Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (912913 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 8:34pm On May 24, 2018
OriEyeLe:
Good evening house, I have a question o. Is Northern Illinois University a red flag school? Thanks

What kind of red flag? Are they SEVP certified? Do they award degrees? Do they have necessary accreditations? Can they give you the degree you're going there for? Was their admission process legal? Are you a credible student who's not going to abuse your visa? Can you prove your answer to this last question?

If your answers to the above are yes, please go and get your visa if that's the next step for you. You're already messing with your mind before even getting to the VO's front. The current students there don't have two heads. Do your research on the school and if you like what you see, be happy and go for what you want.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 24, 2018
TWoods:

I would feel sorry for you if you require validation on a faceless forum to feel important. That’s something you should get from those around you

Eh I read criticism from people here all the time. I’ve learned to take the serious ones and ignore the trolls.

What have you said? Or what else can you say? "Feel important"because you were asked to take your own advice. Take your V and go. you are not the reason for the thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Niv25: 9:00pm On May 24, 2018
bigfrancis21:

I was away for the past 2 weeks. I just got back today. In my last email to you I told you to be patient that I would get back to you. You need to understand that things get very busy in this country. Like I promised, I will get back to you.

Thanks a lot for this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by orimahspence: 9:00pm On May 24, 2018
Ubah1:

Cos am not the only one experiencing this issue. Go to the site, you will encounter same if you have been denied within the last 6 months

My friend was denied in January, and he has choosen date already

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 9:08pm On May 24, 2018
nwendujudy:

Thanks for being so helpful. Course of study is environmental law. LLM

Either of the two should be good for the course. I would go with the cheaper but ok one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bod911: 9:15pm On May 24, 2018
orimahspence:

please, when did he/she book the appointment, this week?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by GraceofGodfollo: 9:29pm On May 24, 2018
orimahspence:

When did he book it? Was it this week??

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jolowizzy11(m): 9:44pm On May 24, 2018
@lagosismyhome , walspring , theamericans and so on, you guys are doing a great job on this thread.... @twood keep it cool bro 9 out of 10 people are saying the same things about you ,they all can't be wrong , good night guys

may God bless us all...

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 10:18pm On May 24, 2018
adedams:

What have you said? Or what else can you say? "Feel important"because you were asked to take your own advice. Take your V and go. you are not the reason for the thread.

Your sanctimonious bellyaching is amusing. At no point did I claim to be the reason for the thread. You seem to be quite upset... perhaps you’ll get better when you secure a visa.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 10:22pm On May 24, 2018
jolowizzy11:
@lagosismyhome , walspring , theamericans and so on, you guys are doing a great job on this thread.... @twood keep it cool bro 9 out of 10 people are saying the same things about you ,they all can't be wrong , good night guys

may God bless us all...

Thousands of Jews clamored to set Barrabas free and crucify Jesus... they couldn’t have been more wrong.

Nah I know when I’m getting good advice and when I’m dealing with a horde of malcontents who are simply piggybacking on each other. The latter aren’t really saying anything coherently enough to be taken seriously. They are free to howl as loudly as they wish.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jolowizzy11(m): 10:29pm On May 24, 2018
TWoods:

Thousands of Jews clamored to set Barrabas free and crucify Jesus... they couldn’t have been more wrong.

Nah I know when I’m getting good advice and when I’m dealing with a horde of malcontents who are simply piggybacking on each other. The latter aren’t really saying anything coherently enough to be taken seriously. They are free to howl as loudly as they wish.
okay......stay safe

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 10:34pm On May 24, 2018
jolowizzy11:
okay......stay safe

Thank you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 24, 2018
YES.

theamerican:

What kind of red flag? Are they SEVP certified? Do they award degrees? Do they have necessary accreditations? Can they give you the degree you're going there for? Was their admission process legal? Are you a credible student who's not going to abuse your visa? Can you prove your answer to this last question?

If your answers to the above are yes, please go and get your visa if that's the next step for you. You're already messing with your mind before even getting to the VO's front. The current students there don't have two heads. Do your research on the school and if you like what you see, be happy and go for what you want.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nwendujudy: 12:01am On May 25, 2018
imperiouxx:

Either of the two should be good for the course. I would go with the cheaper but ok one.

Thanks so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 12:02am On May 25, 2018
adedams:

This is all you always have to say. Everybody on nairaland is now looking for visa because you are the only one living in the USA. And no I dont need a visa. I have lived 20years of my life here. And Aburo I am not upset. Stupid cunt.

Congratulations... you don’t seem to have much to say either. I’ve tried quite hard but found nothing of substance from you so far. For someone so intent on reinforcing his misplaced sense of superiority. You have precisely 10 posts here, every single one has been to nitpick what I or theamerican had to say... nothing of substance for your much vaunted “20 years here”. I presume those born here now have the right to overthrow nairaland? grin

Grow up... who uses the “c” word today...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by hilaryxoxo(f): 12:03am On May 25, 2018
CONGRATSSSSSSS MY GUY!!!
As the VO heard “duke”, the other questions were just for “them say them say”

Chidinho10:
Visa Approved today at Walter Carrington

Thanks to all those who have contributed on this thread. You all deserve some accolades.

No need talking about how I slept or woke up, or how I got to Walter Carrington. I'll just go straight to the point.

Interviewed at Window 1 by an American lady

Me: Good morning

VO: Good morning

VO: What are you going to do in the US?

Me: I'm going to Duke University for my Master of Quantitative Management with concentration in Business Analytics

VO: Duke University is extremely difficult to get into. How did you do it?

Me: First of all, it was recommended by my industry mentor. Then, I took GRE twice and then the TOEFL. Then I applied and was interviewed before admitted.

VO: When did you get your undergraduate?

Me: 2016

VO: What have you been doing since then?

Me: During my mandatory National Youth Service, I worked as a Business Developer for a management consulting firm. Prior to that, I worked in multiple roles as a freelance business consultant.

VO: Have you traveled outside the country before?

Me: In 2016, I was an International Volunteer at a Community Development Project in Ghana (we chorused Ghana together)

VO: Who will be paying?

Me: I got a merit based scholarship, a loan and family support

VO: Married

Me: No

VO: Have kids?

Me: (I laughed) No

VO: Okay, I will be approving your visa. I couldn't remember the renaming things she said

Me: Thanks and have a nice day (after she completed her statement)

I appreciate the love, the bashing and the blackmail. Life itself is full of ups and downs.See you all at the top!!

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by hilaryxoxo(f): 12:04am On May 25, 2018
RT

TWoods:

You got admitted to Duke... pretty easy to grant you a visa... congrats!

Let those who continue to choose visa-mill schools learn from you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 12:06am On May 25, 2018
hilaryxoxo:
CONGRATSSSSSSS MY GUY!!!
As the VO heard “duke”, the other questions were just for “them say them say”

Basically the point. You will rarely read a student admitted to such schools being denied a visa. The VOs aren’t silly.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by PweetieBimbola(f): 12:31am On May 25, 2018
Thank you. I tried using my previous details and it worked. I appreciate
bigfrancis21:

An account has been created previously with the same email that you're using. You should try retrieving your old password using same email as username login, rather than creating a new account, which is not quite possible because your passport number is tied to your previous account.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by PweetieBimbola(f): 12:34am On May 25, 2018
I'm going for bachelor's
adedams:

Check any loopholes in your application and try addressing it. Applying from Kuwait is your best bet. You are going for a bachelors or a masters?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by PweetieBimbola(f): 12:37am On May 25, 2018
I wasnt given the chance to explain. I'm 28yrs old.
adedams:

I just saw this before my post, did you try explaining this way to the v.o. Ordinarily this is a good explanation for wanting your bsc. How old are you ? If you can't say it you can say the range maybe they have a problem with it. Overall getting a visa is really a subjective thing, we can't pen a refusal on something because we are not ye visa officer for sure
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by walepepe21: 12:43am On May 25, 2018
Chidinho10:
Visa Approved today at Walter Carrington

Thanks to all those who have contributed on this thread. You all deserve some accolades.

No need talking about how I slept or woke up, or how I got to Walter Carrington. I'll just go straight to the point.

Interviewed at Window 1 by an American lady

Me: Good morning

VO: Good morning

VO: What are you going to do in the US?

Me: I'm going to Duke University for my Master of Quantitative Management with concentration in Business Analytics

VO: Duke University is extremely difficult to get into. How did you do it?

Me: First of all, it was recommended by my industry mentor. Then, I took GRE twice and then the TOEFL. Then I applied and was interviewed before admitted.

VO: When did you get your undergraduate?

Me: 2016

VO: What have you been doing since then?

Me: During my mandatory National Youth Service, I worked as a Business Developer for a management consulting firm. Prior to that, I worked in multiple roles as a freelance business consultant.

VO: Have you traveled outside the country before?

Me: In 2016, I was an International Volunteer at a Community Development Project in Ghana (we chorused Ghana together)

VO: Who will be paying?

Me: I got a merit based scholarship, a loan and family support

VO: Married

Me: No

VO: Have kids?

Me: (I laughed) No

VO: Okay, I will be approving your visa. I couldn't remember the renaming things she said

Me: Thanks and have a nice day (after she completed her statement)

I appreciate the love, the bashing and the blackmail. Life itself is full of ups and downs.See you all at the top!!

Congratulations Duke Man grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Northeastern: 6:34am On May 25, 2018
Walspring:

Ask your sender and you get accurate info on that since the sender knows what (s)he used to send it.

Boss, I just sent you a pm.

Kindly respond.

Thank you.

As an update, please don't bother again, I have sorted myself out.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lala234: 9:35am On May 25, 2018
HELLO,

I WROTE THE SAT ON THE MAY 5TH, AND UP TILL NOW, I HAVEN'T SEEN MY RESULT, MEANWHILE, OTHERS WHO WROTE THE TEST SAME DATE WITH ME (DON'T KNOW ANYONE IN MY CENTER) SEEN THEIRS ALREADY.

AM REALLY SCARED AND FED UP.

RESULT IS SUPPOSED TO BE OUT FROM 18 TO 24TH AND TODAY IS 25.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by john9912: 10:59am On May 25, 2018
Lala234:
HELLO,

I WROTE THE SAT ON THE MAY 5TH, AND UP TILL NOW, I HAVEN'T SEEN MY RESULT, MEANWHILE, OTHERS WHO WROTE THE TEST SAME DATE WITH ME (DON'T KNOW ANYONE IN MY CENTER) SEEN THEIRS ALREADY.

AM REALLY SCARED AND FED UP.

RESULT IS SUPPOSED TO BE OUT FROM 18 TO 24TH AND TODAY IS 25.
I guess that's why the SAT results have date range and beside you are an international test taker be calm and keep checking...your result will be out soon maybe next week.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ariesben5: 11:06am On May 25, 2018
whyqueu:
Theamerican please say something !!!
My proposed Transcript !
Please I seriously need your views about this and I will appreciate if you can look deep into this Transcript .
VO : Why did you choose Tarleton state university
Me : [s]I choose Tarleton state university because of two professors
[/s](you can make their ongoing research work comes first before their names) , Professor Bradt Poe and Professor Ted ford. Professor Bradt Poe does research on Plant Breeding and Seed Technology for vast 25 years and he has worked on various crops like Vigna uniguiculata, seseme seed, weed seed , chocorus olitorus, amaratus and many others corps and Professor Ted ford reaserch on seed cytogenesis, Agricultural Extension, Heterosis ,plant tissue culture and many more and I was fastinated about there works and they offered me a research work on a particular project which is "Variability and use of multiple seed viqour indices to predict field emergency and potential longevity in crops like seseme, vigna ungiculata and zea mays . which is value for money .
VO :Why do you want masters degree/why this course / why Agricultural science and extension education ?
Me : Its inline with my career goals which has always been to do research, write journal and to become a university professor and a masters in Agricultural science and extension education with a concentration in Plant Breeding is a requirement to pick up a lecturing job at my alma mata and also give me the opportunity to become a consultant where I can give extensional services to agricultural company .
Vo:How did you hear about Tarleton state university?
Me: I knew about Tarleton state university when I attended our annual international agricultural conference at Zanzibar in Tanzania last June , where professor Bradt Poe from Tarleton state university was our guest speaker and he spoke about Plant breeding and seed technology and I was really fascinated about it and how huge it will benefit my career. Professor Bradt Poe has massive experience in Plant breeding for good 25 years and still counting and I knew its worth spending millions of naira to study .
Vo:How many school did I apply to ?
Me : I apply to 5 and I got admission in all
Tarleton state university
Murray state university
Southern Illinois university
University of Liverpool
University of hoheheim
Vo :What do you do ?
Me : I work with International institute of Tropical Agriculture. IITA as an assistant plant and soil scientists
Describe your Job :
I evaluate and interpret plans and soil for agricultural production, environmental quality, food security and many others . which is done on the field and in the lab ..where we collect soil/plant sample ,analyse, record to agricultural consultant etc.
kindly help me
proof read the amazing analyst here
cc
theamerican
our mummy lagosismyhome
twoods
walspring
any other guys are all welcome ..
God bless you all...one love

kudos to your transcript.

note this;
Murray state university
University of Liverpool
University of hoheheim

Which may prompt him to ask this question?
Why the US?

Your reasons for choosing US should burly than UK's &German's - because they have technologies available on campuses for students.

Ride on

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justwise(m): 12:46pm On May 25, 2018
ariesben5:

kudos to your transcript.

note this;
Murray state university
University of Liverpool
University of hoheheim

Which may prompt him to ask this question?
Why the US?

Your reasons for choosing US should burly than UK's &German's - because they have technologies available on campuses for students.

Ride on

..and no technologies in campus for student in UK and Germany?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by charlyduru: 12:50pm On May 25, 2018
Good day everyone, I want to know the possibility of getting a fully funded position in a research based management degree msc or PhD ?
I graduated with a 4.2 cgpa , adult ANd non formal education
School ideas wouldn’t be bad also

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 1:10pm On May 25, 2018
charlyduru:
Good day everyone, I want to know the possibility of getting a fully funded position in a research based management degree msc or PhD ?
I graduated with a 4.2 cgpa , adult ANd non formal education
School ideas wouldn’t be bad also

Thanks

You can. Take necessary exams and do some research

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.