Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:18 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (904143 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:37am On Jun 16, 2018
cojunior:
I am so sorry I am posting my transcript late. I did my interview 22nd of May, 2018.

Vo: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning; I have a little cough please bear with me.
I remember your contributions when I posted my profile here. I appreciate!

Congrats .... God bless your new journey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 3:03am On Jun 16, 2018
sirjunzenblaze:
Visa Delayed
US Embassy: Lagos, Nigeria

I got a scholarship from a High School to play American Football of $38 730 out of $40 730
Went with my sister as a minor who would also pay the $2000 left

Vo: Good morning.Can I have your passport and i20
Me: (I passed it)
Vo: where are you going to?
Me: I'm going to xxxx high School in Bleep USA to study and play American Football
Vo: How did you get the school?
Me: I got the school through a camp I attended where a coach was impressed with my size and skills and introduced me to xxxxx American football foundation where I sent my videos to the Founder xxxxxx and xxxxx who were impressed and referred me to their website where I registered and my profile was sent out to several high Schools, I had several interest but I chose Bleep high School because they best fit me and i have a relationship with the School staff and the football team Is among the best in their Conference.
Vo: How long have you been playing football?
Me: Since 2016
Me: I also took the standardized test, SSAT, and I got my enrolment contract.
VO: (didnt say anything)
VO: When are you supposed to graduate?
Me: 2020
VO: After graduation what next?
Me: I hope to get a College Scholarship to further my education and play football but If I don't then I would return to my Country to further my education at a University

VO: Where would you be staying?
Me: I would be staying in the School Dormitory and I have with me a letter from the school (I passed him the letter, he looks at it briefly then types for 3 minutes)
VO: Unfortunately, you are ineligible for a visa at this time, the reasons are in this paper (he hands me my passport and the letter)
Me: Thank you

He didn't talk about the $38,730 financial aid offered to me by the college, with an outstanding $2,000 to be paid by my sponsor. Also didn't ask for the Bank statement of my sponsor. Lots of visa applications were denied on that day.

HELP! WHAT WENT WRONG.

Hello, I think you shot yourself in the leg. Forget about the financial aid , if you dont have a clear purpose of what you will do next after graduation, you will be refused. Number one criteria for a V.O to issue you a visa is having a clear plan to return to your home country after your studies. From your transcript you don’t have a clear plans and that makes you an intended immigrant. Atimes a full funding does not help, seen someone with full funding from a top school refused visa cos of lack of clear plans of what to do next after graduation.

Since you are going to learn how to play football well. Returning to your home country to play for your country and join top clubs in Nigeria would have been a better reply to what you said.

A refusal is temporal, reapply and fire back. I believe you will get it this time.

Let the gurus in the house chip in too

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:30am On Jun 16, 2018
sirjunzenblaze:
Visa Delayed
US Embassy: Lagos, Nigeria

I got a scholarship from a High School to play American Football of $38 730 out of $40 730
Went with my sister as a minor who would also pay the $2000 left

Vo: Good morning.Can I have your passport and i20
Me: (I passed it)
Vo: where are you going to?
Me: I'm going to xxxx high School in Bleep USA to study and play American Football
Vo: How did you get the school?
Me: I got the school through a camp I attended where a coach was impressed with my size and skills and introduced me to xxxxx American football foundation where I sent my videos to the Founder xxxxxx and xxxxx who were impressed and referred me to their website where I registered and my profile was sent out to several high Schools, I had several interest but I chose Bleep high School because they best fit me and i have a relationship with the School staff and the football team Is among the best in their Conference.
Vo: How long have you been playing football?
Me: Since 2016
Me: I also took the standardized test, SSAT, and I got my enrolment contract.
VO: (didnt say anything)
VO: When are you supposed to graduate?
Me: 2020
VO: After graduation what next?
Me: I hope to get a College Scholarship to further my education and play football but If I don't then I would return to my Country to further my education at a University
VO: Where would you be staying?
Me: I would be staying in the School Dormitory and I have with me a letter from the school (I passed him the letter, he looks at it briefly then types for 3 minutes)
VO: Unfortunately, you are ineligible for a visa at this time, the reasons are in this paper (he hands me my passport and the letter)
Me: Thank you

He didn't talk about the $38,730 financial aid offered to me by the college, with an outstanding $2,000 to be paid by my sponsor. Also didn't ask for the Bank statement of my sponsor. Lots of visa applications were denied on that day.

HELP! WHAT WENT WRONG.

You focused too much on football and not on a career path and how it can benefit Nigeria.... although from your profile you must be very young so I give you some allowance of error

If you go back then think of what college u want to attend , what career you like to do and how it can benefit Nigeria. So that when asked what next aka career goal you can articulate better what your dreams are

It might be football but that a different kind of football from soccer played in Nigeria so I wont over emphasize on it (although your dream can be building future teams when you return) but have some clearer defined aspiration. Also there might ask you a different set of questions so just prepare all around

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by zlantanfan: 7:30am On Jun 16, 2018
Good day everyone,

I am really in need help from the experts here, so I ran an online academy programme on technology from a us company here in Nigeria.

Effectively I passed all the requirements and they asked that I continue in residency with them obviously they would pay me $3000 every month while eventually we build a technology firm together via the arrangement which I get to spearhead as CEO.

My problem is what visa type can I apply for that suits all these knowing its eventually a job which wasn't offered to be on academic qualifications?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 7:31am On Jun 16, 2018
yuscodguy:
Good evening my people, please can someone who have NCE Certificate go for Masters directly or need to go for undergraduate first?

please i need your contributions.

Is it equivalent to a degree? If No, then you can't. The same way you can't in Nigeria if I 'm right.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:44am On Jun 16, 2018
zlantanfan:
Good day everyone,

I am really in need help from the experts here, so I ran an online academy programme on technology from a us company here in Nigeria.

Effectively I passed all the requirements and they asked that I continue in residency with them obviously they would pay me $3000 every month while eventually we build a technology firm together via the arrangement which I get to spearhead as CEO.

My problem is what visa type can I apply for that suits all these knowing its eventually a job which wasn't offered to be on academic qualifications?

If the company really serious then they should apply for h1B work visa for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by onlyme07(m): 7:46am On Jun 16, 2018
yuscodguy:
Good evening my people, please can someone who have NCE Certificate go for Masters directly or need to go for undergraduate first?

please i need your contributions.
You're very very funny. NCE for Masters just like asking if OND can go for Masters.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by zlantanfan: 7:47am On Jun 16, 2018
LagosismyHome:

If the company really serious then they should apply for h1B work visa for you
Thanks, I really believe they would but is there some requirement I need on my part?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Smartconcept1: 10:45am On Jun 16, 2018
nosagiez:
Master of science in Chemistry at the Middle Tennessee State University

Really, company account.
did you go with a kind of covering letter from company or bank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by benedum(m): 10:46am On Jun 16, 2018
Here is the transcript
my interview is scheduled for next week and I really need ur help..

Vo: where are u going to in the us?
Me: I am going to pursue a bachelor's degree in business administration and management

Vo:how did you get to know about this school?
Me: it was recommended to me by an employee who works as an assistant manager in my dads company,then I went online to make further enquiries and I discovered that the school suites my course of study

Vo: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: 1

Vo why Anu
Me: while going through there portal,I found out that the school has maintained a quality education for over 30 yrs ,and its rooted in buss admin,I also found out that the school has a low crime rate and small class size that is suitable for one to learn fast and that they have quality customer service

Vo:what will this course do for you?
Me: it will give me an edge over other applicants for any role that has to do with running a business ,it will also boost my c.v when applying for a job here in Nigeria

Vo: can u tell More about your course ?
Me: buss admin deals with the day to day running of the activities of a business setting ,tactical plans and strategic plans

Vo: when did u graduate high school?
Me :2016

What have u been doing since then?
Me: I went for an 8 month computer training program

Vo: who is sponsoring you?
Me : my dad

Vo :what does he do
Me : he is an importer

Vo: did you take any test
Me: no

Vo: what do u plan to do after your degree?
Me: I plan to come for my nysc program,after that I would like to do a one year internship in my dads company ,then after that I will apply for and MBA

Please I need ur corrections in any way possible ..
please

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Smartconcept1: 10:48am On Jun 16, 2018
nosagiez:
Thank you very much. My question was actually base on how long my AP will take and not on the balance on my account, because I know they don't check for balance.
They only check for authenticity of the statement provided. Maybe Australia and Canada check for balance, but US doesn't. Thanks once again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nosagiez(m): 2:38pm On Jun 16, 2018
Smartconcept1:

Really, company account.
did you go with a kind of covering letter from company or bank

I went with a letter of sponsor.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lamzee(m): 7:51pm On Jun 16, 2018
nosagiez:

I
Bros,what's all these things you've been spitting out all these while, fine you've gotten your V. Congratulations, but don't let it be difficult for others going with the same docs.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by winterstorm: 8:30pm On Jun 16, 2018
nosagiez:

Abeg make we enter the same plane to Goan see Trump jare... . grin ;Di appreciate your encouragement sist. They don't check balance indeed.
Guy why all these comments nau,..
Why nau?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by winterstorm: 8:38pm On Jun 16, 2018
nosagiez:
Thank you very much. My question was actually base on how long my AP will take and not on the balance on my account, because I know they don't check for balance.
They only check for authenticity of the statement provided. Maybe Australia and Canada check for balance, but US doesn't. Thanks once again.

You never cross the bridge, you don dey break am.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by winterstorm: 8:53pm On Jun 16, 2018
nosagiez:
Visa Approved after two days on AP. Abuja Embassy

VO. Good morning and welcome to United State Of America
ME. (Fear catch me, I thought I am in US embassy). Good morning sir.

VO. Your passport please
ME. Have it sir

VO. Thank you, I can see you are going to Middle Tennessee State University
ME. Yes sir.

VO. Your I20 please
ME. This is it sir.

VO. Thank you, I can see here that you were offer a graduate assistantship that covers your tuition and a living expenses.
ME. Yes sir,

VO. Do you have a letter for your assistantship offer?
ME. Yes sir,

VO. Let me take a look
ME. I passed it,

VO. What does your assistantship entails?
ME. I will be teaching 8hrs every week on the laboratory sir.

VO. Ok! I can also see that your family is your sponsor, which of your family member?
ME. Yes sir, my grandfather sir, though he's late but I have a sponsorship from him company. My uncle is currently managing the company sir.

VO. Do you have a bank statement from your grandfather?
ME. Yes sir, from the company, my grandfather is làte sir.

VO. I can't approved your Visa now, I have to check if your statement is genuine. Do you know if you bring a fake statement you will be banned from entering the US for forever.
ME. Yes sir

VO. OK we will get back to you, I will keep your passport, your I20 and your statement.
ME. OK sir.

My interview was on 12th of June at Abuja. This evening I got a text that my passport is ready for collection and my status has been changed from AP to Issued.

The account I used wasa company account. The statement balance I submitted was 8M but it was withdrawn within 12days to 99k (so basically they are not after your balance just the authenticity of the account)

PS. I wrote GRE twice and I scored 280 and 286 respectively. V140 Q146 AWA 3.0 God showed up for me when I made my application. I got admitted into MTSU with full funding and a comfortable monthly stipends.

My advice is that you should make that application and let God do the rest. Thank you fellow NairaLanders.

I suggest you keep calm . I'm very very sure you can still be tracked and visa can still be cancelled. undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Osunguy: 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2018
Please guys, I want to pay for WES now Buh I do not understand what they mean by the address 1 and 2. Should I put my own home address or WES' address, also the New York option, it's only states in USA that are available in the options.
I also do not have a credit card, should I put in my debit card details like that? Does it matter. I anticipate your reply sir/ma

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Predstan: 9:32pm On Jun 16, 2018
Put your address in Line 1 only. Leave line 2 empty... To change that state, you need to change country first to Nigeria. Make sure you use your own card as the site will not accept a different card details that is not in your name.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Osunguy: 9:57pm On Jun 16, 2018
Predstan:
Put your address in Line 1 only. Leave line 2 empty... To change that state, you need to change country first to Nigeria. Make sure you use your own card as the site will not accept a different card details that is not in your name.

Can I pay with my debit card in the credit card option?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by thirdpage: 10:08pm On Jun 16, 2018
Osunguy:

Can I pay with my debit card in the credit card option?

Yes you can
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Osunguy: 10:40pm On Jun 16, 2018
thirdpage:

Yes you can
Thanks alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 3:30am On Jun 17, 2018
ariesben5:

Bros,
You don't have any issue with your answers is just that your choice of institution Wright State University is ranked #231-#300 in National Universities and the institution is not rank in the Nation's Nursing program
A TIER 2 INST. for a Nursing Program.
Change Institution before refiring. I don talk my own ooo

You don't need a Tier 1, 2 or 3 school to study nursing. In US, nursing and medical courses are good in any board accredited school. A pass in licensure exam is what matters. I will just stick with that WSU.

copy: marvinn
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 4:11am On Jun 17, 2018
nosagiez:
Visa Approved after two days on AP. Abuja Embassy

VO. Good morning and welcome to United State Of America
ME. (Fear catch me, I thought I am in US embassy). Good morning sir.

VO. Your passport please
ME. Have it sir

VO. Thank you, I can see you are going to Middle Tennessee State University
ME. Yes sir.

VO. Your I20 please
ME. This is it sir.

VO. Thank you, I can see here that you were offer a graduate assistantship that covers your tuition and a living expenses.
ME. Yes sir,

VO. Do you have a letter for your assistantship offer?
ME. Yes sir,

VO. Let me take a look
ME. I passed it,

VO. What does your assistantship entails?
ME. I will be teaching 8hrs every week on the laboratory sir.

VO. Ok! I can also see that your family is your sponsor, which of your family member?
ME. Yes sir, my grandfather sir, though he's late but I have a sponsorship from him company. My uncle is currently managing the company sir.

VO. Do you have a bank statement from your grandfather?
ME. Yes sir, from the company, my grandfather is làte sir.

VO. I can't approved your Visa now, I have to check if your statement is genuine. Do you know if you bring a fake statement you will be banned from entering the US for forever.
ME. Yes sir

VO. OK we will get back to you, I will keep your passport, your I20 and your statement.
ME. OK sir.

My interview was on 12th of June at Abuja. This evening I got a text that my passport is ready for collection and my status has been changed from AP to Issued.

The account I used wasa company account. The statement balance I submitted was 8M but it was withdrawn within 12days to 99k (so basically they are not after your balance just the authenticity of the account)

PS. I wrote GRE twice and I scored 280 and 286 respectively. V140 Q146 AWA 3.0 God showed up for me when I made my application. I got admitted into MTSU with full funding and a comfortable monthly stipends.

My advice is that you should make that application and let God do the rest. Thank you fellow NairaLanders.

False. An authentic account with $10 would not get you a visa. They want to know that you have sufficient funds (not just an account) to get through at least your first year. Again you’ve “successfully” scammed your way through to a visa by misrepresentation. The account is one that is obviously not available to you. Good luck to those coming behind you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 4:35am On Jun 17, 2018
@ jonbounce, ReenyZinny, nosagiez, qdamilola and cojunior

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 9:17am On Jun 17, 2018
zlantanfan:
Good day everyone,

Your options are H1B visa, L1A, L1B visa etc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lullu: 9:55am On Jun 17, 2018
Pls how do i pm somebody, u are in von pls can i contact uuote author=nosagiez post=68537903]

I went with a letter of sponsor.[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 17, 2018
Can anyone preferably a current/former US Grad student explain why top schools are abandoning GRE as an admission requirement?

Schools that have removed GRE for some programs

MIT
Stanford
Chicago
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lullu: 9:59am On Jun 17, 2018
bigfrancis21:

Your options are H1B visa, L1A, L1B visa etc.
pls how do i pm u want to ask some questions. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 10:37am On Jun 17, 2018
lullu:
pls how do i pm u want to ask some questions. Thanks

click on the person's profile name and from the click on send message
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Stormyweather(m): 11:26am On Jun 17, 2018
Good day guys, can anyone recommend universities to do a master's in English studies. One that can offer stipends, waivers or scholarship for a 3.3/5 graduate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 12:07pm On Jun 17, 2018
Postfut:
Can anyone preferably a current/former US Grad student explain why top schools are abandoning GRE as an admission requirement?

Schools that have removed GRE for some programs

MIT
Stanford
Chicago

Am sure they won't remove it for engineering programmes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2018
Ubah1:

Am sure they won't remove it for engineering programmes
Nope. Some schools have

MIT'S Media Lab does not want your GRE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.