Wherever there are non Yoruba members among the congregation, definitely, English will be adopted. I will give some examples,
Go to Eternal Sacred C&S, Tejuosho Rd, Yaba, or C&S Movt, Murtala muhamed Rd, Ilorin, and those in Enugu, Port-hacourt, etc. and see whether it is not English they are using.
Re: Why Many Actors, Actresses Attend White-garment Churches – Actress Adesegha by daShield: 10:40am On Dec 10, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Why Many Actors, Actresses Attend White-garment Churches – Actress Adesegha by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 10, 2017
Quality20:
That's how some neighbors of mine will b singing praises of olumba, that olumba is their father and redeemer. They don't even mention Jesus in all their singing and praises. Is Olumba now replacing Jesus among xtians or what? Yet with all d white garments there females are some very cheap whores - always dealing with men and looking at men as if they wanna eat them raw
Hehehh, Brotherhood of the Cross and star isn't a Christian movement, they worship olumba olumba obu as God.
Re: Why Many Actors, Actresses Attend White-garment Churches – Actress Adesegha by Diso60090(m): 10:54am On Dec 10, 2017
valdes00:

My friend david in Malaysia.....
Don't even underestimate it

Nor worry hand go soon meet una
Re: Why Many Actors, Actresses Attend White-garment Churches – Actress Adesegha by jagorinho: 11:27am On Dec 10, 2017
EsotericMonk:
And I was thinking of visiting a white garment church today just for the fun of it, to know what goes on there, buh that vision part scares shit out of me. I also don't like it when the primary language of communication in a church is Yoruba. Soo not cool
lol, so you want them to interact in english to make you happy, the best you can get is an interpreter,dont you know that there are some spiritual problems that does not understand english? you have to use your native language to confront it. I have a calabar church beside my former house in ibadan, they speak exclusively their language and i dont have problems with it.......learn to respect other people's way of doing things
Re: Why Many Actors, Actresses Attend White-garment Churches – Actress Adesegha by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 10, 2017
All these people condemning White garment churches, is not all of them that are bad or into jazz.As with even Pentecostal churches, there are Godly pastors and fake ones too.I'm not a Yoruba man nor a Cele member, but I know a Cele prophet that is different from the rest,he changed my perspectives about white garment churches.God bless you prophet Johnson!
Re: Why Many Actors, Actresses Attend White-garment Churches – Actress Adesegha by valdes00(m): 11:59am On Dec 10, 2017
Diso60090:

Nor worry hand go soon meet una
After the hand don first meet you.....
Re: Why Many Actors, Actresses Attend White-garment Churches – Actress Adesegha by Lalas247(f): 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2017
I fear that church establishment serious
Re: Why Many Actors, Actresses Attend White-garment Churches – Actress Adesegha by chocolatemom(f): 12:14pm On Dec 10, 2017
White garment churches sad[color=#990000][/color]How do they manage to put those cross (crucifix) inside bottles
Re: Why Many Actors, Actresses Attend White-garment Churches – Actress Adesegha by Antoeni(m): 12:57pm On Dec 10, 2017
To get a Major role
Re: Why Many Actors, Actresses Attend White-garment Churches – Actress Adesegha by stieyven(m): 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
jonbellion:
Because they are fools
He who calls his brother a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22
Re: Why Many Actors, Actresses Attend White-garment Churches – Actress Adesegha by omoelerin1: 5:11pm On Dec 10, 2017
EsotericMonk:

Before you burst a vein, the language of the environment is Hausa.
What rubbish is this one saying?
Re: Why Many Actors, Actresses Attend White-garment Churches – Actress Adesegha by Eqbumb(m): 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2017
swizzdre:
Nice lips, blow work comes to mind
With your smth abi...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adedoyin Sulaiman Dies (Lilian Bach's Ex Manager Is Dead) / Governor Akeredolu Tells Teni "You Are Doing Well" / Davido, Maleek Berry, Asa Asika, Bankuli Attend Ycee's Album Listening Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.