Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (912789 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sultanfortune(m): 1:41pm On Jan 18, 2018
Someone should please answer my question regarding summer classes.
I initially stated that I deferred my admission from spring to summer 2018 because of late arrival of my i20,because the school sent it through regular mail and it didn't get here on time for my interview and all that.
My question is,do people attend visa interviews from Nigeria for summer classes,because I only basically see transcripts for spring and fall classes.
Your prompt response(s) will be highly appreciated and THANKS!
The gurus in the house,please answer a brother..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by fairheart(m): 1:46pm On Jan 18, 2018
You can get unconditional admission with your gpa. Altering is not an option. You need to look for school that will offer you conditional admission. write to me and let's see how you can be guided or go through the thread carefully and help yourself.
dk2baba:
My uncle has been trying to get a university in USA for me but the Problem is the grade I finished with second class lower division then my
question is 1) that do u guys really think I can get a school in USA Dat would accept 2:2?
Question 2 )
and if I get a school can I apply with my student copy of the transcript or the school would have to send my transcript by themselves.
Question 3 is it possible for transcript to b altered and be used to gain admission into any university in usa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 1:46pm On Jan 18, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
Thanks alot....i appreciate your response greatly..

Keep PM everybody that cannot tell you things you need here. Better be careful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by thacokeboy: 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2018
sultanfortune:
I initially stated that I deferred my admission from spring to summer 2018 because of late arrival of my i20,because the school sent it through regular mail and it didn't get here on time for my interview and all that.
My question is,do people attend visa interviews from Nigeria for summer classes,because I only basically see transcripts for spring and fall classes.
. boss which school is dat?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by fairheart(m): 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2018
If you are a graduate, why do you want to write SAT? You can go for a second degree though, but depends on your age, because the VO will look into that in determining your eligibility for student visa. You need to sit down, plan carefully and go for the best option available to you.
Try to understand what you are getting into. Dream to study abroad is not all there is; there are prices to be paid.
Good luck. If you have more questions, you can write me or drop them here.
Naughtyvirgin:
Hello house I'm new on here...
I'm a graduate with B.sc in Biochemistry, I have a cgpa of 2.07 so I believe I can't use this for masters in the States.
Basically I plan taking the SAT exam d's year but I'd be applying as a freshman ..i just want to know if this is a good idea...your candid advise would be appreciated. Thanks[color=#770077][/color]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2018
fairheart:
If you are a graduate, why do you want to write SAT? You can go for a second degree though, but depends on your age, because the VO will look into that in determining your eligibility for student visa. You need to sit down, plan carefully and go for the best option available to you.
Try to understand what you are getting into. Dream to study abroad is not all there is; there are prices to be paid.
Bro I wrote you an email pls reply me via email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:56pm On Jan 18, 2018
sultanfortune:

Yes I know two people who went for summer resumption

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 2:02pm On Jan 18, 2018
I actually wanted to write the SAT and apply as a freshman because of my low cgpa from my first degree...im sure no school would accept a 2.07 coz i would love to go for Nursing...

But if you feel I still stand a chance to apply as a second degree applicants pls can you guide me through what exams to take and necessary stuffs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 2:03pm On Jan 18, 2018
I replied your mail bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by fairheart(m): 2:07pm On Jan 18, 2018
Hmm, Nursing, 2.07 gpa. Well, Nobody knows every US schools program requirement. I have seen grad school that offer admission to 2.0 for major science program. Best thing to do is search for schools using google. Be creative and use search strings tailored to your need, for example: Graduate Schools in US that offer admission with 2.0 GPA. Chances are you will find some. Keep asking question. There is a solution to everything.
Naughtyvirgin:
I actually wanted to write the SAT and apply as a freshman because of my low cgpa from my first degree...im sure no school would accept a 2.07 coz i would love to go for Nursing...

But if you feel I still stand a chance to apply as a second degree applicants pls can you guide me through what exams to take and necessary stuffs

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sultanfortune(m): 2:09pm On Jan 18, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Yes I know two people who went for summer resumption
thacokeboy:
Thank u lagosismyhome.
Gracias....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sultanfortune(m): 2:10pm On Jan 18, 2018
thacokeboy:
Its Cleveland State University Ohio
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by fairheart(m): 2:11pm On Jan 18, 2018
I didn't get any message from you. Better write again, or drop it here.
Naughtyvirgin:
I replied your mail bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by fairheart(m): 2:14pm On Jan 18, 2018
I can contribute for now because I am somewhat free. Keep asking questions until you get what you want.
Naughtyvirgin:
You 've been really helpful bro...really wish I could easily chat you up on whatsapp each time i have a question..thanks alot amd everyone on here also
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by texrem(m): 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2018
Anybody studying Masters in Public administration should please DM me! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 2:17pm On Jan 18, 2018
I've resent ...try check it out

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 2:20pm On Jan 18, 2018
I just checked online now via Google...most of the schools I saw went as low as 2.5 ....
I'd glad if you could help do a little check also but I'm actually trying to get schools in Newjersey , Maryland or anywhere close to those states coz that's where my sis lives with her family
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by HalbondAdmin: 2:32pm On Jan 18, 2018
Brain Drain....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Philadelphia: 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2018
30watts:

Oga Twoods Oga Twoods!

You guys should keep encouraging his rude responses. He has information or he’s experienced with a process doesn’t necessarily mean he should respond to harmless (even if sometimes rhetoric or stupid) questions harshly. Truth is if he doesn’t contribute some other people will step up to assist.

You're very correct. Same reason Nigeria as a country remains backward because of the poor reasoning of her citizens. Oga my foot. Who him help? He is in the US (that's if he is there) does not make him better than Nigerians back in Nigeria.
Say no to asslicking.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 18, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
I just checked online now via Google...most of the schools I saw went as low as 2.5 ....
I'd glad if you could help do a little check also but I'm actually trying to get schools in Newjersey , Maryland or anywhere close to those states coz that's where my sis lives with her family
Sorry did you hold a Bachelor of science in nursing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by SilentPistol: 3:42pm On Jan 18, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
You 've been really helpful bro...really wish I could easily chat you up on whatsapp each time i have a question..thanks alot amd everyone on here also

There are typically two routes to a Nursing degree since you have a Bachelor's degree. You can either apply for a Master's in Nursing, having fulfilled all prerequisites needed for admission, or you can apply for an accelerated Bachelor's degree in Nursing which would take you an average of 18-24 months. For a direct Master's in Nursing, the general requirements are a Bachelor's in Nursing & a registered nurse (RN) license. Though this may slightly differ from school to school.

For an accelerated BSN, the general requirement is a Bachelor's from any field. You may need to have fulfiled basic biology, human anatomy, chemistry (& so on) requirement based on the school. You will need to write the Health Education System Incorporated (HESI) exam & obtain good scores on the test. Your HESI, undergraduate GPA, and perhaps in some schools, your essay, will be used in making the admission decision. Getting into a good nursing program from Nigeria can be a bit tricky.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by fromree: 3:52pm On Jan 18, 2018
Thank you, will do that.
SilentPistol:

Apply for an expedited appointment stating your reason for applying. Refer to this link: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-expeditedappointment.asp
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Etap: 3:57pm On Jan 18, 2018
Pls i want to book a date for interview but everytime i log in i have been seeing jan 25 and 23 as the first available date (since yesterday ), but for me i want a date in feb, now i want to ask that once i enter my refrence no on my visa fee reciept will i be able to choose a date of my choice or automatically the first available date i saw will be the date i will go for interview.pls someone hould please reply.Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Accscholar: 4:11pm On Jan 18, 2018
Etap:
Pls i want to book a date for interview but everytime i log in i have been seeing jan 25 and 23 as the first available date (since yesterday ), but for me i want a date in feb, now i want to ask that once i enter my refrence no on my visa fee reciept will i be able to choose a date of my choice or automatically the first available date i saw will be the date i will go for interview.pls someone hould please reply.Thank you

First available date = earliest date, which means you can choose dates after that but not before that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2018
fairheart:

Bro....I will like a detail answer to this.
Does age really matter in getting a student visa? (undergraduate precisely)
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by 30watts: 5:17pm On Jan 18, 2018
I guess you have read the responses and replies to my initial post. If non speaks to you then I cannot help you.

That said, "we"(new joiners and old timers) appreciate your contributions and informed opinions on the thread. However, we hope that you will continue to support "this ministry" albeit in a more respectful manner.

Thanks Twoods, I reserve the "Oga" for the policeman at Ojuelegba who may delay me for driving without my licence.

TWoods:

Perhaps you should “step up to assist” first? Talk is cheap.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 5:22pm On Jan 18, 2018
With all sincerity I'd say this is the first time I ever heard of the HESI A2 exam , I googled it out and I saw it actually consist of various sections just like the SAT but the only difference is the physics section and I'm really not good with physics...

If I get to write this exam would my scores be sent to the schools I choose to apply to like its been done with SAT ...and what's the exam being scored over and what's a good score on the exam ...thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.