Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Cpanel Upgrade To Cpanel Accelerated 2 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Cpanel Upgrade To Cpanel Accelerated 2 (3711 Views)

Upgrade To Windows 10 Free Download Full Version / After Upgrade To Wordpress 4.0 I Am Getting A JS Error / Wordpress Feed Showing Comments Since Upgrade To 2.0.1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cpanel Upgrade To Cpanel Accelerated 2 by Mbeki: 6:00am On Mar 31, 2010
I registered a domain recently, only to discover that the hosting company uses cpanel 10. I've asked them to upgrade it to cpanel 2 accelerated to no avail.
Please is there any way I can upgrade it without their assistance. Because I want to use CMS from the cpanel and can't.
Any assistance will be appreciated.
Re: Cpanel Upgrade To Cpanel Accelerated 2 by DualCore1: 6:10am On Mar 31, 2010
No. cPanel upgrades are done through SSH (command line) or through the WHM interface. You must have root access to the server for either of the options. If your host service provider is running a reseller account, there is nothing they themselves can do but to ask the upstream providers to upgrade.

Mbeki:

Because I want to use CMS from the cpanel and can't.
Can you explain exactly why you cant?
Re: Cpanel Upgrade To Cpanel Accelerated 2 by Mbeki: 6:37am On Mar 31, 2010
The host company are just being complacent. The first domain I registered with them, they upgraded it upon my request, but this one they just refused to do anything.
What I mean by CMS is (content management system) I want to use joomla, but the link to joomla in the cpanel is not working.
Re: Cpanel Upgrade To Cpanel Accelerated 2 by DualCore1: 6:45am On Mar 31, 2010
You are able to install scripts directly from your cPanel through the cPanel addon called Fantastico. It is not mandatory that your host offers Fantastico with their package because its not part of the cPanel/WHM core interface and it even attracts its own extra cost because its license is different from the main cpanel license. A cPanel upgrade is necessary at this point but it is not a solution to this problem. A Fantastico upgrade is necessary.

Using Fantastico is not mandatory, it just makes work easier and shields you from installing scripts as they are supposed to be installed normally, which will involve going to the source of the script and downloading it, then uploading it to a location on your server and then reading the manual on installation and so on.

Check the Joomla website on information on how to install Joomla on your website. Fantastico is just a tool to make it easy, if the tool is broken it doesn't mean you have to stop work.
Re: Cpanel Upgrade To Cpanel Accelerated 2 by OmniPotens(m): 6:46am On Mar 31, 2010
Send them a report that your link is not working but I hope you are making use of the Fantastico anyway. Another option is to create a folder and upload the Joomla files to it.

Next time, choose a better company to host your website.
Re: Cpanel Upgrade To Cpanel Accelerated 2 by Mbeki: 7:12am On Mar 31, 2010
thanks guys for the solution. I have enough joomla folders here that i purchased and will upload them. I thought i need fantastico to use them before. The webhost i used is nairahost seems to be very reliable before, but i don't understand them again
Re: Cpanel Upgrade To Cpanel Accelerated 2 by OmniPotens(m): 7:33am On Mar 31, 2010
If there services gets bad, make a change. No time to waste.

(1) (Reply)

How can I integrate GTPay with Virtuemart, TomatoCart Or Opencart / Abeg Who Is Nairaland.com's Web Host? / What Happened To Nairalist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.