Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Yoruba Politics Second To Non - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Politics Second To Non (388 Views)

Weaponising Religion In Yoruba Politics / Yoruba Politics Second To Non / Ibo should learn from yoruba politics (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Yoruba Politics Second To Non by ItsTutsi(m): 6:52pm On Dec 10, 2017
first of all let me introduce myself as a full blooded hausa/fulani indigine who has been following the political hype and euphoria on this forum,just to clarify and make things clear,I'm not an afonja or igbo/ipob as people will like to believe or insinuate..i have been following the chain of events leading to PDP's national convention that was concluded yesterday,with his Excellency Prince Uche Secondus triumphing and coming through as a worthy winner

but what really baffles me and gets to my imagination is as to why did SW aspirant wait until the last minute before they agreed to all step down for a consensus candidate,they most have known,it will definitely be too late and impossible to garner support and votes for their candidate at that injury time..and coming from a sophisticated tribe,whose political calculation and understanding is second to non ,I just felt there has to be a logical and rational aspect to this issue

well to my own understanding and perception,is like the SW political heavyweight are not interested in PDP anymore(excluding those in PDP camp) base on their nonchalant attitude compared to those from the SE and SS,coupled with the possibility of losing the VC slot in 2019..i think the SW proposely waited until the last minute to agree on a consensus,knowing it was impossible to get enough votes and win,in that case,they could have a valid excuse and reason to pull out and instigate the SW masses against the party..i wasn't surprised when George said Wike insulted the Yoruba and most apologised,I think it's all part of the grand plan to pull out en mass..non of the SW aspirant has congratulated and accepted defeat,I think that says a lot about the whole validation

if that's the case,the SW has pulled off another political masterstroke,kudus to them!
Re: Yoruba Politics Second To Non by chibuzorAbia: 6:56pm On Dec 10, 2017
B
Re: Yoruba Politics Second To Non by Mynd44: 6:59pm On Dec 10, 2017

(1)

Okorocha, A Massive Hit Or A Colossal Mistake? / My Terrible Xperience With Sars / Aisha Buhari Advices Her Fellow Housewife To Futher More There Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.