Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (910905 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kindaguy(m): 12:00am On Jan 19, 2018
fairheart:
Sure you can!
av sent you a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olorisijuade: 12:55am On Jan 19, 2018
Hello everyone, i am new on here.
I plan to apply for spring 2019 admission into top usa schools for a master in civil engineering. I want schools that would give me full funding, thats why I am giving myself enough time to prepare for gre. But my questions and concerns are :

1- my cgpa is 2.99, civil engineering, OAU., can I get an admission with full funding with my cgpa if I ace gre?
2- what score doni need to achieve in gre if I wish to be considered for full funding in top universities?
3- does anyone have a list of scjools that gives funding to International students, I have some but I stillmmeed more to narrow down my research.
4- I need orientation on how to ace my gre, how to prepare a statement of purpose and a cv for academic admission. And most importantly, I need a very recent preparatory materials for gre. I think the ones I have is obsolete.

Please note that I have done my research, but I still need these advice and orientation from this great platform because it contains people with experience, knowledge and information that money van never buy. Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Perotti: 1:55am On Jan 19, 2018
It’s been 6 months of my stay and studies here at Colorado State and it’s been good so far.
My advice for incoming folks without funding:

Sort out your finances before coming here.
Never give up
Hold onto God

I will attach a photo of stuff I got for free from the Larimer county food bank (once every month on campus) to motivate guys. Pls we neeed more black folks here at Colorado State. Apply and hope for the best!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tactmayor: 1:58am On Jan 19, 2018
Wow,great....how abt his toefl?
ponpon:
GRE Q 170 V 156 GPA 4.99 '' UNILAG''
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 1:58am On Jan 19, 2018
Olorisijuade:
Hello everyone, i am new on here.
I plan to apply for spring 2019 admission into top usa schools for a master in civil engineering. I want schools that would give me full funding, thats why I am giving myself enough time to prepare for gre. But my questions and concerns are :

1- my cgpa is 2.99, civil engineering, OAU., can I get an admission with full funding with my cgpa if I ace gre?
2- what score doni need to achieve in gre if I wish to be considered for full funding in top universities?
3- does anyone have a list of scjools that gives funding to International students, I have some but I stillmmeed more to narrow down my research.
4- I need orientation on how to ace my gre, how to prepare a statement of purpose and a cv for academic admission. And most importantly, I need a very recent preparatory materials for gre. I think the ones I have is obsolete.

Please note that I have done my research, but I still need these advice and orientation from this great platform because it contains people with experience, knowledge and information that money van never buy. Thanks in anticipation.

1) Your CGPA is pretty low (Kamal,Fajobi et al really dealt with you) but with a good GRE score, LOR,SOP and probably some work experiences, you stand a chance. No one can really tell you a school that has funding, funding scenarios each year is different and it depends on availability of funds, how good or average the applicants pool is and so on. Your best bet is to shortlist schools and start mailing the graduate coordinators one after the other to inquire about research and funding opportunities.
2) You need to shoot for something above 320 to boost your GPA. Even at that funding is not certain but at least it will give you an avenue to try and see what comes out of it. If I were you, I will plan and apply towards Fall 2019, there are more admission and funding opportunities in Fall cycles because its the main session in the US and more students graduate in Spring which opens up spaces for the next Fall.
3)No one has a list. Most schools will state on their websites if they offer Assistanship or not. You can also ask the grad cord of each school beforehand, by that you don't end up wasting money to apply.
4) You should get the materials here and get advice from people who have taken the test recently https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre/330

P.S: You can get a good SOP here to guide you in writing yours https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKmQy59LeEpZ2Y3bnk2Vlh4ekM0dy13VERhWDNpY2FGLVRV/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKmQy59LeEpQ0VGeFVSd0l1eUJyMUJvQ0V3cW1oeDhmZ3J3/view?usp=sharing

List of Civil engineering schools ranking here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKmQy59LeEpUW5tbEZhRHJmR1U/view?usp=sharing. If you get a good GRE school, you can shortlist and apply to 2 schools in the top 70 but if you don't, don't waste your time and money applying to them because your CGPA is pretty low, you might even need to evaluate your CGPA to a scale of 4.0 first here www.wes.org to know if you will make minimum of 3.0/4.0 and if not, just start looking for schools that admit 2.8/4 CGPAs like Northern Illinois University, University of Toledo etc. I am just mentioning these schools from the top of my head so I don't know if they have Civil Engineering program.

You might also need to look for schools that give international students instate tuition, with that you get to pay a lesser tuition compare to the huge out of state tuition. You can look at schools in Texas like TAMUK etc. You can also check University of Toledo and University of Wyoming. Note that these schools are not ranked but it is what it is, your options are limited right now. If Phd is your ultimate goal, you may go to these schools, get a good grade with good research experience then apply to a Tier 1 school for Phd. There is no hard rule about this.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by winterstorm: 2:09am On Jan 19, 2018
Still waiting to hear that Twood gave them better prep.for visa or that he received them when they got there.
dollyptosh:
Loool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by signature2012(m): 3:20am On Jan 19, 2018
Keep voicing out....

Say no to #E-bullying.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by k199192: 3:38am On Jan 19, 2018
Perotti:
It’s been 6 months of my stay and studies here at Colorado State and it’s been good so far.

Never give up
Hold onto God

I will attach a photo of stuff I got for free from the Larimer county food bank (once every month on campus) to motivate guys. Pls we neeed more black folks here at Colorado State. Apply and hope for the best!
I heard that we Edison now legal in the state of Colorado? Is that true.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Teedawg: 3:55am On Jan 19, 2018
Sometimes the messages I read here makes me wonder how some people are even in undergraduate, graduate, doctoral or even have families self .. Later one will wonder why Nigeria is still at it state . do you know what it means for some President to call some African countries sh!t hole( allegedly) a sh!t hole is filled with sh!t just in case you forgot about that and what most people do here is sh!t not excluding myself because we can't move forward if we don't accept our wrong as a whole and to some of you based abroad from your absurd behaviors I'm beginning to wonder who is the illegal here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:14am On Jan 19, 2018
ponpon:
Save yourself stress by downloading and using Venmo

no doubt venmo is the way to go but i'm in a fix considering the fund is in my paypal account and paypal has not completed linking my bank acct so i can not make withdrawals but payout .. man needs the fund to sort out bills AsAP..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ponpon(m): 7:16am On Jan 19, 2018
Linking PayPal to your bank can be done in few minutes
Mandem101:

no doubt venmo is the way to go but i'm in a fix considering the fund is in my paypal account and paypal has not completed linking my bank acct so i can not make withdrawals but payout .. man needs the fund to sort out bills AsAP..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 19, 2018
ponpon:
Linking PayPal to your bank can be done in few minutes

ofcourse it can be done in few minutes not since yesterday though.. seem to be under some sort of maintenance or whatever the glitch they 're trying to fix.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Yildiz: 8:25am On Jan 19, 2018
Please gurus in the house I need your advice. I intent to apply to UTK for PhD in Data Science and Engineering, I have mailed the coordinator several times and she is helpful but she has so far refused to answer my question regarding the number of applicants they normally have per year. Further search shows that the program is new, it was just started last year. All she keeps telling me is that about 50% of applicants are admitted. My question is, is this course really worth it considering it is a new course, currently the course is not even ranked and how about job prospect after completion.

I have already applied to other good school but for PhD in Electrical Engineering. My profile is decent; 4.26/5 UG, 3.5/4 MSc, 322 GRE, 105 TOEFL, I have 5 publications.

Please gurus I need your advice.

CC ponpon
CC femi312
CC Lagosismyhome
CC folmus
CC Philadelphia
CC biikeys
CC twoods
CC All

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Babsfad: 8:40am On Jan 19, 2018
biikeys:

All these agent schools...smh. You better look for a better school

Can you explain better please.. I don't understand
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by whandeykoal(f): 8:43am On Jan 19, 2018
align360:

Ok man. Stay safe.
I can't judge anyone even though twoods has once given me a harsh response over an innocent simple question... But my own is...is coming to this forum to make enquiries not also part of research? Haba

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aitonline(m): 8:48am On Jan 19, 2018
Perotti:

Never give up
Hold onto God

Am new here. Do they offer MS in construction management in your school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aitonline(m): 8:56am On Jan 19, 2018
After my search, I came up with these schools.

1. Clemson University ( construction science & management)

2. University of Florida (construction management/science)

3. Florida International university.
( construction engineering -masters )

3. Michigan state university
( construction management)

4. University of British Columbia
( project and construction management)

5. Wentworth institute of Technology -Boston
(Ms in construction management)

6. Texas A&M university
(Ms construction management)

7. New York university

8. University of Wisconsin-stouts
( ms construction management)

9. Jefferson university/ Philadelphia university
(Ms const. Management)

10. Washington university in St. Louis
( master of construction management)

After my search for schools, I came up with these school.

Please, I need you advice on which school to settle for based on:

1. Assistantship
2. Low Tuition fee
3. Normal living cost
4 Chances of admission
and other useful information.

Moreover, you can as well suggest the schools that offer "Construction management " programs with above conditions.

Thanks for your assistance.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by k199192: 8:57am On Jan 19, 2018
align360:

Ok man. Stay safe.
I wish you the same.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 8:58am On Jan 19, 2018
Yildiz:
Please gurus in the house I need your advice. I intent to apply to UTK for PhD in Data Science and Engineering, I have mailed the coordinator several times and she is helpful but she has so far refused to answer my question regarding the number of applicants they normally have per year. Further search shows that the program is new, it was just started last year. All she keeps telling me is that about 50% of applicants are admitted. My question is, is this course really worth it considering it is a new course, currently the course is not even ranked and how about job prospect after completion.

I have already applied to other good school but for PhD in Electrical Engineering. My profile is decent; 4.26/5 UG, 3.5/4 MSc, 322 GRE, 105 TOEFL, I have 5 publications.

Please gurus I need your advice.

CC ponpon
CC femi312
CC Lagosismyhome
CC folmus
CC Philadelphia
CC biikeys
CC twoods
CC All

You really know what you want. If you want to remain in academics it might be a good one but for jobs outside of academic environment,I have no idea.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Yildiz: 9:05am On Jan 19, 2018
folmus:

You really know what you want. If you want to remain in academics it might be a good one but for jobs outside of academic environment,I have no idea.
the idea is research labs of companies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by micolino58: 10:09am On Jan 19, 2018
I was denied student visa today for MBA concentration to mis ,I don't even know why

Vo-where am I going to
Me-lincoln university Oakland California
Why mis _i have a flair and passion for IT and computers but the family i group up with buisness________it will equip me and give me managerial skills and behaviors to run my dads business
vo-My sponsor
Me-my dad
vo-What does he do
Into oil and gas transportation and haulage services
You mean he owns fuel stations ?no transportation of oil and gas

The conversation was going well she spent like 10mins quite with the system ,all I had was sorry _______den the blue paper .
What should I do next am confused ,empty and frustrated .
Yildiz:
the idea is research labs of companies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aitonline(m): 10:47am On Jan 19, 2018
Aitonline:
After my search, I came up with these schools.

1. Clemson University ( construction science & management)

2. University of Florida (construction management/science)

3. Florida International university.
( construction engineering -masters )

3. Michigan state university
( construction management)

4. University of British Columbia
( project and construction management)

5. Wentworth institute of Technology -Boston
(Ms in construction management)

6. Texas A&M university

7. New York university

8. University of Wisconsin-stouts
( ms construction management)

9. Jefferson university/ Philadelphia university
(Ms const. Management)

10. Washington university in St. Louis
( master of construction management)

After my search for schools, I came up with these school.

Please, I need you advice on which school to settle for based on:

1. Assistantship
2. Low Tuition fee
3. Normal living cost
4 Chances of admission
and other useful information.

Moreover, you can as well suggest the schools that offer "Construction management " programs with above conditions.

Thanks for your assistance.
kindly respond pls!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gifty28(f): 11:36am On Jan 19, 2018
please gpa of 3.0 out of 5, just an estimate, will it be between 2.7 or above
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by OluDare01(m): 12:30pm On Jan 19, 2018
Gifty28:
please gpa of 3.0 out of 5, just an estimate, will it be between 2.7 or above
Approximately 3.0/4

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (514)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.