Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,015 members, 7,803,384 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (911579 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 1:27pm On Apr 23, 2018
Olusegun26:
F1 Visa approved today... Just wanna encourage someone not to give up... Transcript? I don forget lol
Congrats bro.

Oluwatisegun.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 1:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
yungcee:
My Junior brother has an SAT score of 1390(new sat). Can someone guide us on how to secure full funding for an undergraduate program?

On his collegeboard portal he can use that to search for schools that will grant him full or partial funding with his SAT result
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by James89: 2:28pm On Apr 23, 2018
Nitta08:

*I'm a female.
Send a pm
I tried it,it’s not working,it’s just blank,kindly give me your email or I drop mine
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2018
Adekola87:
Visa denied this morning at Lagos embassy. I got there around 4:30am after all the necessary accreditation the interview began, I was interviewed by woman at widow 1, the woman no dey look face o was just busy typing and face her system like she's talking to the system, here is my transcript:
VO: good morning
Me: good morning ma (she no look my eyes o)
VO: where are you going ?
ME: Harrisburg university of science and technology to pursue my masters in project management
VO: why Harrisburg?
Me: Harrisburg responded to my inquiry first and gave me admission and with my research faculty in Harrisburg help students to find internship and provide mentoring that connect students education with their career also through my interaction with few current students in Harrisburg, student are able to complete two projects that give hands on a real wold
Vo: do you write any professional exam ?
Me: no Harrisburg waived it after review my academic transcript
VO: who is sponsoring you ?
Me: my father
VO : what does he do
Me: I mentioned
VO: can I see his soa
Me: I gave her, she looked at it like no tomorrow
VO: what will you do after your program
Me:i will manage my father business and .... (She cut in )
VO: sorry you are not eligible f1 visa and you can also reapply I am sorry
I was like why but she just busy drinking her coffee
Please guru in the house tell me where things went wrong in my response, thanks
daddy’s boy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 3:12pm On Apr 23, 2018
alayomini:
Pls I urgently need help to work on my rehearsal interview transcript.

I have applied for visa 4times but delayed (spring 2017, 2tice and summer 2tice same 2017) . Although it was an undergraduate admission to student Mech engineering at same sch. Then I was 26years. Not forgetting the fact that I have my Hnd already in mechanical engineering and even done with my nysc dat same 2017.

Now, av gotten master admission to study industrial safety technology /technician at embry riddle aeronautical university , Arizona. Am.planining to go for interview by may.
Am 27year , don traditional marriage with a kid now. Am presently working has mechanical maintenance technical at flour mills. Pls what is my chance this time and kindly help me pls. After 4delayed can one still get the visa approved.

Urgent pls.

Your very poor command of the language set off my suspicion radar. I just checked, are you sure the masters program you indicated is actually offered at Embry riddle? Do you have an admission at that school at all?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by JustCare: 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2018
Adekola87:
Visa denied this morning at Lagos embassy. I got there around 4:30am after all the necessary accreditation the interview began, I was interviewed by woman at widow 1, the woman no dey look face o was just busy typing and face her system like she's talking to the system, here is my transcript:
ME: Harrisburg university of science and technology to pursue my masters in project management
Me: Harrisburg responded to my inquiry first and gave me admission and with my research faculty in Harrisburg help students to find internship and provide mentoring that connect students education with their career also through my interaction with few current students in Harrisburg, student are able to complete two projects that give hands on a real wold
Me:i will manage my father business and .... (She cut in )

1. I guess they're getting tired of the managing my family business story.

2. a professional exam would have been handy, at least IELTs

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gbemmy120: 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2018
DeFavoured60:

I am almost sure you weren't delayed because of your Canadian application. Applying to more than one school is meant to be a good thing even if the 2nd wasn't in a US university. Maybe you didn't sound sure....maybe you were short on some other "stuff". Just don't let that trouble you....infact in your next interview, firmly acknowledge your 2017 admission (when asked), stating that visa was delayed.....and yes they see and know how many schools you have applied to especially if it's in Canada.
Hope this helps

Thanks for your help, Yes i wasn't sure as whether to affirm or deny the Canadian school. But i sure know better now and i am sure going to use your input in my next interview. God bless!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lyrondee: 3:16pm On Apr 23, 2018
Olusegun26:
From SRA (Silent reader association) but fired PMs to experts for clarity .. Did the normal procedures before interview...

Interview proper...

Firstly, I would like to alarm this particular comment-- nairaland.com is good, but wouldn't teach you so certain things - soft skills. Easier to read comments but more importantly, practice, practice and practice.. Not by my own power too, na God o. Hallelujah �

I must say my intension was to take charge of the conversation, which i was able to achieve.

VO: Hello Sir, Good morning

O26: (ahah, in my mind), Good morning, hope you had a fantastic weekend.

V.O: he said nice things... (nice starting). So why are you going to the US?

O26: I'm going to Lincoln University (LU) in CA for a 2-year Master's degree program in MBA with a concentration in Management Information System after which I will go back to my �� for a career advancement.

V.O: you live in Europe (he mentioned the country)

O26: Yes, i live and work there. If you noticed that i have also completed an M.Eng there.

V.O: what do you do?

O26: mentioned the company's name, a front-end programmer (software testing-- gave examples, fraud investigation and developing interactive GUIs)

V.O: oh i can see you've a good profile, so why going for an MBA this, and not in this country, why �� .. Now here i completely pulled his attention.. He further asked, or is it because of CA is a hub for IT (Oh Bros, I noticed he tried to trap me there - -if i say "yes" penre, ah, na immigrant intent be that)

O26: (took the questions one after the other): To put it in perspective, LU is a business oriented school that offers an affordable +custom fit education.. I would like to take advantage of the multidisciplinary research center(i learned this from their website, added my own stories too) that entertains the collaboration of business professionals + student from diverse IT backgrounds in providing solution to real world problem..I chose US because her schools are of prime recognition, and comprise of professors... (said something can't remember again :: soft skills). 3. (Not because of the IT hubs in the region.. brought him back, proving myself as a legit student). I remember i said something like "this program will groom me to become an IT business architect with an understanding of... Analyzing, defining and building information system requirements and guiding other on how to build their for various business situations... Was just talking and he was listening..

V. O: How many schools did you apply to?
O26: 3 Lincoln University, Weber state university, Missouri State University

V. O: who will sponsor this trip?
O26: my mother, she's an orthopedist, essentially I'm gainfully employed as previously discussed and I've a liquid cash of * EUR.

Your visa has been approved, pick it up...

O26: (for my mind) Hey chairman, you collect all my passport - wetin happen
V. O: you wan collect am now?
O26: hmm, not really..

No documents checked, no questions about marriage..

Additional things he might have seen: my traveling experience (man don Waka for Europe o), USA B2 still valid.. been to US more than...

Maybe these gave me an edge: Almighty God (Surely), my eloquence, my accent (amerikish.. Lol), confidence (worked with many of them before) and preparation... In spite of my nice profile, bros i prayed and prepared...

Sorry to those refused visas today.. Please ask questions here.. I think there are no stupid questions. Pray and fire � back..

I was unhappy to see a guy refused visa today.. I think he used an agent, and his Mr agent arranged a fake I20 for him (tried multiple times, but all proved abortive).. I'm not here to mock anyone but please stay away from agents.. You can do it yourself..!

@Theamerican, i encourage you not to stop guiding folk here, do as your mind pleases.. You rock ma'am.. Keep it up.

Thanks to many gurus here... You guys are great. I'll inbox you back...Kudos to
Scholarstica, theamerican, 4peace4, @akin3103,pianoguy, dollydolly, biikeys, jesusbabygirl(my sister from another mother), lyrondee and those that asked questions, i learnt a lot from all of you. Cheers..
Big Congrats to you....

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 3:23pm On Apr 23, 2018
Olusegun26:

@Theamerican, i encourage you not to stop guiding folk here, do as your mind pleases.. You rock ma'am.. Keep it up.

Thanks to many gurus here... You guys are great. I'll inbox you back...Kudos

Congrats sir! I read your email last night and thought "how in the world is this man still worried about getting a Visa?", from what I read, it would have been harder for you to be denied a visa than to get one.

I hope you enjoy your stay in CA. Congrats once again.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by alayomini: 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2018
TWoods:

Your very poor command of the language set off my suspicion radar. I just checked, are you sure the masters program you indicated is actually offered at Embry riddle? Do you have an admission at that school at all?

Ohhhh, pls don't mind me.
It only show how worried I am on this issue. Am not that bad in language composition and expression, but the tension is just too much for me to bear and couple with some typographical errors.

Pls kindly assist me .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by James89: 3:32pm On Apr 23, 2018
TWoods:

Bro please can you suggest some good schools I can apply to for those with a low GPA 2.6?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by James89: 3:33pm On Apr 23, 2018
Nitta08:

*I'm a female.
Send a pm
please can you suggest some good schools I can apply to for those with a low GPA 2.6?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by alayomini: 3:36pm On Apr 23, 2018
TWoods:

Yea, embry riddle offer masters in safety science. I have been admitted to study industrial safety technology and I was given 8k scholarship . My Wes evaluation is 3.30 and my ielts is 6.0 band , these are the documents I forwarded to the sch before i was admitted.

Kindly rescue someone here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 3:39pm On Apr 23, 2018
TWoods:

Yes, Embry-Riddle offers that program, that’s how it’s written on their I20 but on their website, you will see safety science
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 3:49pm On Apr 23, 2018
Adekola87:
Me: i will manage my father business and .... (She cut in )

I'm surprised you asked the VO why she thought you weren't eligible for the visa. For the ZILLIONTH time, prepare for visa interviews! Prepare!!! prepare!!! Prepare!!! Stop giving general answers like "this school has a good student to faculty ratio", "the program will help me achieve my career goals", etc. All American universities help students and have a low student:faculty ratio. In fact, the VOs are sick of being told.

Also, a VO is not there to be nice or friendly with anyone. I literally roll my eyes at comments like "she didn't even smile, she didn't say hello back, she cut me short, she wasn't nice to anyone that day, etc.". It's a professional interview, they're there to do their jobs, do yours. A laughing VO who's joking about Kevin Hart will adjudicate your case the same way a frowning VO would. They all have the same standards! Burden is on you to prove to them why you deserve the visa.

Imagine your brother saying he wants to go and study in Borno. You ask why and his answer is "because they give students their certificate after they graduate and their students go for NYSC". Wouldn't you frown and whoop his ass for such nonsense? It's the same way people sound when they give weird answers and expect the VO to be impressed.

The way to solve a problem is by first identifying what it is. That's what I have tried to do. You weren't prepared enough, simple. Applying to one school in itself is not an issue. You wouldn't have been binned if you had high toefl/gre scores and applied to only Stanford or the University of Texas and got full scholarship.

You need more preparation.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2018
This thread was created to help prospective students who want to come to the U.S., and I believe questions should be asked here. Stop sending me PMs if you know what you wanna discuss is something that can be asked here or if you just wanna waste my time.

I have been getting requests for financial assistance. It's now from more than 3 people. Please STOP! If you need help with money, and you already know you can't post it here, don't ask me.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2018
theamerican:
This thread was created to help prospective students who want to come to the U.S., and I believe questions should be asked here. Stop sending me PMs if you know what you wanna discuss is something that can be asked here or if you just wanna waste my time.

I have been getting requests for financial assistance. It's now from more than 3 people. Please STOP! If you need help with money, and you already know you can't post it here, don't ask me.

smiley cheesy grin grin at bold
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by alayomini: 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2018
theamerican:

I need your help to analyse my case and prepare me for my next interview .

Thank you as I wait ur response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by StarBoy54: 4:55pm On Apr 23, 2018
I have been reading through the visa interviews but my problem is i only applied to one school. Do you think i should go ahead and apply to two more schools and has application for the fall session ended?
StarBoy54:
Sorry guys but who knows anything about morgan state university and the chances of getting funded?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 5:07pm On Apr 23, 2018
James89:

Bro please can you suggest some good schools I can apply to for those with a low GPA 2.6?

That is your job, as a prospective student.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 5:08pm On Apr 23, 2018
alayomini:

Yea, embry riddle offer masters in safety science. I have been admitted to study industrial safety technology and I was given 8k scholarship . My Wes evaluation is 3.30 and my ielts is 6.0 band , these are the documents I forwarded to the sch before i was admitted.

Kindly rescue someone here.

Ok thanks for clarifying. Kindly post your questions/concerns here. If I can’t get to them, someone with more experience than me certainly can. All the best!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by UzzyBreeze: 5:10pm On Apr 23, 2018
StarBoy54:
I have been reading through the visa interviews but my problem is i only applied to one school. Do you think i should go ahead and apply to two more schools and has application for the fall session ended?

I don't really know how much about the funding but I know it's a good school with affordable tuition.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 5:22pm On Apr 23, 2018
alayomini:

I need your help to analyse my case and prepare me for my next interview .

Thank you as I wait ur response.

Sure. What's your case? Also, I can't prepare you for your next interview lol. Unless I don't understand what you mean. You'll be the one to do the preparation, we can only assist you if you're struggling with something.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 5:24pm On Apr 23, 2018
LagosismyHome:

smiley cheesy grin grin at bold

Lol, I simply ignored the emails.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jeffery23: 5:36pm On Apr 23, 2018
Hello great gurus in the house,

Please this is a quick one

If asked by the VO are you married?

Can one reply with: No,but I am already engaged?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by alayomini: 5:43pm On Apr 23, 2018
TWoods:

Ok thanks for clarifying. Kindly post your questions/concerns here. If I can’t get to them, someone with more experience than me certainly can. All the best!

@ twood, thamks alot to the opportunity .

My case study here.
I study industrial maintenance engineering at ND level Mechanical engineering at HND level. I graduated in the year 2015 , and did nysc 2016 . Dec 2016 was my first interview but was denied . Maybe because it was undergraduate admission for the same Mechanical engineering I had done here in Nigeria which I included in my ds160. I reapply again that same December and was also denied. Some questions such as, why dis school, wen did you finish ur high school, what have u being doing. Are u married and do u av kid. Finally who will sponsor u. I believe I did my best but was worried why I keep getting denied.

February 2017, I got. Job as a mechanical maintenance technician at one flouill . I already defer my admission till summer , so I tried it again after my new i20 arrived. But the case still remain same . After I decided to use my resource for myself instead of dashing embassy, I got married and have my kid. Later someone told me it because I applied as undergraduate instead of masters , because I already have Hnd and I declare it on my ds 160.

I agree with him and took his advice , now search for any course which relate to my Field which is safety . As a technician I need safety as degree to advance my career. I applied and here I am with my master I 20 ready to collect the visa this time.

@ twood and other guru in the house kindly contribute to my success , as I will surely come here to share the testimony.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lex04(m): 5:50pm On Apr 23, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kcwitch(m): 5:56pm On Apr 23, 2018
jeffery23:
Hello great gurus in the house,

Please this is a quick one

If asked by the VO are you married?

Can one reply with: No,but I am already engaged?

There's no certificate for engagement. "No" is fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lex04(m): 6:05pm On Apr 23, 2018
Predstan:
i have registered for GRE with BY Mafit and will be preparing against June ending.
Here is my Study plan. I need your input, output or probably modifications.

1. Because i am a core engineering student and I think quantitative shouldn't be a problem but just to avoid had I known, I have decided to prepare for quantitative in the first two weeks (14days) with these materials:
a. GRE MATH REVIEW
b. Magoosh math Video series
c. GRE Official guide

2. The Verbal section is really my weakness and not just because of anything but all these vocabularies but I have decided to use Màgoosh GRE vocabulary app and I am going to dedicate two hours everyday to master each deck... I was able to master 51 of common words in the first deck of this app in just a day. I will also dedicate the next two weeks after quantitative for Verbal section with these materials:
a. GRE official guide
b. Kaplan
c Magoosh video series for verbal

3. AWA is another part that seems not too hard but someone can easily fall off if enough preparation is not made to attack this section. I have decided to prepare for this section with just one week with these materials:
a. GRE pools of topic on both issues and argument
b. GRE official guide
c. Kaplan
d. Magoosh video series

4. The next two weeks for practice test on Magoosh and powerprep.

That's approximately two months for preparation.. I need your input and advice cus I am a little scared of this test and I can't afford to write it twice. And to note that my target score is 155, 165 and 4.5 in V,Q and AWA respectively
Hi bro, i'm also preparing for GRE. Perhaps we can practice together. Please mail me on alexadetona@outlook.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by signature2012(m): 6:08pm On Apr 23, 2018
theamerican:

I told you earlier.That is what some are good at.A serious student does not need to send a PM to achieve his American dream.
This thread alone is a school on is own.If you cant read and understand the procedure to follow,how will you cope in school when you get to US.

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.