Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,768 members, 7,798,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (910320 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 3:22pm On May 24, 2018
beyayo:

[s]Greetings,am 32 and married and have gained admission for my masters at depaul university. My dad is my sponsor.but now am worried the consular would wonder why at my age my dad is my sponsor since i work and am married.i need advice pls[/s]

Ask yourself why your dad's sponsoring you... or ask him. Once you get your answer, just say it to the VO and don't dwell on it. I don't see an issue with that at all, keep your preparations going and don't have a negative mind. A married 32 year old man could be sponsored by his father.

Who knows if it's a loan from the father or maybe the father wasn't in the man's life while he was young and decided to make up for it by helping him progress with his life and be a better man.

You're 32, not 92. smiley

13 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by naira0(m): 3:26pm On May 24, 2018
LagosismyHome:

you clearly were not prepared so start reading previous post here , even different parts as this is part 13......... and also find the link of previous transcripts go through it
Once you are done reading , you defintely learn a thing or two

Hello there,

I only recently found this section of Nairaland relevant to me, now that I have study plans abroad. smiley

Please, how can I get the relevant link to a previous consolidated transcripts.

Any member here with the Link should kindly oblige. Warm regards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by slimturay(f): 3:30pm On May 24, 2018
Goodafternoon,please can i book schedule my interview date before i pay for my SEVIS,and how can i pay for the fee,Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 3:43pm On May 24, 2018
GraceofGodfollo:

Were you denied this year? Or last year

Last year december. Not up to 6months yet

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by whyqueu(m): 3:50pm On May 24, 2018
Theamerican please say something !!!
My proposed Transcript !
Please I seriously need your views about this and I will appreciate if you can look deep into this Transcript .
VO : Why did you choose Tarleton state university
Me : I choose Tarleton state university because of two professors , Professor Bradt Poe and Professor Ted ford. Professor Bradt Poe does research on Plant Breeding and Seed Technology for vast 25 years and he has worked on various crops like Vigna uniguiculata, seseme seed, weed seed , chocorus olitorus, amaratus and many others corps and Professor Ted ford reaserch on seed cytogenesis, Agricultural Extension, Heterosis ,plant tissue culture and many more and I was fastinated about there works and they offered me a research work on a particular project which is "Variability and use of multiple seed viqour indices to predict field emergency and potential longevity in crops like seseme, vigna ungiculata and zea mays . which is value for money .
VO :Why do you want masters degree/why this course / why Agricultural science and extension education ?
Me : Its inline with my career goals which has always been to do research, write journal and to become a university professor and a masters in Agricultural science and extension education with a concentration in Plant Breeding is a requirement to pick up a lecturing job at my alma mata and also give me the opportunity to become a consultant where I can give extensional services to agricultural company .
Vo:How did you hear about Tarleton state university?
Me: I knew about Tarleton state university when I attended our annual international agricultural conference at Zanzibar in Tanzania last June , where professor Bradt Poe from Tarleton state university was our guest speaker and he spoke about Plant breeding and seed technology and I was really fascinated about it and how huge it will benefit my career. Professor Bradt Poe has massive experience in Plant breeding for good 25 years and still counting and I knew its worth spending millions of naira to study .
Vo:How many school did I apply to ?
Me : I apply to 5 and I got admission in all
Tarleton state university
Murray state university
Southern Illinois university
University of Liverpool
University of hoheheim
Vo :What do you do ?
Me : I work with International institute of Tropical Agriculture. IITA as an assistant plant and soil scientists
Describe your Job :
I evaluate and interpret plans and soil for agricultural production, environmental quality, food security and many others . which is done on the field and in the lab ..where we collect soil/plant sample ,analyse, record to agricultural consultant etc.
kindly help me
proof read the amazing analyst here
cc
theamerican
our mummy lagosismyhome
twoods
walspring
any other guys are all welcome ..
God bless you all...one love
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 3:57pm On May 24, 2018
PweetieBimbola:
Please has anyone experience this and what's the solution. Thanks

An account has been created previously with the same email that you're using. You should try retrieving your old password using same email as username login, rather than creating a new account, which is not quite possible because your passport number is tied to your previous account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 4:03pm On May 24, 2018
Let me just leave this here... if you’ve noticed, most serious students with good gpas andvwho end up in tier 1-2 schools have zero time for the disgusting bitter bile often spewed here. I understand... much of it is largely coming from folks who aren’t as good, have limited opportunities and are frankly frustrated.

First lesson you will learn, your lot in life is NOT the responsibility of anyone else but you.

Second lesson - bitterness gets you no where.

Third lesson - there is no substitute for hard work.

Fourth lesson - you are not special. You won’t go anywhere fast in life if you can’t handle criticism.

Fifth lesson - your “spirituality” is quite silly. grin the idea that you can curse someone from your cyber cafe in a dingy Lagos street and think it has any effect is an illustration of why you are where you are today...

Now curse away!

14 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tufin: 4:15pm On May 24, 2018
Hello All,

I am currently on F1 in the US and my fiancee got admitted to the same University. I am wondering if it is fine for her to state this in her DS160.

I'll appreciate your contribution on this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 4:17pm On May 24, 2018
tufin:
Hello All,

I am currently on F1 in the US and my fiancee got admitted to the same University. I am wondering if it is fine for her to state this in her DS160.

Share your previous transcript you cant eat your cake n have it lolzz

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 4:20pm On May 24, 2018
tufin:
Hello All,

You’re not married so she is not required to state this. If she’s asked at her visa appointment, she is free to mention it.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 4:24pm On May 24, 2018
whyqueu:
Theamerican please say something !!!
My proposed Transcript !
Please I seriously need your views about this and I will appreciate if you can look deep into this Transcript .
VO : Why did you choose Tarleton state university
Me : I choose Tarleton state university because of two professors , Professor Bradt Poe and Professor Ted ford. Professor Bradt Poe does research on Plant Breeding and Seed Technology for vast 25 years and he has worked on various crops like Vigna uniguiculata, seseme seed, weed seed , chocorus olitorus, amaratus and many others corps and Professor Ted ford reaserch on seed cytogenesis, Agricultural Extension, Heterosis ,plant tissue culture and many more and I was fastinated about there works and they offered me a research work on a particular project which is "Variability and use of multiple seed viqour indices to predict field emergency and potential longevity in crops like seseme, vigna ungiculata and zea mays . which is value for money .
VO :Why do you want masters degree/why this course / why Agricultural science and extension education ?
Me : Its inline with my career goals which has always been to do research, write journal and to become a university professor and a masters in Agricultural science and extension education with a concentration in Plant Breeding is a requirement to pick up a lecturing job at my alma mata and also give me the opportunity to become a consultant where I can give extensional services to agricultural company .
Vo:How did you hear about Tarleton state university?
Me: I knew about Tarleton state university when I attended our annual international agricultural conference at Zanzibar in Tanzania last June , where professor Bradt Poe from Tarleton state university was our guest speaker and he spoke about Plant breeding and seed technology and I was really fascinated about it and how huge it will benefit my career. Professor Bradt Poe has massive experience in Plant breeding for good 25 years and still counting and I knew its worth spending millions of naira to study .
Vo:How many school did I apply to ?
Me : I apply to 5 and I got admission in all
Tarleton state university
Murray state university
Southern Illinois university
University of Liverpool
University of hoheheim
Vo :What do you do ?
Me : I work with International institute of Tropical Agriculture. IITA as an assistant plant and soil scientists
Describe your Job :
I evaluate and interpret plans and soil for agricultural production, environmental quality, food security and many others . which is done on the field and in the lab ..where we collect soil/plant sample ,analyse, record to agricultural consultant etc.
kindly help me
proof read the amazing analyst here
cc
theamerican
our mummy lagosismyhome
twoods
walspring
any other guys are all welcome ..
God bless you all...one love

Really thoughtful answers. For once someone answers the why this school question with a believable and personal response.

Your personal ambition section is lacking though... is there concrete assurance that you have a job waiting for you?

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jolowizzy11(m): 4:28pm On May 24, 2018
theamerican:

Ask yourself why your dad's sponsoring you... or ask him. Once you get your answer, just say it to the VO and don't dwell on it. I don't see an issue with that at all, keep your preparations going and don't have a negative mind. A married 32 year old man could be sponsored by his father.

Who knows if it's a loan from the father or maybe the father wasn't in the man's life while he was young and decided to make up for it by helping him progress with his life and be a better man.

You're 32, not 92. smiley

NYC talk ma......you deserve some accolades....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 4:30pm On May 24, 2018
TWoods:

You got admitted to Duke... pretty easy to grant you a visa... congrats!

Let those who continue to choose visa-mill schools learn from you.

Hey Twoods. It's been a while.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 4:31pm On May 24, 2018
Chidinho10:
Visa Approved today at Walter Carrington

Cheers friend!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by whyqueu(m): 4:32pm On May 24, 2018
TWoods:

Really thoughtful answers. For once someone answers the why this school question with a believable and personal response.

Your personal ambition section is lacking though... is there concrete assurance that you have a job waiting for you?

Yes Twoods , a master's degree in Agricultural science is a requirement for me to pick up a lecturing job at my alma mata and also give me an opportunity to also work as a consultant where I can give extensional services to Agricultural Organization and Industries !! Furthermore , as an entrepreneur , I get preach what I practice !

.I hope its not bad @twoods
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:33pm On May 24, 2018
Ubah1:

But those that will interview him have oyibo mentality. I know some that are married, sponsored by their parents and got visa. My concern is the age and the school he chose.

Oyibo mentality yes but cultural pattern of the local country is always taken into consideration

Same way if i am a white guy and I go shaking , kissing and hugging everyone , if deployed to a Muslim country then cultural consideration has to come effect .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:34pm On May 24, 2018
whyqueu:

Yes Twoods , a master's degree in Agricultural science is a requirement for me to pick up a lecturing job at my alma mata and also give me an opportunity to also work as a consultant where I can give extensional services to Agricultural Organization and Industries !! Furthermore , as an entrepreneur , I get preach what I practice !

Transcript off to a good start . Continue practising and working on it. Best of luck

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 4:38pm On May 24, 2018
dwilliams707:

Really? Is this what this thread has become? undecided All this came out of the same inner mind you use for praying for yourself?..... Damn

Remember, God doesn't do double standard.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:39pm On May 24, 2018
Chidinho10:

Thanks to all those who have contributed on this thread. You all deserve some accolades.

Congrats ...may God bless your new journey

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tufin: 4:46pm On May 24, 2018
sunshineluv5:
Share your previous transcript you cant eat your cake n have it lolzz
I can't really remember the transcript but it was a very brief chat about my previous travel experience to the US and plans to return to Naija. It was so brief (less than 2 minutes or so).
I just noticed this thread exists...so, calm down... I can send you some cupcakes smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Niv25: 4:53pm On May 24, 2018
bigfrancis21:

An account has been created previously with the same email that you're using. You should try retrieving your old password using same email as username login, rather than creating a new account, which is not quite possible because your passport number is tied to your previous account.

HELLO Boss, I have been sending you PMS with no reply. you stopped replying me when I needed your attention most. Am still looking forward to your reply sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 4:58pm On May 24, 2018
imperiouxx:

Hey Twoods. It's been a while.

Hey mr! Hope you’re doing very well. Quite an age too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 4:59pm On May 24, 2018
[quote author=whyqueu post=67832338][/quote]

Yes, trust me your answers are unique grin grin except that you need to add something more on what next after your masters answer, so spice it up a little bit more... all the best grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 5:02pm On May 24, 2018
whyqueu:

.I hope its not bad @twoods

Do you have this in writing? Just make sure you do go with something concrete and concise. They’ve heard plenty of aspirational statements.

But good job so far.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by orimahspence: 5:03pm On May 24, 2018
TWoods:
Let me just leave this here... if you’ve noticed, most serious students with good gpas andvwho end up in tier 1-2 schools have zero time for the disgusting bitter bile often spewed here. I understand... much of it is largely coming from folks who aren’t as good, have limited opportunities and are frankly frustrated.

First lesson you will learn, your lot in life is NOT the responsibility of anyone else but you.

Second lesson - bitterness gets you no where.

Third lesson - there is no substitute for hard work.

Fourth lesson - you are not special. You won’t go anywhere fast in life if you can’t handle criticism.

Fifth lesson - your “spirituality” is quite silly. grin the idea that you can curse someone from your cyber cafe in a dingy Lagos street and think it has any effect is an illustration of why you are where you are today...

Now curse away!

What is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 5:07pm On May 24, 2018
TWoods:

Hey mr! Hope you’re doing very well. Quite an age too.

Absolutely. Yea, I was so into studies that I can't remember what goes on on TV anymore.

It's good to see everyone still active here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 5:10pm On May 24, 2018
Hey Duke guy grin grin congratulations!!!! all the best

Chidinho10:

Thanks to all those who have contributed on this thread. You all deserve some accolades.

No need talking about how I slept or woke up, or how I got to Walter Carrington. I'll just go straight to the point.

Interviewed at Window 1 by an American lady

Me: Good morning

VO: Good morning

VO: What are you going to do in the US?

Me: I'm going to Duke University for my Master of Quantitative Management with concentration in Business Analytics

VO: Duke University is extremely difficult to get into. How did you do it?

Me: First of all, it was recommended by my industry mentor. Then, I took GRE twice and then the TOEFL. Then I applied and was interviewed before admitted.

VO: When did you get your undergraduate?

Me: 2016

VO: What have you been doing since then?

Me: During my mandatory National Youth Service, I worked as a Business Developer for a management consulting firm. Prior to that, I worked in multiple roles as a freelance business consultant.

VO: Have you traveled outside the country before?

Me: In 2016, I was an International Volunteer at a Community Development Project in Ghana (we chorused Ghana together)

VO: Who will be paying?

Me: I got a merit based scholarship, a loan and family support

VO: Married

Me: No

VO: Have kids?

Me: (I laughed) No

VO: Okay, I will be approving your visa. I couldn't remember the renaming things she said

Me: Thanks and have a nice day (after she completed her statement)

I appreciate the love, the bashing and the blackmail. Life itself is full of ups and downs.See you all at the top!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 24, 2018
orimahspence:

What is this one saying?

Lol grin grin, I find this extremely hilarious
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 24, 2018
TWoods:
Let me just leave this here... if you’ve noticed, most serious students with good gpas andvwho end up in tier 1-2 schools have zero time for the disgusting bitter bile often spewed here. I understand... much of it is largely coming from folks who aren’t as good, have limited opportunities and are frankly frustrated

Now curse away!

This your fourth lesson is for you, even you can't handle criticism and you run into your shell if 3/4 known people on this thread tackle your response. But we know the person that is making you feel like you are very important.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nwendujudy: 5:19pm On May 24, 2018
Dear all,

Please I want to know. Between Oregon and Florida where would you advice someone seeking for admission to go to for studies. University of Oregon and Florida State university particularly? Anybody studying there or have attempted to study there? I have looked through the net but I need opinion of people who have been to the USA/ have first hand experience. Am considering two schools there and the tuition are reasonably okay. Looking at cost of living and where I can find a lot of people sharing my colour �. Thanks everyone

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (514)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.