Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,980 members, 7,803,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (911558 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 19, 2018
k199192:

This is an anonymous forum. Very faceless. It doesn't take any courage to ask anything or say anything. Don't come preaching to me. It is expected that everyone on this thread is a graduate. Some even claim to be first class graduates and cannot do a simple research. How is that forgivable. That's why we are busy attacking Trump that called us shit hole.. we nigerians hate the truth. At times I wonder why twoods is still on this thread helping out, but on a second thought it's because he is good person. If you take a look at his transcript, he did not need any body's help to get to America so he doesn't owe anybody anything on this thread. But he is still here helping people out even asure busy as I presume his schedule is, he finds time to reply people here. Abi you think seen is paying him abi. Its Because he has a kind heart. I may be wrong though. So don't preach to me. And now that you called me "ass licker" did you also need courage to do it. Continue. It's your type that will carry your first salary and give to pastor.
angry

God will forgive you for you don't know what you're saying . How on earth did you expect everyone here to be a graduate. Was it indicated at the forum topic that this forum is only for the graduates? And you telling me he is good person ...Did you mean definition of a good person from your side is that you should be rude just because you were asked some questions you think you weren't supposed to be asked ...Many would've done their homework and research well but they just wanted to hear from you if what is on the internet would be different from what you going to say.

Let's just be fair to ourselves we're all human beings we could meet anywhere ... If you don't like the question you were asked you just don't bother to reply other than Insulting a fully grown person or kill a young individual dream of aspiring for something great in life

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by fairheart(m): 1:10pm On Jan 19, 2018
There is college of New York City University that can offer you admission. I will find out which of the colleges and get back to you, or send me a message to remind me. I am somehow busy at the moment. Or go to this school website yourself and find out.
dk2baba:
My uncle has been trying to get a university in USA for me but the Problem is the grade I finished with second class lower division then my
question is 1) that do u guys really think I can get a school in USA Dat would accept 2:2?
Question 2 )
and if I get a school can I apply with my student copy of the transcript or the school would have to send my transcript by themselves.
Question 3 is it possible for transcript to b altered and be used to gain admission into any university in usa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ponpon(m): 2:11pm On Jan 19, 2018
I'm smelling spoilt Clarias
Mandem101:

ofcourse it can be done in few minutes not since yesterday though.. seem to be under some sort of maintenance or whatever the glitch they 're trying to fix.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 2:29pm On Jan 19, 2018
Yildiz:
Please gurus in the house I need your advice. I intent to apply to UTK for PhD in Data Science and Engineering, I have mailed the coordinator several times and she is helpful but she has so far refused to answer my question regarding the number of applicants they normally have per year. Further search shows that the program is new, it was just started last year. All she keeps telling me is that about 50% of applicants are admitted. My question is, is this course really worth it considering it is a new course, currently the course is not even ranked and how about job prospect after completion.

I have already applied to other good school but for PhD in Electrical Engineering. My profile is decent; 4.26/5 UG, 3.5/4 MSc, 322 GRE, 105 TOEFL, I have 5 publications.

Well most graduate coordinator will only give you a percentage of students admitted and not an actual number. I believe with your profile you should get admitted but then I am not on the admision committee.I have no knowledge about data Engineering nor its job prospect. If I were you I will chase electrical engineering because I want to believe it has good job prospect like some other Engineering, although you might find it hard to get jobs after graduation if you are in the Power concentration because that sector needs DOD clearance for you to work. Again, all these are based on hear say and some students experiences. I think Biikeys is in the Electrical field, You might talk to him about his experience in electrical sector.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Yildiz: 2:46pm On Jan 19, 2018
femi312:
Well most graduate coordinator will only give you a percentage of students admitted and not an actual number. I believe with your profile you should get admitted but then I am not on the admision committee.I have no knowledge about data Engineering nor its job prospect. If I were you I will chase electrical engineering because I want to believe it has good job prospect like some other Engineering, although you might find it hard to get jobs after graduation if you are in the Power concentration because that sector needs DOD clearance for you to work. Again, all these are based on hear say and some students experiences. I think Biikeys is in the Electrical field, You might talk to him about his experience in electrical sector.
Well one of my major concerns is that the course is relatively new and without ranking, but with full funding, so how acceptable will it be in the job market. My specialization is Signal processing and Machine learning. Again since you have mentioned DOD, then it means I will also need clearance if i am to work in the US with the data science PhD since my concentration will be national security. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by SilentPistol: 3:13pm On Jan 19, 2018
Yildiz:

Well one of my major concerns is that the course is relatively new and without ranking, but with full funding, so how acceptable will it be in the job market. My specialization is Signal processing and Machine learning. Again since you have mentioned DOD, then it means I will also need clearance if i am to work in the US with the data science PhD since my concentration will be national security. Thanks

Data Science is great, I wouldn't change it if I were you. During the course of your PhD, apply for NIW. You'll most likely get it & not have to worry about green card anymore. The job prospect is good too! Companies like KPMG, PWC, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, Ford, Cummins, Lockheed Martin & even oil companies hire data scientists. Your concentration is in National Security doesn't mean you have to work in that line. UTK is a good school too. You will be very alright.

If you doubt me, log on to www.indeed.com & search 'data scientists'. You're on a good path.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Yildiz: 3:21pm On Jan 19, 2018
Thanks that was helpful
SilentPistol:

Data Science is great, I wouldn't change it if I were you. During the course of your PhD, apply for NIW. You'll most likely get it & not have to worry about green card anymore. The job prospect is good too! Companies like KPMG, PWC, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, Ford, Cummins, Lockheed Martin & even oil companies hire data scientists. Your concentration is in National Security doesn't mean you have to work in that line. UTK is a good school too. You will be very alright.

If you doubt me, log on to www.indeed.com & search 'data scientists'. You're on a good path.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aphrodite007(f): 4:05pm On Jan 19, 2018
LagosIsMyHome

I am mentioning you because you are someone I respect a lot on nairaland and I have seen your contribution. Yes, Twoods is rude, but No, he is rude for good reason. We lack research culture in Nigeria and its very bad. some people prefer to just ask questions and not make any move on their own to get information- its such a disgusting habit. During my master's, I helped a friend who was doing his master's in Nigeria out with some of his assignments until he asked me to do his dissertation- I ended the friendship there!

Now if you look and the pages between 89 and this one, you will see a set of humans posting their cgpas and asking if they can study in America, however, if only they can go a few pages backwards, they would see the answers they need. I was also a newbie on some pages but I never posted questions until i read from page 0 to the recent page so that I dont miss anything. It is easy to bash TWoods for being rude, but imagine answering the same questions over and over again, even you would snap or ignore (like I do).

Now, to prove the lack of research culture I talked about, someone came and posted a list of 10 schools they found and asked to know if they can get the following from the schools..
1. Assistantship
2. Low Tuition fee
3. Normal living cost
4 Chances of admission

Neither you nor the people that have been bashing Twoods have responded to this person, because it is outrageous to ask us to do your own homework. I know that Twoods has asked people to mail the grad coordinators of their courses to get such info, some other people have also added that people don't know about funding in a school other than the grad coord, why then would someone expect me to sit by my PC and help them do this kind of work? I mean, how on earth do you want a master's degree in a developed country if you cannot find information yourself, or if you do not have the common sense and patience to read from the beginning of the thread, truly (like someone said) not everyone here is a graduate!

The end point of this is that even if Twoods or whoever is scolding newbies, since you have a big heart, answer the newbies. After three repeated responses, i'm sure you will give up!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gifty28(f): 5:47pm On Jan 19, 2018
[quote author=Gifty28 post=64332929]please gpa of 3.0 out of 5, just an estimate, will it be between 2.7 or above... thanks oludare, pls other responds are needed to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Chinewon88(m): 6:19pm On Jan 19, 2018
folmus:

How much the payment?

Hi, thanks but it’s been taken care of.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kekenation(m): 6:43pm On Jan 19, 2018
Just try this your unofficial transcript and thank me later https://applications.wes.org/igpa-calculator/[quote author=Gifty28 post=64342673][/quote]

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 7:00pm On Jan 19, 2018
Chinewon88:

Hi, thanks but it’s been taken care of.
hi during ur application to st cloud state did u upload your SOA or it was when you were about getting your 1-20?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coloniel5000(m): 8:23pm On Jan 19, 2018
good day to everyone in the house. please I need someone to help me with list of any USA university that accept uploading of unofficial university transcript during online application for admission review. thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kenneth4000: 8:27pm On Jan 19, 2018
Perotti:
It’s been 6 months of my stay and studies here at Colorado State and it’s been good so far.
My advice for incoming folks without funding:

Sort out your finances before coming here.
Never give up
Hold onto God
i. W
I will attach a photo of stuff I got for free from the Larimer county food bank (once every month on campus) to motivate guys. Pls we neeed more black folks here at Colorado State. Apply and hope for the best!
. Hello I want to apply for master in your school and I have degree in chemical engineering with gpa of 2.96/4 . Can ur school accept me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 8:37pm On Jan 19, 2018
Coloniel5000:
good day to everyone in the house. please I need someone to help me with list of any USA university that accept uploading of unofficial university transcript during online application for admission review. thanks.
1) Virginia Tech 2) Northwestern University 3) Ohio State 4) Oklahoma State 5) Michigan Tech 6) Uni of Maryland,College park 7) University of Kansas etc. Best thing to do is to start perusing the websites of all the Universities that offer your course. This is always stated on the admision page.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Perotti: 8:40pm On Jan 19, 2018
kenneth4000:
. Hello I want to apply for master in your school and I have degree in chemical engineering with gpa of 2.96/4 . Can ur school accept me

Not sure because I am not an Engineering grad student. I think you can try but make sure your GRE is very high.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2018
kenneth4000:
You should be asking the grad cord this question and not him. He is not and won't be on the admision committee. Most times they will tell you if they are flexible or not
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Perotti: 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2018
Aitonline:
Am new here. Do they offer MS in construction management in your school?

I don't know but its an easy search to do via google. I can speak for my college (Agriculture).

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Perotti: 8:43pm On Jan 19, 2018
k199192:

I heard that we Edison now legal in the state of Colorado? Is that true.

Recreational marijuana is legal in Colorado.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by DLanguage: 9:30pm On Jan 19, 2018
pls can someone urgently help me with this. I went to interview today for f1 visa. The VO collected my passport, she gave me white paper and told me to go and upload on my electronic sevis program start date. pls what does dat mean I really need an urgent answer my sch is starting on 26th of Janaury

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by OluDare01(m): 9:59pm On Jan 19, 2018
DLanguage:
pls can someone urgently help me with this. I went to interview today for f1 visa. The VO collected my passport, she gave me white paper and told me to go and upload on my electronic sevis program start date. pls what does dat mean I really need an urgent answer my sch is starting on 26th of Janaury
Are you sure you heard the right thing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by fairheart(m): 10:06pm On Jan 19, 2018
I was about asking the same thing.
OluDare01:

Are you sure you heard the right thing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by fairheart(m): 10:07pm On Jan 19, 2018
Did you not go with the Sevis receipt? Which I doubt! Could it be possible he wanted you to submit a document? better wait for 3 days and see what the Visa outcome is. Keep tracking the visa with the DS number and see if it is issued. Chances are you did not hear the consular very well. But I am confident you will have your visa at the pick up location after 3 days. I don't believe it will be delayed, even if the VO ask you to upload anything. This is my opinion.
Good luck
DLanguage:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by fairheart(m): 10:10pm On Jan 19, 2018
I am thinking the VO wants a prove that you will be able to meet the program start date. Maybe a letter from you school that it's not too late for you. One of my students was given admission for Spring 2018, which the student could not meet. She then write a letter to the POE officer, stating the student is permitted to come in later than the date stated on the i-20.

DLanguage:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dollyptosh(m): 10:20pm On Jan 19, 2018
LagosismyHome:
May we read less back and fort arguments in part 13 cool
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Chinewon88(m): 10:46pm On Jan 19, 2018
sunshineluv5:
hi during ur application to st cloud state did u upload your SOA or it was when you were about getting your 1-20?

Hi, if you’re applying for undergraduate admissions, you need it as part of required documents but if for graduate, it will be requested after acceptance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 19, 2018
ponpon:
I'm smelling spoilt Clarias
spoilt clarias? are u kidding me? i would appreciate you stop painting all canvass with one stroke, i don't know you and i am sure you don't know me either, i would respect you so much to ignore your fishy assumptions on my character.. have a good day and life ahead.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 11:04pm On Jan 19, 2018
Chinewon88:

Hi, if you’re applying for undergraduate admissions, you need it as part of required documents but if for graduate, it will be requested after acceptance.
ok cool thanks for graduate applicant do they request for wes transcript? although to speed up the admission process unofficial transcript is accepted but after acceptance must one go through wes?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by chinemomah2020(m): 12:10am On Jan 20, 2018
Aphrodite007:
LagosIsMyHome

I am mentioning you because you are someone I respect a lot on nairaland and I have seen your contribution. Yes, Twoods is rude, but No, he is rude for good reason. We lack research culture in Nigeria and its very bad. some people prefer to just ask questions and not make any move on their own to get information- its such a disgusting habit. During my master's, I helped a friend who was doing his master's in Nigeria out with some of his assignments until he asked me to do his dissertation- I ended the friendship there!

Now if you look and the pages between 89 and this one, you will see a set of humans posting their cgpas and asking if they can study in America, however, if only they can go a few pages backwards, they would see the answers they need. I was also a newbie on some pages but I never posted questions until i read from page 0 to the recent page so that I dont miss anything. It is easy to bash TWoods for being rude, but imagine answering the same questions over and over again, even you would snap or ignore (like I do).

Now, to prove the lack of research culture I talked about, someone came and posted a list of 10 schools they found and asked to know if they can get the following from the schools..
1. Assistantship
2. Low Tuition fee
3. Normal living cost
4 Chances of admission

Neither you nor the people that have been bashing Twoods have responded to this person, because it is outrageous to ask us to do your own homework. I know that Twoods has asked people to mail the grad coordinators of their courses to get such info, some other people have also added that people don't know about funding in a school other than the grad coord, why then would someone expect me to sit by my PC and help them do this kind of work? I mean, how on earth do you want a master's degree in a developed country if you cannot find information yourself, or if you do not have the common sense and patience to read from the beginning of the thread, truly (like someone said) not everyone here is a graduate!

The end point of this is that even if Twoods or whoever is scolding newbies, since you have a big heart, answer the newbies. After three repeated responses, i'm sure you will give up!

Am just being forced to comment on this. Bro all what you have stated is not an excuse to be rude or what so ever. It has been said here over and over again.. if you perceive a question to be a dum/foolish question and you feel you can not respond to such questions.. you can simply just scroll pass the question and move on instead of insulting or bulling that person. That is the point everyone is trying to make.

Then again as regards to your question about Lagosismyhome. It could be she is off online at the moment when that question was asked or possibly she chose not to respond instead of being rude to the person which i see as maturity. So you can see everything boils down to one point and I hope you understand the point! Shalom.

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.