Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,768 members, 7,806,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (912335 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Janet01234: 10:12am On Mar 23, 2018
Sorelee:

Abuja or Lagos embassy? if its the abuja embassy then i can relate. A friend of mine got recently denied at the Abuja embassy after having a good interview wth the VO (got denied after the VO throughly checked his SOA and was not satisfied with the Inflow and outflow) refire after 2 weeks at the Lagos embassy and got approval with the same SOA probably the VO wasnt satisfied with your SOA

It was Lagos...The soa was okay tho...yea he probably wasn't satisfied. Thanks anyways.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by gennylota: 10:55am On Mar 23, 2018
Janet01234:
Hello guys, good morning... I'm very sad at the moment but I feel like someone might have something to say about my transcript and I would appreciate if you do.

VO: good morning, how're you? Pass your passport and i20

Me: morning sir, I passed them.

VO:where are you going

ME: University of Idaho, Moscow

VO:What are you going to study

ME: Masters of environmental science

VO: why this course?

ME: I developed an interest for evs during my undergraduate studies when I discovered the environment has a lot of effects on the human health,earning this degree would fortify me with the skills and qualifications to work with the fed ministry of environment and it's agencies I also plan on setting up an evironmental ...... He nodded and the He cut me

VO: which other schools did you apply to

ME:bemidji state university, Minnesota. Tuskegee university alamaba. Minot state uni North Dakota.

VO: he now smiled and said oh you want to go from 30 degrees Celsius to -14, I smiled too and said sometimes we all feel the need to change our environment sometimes... He laughed and said yeah that's true. It would be a nice change though. I smiled back.

VO: so have you travelled out of the country before?

ME: yes, to the UK twice and Dubai.... He checked my passport to confirm.

VO: did you take any tests?

ME: yes I took the GRE and IELTS and had a combined score of 305 and 7.5 respectively

VO: when did you graduate

ME: 2016

VO: did you have your nysc?

Me: yes I did ... He nodded and said oh okay

VO:are married? Any kids?

ME: no

VO: how will you pay for the first year of school?

ME: my dad is sponsoring me

VO: can I see a bank statement ?

Me: yes sir, and I gave him and he stared at the statement very well page by page.

VO: I'm sorry but you don't qualify for this visa at this time. Then gave me the blue paper.
The feeling was crazy especially having such a long conversation and you felt like you were flowing together.... But he didn't even ask about the program, or why I prefer the school or how I heard about the school. If I was shaking or stammering it would have been another case.i was looking at him eye to eye cos I've been there for a tourist visa before and was denied so I wasn't nervous or anything this time around, he didn't even talk about my previous denial so I don't think I have any bad record there or something. Please tell me what you think I should have done or if I answered wrongly to any questions... Thanks

perfect transcript, its non of your fault sweetheart. It's part of life. Try again and you will be issued your your visa. Much love

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 10:56am On Mar 23, 2018
Janet01234:

all the best

It was Lagos...The soa was okay tho...yea he probably wasn't satisfied. Thanks anyways.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Janet01234: 11:13am On Mar 23, 2018
gennylota:
perfect transcript, its non of your fault sweetheart. It's part of life. Try again and you will be issued your your visa. Much love

Thank you. Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coloniel5000(m): 11:58am On Mar 23, 2018
please i want to ask, if i use a different Statement of Account to get my acceptance letter from the school and for my Visa interview at the embassy, hope it's not a red flag?
secondly, please I need anyone who just recently received his/her acceptance letter and i-20 from any institution to please P
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Janet01234: 12:20pm On Mar 23, 2018
Coloniel5000:
please i want to ask, if i use a different Statement of Account to get my acceptance letter from the school and for my Visa interview at the embassy, hope it's not a red flag?
secondly, please I need anyone who just recently received his/her acceptance letter and i-20 from any institution to please PM me @ Lordlugard50@gmail.com.

thanks

I think it depends on the date the soa was printed... It shouldn't be far apart from the date of the interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mrkhaynoni: 1:06pm On Mar 23, 2018
Janet01234:

Had my first degree in anatomy (I explained to him how I developed an interest for evs and How I took some elective courses in environmental chemistry etc)and the soa had enough money to pay for 3years of school, it's my dad's.it was Lagos embassy...

The only weak areas I can Identify are the ffg:
Your previous refusal
Your previous degree might not be a "perfect" match to the V.O
The ranking and locations of the school.

Please note that people with worse profiles have been granted visa's, that's to show how subjective the process is.
Nevertheless sis, I think you have a good chance if you book another appointment, practise question and answers and PRAY!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ormorteey: 2:32pm On Mar 23, 2018
That's a hard call. Looking at it definitely might look like you are desperate in some sense. That's not a bad thing, we all are.

If given an opportunity to answer "Why this school", "Why this course" or any other variant, I wouldn't talk about anything prior to the visa interview for the undergrad degree visa app. My reasons would be quite recent and it would go with great depth. One year is quite short though, so let's hope you can sufficiently convince the V.O

If you have enough cash to take care of your wife during you stay, then try have an evidence. You may be asked to substantiate that. A go-to would be your personal SOA.

All the best.

alayomini:

Boss i really appreciate you.

Pls how best do u think i can express myself for change in my admission from bsc to msc just between one year.

Moreso, i have make enough cash to cater for my wife nd daughter wen am away and my parent are there in case of any emergency. my wife is also working she is a nurse and gainfully employed. That is my Response on family.

Pls i will be waiting for ur kind reply on the other issue.

Thankz.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ayobami12345: 3:07pm On Mar 23, 2018
Good afternoon house,I am new on this platform. I applied to university of Newhaven where application fee and English is been waived and to get an assistantship in this school one has to submit GRE with no score specified,My GPA is 3.05 and my GRE score is 268 with statement of purpose. Do anyone has an idea about this school and my percentage of getting an assistantship

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 3:17pm On Mar 23, 2018
Ayobami12345:
Good afternoon house,I am new on this platform. I applied to university of Newhaven where application fee and English is been waived and to get an assistantship in this school one has to submit GRE with no score specified,My GPA is 3.05 and my GRE score is 268 with statement of purpose. Do anyone has an idea about this school and my percentage of getting an assistantship

@bold....are you aware that the lowest possible score on the GRE is 260 and the highest is 340 and 260/340 on the GRE is equivalent to 0/100, where your score is 268/340 which is equivalent to 15/100?

I am not trying to put you on the spot but just to make you understand that that score will hardly get you anywhere, especially in getting a GA. You are better off applying to schools not requiring GRE or better still, retaking the exam for something higher.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ayobami12345: 3:23pm On Mar 23, 2018
bigfrancis21:
In a situation where GRE is not needed for the course except one wants to get an assistantship and one is been told from the school that with the GPA and GRE that one is good to go

@bold....are you aware that the lowest possible score on the GRE is 260 and the highest is 340 and 260/340 on the GRE is equivalent to 0/100, where your score is 268/340 which is equivalent to 15/100?

I am not trying to put you on the spot but just to make you understand that that score will not get you anywhere. You are better off applying to schools not requiring GRE or better still, retaking the exam for something higher.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 3:32pm On Mar 23, 2018
Ayobami12345:

In a situation where GRE is not needed for the course except one wants to get an assistantship and one is been told from the school that with the GPA and GRE that one is good to go

The reason some schools do not list a minimum GPA requirement sometimes is due to fluctuating student average performance, and the average entering GRE score may vary from semester/year to semester/year. It may be as high as 310 in Fall 2016, 302 in Spring 2017 or as low as 294 in Fall 2018, for example. However, no where is 268 taking you to. I am being honest with you. Be aware that your file would be among others with scores over 300 asking for the same GA. GA positions are few and only those with high scores and GPA overall would be given priority. Feel free to apply with your score and try your luck.

Goodluck.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ayobami12345: 3:47pm On Mar 23, 2018
bigfrancis21:
Thank you so much bigfrancis for been honest with me but before now I have made my enquiries from the school and I have applied,but before applying I ask those questions thoroughly which they said am good,I know you are advising me from experience but I am speaking based on what I am bin told from the school bigfrancis and also for this school the GPA was stated ooo and the GPA is 3.0

The reason some schools do not list a minimum GPA requirement sometimes is due to fluctuating student average performance, and the average entering GRE score may vary from semester/year to semester/year. It may be as high as 310 in Fall 2016, 302 in Spring 2017 or as low as 294 in Fall 2018, for example. However, no where is 268 taking you to. I am being honest with you. Be aware that your file would be among others with scores over 300 asking for the same GA. GA positions are few and only those with high scores and GPA overall would be given priority. Feel free to apply with your score and try your luck.

Goodluck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Motiqueen: 6:57pm On Mar 23, 2018
mrkhaynoni:

Sure

How can I reach you, I need your assistance as regards application to cheap universities in the USA for masters degree
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ProfOjah1234: 6:58pm On Mar 23, 2018
haywhizzy21:

eyan mee...... osha pran pran ......u too get brain ooo.. ..
Gbayi.. Eyan Ekama, Eyan Imonikhe, Eyan Bash!!.. Howfar Oga mi..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 23, 2018
Greetings everyone. Could anyone help with how to book appointment and website where i can fill my DS160
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jordan122(m): 7:03pm On Mar 23, 2018
Good day house pls how much is visa fee now because someone told me is 110k
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kekenation(m): 7:32pm On Mar 23, 2018
Jordan! Jordan!! Jordan!!! How many times did I call you? The price is still #64,000
jordan122:
Good day house pls how much is visa fee now because someone told me is 110k

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulsir: 8:13pm On Mar 23, 2018
bigfrancis21:

I am not trying to put you on the spot but just to make you understand that that score will not get you anywhere. You are better off applying to schools not requiring GRE or better still, retaking the exam for something higher.
I scored 290 and I have seen a close pal with 279 that was given visa at first appearance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Xabibarbie63: 8:16pm On Mar 23, 2018
Hello house ,please I want to find out if Lincoln university is a redflag to apply for MBA cos I didn't sit for any exam and they do not require one....?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 8:28pm On Mar 23, 2018

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 9:04pm On Mar 23, 2018
paulsir:

I scored 290 and I have seen a close pal with 279 that was given visa at first appearance.

I was referring to his possibility of getting a GA with such low score, not his chances of getting his visa.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mrkhaynoni: 9:06pm On Mar 23, 2018
Motiqueen:

How can I reach you, I need your assistance as regards application to cheap universities in the USA for masters degree

You may PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justwise(m): 10:05pm On Mar 23, 2018
lincoffm

This has gone beyond trying to help people this is now a business ad and needs to stop.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Xabibarbie63: 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2018
Xabibarbie63:
Hello house ,please I want to find out if Lincoln university is a redflag to apply for MBA cos I didn't sit for any exam and they do not require one....?
Please anyone or the gurus should respond to this.....Biko
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 23, 2018
brave1773:
Greetings everyone. Could anyone help with how to book appointment and website where i can fill my DS160

https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/
You can PM me.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by DexxyAlebs(m): 11:32pm On Mar 23, 2018

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kfrosh: 1:11am On Mar 24, 2018
Beyond business with 50% subsidized rate with numerous benefactors. It's Okay, I reserve my comment.
justwise:
lincoffm

This has gone beyond trying to help people this is now a business ad and needs to stop.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.