Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,798 members, 7,806,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (912353 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by cseejhay: 11:42pm On Jun 17, 2018
Ije5oma:
Hello Everyone, I was refused a visa on the 14th of May and I plan on going back soon.please here’s my proposed transcript...kindly help critique n correct.I am open to all types of criticism

I’m counting on you guys..

What has changed about your profile: When I came for interview the last time I had stage fright and was nervous and this made me lose my composure (It’s the same thing on my DS160)

Why are you going to the US; To pursue my Masters in Information Systems at Middle Tennessee State University

Tell me about your study plan- I am goind to MTSU to pursue my masters in information technology. The course will require a completion of 30 credit unit hours consisting of 12credit hrs of required courses, 9 credit hours of compulsory courses and 9credit hours of electives.I will be taking courses like project Management and systems development, machine learning algorithm,Data base design n development, mining and predictive analytics, software design and programming,Machine learning algorithms.Having discussed with Prof. Carol Clarke who is currently doing a research on thethe application of data Minng and predictive analytics for pensions data management, i am excited to be in her team because the knowledge and exposure gathered will he used to tackle the challenges facing the pensions industry in Nigeria

Why us; I am going to the US because US is the center of excellence in IT . Most of the big players in IT are located in the US. US is a place where all the best professionals and students in the globe converges, going to the US will give me a better edge amongst my colleagues when I return back into the country
Or
2. It’s a known fact that US has one of the best educational systems in the world.US has a culture that embraces intellectualism and academic freedom.going to study in the US will equip me with the skill and exposure I need to help contribute to the pensions industry in Nigeria

How many schools did you apply to; three schools

Name them;Mtsu,Ohio state uni and Missouri state.

How many gave you admission; The three schools

How did you know about the school- while going through a journal i was reading a publication of risk simulators and machine learning for pension data management, which was a paper written by Prof. Carol Clarke i developed an interest and that was how i first came across mtsu. i further made use of resources such as US school.com,college board, peterson graduate guide to look up for list of schools offering information technology and MTSU was one of them so i decided to apply

Why MTSU; I chose MTSU because they offer information Technology that is dynamic and flexible which also suits my research interest and professional goal.My research interest is in the application of Big data analytics and Business Intelligence on Pension Data Management. I would be working with Prof. Carol Clarkewho is doing a research on the application of Data mining and predictive analysis on pensions data management.Also MTSU integrates computing,project management and Business in there curriculum making me well rounded in providing software solutions when I return.I also got an $8000 scholarship

Why Information Technology; I have always been a tech savvy person, my strength and motivation lies in field of computing and data management. while working in the Benefit and payment department at ******Pensions i realized that there is due to too much lag time in Pensions payment which is due to poor documentation and inefficient data management and this is leaving Nigerian retirees frustrated and unhappy because of delayed payment. Pursuing a degree in IT will equip me with the knowledge and exposure i need in terms claiming pension loss,detecting fraud using Business intelligence. This is useful for me because I want to build apps, software and provide business solutions that will revolutionize the pensions industry in Nigeria

When did you graduate; 2012
What did you study; Geography

Where did you work; i went for my compulsory youth service. i got a job at ***cinemas as a team member, my job roles are selling of movie tickets, i monitored the screen to ensure that the right movies are showing at the right time and also make sure that he guests are comfortable. i am currently working at *****Pensions as a Benefit and payment analyst my roles are i receive, process and monitor payment request sent to the National Pensions Commission For Approval, i am involved in data management and regularly update efile of all payment request to prevent loss of pension claims,I update and authorize change of personal information . I use adope analytics and excel to prepare weekly reports

Why the switch-I have always been a tech savvy person. while working for ****pension as a benefit and payment analyst i realised that we have the lag time in pension payment processing and the major problems are due to poor documentation and poor data management in Nigeria. this program will equip me with the knowledge that i can apply to help me solve the challenges we are facing in the pensions Industry

What will this degree do for you; the program will equip me with the technical knowledge and expertise to solve the problems related to lag time in pension data payment which is due to poor data management and monitoring. i also want to take up a lecturing job at the university of Lagos as an Information Technologist while working as a data management consultant for the National Pensions Commission

Who is sponsoring you;My father, i got an $8000 scholarship. I also have some money saved up

Please help my life..I don’t want to fail again

Sorry about the delay. Have you visited the ambassy again? Have you been issued the visa? I will like us to touch-base if it’s okay!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adel3951: 12:00am On Jun 18, 2018
iceberge:
hello friemds,

i just recently receieved a phd offer from texas a&m college station. it is a fully funded position in engineering. my i-20 is yet to arrive and my resumption date is late august. can anyone tell me the general timeline for a visa application and what ways i can expidite the process in order to meet my resumption date.

thanks

Hi, do you know omolola from unilag?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by teehey: 12:11am On Jun 18, 2018
Good evening all, please what is the current appointment visa date for Lagos and Abuja as I want to schedule appointment for F1 visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by presiade(m): 12:23am On Jun 18, 2018
iceberge:
hello friemds,

i just recently receieved a phd offer from texas a&m college station. it is a fully funded position in engineering. my i-20 is yet to arrive and my resumption date is late august. can anyone tell me the general timeline for a visa application and what ways i can expidite the process in order to meet my resumption date.

thanks

What course are you going to study and when did you apply? Could you share your profile?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ponpon(m): 12:50am On Jun 18, 2018
iceberge:
hello friemds,

thanks
I’ll advice you book your flight asap. You’ll get the visa. If possible book it today
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Matty91(m): 4:37am On Jun 18, 2018
ponpon:
I’ll advice you book your flight asap. You’ll get the visa. If possible book it today

I truly applaud your optimism for a brother, however, I advice he takes precaution while trying to do so.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ponpon(m): 5:25am On Jun 18, 2018
Matty91:

I truly applaud your optimism for a brother, however, I advice he takes precaution while trying to do so.
Texas A&M college station and you sound like a normal human being at the embassy I don’t see a reason he’ll be denied. The increase in price for flights now is not child’s!!! Lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TRUMPMAD: 8:06am On Jun 18, 2018
Please i still can't pick a date. As anyone that was refused in May been able to pick date again.

Please advise on what to do. I keep seeing no available date

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 8:45am On Jun 18, 2018
TRUMPMAD:
Please i still can't pick a date. As anyone that was refused in May been able to pick date again.

Are you trying lagos or abuja?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by olukoredejay: 9:06am On Jun 18, 2018
Thank you so much for the corrections. I will definitely make neccesary adjustment.

FIRST HIGHLIGHT
That statement is too generic. Give some specifics. What industry are you eyeing? How will an MBA give you an edge in the labor market for that industry?

SECOND HIGHLIGHT
1. Prompt emails made you choose a school? So assuming a school has wack learning facilities, will you still go there because they responded fast to your emails?

Give a stronger reason

2. Research opportunities for an MBA Maybe I should remind you that an MBA is not a research degree and you're not expected to do research but to learn hands-on skills for troubleshooting business problems for organizations. MBA is a practical degree, not a research degree and mentioning research to a VO that knows the game is equivalent to playing penalty to throw-in.

Also, I don't know how the UALR curriculum for MBA is, but a 21st century MBA doesn't require thesis or any research work. So, mentioning research to a VO wey Sabi how e be will be devastating.

So find another logical reason.

3. You were accepted to a couple of other universities, but you said you were accepted to only two universities. When you're with the VO, have a logical flow. It's not advisable to lie.

4. What is your area of interest? That sounds generic. Try and be more specific. The courses you mentioned cover Supply Chain Management, Accounting, General Management and Strategy. So what exactly is your area of interest?

THIRD HIGHLIGHT

Not getting any form of financial aid from UALR MBA may be seen as a red flag based on current trends. But since your dad is sponsoring 100% (who obviously should have same surname with you) it will definitely help to reduce the risk

Goodluck[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Udohubong85: 10:13am On Jun 18, 2018
K

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 10:32am On Jun 18, 2018
nosagiez:

Baba ooh.��. Ei still dey do me like dream. GRE 286 TOEFL 75 full funding with a good monthly stipends. Apply for Visa and was approved. Aah. Bros come to VON estate lugbe joor...��

I have been in Lugbe NIA quarters since weekend.. grin grin grin

How e go be nah ?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 10:43am On Jun 18, 2018
sirjunzenblaze:
Visa Delayed
US Embassy: Lagos, Nigeria

I got a scholarship from a High School to play American Football of $38 730 out of $40 730
Went with my sister as a minor who would also pay the $2000 left

Vo: Good morning.Can I have your passport and i20
Me: (I passed it)
Vo: where are you going to?
Me: I'm going to xxxx high School in Bleep USA to study and play American Football
Vo: How did you get the school?
Me: I got the school through a camp I attended where a coach was impressed with my size and skills and introduced me to xxxxx American football foundation where I sent my videos to the Founder xxxxxx and xxxxx who were impressed and referred me to their website where I registered and my profile was sent out to several high Schools, I had several interest but I chose Bleep high School because they best fit me and i have a relationship with the School staff and the football team Is among the best in their Conference.
Vo: How long have you been playing football?
Me: Since 2016
Me: I also took the standardized test, SSAT, and I got my enrolment contract.
VO: (didnt say anything)
VO: When are you supposed to graduate?
Me: 2020
VO: After graduation what next?
Me: I hope to get a College Scholarship to further my education and play football but If I don't then I would return to my Country to further my education at a University
VO: Where would you be staying?
Me: I would be staying in the School Dormitory and I have with me a letter from the school (I passed him the letter, he looks at it briefly then types for 3 minutes)
VO: Unfortunately, you are ineligible for a visa at this time, the reasons are in this paper (he hands me my passport and the letter)
Me: Thank you

He didn't talk about the $38,730 financial aid offered to me by the college, with an outstanding $2,000 to be paid by my sponsor. Also didn't ask for the Bank statement of my sponsor. Lots of visa applications were denied on that day.

HELP! WHAT WENT WRONG.

Is your school private or public ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 10:43am On Jun 18, 2018
Mayflowa:

That is not possibly the reason he was denied. The VO believes he is an intending immigrant since his mom and brother already live in the US. The VO is just unfair

Okay if you say so..
Leone26:
Hi Walspring. Pls I need GRE & TOEFL prep materials, I'm writing my exams in September. Really appreciate. fib.mido21@gmail.com

materials sent.

bashbanks:
Can someone please help me with Toefl and Gre prep materials.. Plsssss My email is bankolebashir@gmail.com
@walspring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 10:44am On Jun 18, 2018
ezseun:

Hello,
Please, I need the materials too, kindly send to ezseun@gmail.com.
God Bless You.

Check your email for the materials

tsquare299:
please, help me with TOEFL materials. I really need it. Thanks. tewogbadetunde@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sirtenburg(m): 10:51am On Jun 18, 2018
Good morning house!
My visa was delayed on the 14/06/2018.I want to pay another visa fee and reschedule my appointment tomorrow. my school is resuming on August 30,please is it possible to get an appointment date before the resumption?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 10:53am On Jun 18, 2018
MyAmericandream:
Can I use someone else credit card, coz the person want to pay for me free in USA. Look at the payment options, no debit card, hope I'm not doing the wrong thing?

Yes but i have it is not a stolen card the person wants to use for you. Just be on a safer side

Also debit card work where they put credit card

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 10:53am On Jun 18, 2018
Olayinkaji:

Please bro. Can you also help me send the materials, I would appreciate. Ajinajaolayinka@gmail.com

Materials sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 10:55am On Jun 18, 2018
TRUMPMAD:

Keep checking
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 10:55am On Jun 18, 2018
teehey:
Good evening all, please what is the current appointment visa date for Lagos and Abuja as I want to schedule appointment for F1 visa

You can login yourself to see it..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Hussein0816: 11:50am On Jun 18, 2018
Pls....I am yet to get my admission letter from schools in the US...Hope they've not been giving admission for fall semester? Maybe there's a problem somewhere?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ghs007(m): 12:11pm On Jun 18, 2018
teehey:
August 1st in Lagos
June 30th in Abuja
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bombman: 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2018
is some one here going to Georgia state university or is there someone here at Georgia state university
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TRUMPMAD: 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2018
Ubah1:

Are you trying lagos or abuja?
Have check both. No date available.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ctemi(f): 12:25pm On Jun 18, 2018
Demonicide:
Hello, Is it advisable for me to go to my school before paying for the evaluation or i should do it the other way round? Thanks!

Sorry for late reply. Register on Wes before going to school cos thy will need address thy wl send the transcript to whc is Wes address.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coloniel5000(m): 1:24pm On Jun 18, 2018
walspring and chidinho....guys please have PM both of you still waiting for your reply....please I'm waiting.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nosagiez(m): 1:30pm On Jun 18, 2018
Lamzee:

Bros,what's all these things you've been spitting out all these while, fine you've gotten your V. Congratulations, but don't let it be difficult for others going with the same docs.

Bros I only Shared my transcript. I didn't ask you to use it for your application or appointment at the embassy. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Demonicide(f): 1:32pm On Jun 18, 2018
Ctemi:

Sorry for late reply. Register on Wes before going to school cos thy will need address thy wl send the transcript to whc is Wes address.

hope their evaluation doesn't take time?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nosagiez(m): 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2018
winterstorm:

Guy why all these comments nau,..
Why nau?

I was replying a comment bruh. And I shared my experience, yours might be different. Maybe they will check your account and the balance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nosagiez(m): 1:36pm On Jun 18, 2018
winterstorm:

I suggest you keep calm . I'm very very sure you can still be tracked and visa can still be cancelled. undecided

All my Doc's legit Bro. Valid account statement with lot of Cash. Just that at the day of my interview there was no money on it that day, but it has been reimbursed. My Visa can't be cancelled. God has done it. Pray hard for yours also Bro. He will do it for you.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olayinkaji(m): 2:10pm On Jun 18, 2018
Walspring:

Materials sent
Seen thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.