Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:50 PM

"Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu (36958 Views)

You’re Wrong, Aworis Are Lagos First Settlers - Bamgbade Counters Oba Of Benin / Benin People ‘owned’ Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them —erelu Abiola Dosunmu / I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by AxxeMan: 2:50am On Dec 11, 2017
ZorGBUooeh:
Well said Ma..My western brothers will soon call you Ipobian.
In those days Eko lagos was a bini war camp from where the binis captured yoruba slaves like exotic monkeys ad auctioned them off as (gbanjo) give away price in the market..
I heard that yoruba slaves where too much in all the bini slave market that if you buy one you get two free.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin
grin grin
grin
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by emmie14: 6:40am On Dec 11, 2017
Terminator1234g:
Come and collect it now
collect? I get share already for Allen avenue and Victoria Island

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 6:49am On Dec 11, 2017
[s]
Housing:

Ijebu Ode always claim they were from Waddai, but they met the Idowa (Omodagbure) in Ijebu-Ode.

Mind you Awujale is not the paramount King to the Ijebus it is Akarigbo who is undoubtedly and undisputed to be from Ile-Ife. All the Remos (Ijebu Aiyepe, Remo, Ilusan, Ikenne, Iperu and others). Ijebu-Igbo, Ijebu Mushin and Odo-Ogbolu also deny Ijebu-Ode. That is one of the reasons that Ijebu-Ode is having problem in fighting for capital of the then proposed Ijebu State, when the issue of Ijebu state was moved. All others claimed they were from Ile-Ife but only Ijebu-Ode claimed to be from Waddai.
[/s]

Even the new Akarigbo dear not utter this nonesense....

1 Like

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 11, 2017
macof:
Greiboy has told you nothing but 100% Yoruba history.

Obanta was son of Oduduwa and Gborowo. Therefore Gborowo is considered the mother of Ijebus
Olu iwa also came from Ife. Ijebu has however existed before both Obanta and his maternal grandfather(Olu-iwa)
Olu-iwa led a fraction of the Idoko people from Ife who themselves weren't the first in ijebuland. Eredo is proof to that

Proof that Olu Iwa came from Ife? Who exactly is Olu Iwa in Ife?
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by macof(m): 6:59am On Dec 11, 2017
Blackfyre:

Proof that Olu Iwa came from Ife? Who exactly is Olu Iwa in Ife?
well that's Ijebu history as told by knowledgeable elders all over ijebuland
I'm not too conversant on Ijebu rituals and traditions but I know Ijebu oriki recount an Ife origin

Btw. Olu-iwa was not king of Ijebu...there was no one single political structure. Obanta was a more central personality over much of ijebuland than olu-iwa.
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 11, 2017
greiboy:
The article you are constantly quoting is the same silly article
same article that claim this silly thing

"The Ijebu legend tracing their origin to Waddai must have brought the known rivalry between them and other Yoruba people. If, indeed, Lamurudu and Oduduwa descended from Omu, the younger brother of Olu-Iwa, there is some sense in the claim that the Ijebus are senior to other Yorubas and cannot, therefore, accept the junior position that put them under the Ooni of Ife or Alafin of Oyo "

Relax bro, I am pretty sure you are not even a yoruba man
I am a scholar even though I hardy show it

Modified
I just saw eredo in your post

What has eredo got to do with flood

bro read eredo very, it was meant for defense during war

Yes i am not a Yoruba boy..

Now, Omu is younger brother to Olu Iwa, and yet Olu Iwa gave his daughter to Oduduwa who happened to be his cousin? Now why will Olu Iwa senior to Omu leave Ife to go be King elsewhere and even give his daughter to his cousin?

Which yeye war did the Ijebus fight prior to where they are today? Do you know that an Ifa priest even sacrificed him self to the sea to keep it at bay from overflowing the bank?.....

I am not quoting nor referring to any stupid article. Btw Olu iwa offering his daughter to his cousin, wouldn't that be incest?.... Your elders in Atan are fools...
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 11, 2017
macof:
well that's Ijebu history as told by knowledgeable elders all over ijebuland
I'm not too conversant on Ijebu rituals and traditions but I know Ijebu oriki recount an Ife origin

Knowledgeable elders aside the Awujale? An Oriki is what tells us who Olu Iwa is in Ife and why his daughter was given to Oduduwa?

You people basically know nothing about the Ijebus...
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by spafu(m): 7:35am On Dec 11, 2017
desreek9:
See how y'all are salivating cos one insignificant person said trash about lagos smh

I would only believe the binis own lagos when the Oba of Benin who will obviously know the ancient history of benin come out to support this claim undecided
The whole Oba of Lagos, wetin una dey call am sef, Akiolu abi na Akiotu, said the same thing. Is he insignificant too? Why do some of you Afonjas always preferring to stand with lies? Is this thing in the blood or should we blame Lai Mohammed for inflicting you guys?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by ready2give(m): 8:50am On Dec 11, 2017
Blackfyre:
But i thought the Idejos own the lands in Lagos?

Plus when the Onirus were paid about 300 thousand pounds by the state government decades back, why wasn't that amount paid to the Bini/Lagos Royal family? Or are the Onirus Bini?

Aunty Erelu, Oya defend this...lie lie people.
Apart from that kingship Bini owns nothing in lagos.
If they own who dey sell land for lagos island

1 Like

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by AxxeMan: 8:51am On Dec 11, 2017
spafu:

The whole Oba of Lagos, wetin una dey call am sef, Akiolu abi na Akiotu, said the same thing. Is he insignificant too? Why do some of you Afonjas always preferring to stand with lies? Is this thing in the blood or should we blame Lai Mohammed for inflicting you guys?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 11, 2017
ready2give:

Aunty Erelu, Oya defend this...lie lie people.
Apart from that kingship Bini owns nothing in lagos.
If they own who dey sell land for lagos island

I tire for all this people oh, simple logic should deduce most things but they will be dribbling about...

greiboy.....no folly to spout anymore?
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by valirex: 9:09am On Dec 11, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I don't care if the Binis are the owners of Liberia but

The Oba of Benin must go.
I'd get protesters to storm his palace...enough of his bad leadership.

We are waiting for you...
Your head seems better on the floor than on your neck...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 11, 2017
Blackfyre:

I tire for all this people oh, simple logic should deduce most things but they will be dribbling about...

greiboy.....no folly to spout anymore?
Bro I don't like to repeat the same thing over and over again. I already gave my opinion based on facts. I don't need to add or subtract anything. if you still doubt my position, you can go to ijebu and conduct a research by yourself.

Adios
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 11, 2017
greiboy:
Bro I don't like to repeat the same thing over and over again. I already gave my opinion based on facts. I don't need to add or subtract anything. if you still doubt my position, you can go to ijebu and conduct a research by yourself.

Adois

your opinion based on conjectures....by whom? elders in Atan? as opposed to royals in Ijebu ode whom are Obanta's descendants.

Next time you see those elders, please ask them who he is, why Olu iwa, an ife man, according to them will give his daughter to his cousin, and if incest is not a taboo in Ife.

Let them also keep the folly within their local government too.
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Dinirojones(m): 10:59am On Dec 11, 2017
baddosky1:

Face and counter the Bini people who have told you to your face that they own Lagos and stop stroking your dishevelled d*ck with the word "Igbos".
another keyboard warrior frm the potopoto republic. ...u better not quote me again to avoid sudden death before the end of this year........ undecided

1 Like

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by PabloAfricanus(m): 12:01pm On Dec 11, 2017
grin wink shocked cool grin

some people are not gonna sleep tonight ooo
see them calling a whole Erelu insignificant and a liar.
Akiolu and Ajayi Bembe said the exact same thing and no rejoinder could counter the facts they presented.
It's way deeper than that ni ooo cheesy
She deliberately withheld many things some people don't wanna hear.

For the folks who can't handle the facts, find out whose signatures were on the treaty that ceded Lagos to the British.
And then find out who the Awori actually were and how large they were before jumping to conclusions.
Lagos is more or less Yoruba in every way, there's no controversy about that, the land or the people.
Its the precolonial history that is being discussed here, and that's the story of who was whom before Lagos became what it is today.

Now where is that loud mouthed cheerleader angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by baddosky1: 2:54pm On Dec 11, 2017
Dinirojones:
another keyboard warrior frm the potopoto republic. ...u better not quote me again to avoid sudden death before the end of this year........ undecided

Hahahaha! See who's talking. An e-warrior from the Open Defecation republic grin

It's you and your parents that will die from a road mishap if you quote me again. Gbegiri- eating parasite.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Housing(m): 3:14pm On Dec 11, 2017
AxxeMan:

Better don't talk rubbish!!

As an Edo Man! We have nothing to do with you Yoruba's or whatever you call yourself now

The present Oba of Bini confirmed Binis roots to Ile-Ife he is still alive, so who are you that is yet to understand simple decorum of public forum discuss.

This Erelu Dosumu is the one that stood against Akinolu the present Oba when he decided to honour Mrs. B.O. Tinubu mother of Wale Tinubu (CEO of OANDO) who is a Bini Princess that she cannot be installed as Yeye Oba of Lagos because of the role played by late K.O. Tinubu who is his mentor in his installation as Oba. That she is not a Lagosian. The title was later given to late Alhaja Abibatu Mogaji during her life time. Is Erelu a Bini name or title?

2 Likes

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by macof(m): 3:14pm On Dec 11, 2017
Blackfyre:

Knowledgeable elders aside the Awujale? An Oriki is what tells us who Olu Iwa is in Ife and why his daughter was given to Oduduwa?

You people basically know nothing about the Ijebus...

Mr. Man relax your nerves.

The Awujale did not grow up in a traditional background neither is he a historian. If you are sincere with yourself you would agree that for about a century now Yoruba history has been turned over to a freak show tale where everyone has something to say....the Awujale is one of those who doesn't know what he is saying

Ijebu cannot be from waddai
1. Ijebu ode(which isnt even the oldest ijebu town, its just the largest) was founded around 1250 AD, and Waddai was founded around 1500AD
2. Ijebuland is filled with Yoruba tradition and culture to the extent that there is no foreign influence save for little Bini touches in Ijebu waterside...certainly no Sudanese influence
3. Ijebu was traditionalist country...Waddai was a Muslim caliphate

It's common sense

1 Like

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by macof(m): 3:17pm On Dec 11, 2017
spafu:

akiolu never said Bini own Lagos. In that video, he only said the Oba of bini is paid homage to at Enuwa, outskirts of lagos

Enuwa happens to be the real bini camp. Lagos town itself is Aromire's land
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by AxxeMan: 3:30pm On Dec 11, 2017
Housing:

The present Oba of Bini confirmed Binis roots to Ile-Ife he is still alive?

What Oba of Benin?

Oya we are waiting tell us!
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by AxxeMan: 3:32pm On Dec 11, 2017
baddosky1:

Hahahaha! See who's talking. An e-warrior from the Open Defecation republic grin

It's you and your parents that will die from a road mishap if you quote me again. Gbegiri- eating parasite.

grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 11, 2017
[s]
macof:

Mr. Man relax your nerves.

The Awujale did not grow up in a traditional background neither is he a historian. If you are sincere with yourself you would agree that for about a century now Yoruba history has been turned over to a freak show tale where everyone has something to say....the Awujale is one of those who doesn't know what he is saying

Ijebu cannot be from waddai
1. Ijebu ode(which isnt even the oldest ijebu town, its just the largest) was founded around 1250 AD, and Waddai was founded around 1500AD
2. Ijebuland is filled with Yoruba tradition and culture to the extent that there is no foreign influence save for little Bini touches in Ijebu waterside...certainly no Sudanese influence
3. Ijebu was traditionalist country...Waddai was a Muslim caliphate

It's common sense
[/s]

Stop shifting goal post, who is Olu Iwa in Ife to give his daughter to Oduduwa? Why did he do so? Isn't that incestuous if Olu Iwa if you claim is a kin to Oduduwa?

It is well known that the whole of Ijebu isn't of Sudanese extraction but by Olu Iwa, the dynasty has the blood. Now why did they leave the Caliphate? Because it is well known they are idol worshippers which Islam forbids....

Post links to back up your claims, this one you are pulling figures and conjectures from thin air or from one Oriki....
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Dinirojones(m): 4:07pm On Dec 11, 2017
baddosky1:

my parents??.....they are both living a good life nd enjoying the fruit of there labour ....I can't say thesame about urs , it's obvious ur mother was seriously raped during the Nigerian civil war , she's still suffering from the trauma .....ask ur father if it's true.....

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by baddosky1: 4:45pm On Dec 11, 2017
Dinirojones:
my parents??.....they are both living a good life nd enjoying the fruit of there labour ....I can't say thesame about urs , it's obvious ur mother was seriously raped during the Nigerian civil war , she's still suffering from the trauma .....ask ur father if it's true.....

Illiterate! It's their labour and not "there labour" embarassed It's evident that upon all the ashawo that your olosho mother did, she still could not train you in school.

Your mother is a harlot who serviced Nigerian and fulani troops and she knows very well that the man you call your father is not your father. You are the son of over a 100 drunks whom your HIV positive mother slept with for a plate of amala. undecided
The proceeds of her prostitution is what you use in rubbing relaxer and shampoo on those beards of yours. No worry...she has HIV and will soon die when it progresses to AIDS and I'll see where you will start feeding from. Those your beards go soon turn to dada! Oponu bastard!! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by AxxeMan: 4:53pm On Dec 11, 2017
baddosky1:

Illiterate! It's their labour and not "there labour" embarassed It's evident that upon all the ashawo that your olosho mother did, she still could not train you in school.

Your mother is a harlot who serviced Nigerian and fulani troops and she knows very well that the man you call your father is not your father. You are the son of over a 100 drunks whom your HIV positive mother slept with for a plate of amala. undecided
The proceeds of her prostitution is what you use in rubbing relaxer and shampoo on those beards of yours. No worry...she has HIV and will soon die when it progresses to AIDS and I'll see where you will start feeding from. Those your beards go soon turn to dada! Oponu bastard!! cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin
God have Mercy

1 Like

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Dinirojones(m): 5:21pm On Dec 11, 2017
baddosky1:

so baba u still have the tym to goan check my profile picture?? At least I know am handsome enuf to upload a pic , kindly upload urs let's see how u look , buh then again greet ur mom for me , can't imagine what ur family might be going tru for the last forty years......this one pain u....make I jus stop here before u start to cry.....adios amigo...
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by baddosky1: 9:11pm On Dec 11, 2017
Dinirojones:
so baba u still have the tym to goan check my profile picture?? At least I know am handsome enuf to upload a pic , kindly upload urs let's see how u look , buh then again greet ur mom for me , can't imagine what ur family might be going tru for the last forty years......this one pain u....make I jus stop here before u start to cry.....adios amigo...

Look at this albino chimpanzee claiming handsome. embarassed embarassed Ok... you are handsome just like your dad on this pic below. cheesy cheesy

How how is he? Please extend my regards to him.

I went to genealogy.com and ran a search on you and was hit with this result asap!

Blood they say is thicker than water! It runs in the genes
grin grin grin

By the way, what were both of you pondering on? You both seem to be in deep thought

Cc: AxxeMan

1 Share

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by AxxeMan: 9:32pm On Dec 11, 2017
baddosky1:

Look at this albino chimpanzee claiming handsome. embarassed embarassed Ok... you are handsome just like your dad on this pic below. cheesy cheesy

I went to genealogy.com and ran a search on you and was hit with this result asap!

grin grin grin

By the way, what were both of you pondering on? You both seem to be in deep thought

Jesus is Lord!!

Perfect Match

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by macof(m): 9:50pm On Dec 11, 2017
Blackfyre:

Stop shifting goal post, who is Olu Iwa in Ife to give his daughter to Oduduwa? Why did he do so? Isn't that incestuous if Olu Iwa if you claim is a kin to Oduduwa?

I never said olu-iwa was related to Oduduwa.

It is well known that the whole of Ijebu isn't of Sudanese extraction but by Olu Iwa, the dynasty has the blood.
not one family compound in Ijebuland is of Sudanese extraction

Now why did they leave the Caliphate? Because it is well known they are idol worshippers which Islam forbids....
oh My! shocked

Comprehension problems, you aren't intelligent at all. You have just posted the very point my last post was trying to make

Ijebu is a traditionalist land. Very typical Yoruba land with all the irunmole and orisha, how can people from Waddai (a Muslim caliphate) come and create a country filled with orisha and irunmole

Common sense

Ps. Orisha veneration is not idol wordhip, if you want to.learn Yoruba history you have to kick out all those religious nonsense from your head

Post links to back up your claims, this one you are pulling figures and conjectures from thin air or from one Oriki....
sorry I rarely post links on Yoruba history, there are hardly any 100% accurate materials on the internet.
And when I do post, I post excerpts from Google books with reliable authors

Ijebu history doesn't have much academic following unlike Awori, Oyo and Ife, so most books on Ijebu are stacked with rubbish

Facts you only need to concern yourself with are
1. Ijebu ode is older than Waddai. Waddai did not exist when Ijebu ode was founded
2. Ijebu cannot have had a Muslim caliphate as a origin
3. Olu-iwa is not the first leader in Ijebu. He also met people there. Eredo is older than Olu-iwa
4. "Olu-iwa" is a title...his name according to oral Ijebu traditions is Osinfaderin
Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Dinirojones(m): 6:38am On Dec 12, 2017
baddosky1:

grin grin grin

hahahahaha...... cheesy cheesy....nigga don use style save my pics ....it's all gud u can keep the pics , buh I can also send u more if u need em..u can save this one too

1 Like

Re: "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu by Roon9(m): 7:09am On Dec 12, 2017
baddosky1:

grin grin grin

Deluded slowpoke. Seems Lucifer has started Masturbating on your brain again. The dude you dissing is obviously more handsome than everyone in your entire miserable generation.

Perhaps if your whoring mom has been diligent enough with her job, your bastard of a father woulda been excuse the fatal mistake of you. Stupid fuucktard

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Studies Show That Black People Are Genetically Programmed To Be Slaves! / Chief Prostrates To Beg Alaafin Of Oyo For Giving Fake Title To US Citizen.PICS / The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.