Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,879 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (911244 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Cynthia063: 10:44am On Feb 24, 2018
yhuci:

How they keep denying people F1 visa. Did they give a reason?
it was my first time...it was jxt doing me like a film show, see their reason below.

1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adesbaba: 10:52am On Feb 24, 2018
Does MSC accounting/MBA finane falls under STEM,?.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by hardeyeanc(m): 11:25am On Feb 24, 2018
Hi house

Please am an ND holder planning to do my degree in US but am married with kid

1. what is the possibility of been granted d visa?

2. Am working in a bank as a contract staff but the pay is not that much to convince the vo if I can sponsor the program. Can I use parent/guardian as a sponsor?

Your advice is needed.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 24, 2018
badruu:

4.38/5.0

Thanks sir.....

Get three years work experience from a multinational firm like PwC, McKinsey, KPMG, Deloitte
Then blow your GMAT out of the way with a >730 score
Goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sKeetz(m): 11:59am On Feb 24, 2018
Please house, I need your advice

I am currently 24 years old and am considering going back to school, I finished secondary school 8 years ago and I couldnt proceed to the university due to circumstances beyond my control.

I want to apply to schools in the US for a bachelors degree, I am ready to take SAT/TOEFL if that will increase my chances of getting admitted. My question is what are my chances of getting the visa considering my age and what can I do to increase my chances.

Thank you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by 30watts: 12:06pm On Feb 24, 2018
No consular officer here, truth is if you don't try you may never know if you will get it or not. The chance that you will get the visa is 50% the chance that you will not is 50%. The best thing to do is start the process, prepare well and hope for the best.

sKeetz:
Please house, I need your advice

I am currently 24 years old and am considering going back to school, I finished secondary school 8 years ago and I couldnt proceed to the university due to circumstances beyond my control.

I want to apply to schools in the US for a bachelors degree, I am ready to take SAT/TOEFL if that will increase my chances of getting admitted. My question is what are my chances of getting the visa considering my age and what can I do to increase my chances.

Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 24, 2018
adesbaba:

SOME MS Finance are STEM programs but you will have to search them yourself

If you want a STEM business program, consider Financial Engineering or Business Analytics

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sKeetz(m): 12:11pm On Feb 24, 2018
30watts:
No consular officer here, truth is if you don't try you may never know if you will get it or not. The chance that you will get the visa is 50% the chance that you will not is 50%. The best thing to do is start the process, prepare well and hope for the best.

Thanks man

Can you advise me on the list of schools to apply for that can offer scholarships?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by akom0908(m): 12:18pm On Feb 24, 2018
Hello house,I want to apply for undergraduate US student visa.Am 28yrs.Hope my age wont be a problem.Need urgent answer plssss.Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by 30watts: 12:27pm On Feb 24, 2018
There are several things to consider with this question, so I cannot advise on school choices for you as you will have to do the research yourself.

What course do you intend to study?
What is your preferred state (or Region)?
Which schools in that state (or Region) have a good and affordable program?
What is the criteria for receiving scholarship?
When are you willing to start? etc

Usually to be eligible for scholarships you will have to score high in the standardized exams. Since you have been out of school for a while, you will need to prepare for these exams very well. Your chances of getting scholarships are better. So the bulk of the work lies with you.

sKeetz:

Thanks man

Can you advise me on the list of schools to apply for that can offer scholarships?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by omomayelakesi: 12:49pm On Feb 24, 2018
Dear all kindly help me with the link with which i can get SAT ebook. i know there use to be a mail with that we can send a blank mail to to the the ebooks but i cant seem to remember it now @lagosismyhome, @walspring, @twoods @imperiouxx @slimmy005 @femi312 and any other person who is privy to the information
LagosismyHome:

I am not current but 10 + years ago....i has 3 friends who went to Wharton using the loan route. No guarantor was needed , the school had its own agreement

So yes it possible but I am not current. Also 10+ plus you had to have some years of experience to go to Wharton and not a fresh graduate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by hardeyeanc(m): 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2018
Still waiting for a response
Cc: Oga Twood
Imperiouxx
Femi312
Lagosismyhome
Ponpon
30watts
Others.
hardeyeanc:
Hi house

2. Am working in a bank as a contract staff but the pay is not that much to convince the vo if I can sponsor the program. Can I use parent/guardian as a sponsor?

Your advice is needed.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TrustGod2018: 2:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
hello good day yu all, please i need suggestions for cheap school for undergraduate in the US that wave out out of state tuition and you be left to pay little amount .i am currently a student in a school in here in USA but want to transfer to find a cheaper school. suggestion please . thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:32pm On Feb 24, 2018
hardeyeanc:
Hi house

Your advice is needed.

Thanks in anticipation

1. Nobody can predict possibilities....

2. If you don't have enough and the sponsor will contribute then yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Abigalbee98(f): 3:01pm On Feb 24, 2018
beezyblaze:

I'm sitting for toefl tho... When are you writing yours??
first week in April.... can u DM me...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sKeetz(m): 3:59pm On Feb 24, 2018
30watts:
There are several things to consider with this question, so I cannot advise on school choices for you as you will have to do the research yourself.

What course do you intend to study?
What is your preferred state (or Region)?
Which schools in that state (or Region) have a good and affordable program?
What is the criteria for receiving scholarship?
When are you willing to start? etc

Usually to be eligible for scholarships you will have to score high in the standardized exams. Since you have been out of school for a while, you will need to prepare for these exams very well. Your chances of getting scholarships are better. So the bulk of the work lies with you.

Ok thanks for your one cent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 4:18pm On Feb 24, 2018
Pls help me out on this

Naughtyvirgin:
@LagosismyHome @Twoods and all d gurus

I'm trying to verify for the very last time b4 I reg for my SAT from y'all...please your candid advise again.
I'm a graduate of Bch with a low cgpa 2.07, I intend studying nursing. Checked out schools in the states and requirements and noticed the least schs opted for a 2.5 gpa.
1) I intend taking the SAT and applying to d schs of my choice for B.sc in Nursing.
2)I'd certainly declare my first degree when filling my D'S 160 form .
3)spoke with a friend offshore and he said since the second degree I'm going for is different from my first I can continue with my application but i should look for a correlation between the two courses.
Having said all this I really hope I'm still on a good track and this won't be an issue?.im asking coz of the vast knowledge and advices on here .....Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aforapple: 4:28pm On Feb 24, 2018
Hello everyone! I'm an addicted follower of this thread but never register on NL. I took the step today as there's fire on the mountain. I've applied 4times to the US embassy in the past 1 yr and few months. First time was on B1/B2 but the other times are F1 based on Lincoln University's MBA I20. I was going to lose hope so I don't sound desperate but truth is I can't do any Msc program in Nigeria. Cutting the story short, I applied to Harvard for their summer program and my I20 is on the way. What advise would you give a brother this time? Thanks to everyone for the good works going on here...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TrustGod2018: 5:16pm On Feb 24, 2018
someone please help me
TrustGod2018:
hello good day yu all, please i need suggestions for cheap school for undergraduate in the US that wave out out of state tuition and you be left to pay little amount .i am currently a student in a school in here in USA but want to transfer to find a cheaper school. suggestion please . thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by onihaxy: 6:17pm On Feb 24, 2018
Ijebuboy525:
DM me for your sevis fee payment, naira needed asap...

check your dm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by onihaxy: 6:24pm On Feb 24, 2018
TrustGod2018:

did you gave back to this forum by sharing your transcript when you were admitted?

in mummy "Lagosismyhome" voice cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Benny2645: 6:27pm On Feb 24, 2018
please how easy is it to convert B-1 visa to F-1?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lasthero: 6:32pm On Feb 24, 2018
TrustGod2018:
someone please help me

check alcorn state university in mississipi. they charge same rate for both instate and out of state.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aforapple: 6:56pm On Feb 24, 2018
Aforapple:
Hello everyone! I'm an addicted follower of this thread but never register on NL. I took the step today as there's fire on the mountain. I've applied 4times to the US embassy in the past 1 yr and few months. First time was on B1/B2 but the other times are F1 based on Lincoln University's MBA I20. I was going to lose hope so I don't sound desperate but truth is I can't do any Msc program in Nigeria. Cutting the story short, I applied to Harvard for their summer program and my I20 is on the way. What advise would you give a brother this time? Thanks to everyone for the good works going on here...

Help a brother!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TokyoBulls(m): 7:02pm On Feb 24, 2018
STEM means Science, Engineering, Technology and Mathematics
adesbaba:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by idris1364: 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2018
ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TrustGod2018: 7:19pm On Feb 24, 2018
yes i did posted my transcript... tat was January last year
onihaxy:

did you gave back to this forum by sharing your transcript when you were admitted?

in mummy "Lagosismyhome" voice cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gboliwe: 8:12pm On Feb 24, 2018
funlord:

Glad to....

Cc: dominique gboliwe Lalasticlala Seun

After you were caught you shamefully returned sleekenders cash!

I was shocked to my bones at his audacity!

I called him out and mentioned Tabbaz, I didn't see any action taken against him. He will still scam someone else and I will be expected to show empathy. Lie!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 8:13pm On Feb 24, 2018
I guess no one has an answer to my question..���

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (514)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.