Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,932 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (911265 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by noblemann1(m): 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2017
TWoods:

You didn’t ask me what food you should eat today though?

For a guy with a first class, this question is an awful disappointment. There is asking questions to gain knowledge and asking because you are intellectually lazy.
Lol, you must be funny... You should know am a novice that was why I sounded like that, but no ILL feeling at all. It shouldn't all be because of first class maybe my attitude. Will approach in a better manner next time.
Thanks, God bless you

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Time2Smile(m): 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2017
TWoods:

The term "troll"... the favorite word used by those who lack the intellectual wherewithal to have a debate, the last refuge of the dimwitted.

1. I actually provided my advice, you just didn't like it, because it did not square with yours... so you chose to cry louder than the bereaved.

In fact, according to Wikipedia an internet troll "is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll's amusement."

and Sir, you didn't give him any advice in your initial response. So, it is either you are lying or a case of selective amnesia. Below are the question and your response.

Mitchely: Good day all, my wife and daughter F2 visa delayed at Abuja this morning majorly because I stated during my own interview they were not coming with me which was true at the time.
Please any helpful advice? And when is the next available date in Abuja? I am so devastated right now.

The VOs aren’t as stupid as you think. You most likely claimed your family wasn’t coming with you so you could use them as home ties and improve your visa chances. Now you want to sneak them in through the backdoor.

Second, in another post, you claimed the VOs should understand as they make changes as things happen daily. Well true. But a decision to move an entire family to the US on an F2 visa is not a decision you make over a bowl of eba. You must have thought this through for weeks and months... since your wife would have to quit her job, a decision no one takes lightly.

Don’t be devastated dear, you’re the architect of your own pain. The VOs are free to change their minds as they wish, the US is their home country. You are also free to change plans as you wish, in Nigeria. Stay home and enjoy the fruits of your own dishonesty. God isn’t mocked.
So, where is the advice in the response above? Take a look again at the definition of a troll and tell me if this is not consistent with trolling.

Therefore, please do all us a favour Dr Twood, when someone asks for an advice on this thread and you don't have any to offer, can you please just move on instead of giving your unsolicited, sanctimonious judgement which only amounts to trolling. It is not too difficult to do, I believe in you, you can do this, I know you can.

N.B: I want to apologize to everyone for derailing the thread. I actually agree with him on a lot of things, but the earlier we call him out, and he stops his trolling behaviour, the better it is for the everyone and the thread.

@Mitchely, I will like to apologize for his insensitive remarks, if his hubris wouldn't allow him to do so.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Enyz: 8:34pm On Dec 11, 2017
Fodio84:
School will resume on the 12 January, can I still reapply and get an appointment before the above mentioned date. Pls its urgent

The available date as at now is 29th if January

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2017
TWoods:

You’re going about this all wrong. The aim shouldn’t be selecting a school favorable to the VOs but one that helps you achieve your goal - which is to advance your career. In that case, these are things I would think about if I were you:

1. What is my major of choice?
2. Which are the top schools for that major?
3. Depending on cost and admissions requirements, can I narrow my list from 2) above to 3-4 schools?

Chances are, all schools selected in 3) above will be acceptable to the VOs and you are better placed to answer the question “why did you select this school” without needing a mock or cramming someone else’s answers.
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jangal(f): 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2017
aanexplus:
Hi guys.

Finally went for my interview today but I was placed on administrative processing. Is dere anybody else who got this administrative issue? Cos they gave lot of F1 administrative processing

Woah..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by gbaby4live: 9:32pm On Dec 11, 2017
jangal:

Woah.. Lagos now following Abuja route?

Who else can confirm this?

This gonna be a bad news for some tho..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 11, 2017
[quote author=jangal post=63196739]
Woah.. Lagos now following Abuja route?
Who else can confirm this?[/quote
was any documents collected from u aside passport?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:49pm On Dec 11, 2017
cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Yankee101: 9:52pm On Dec 11, 2017
oluwadamilare26:

Is BSc in Statistics similar to BSc in Information & Computer Science with concentration in IT?

I already have the former... going for the latter.

'Major' in IT, not 'concentration'. Start speaking your American school's language, show you've done your research when you go for your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by texrem(m): 9:54pm On Dec 11, 2017
Welcome to chap 13. Waiting for more success stories!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by texrem(m): 9:55pm On Dec 11, 2017
I am down for any form of payments. Hit me up anyday anytime. God bless! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Emmyirab(m): 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2017
Good day good people,
I just got an email from my school that my I20 has been shipped, so it'll probably get to me in a week.
When is it advisable to book my appointment for??
I'm thinking of booking for mid January.
Is that too early??

P.S: I'm going for Spring 2018 and classes start Mid April.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:57pm On Dec 11, 2017
Bidexluv:
@LagosismyHome and others

Thanks for all your contributions to the thread!

I have a friend who wants to pay SEVIS fee. Is it something you can help with?

Pm Texrem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:58pm On Dec 11, 2017
Emmyirab:
Good day good people,
I just got an email from my school that my I20 has been shipped, so it'll probably get to me in a week.
When is it advisable to book my appointment for??
I'm thinking of booking for mid January.
Is that too early??

P.S: I'm going for Spring 2018 and classes start Mid April.

Spring session starting in April ?.......please make sure it not a one man building school .

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Emmyirab(m): 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Spring session starting in April ?.......please make sure it not a one man building school .

Its Brigham Young University Idaho.
Its a good school from what I have seen and heard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Niv25: 10:03pm On Dec 11, 2017
hello guys...I intend starting my application by January next year...and I intend applying to only one community college which is HCC...I hope that won't be a problem..after making my inquiries and research I made up my mind to go with the school...I hope that won't raise a suspicion..Again I intend applying with my high school results...pls I you guys advice and suggestion..�

@ Twoods, @EZEIGBO, will really appreciate you GUYS candid advice TOO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by gbaby4live: 10:05pm On Dec 11, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Please this a public forum so be careful of what you put out there. Especially things that are speculative with no evidence

Maybe I misread your comment....but your comment appears to hint lagos people go with Oluwole .

It's actually some @Lagosismyhome..

My prayers are with those going for their interview tomorrow..

Unexpected favor shall be their portion tomorrow...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 11, 2017
aanexplus:
Hi guys.

Finally went for my interview today but I was placed on administrative processing. Is dere anybody else who got this administrative issue? [b]Cos they gave lot of F1 administrative processing
Why won't they do that when someone here has been shouting fraud since as if Nigeria is the most problematic nation on earth?

VOs read this forum regularly.

Take a look at this below;

https://m.ranker.com/list/the-most-corrupt-countries-in-the-world/info-lists

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Salomena: 10:20pm On Dec 11, 2017
Guyz, if you are academically sound and you are on a quest to study in the US, I encourage you to put in all it takes to get admitted to an Ivy league or very top US program. Aim to ace the GRE or GMAT, very high GPA, a well crafted personal statement/essays with compelling emotions and an achivement based profile with alot of volunteer experience. These schools look at intellectual vitality, leadership potentials, employability after graduation, class uniqueness and diversity and future supportive alumni network to mention but a few high points. See a transcript at the US embassy for F1 visa.
VO: your passport and i20
Hands over to the CO.
VO: congratulations on your Stanford GSB admission. Pick up your passport at the circled location and keep up the good work.

Another
VO: pass your documents, i20 and passport only.
Hands over.
VO: wow. Wharton Upen? Just once in a while we get to see intakes from Africa. What did you score in the standard test and what was your GPA?
Gmat 760 and GPA 4.89/5.0 scale.
VO: awesome. Thought as much.
Pick up u...blaaa nlaaa.

And guess what? before graduation, alot of fortune 500 companies will awash you with countless offer.

My advice, with God and a very good foundation, life becomes very easy. My 2cent to encourage my every intellectually curious minds.

42 Likes 9 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Senate111: 10:20pm On Dec 11, 2017
Senate111:

Bro, I need your help.
Someone is trying to pay my sevis fee in the usa but its not going through saying error T4996 unable to process. What might be the issue?

Thanks

disregard this pls.
Problem solved already.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dannyfrank(m): 10:31pm On Dec 11, 2017
Time2Smile:

In fact, according to Wikipedia an internet troll "is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll's amusement."

and Sir, you didn't give him any advice in your initial response. So, it is either you are lying or a case of selective amnesia. Below are the question and your response.

So, where is the advice in the response above? Take a look again at the definition of a troll and tell me if this is not consistent with trolling.

Therefore, please do all us a favour Dr Twood, when someone asks for an advice on this thread and you don't have any to offer, can you please just move on instead of giving your unsolicited, sanctimonious judgement which only amounts to trolling. It is not too difficult to do, I believe in you, you can do this, I know you can.

N.B: I want to apologize to everyone for derailing the thread. I actually agree with him on a lot of things, but the earlier we call him out, and he stops his trolling behaviour, the better it is for the everyone and the thread.

@Mitchely, I will like to apologize for his insensitive remarks, if his hubris wouldn't allow him to do so.
he thinks he's the only one that can talk..nonsense..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by scaezar: 10:38pm On Dec 11, 2017
femi312:
Well maybe private schools but I will never question a first class from a public school, because I know how hard it is to make a first class , at least I know of my Alma mata, OAU. Its a matter of life and death.

Oshey Great Ife!!! Finallly! �
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kennynelcon(m): 10:43pm On Dec 11, 2017
[quote author=
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 11:01pm On Dec 11, 2017
Niv25:
hello guys...I intend starting my application by January next year...and I intend applying to only one community college which is HCC...I hope that won't be a problem..after making my inquiries and research I made up my mind to go with the school...I hope that won't raise a suspicion..Again I intend applying with my high school results...pls I you guys advice and suggestion..�

@ Twoods, @EZEIGBO, will really appreciate you GUYS candid advice TOO

Applying to just one school, and that a community college, is a bad idea.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 11:02pm On Dec 11, 2017
dannyfrank:
he thinks he's the only one that can talk..nonsense..

grin grin you and time2smile should feel free to ignore my posts... who cares?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Niv25: 11:07pm On Dec 11, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Niv25: 11:07pm On Dec 11, 2017
TWoods:

Applying to just one school, and that a community college, is a bad idea.

pls bro how its going to affect me, since am OK with school's curriculum?
And what do you think I should do thanks�

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (514)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.